Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 in play experience
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
MaxHunter
The team has just finished a multi-session run in Amazonia.
(Some people might remember about the overprized Ares Alpha discussion)

Well, in that Amazonian run the team was bodyguarding a group of six scientists with no combat experience. They had the company of a former US. Marine who lived in the jungle and worked as the local guide.
The itinerary was quite complicated and the runners and their clients ran into awakened anacondas, corporate spies, giant leeches, magic tropical storms, poison-using indians, itchy spiders, angry nature spirits and some more.
The most climatic fight included an aztlan-sponsored guerrilla the size of a platoon (20+) plus an Azzie shaman and a Leopard Guard Sniper.

Please notice that in most combat encounters there were four runners and seven "good" NPC taking actions, plus the opposition.

This means that in the guerrilla warfare scenario there were more than 32 active characters involved!!

Even in that occasion combat went smoothly and the scene was finished in about three and a half hours. I am quite a resourceful as a GM, but even the players said that this would have been just impossibly long under the old rules.

By the way, the four runners survived (one in overflow, the rest wounded), and two scientists.

Just wanted to share.

Cheers,

Max

Cain
Even in that occasion combat went smoothly and the scene was finished in about three and a half hours.

Three and a half hours?! eek.gif

Maybe I've been playing too much Savage Worlds recently, but I've been going through 50-plus active character combats in less than 30 minutes. That time is really not very impressive in comparison to other systems. (Bull has specifically asked us to avoid SR3-4 comparisons, so I won't go there, but comparisons to other RPGs is fair game.) I haven't noticed SR4 running any better than many of the other new games out there, and it's significantly behind some of them.
Synner
QUOTE (Cain @ Mar 21 2006, 06:51 AM)
Maybe I've been playing too much Savage Worlds recently, but I've been going through 50-plus active character combats in less than 30 minutes.  That time is really not very impressive in comparison to other systems.

As opposed to a 32-character combat in SR3? I definitely prefer SR4 because we ran a similar SR3 fight (the MCT shootout in the Amazonia leg of Survival of the Fittest) with 10 characters and it took 4+ hours. We've had similar firefights in SR4 that took about a third of the time.

(Bull has specifically asked us to avoid SR3-4 comparisons, so I won't go there, but comparisons to other RPGs is fair game.)

I suggest you reread the sticky. As long as you "don't bash, put down, or be negative" or otherwise flame there's no reason not to compare.
mfb
you can't like SR4! it's bad!
Grinder
Thanks for the example, mfb biggrin.gif

MaxHunter: was one of the runner magically active? In the games i run magic seems to be a bit overpowered. What had been your experiences with it?
Oracle
In my opinion the new magic system makes it much more important to have magical cover using "dispelling" (I hope that's the right English term for the German word "Spruchabwehr".) However I don't see it as overpowered.
Grinder
It's Counterspelling.

In my games the mages usually had twice the number of dices (magic + spellcasting) than the target/poor victim.
Synner
I've found enforcement of cover and visibility modifiers brings the dicepool down significantly although a magician still averages significantly more dice than a mundane defender.
Grinder
Exactly smile.gif And that's what made spells deadlier than in my SR3 games. I killed 4 runners with a single manaball (magic 5, spellcasting 5), more by accident. This never happened in SR1-3, at least not accidently.
Azralon
QUOTE (Grinder)
In the games i run magic seems to be a bit overpowered. What had been your experiences with it?

FWIW, to date our group has seen more frightening lethality out of recoil-compensated fully-automatic weapons than anything else. Next up would be the troll's bow and combat axe.
Grinder
My player didn't have combat monster (what really surprised me), so we only had one firefight with heavier weapons than SMGs. It was a light MG and indeed really lethal.
Butterblume
QUOTE (Grinder)
Exactly smile.gif And that's what made spells deadlier than in my SR3 games. I killed 4 runners with a single manaball (magic 5, spellcasting 5), more by accident. This never happened in SR1-3, at least not accidently.

Accidental killing, with a mage with superior magic attribute and Expert Skill, with, I assume, a Force 5 spell?

Not easy to do.
Unless of course, the runners were allready wounded.
Cain
As opposed to a 32-character combat in SR3? I definitely prefer SR4 because we ran a similar SR3 fight (the MCT shootout in the Amazonia leg of Survival of the Fittest) with 10 characters and it took 4+ hours. We've had similar firefights in SR4 that took about a third of the time.

Umm... second part of the sticky?
Do not start a debate about X vs Y. State your case, and walk away.

I *really* want to avoid the SR3-4 comparison, so to avoid any fighting. Too many tempers ready to flare. Other systems are fair, though; and the difference between 3.5 hours and about twenty-seven minutes is pretty dramatic.
MaxHunter
In this adventure the mage was not unbalancing, nor any of the other players, but there was magical opposition, some spirits and the azzie sniper did take the mage out on round two of the big firefight.

I do not think, nor have experienced, that mages have a more unbalancing effect than a recoil compensated Ares Alpha with grenades and XX ammo.

Spirits are complicated, but the drain for both summoning and binding can be horrendous. (The azzie shaman died trying to banish an attacking beast spirit)

I think it is a good idea to keep the players on their toes and not let them take anything for granted. A simple goon can kill you if it takes on you unaware, some spirits could interpret orders in malicious ways, and the opposition may be using the same tactics that you do, or worse.

This particular group of runners was composed of the shaman (more into conjuring than anything else), one street samurai (REALLY maxed out), one gunslinger adept (vanilla, with some good infiltration skills) and one close combat adept (also quite normal)

In the end the gunslinger adept turned that fight because of good tactics and some fortune. (He accidentally ran into the sniper's position on round 3 and won the surprise roll, then he got hold of the rifle, moved to a concealed position and then started taking out the most troublesome soldiers of the enemy squad)

Dear Cain, The whole SCENE lasted 3 and a half hours, that included like 45 minutes that were dedicated to roleplaying and walking into the fight. Combat went smoothly and felt quick but reallistic. Also, take into consideration that at least 7 characters had one or two extra passes and that the jungle environment didn't allow for much use of area damage strikes. (spells, grenades) We have practice using the rules, and that counts too.
Most of the times the players could make out only a fraction of the opposition, shooting from among the trees.

I understand that other systems are quicker, though.

Cheers,

Max

Azralon
QUOTE (MaxHunter @ Mar 21 2006, 01:19 PM)

QUOTE (Savage Worlds Test Drive p3)
You don’t have to take Fighting for your sword, dagger, dirk, and axe—Fighting covers it all. Remember, this is a game of Fast! Furious! Fun!

Tic-tac-toe resolves fairly quickly, too.
Waltermandias
Glad to hear your game went well. My group has had very similar experiences with big combats, all in all things are running much faster than in SR3. Of course we primarily played old World of Darkness before, so any combat system that doesn't completely suck fills me with joy. Yay five hour fights that were neither realistic nor fun. We were always encouraged to find non-violent solutions just because the violence was so dreadfully boring. dead.gif
Cain
QUOTE (Azralon)
QUOTE (MaxHunter @ Mar 21 2006, 01:19 PM)

QUOTE (Savage Worlds Test Drive p3)
You don’t have to take Fighting for your sword, dagger, dirk, and axe—Fighting covers it all. Remember, this is a game of Fast! Furious! Fun!

Tic-tac-toe resolves fairly quickly, too.

You're not making any sense. What does extra-wide skill groups have to do with smooth game mechanics? Unless you're saying that SR4 resolves so slowly, everything else looks like tic-tac-toe in comparison... which means SR4 is slow and cumbersome to a fault. Is that what you're trying to say?

Every system has its advantages and disadvantages. Savage Worlds is even more abstract in skills than Shadowrun is, which some might like and some might not. However, you're not going to get very far by insulting every other system out there, because it does something better than SR4. The strength of Savage Worlds is combat-- it's fast, it's fun, and it has at least as many tactical options as Shadowrun. That's what it's designed for, and that's what it does very well.

I'm still working out what the advantage of the SR4 system is; the world is fine, but I'm not noticing that the actual mechanics are very impressive in relation to many of the new game systems. So far, the best anyone's said is "SR4-- it doesn't suck like it used to!" nyahnyah.gif

Seriously, what's the advantage of SR4 in relation to other systems? I mean, the longevity of Shadowrun is going to be dependent on how well it competes with other RPGs on the market. If the mechanics don't stand out, SR4 is going to have an upill battle.
Grinder
QUOTE (Butterblume)
QUOTE (Grinder)

Accidental killing, with a mage with superior magic attribute and Expert Skill, with, I assume, a Force 5 spell?

Not easy to do.
Unless of course, the runners were allready wounded.

It wasn't my intention to kill the runners and yes, Force 5 spell. I had 3 net hits against 4 out of 5 runners, so they ended up with 8 boxes physical damage. Sure they had been lightly wounded before but not that bad.
Synner
Not easy to do. Unless of course, the runners were allready wounded.

It wasn't my intention to kill the runners and yes, Force 5 spell. I had 3 net hits against 4 out of 5 runners, so they ended up with 8 boxes physical damage. Sure they had been lightly wounded before but not that bad.

And nobody got any hits on their resistence test?
GuyofDoom
QUOTE (Cain)
Even in that occasion combat went smoothly and the scene was finished in about three and a half hours.

Three and a half hours?! eek.gif

Maybe I've been playing too much Savage Worlds recently, but I've been going through 50-plus active character combats in less than 30 minutes. That time is really not very impressive in comparison to other systems. (Bull has specifically asked us to avoid SR3-4 comparisons, so I won't go there, but comparisons to other RPGs is fair game.) I haven't noticed SR4 running any better than many of the other new games out there, and it's significantly behind some of them.

Maybe I just don't know the system of Savage Worlds, but I'd be worried in most games if any serious combat lasted less than an hour.

I would say that for 32 characters 3.5 hours is nice.
Azralon
QUOTE (Cain)
it's fast, it's fun,

... But is it furious?
Butterblume
QUOTE (Synner)

The fifth, maybe wink.gif. And no leftover Edge for most of them ...

10 dice and a force 5 Spell will result in a statistical 8 damage (if the targets loose on their resistence rolls), and thats not even counting particular good results.

I think Grinder was caught in a SR3 mindset.
Cain
Maybe I just don't know the system of Savage Worlds, but I'd be worried in most games if any serious combat lasted less than an hour.

I would say that for 32 characters 3.5 hours is nice.

I've noticed two general camps of gamers. The first is the group who doesn't like combat, and wants them over with quickly so they can get back to the roleplay. The second is the group that does enjoy combat, and they often complain about how the game gets bogged down. A fast, streamlined system should appeal to both camps, which is why SR4 was developed.

In practice, a super-fast system allows one of several things: you can simply get the combat out of the way faster, you can have more combats, or you can throw bigger and more over-the-top combats at your players. Which you choose is up to your group, naturally. However, in all cases, a faster, smoother system is always a benefit, and makes your games a lot more fun. The "seriousness" of a combat is up to the GM; but in every case, the faster it runs, the better it comes out.
FrankTrollman
The speed of resolution of a role playing system is only a small component of what makes a game holistically good or not. The fastest resolution system or course, is Cops and Robbers in which characters simply describe their actions and those actions take place. Unfortunately, that game system can become very contentious with the age old action resolution problem where one player insists that a shot hit while another insists that the shot missed.

Similarly, Warhammer 40K is pretty fast, resolving battles with hundreds of participants on each side in an hour and a half. Of course, each character feels pretty regimented and there's little in the way of room for descriptive or heroic actions. Characters have only general locations on the battlefield and the locations of individual trees are likewise lost in quantum uncertainty. It's not really a game system where you can meaningfully rescue a princess or set booby traps on a flight of stairs.

Savage Worlds likewise involves the rolling of just a single die. Sure, it's some crack assed ppolyhedron, but it's still a single small-die resolution system. Which means that like Warhammer it can accomodate the activities of perhaps hundreds of characters in a battle, and none of them can especially do anything specific or creative so the flow of battle moves along at a pretty fair clip. Yay.

---

But among more traditional RPGs - one in which characters are allowed to take specific and imaginative actions and have that actually mean something - Shadowrun 4 gets compared with D&D and NWoD, and comes out looking pretty good. The D20 comparison is a pretty difficult one, D&D is firmly rooted in melee combat and Shadowrun largely glosses that over in deference to projectiles and explosives. D20 is also based around the concept of the Level, in which even a character's Diplomatic abilities rise predictably until they achieve god-like status. Shadowrun runs the power gamut between incompetent humans and highly skilled humans - so no god-like existence ever comes into focus for PCs. Both games have a problem at the low end, but a house cat is much more threatening to an untrained civilian in D&D than it is in Shadowrun, so I guess that goes to SR. Combat resolution is slower in SR if everyone stands there with swords and takes turns stabbing each other, but much faster if mages come out of the woodwork and start casting strange magics.

Net result: If you want to have a bunch fo axe wielding guys run around hacking on dinosaurs in an apartment complex, play D&D. If you want to mix in intrigue or lots of magic, you should probably play Shadowrun 4 instead.

The NWoD comparison is much more obviously favorable for SR. The future/modern with magic marshmallows setting is so similar that the one can be effortlessly ported into the other. The combat system is also pretty similar with comparable levels of detail thrown in on either side. NWoD has more special case rules (the effects of individual numbers on your dice change depending on the shape of your weapon), and oddly enough slightly less flexibility (character creation is much more formalized with no discretionary expenditures at all, and the lack of a separate to-hit and damage roll make it so that different armanents don't really matter despite having special rules for each that you need to bring up each time). All told, SR4 is a little more flexible and resolves a little faster than NWoD, and is thus a better game.

-Frank
mfb
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
..but a house cat is much more threatening to an untrained civilian in D&D than it is in Shadowrun...

technically not true. a housecat in 3.5e deals 1d2-4 with its claws and 1d3-4 with its teeth; unless you've got a 12th-level druid casting a 3rd-level spell on the cat, it can't even kill mice.
Azralon
QUOTE (mfb)
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
..but a house cat is much more threatening to an untrained civilian in D&D than it is in Shadowrun...

technically not true. a housecat in 3.5e deals 1d2-4 with its claws and 1d3-4 with its teeth; unless you've got a 12th-level druid casting a 3rd-level spell on the cat, it can't even kill mice.

Minimum damage is 1, though, even if the die roll suggests a negative number. So the mouse would still be toast.
mfb
oops. forgot about that.
Cain
Savage Worlds likewise involves the rolling of just a single die. Sure, it's some crack assed ppolyhedron, but it's still a single small-die resolution system. Which means that like Warhammer it can accomodate the activities of perhaps hundreds of characters in a battle, and none of them can especially do anything specific or creative so the flow of battle moves along at a pretty fair clip.

I'll have to differ on that one. After playing both systems, I have to say that Savage Worlds doesn't lack for specific or creative actions. Shadowrun doesn't either, but neither system falls into the d20: "Uh, I try and hit him again" trap.

Not to mention that Savage Worlds isn't a single-die game. wink.gif
The NWoD comparison is much more obviously favorable for SR. The future/modern with magic marshmallows setting is so similar that the one can be effortlessly ported into the other. The combat system is also pretty similar with comparable levels of detail thrown in on either side. NWoD has more special case rules (the effects of individual numbers on your dice change depending on the shape of your weapon), and oddly enough slightly less flexibility (character creation is much more formalized with no discretionary expenditures at all, and the lack of a separate to-hit and damage roll make it so that different armanents don't really matter despite having special rules for each that you need to bring up each time). All told, SR4 is a little more flexible and resolves a little faster than NWoD, and is thus a better game.

I haven't delved into nWoD nearly as deeply as some others, but it's got a lot of other advantages: faster and easier chargen, with fewer abusive loopholes, for one. I'm not sure which resolves faster, but I've played the nWoD precursors, which ran about the same-- if not slightly in favor of the White Wolf games, because they had fewer variables to keep track of.

The main resolution system is what really drives me nuts about both systems, though. The entire concept of variable dice vs fixed TN, where modifiers add/remove dice, has a nasty little flaw at the bottom end. Namely, that after a certain point, your skill doesn't matter anymore-- it's all just dumb luck. And since it's just up to luck, you can pile on the modifiers as high as you like, and your odds remain exactly the same.

I like the nWoD dumb luck system somewhat more than the SR4 one, for two reasons. The first is that in SR4, under some circumstances, you aren't even allowed to try. I've always believed in giving my players a chance-- the odds might be high, but there's always that one chance that they can pull it off. Even if the TN was 24, there was a chance, and a higher skill would help somewhat. The second thing I dislike about SR4 is the Edge mechanic, where the lucky characters have a better chance of pulling off the amazing shots than the skilled ones. If you've got an Edge of 8, you can pile on the modifiers-- default, go full-auto or call a shot to bypass a Banshee's armor, blindfold yourself, stand on your head, and yodel; you still get 8 dice to try it with.

Neither system handles this issue an a way that I like, and I can't see any way of fixing it without a major overhaul to the core mechanic. However, I think the nWoD system is slightly more fair than SR4's, for the reasons I described. When you combine that with the fact that White Wolf simply outproduces FanPro, nWoD starts looking better and better, since it has a lot more support. Fanpro is a smaller operation; they cannot put out new supplements as fast as White Wolf can. As a result, nWoD ends up looking a lot more attractive than SR4.
Azralon
So what's the address of the forums for Savage Worlds? I'd like to go there and get into a bunch of arguments because I prefer SR4.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Cain)
Neither system handles this issue an a way that I like, and I can't see any way of fixing it without a major overhaul to the core mechanic. However, I think the nWoD system is slightly more fair than SR4's, for the reasons I described. When you combine that with the fact that White Wolf simply outproduces FanPro, nWoD starts looking better and better, since it has a lot more support. Fanpro is a smaller operation; they cannot put out new supplements as fast as White Wolf can. As a result, nWoD ends up looking a lot more attractive than SR4.

There's always the quantity over quality argument in that case. But I don't play nWoD so I can't comment.
Brahm
QUOTE (Azralon)
So what's the address of the forums for Savage Worlds? I'd like to go there and get into a bunch of arguments about how I much prefer SR4.

It'll help if you can work on being completely clueless. For example an ability to read without comprehending seems critical. Er, make that read, have someone point out your misunderstanding, read it again, repeat several times, and still come away with nothing. I guess you could call it Teflon Brain.
mfb
so, how about those non-insulting posts, that aren't designed for the sole purpose of instigating a flamewar, huh? boy, they're grrrrreat.
Brahm
QUOTE (mfb)
so, how about those non-insulting posts, that aren't designed for the sole purpose of instigating a flamewar, huh? boy, they're grrrrreat.

Ouch! You better call A-1 Glass to patch up that hole you just made in your front picture window. wink.gif
mfb
that would be accurate, except that i don't post for the sole purpose of pissing people off--though i'll freely admit that it's a nice bonus. you, on the other hand, rarely make even a token attempt at staying on-topic.
Brahm
QUOTE (mfb @ Mar 21 2006, 05:07 PM)
that would be accurate, except that i don't post for the sole purpose of pissing people off--though i'll freely admit that it's a nice bonus. you, on the other hand, rarely make even a token attempt at staying on-topic.

So you are playing SR4 now?

P.S. Do I really have to go back and post a link to you going off-topic about you not liking that I put a couple of replies to different posts back to back? Hypocrite.
mfb
no, but i've dabbled in Savage Worlds and D&D, both of which have entered the discussion. and again, that would be accurate, except i don't post for the sole purpose of pissing people off.
Adam
QUOTE (Brahm)
QUOTE (Azralon @ Mar 21 2006, 04:49 PM)
So what's the address of the forums for Savage Worlds?  I'd like to go there and get into a bunch of arguments about how I much prefer SR4.

It'll help if you can work on being completely clueless. For example an ability to read without comprehending seems critical. Er, make that read, have someone point out your misunderstanding, read it again, repeat several times, and still come away with nothing. I guess you could call it Teflon Brain.

Stop trolling for arguments.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Cain)
Not to mention that Savage Worlds isn't a single-die game.  wink.gif

Only in the same way SR4 isn't an attribute+skill game.

Savage Worlds features a variable target number (the fact that it is substracted from the roll is purely calculatory), too, so, even given simplicity, it's worse than GURPS concerning randomness.

Though, if going for nearly utmost simplicity, without wanting to worry about realism, Savage Worlds seems a fun game to play - but then, I prefer Dogs in the Vineyard. wink.gif
Azralon
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
Dogs in the Vineyard.

I'm not familiar with that term.
Brahm
QUOTE (Azralon)
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Mar 21 2006, 06:46 PM)
Dogs in the Vineyard.

I'm not familiar with that term.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (mfb @ Mar 21 2006, 11:13 PM)
no, but i've dabbled in Savage Worlds and D&D, both of which have entered the discussion. and again, that would be accurate, except i don't post for the sole purpose of pissing people off.

hmm, so you play d&d but not SR4?
color me confused...

btw, i hope to run a couple of games of SR4 soon...
mfb
D&D adequately fills my desire to play pulp action games. SR3 does an okay job of filling my desire to play detailed, realistic games. SR4 fills neither, for me.
hobgoblin
well that covers it then...
Grinder
QUOTE (Synner)

Every runner had one hit (yep, they rolled bad and I rolled good). But my main point was that it was hard for me to judge in advance how deadly a manaball will be - and i am an experienced SR-GM. And i guess it's unlikely for a mundane to resist a spell cast by a hafway competent magician.
Azathfeld
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
The speed of resolution of a role playing system is only a small component of what makes a game holistically good or not. The fastest resolution system or course, is Cops and Robbers in which characters simply describe their actions and those actions take place. Unfortunately, that game system can become very contentious with the age old action resolution problem where one player insists that a shot hit while another insists that the shot missed.

It's my experience that the C&R system bogs down precisely then, which iswhen any combat crawls to a halt. I've had single sessions, even one combat scene, of C&R last literally all day, or at least until the sun started to go down and one or more players had to go home for dinner.

The expansion, Cowboys and Indians, is not better. C&I allows for a new weapon, namely bows, which addresses the issue of difference between the classes (or lack thereof) that some critics had brought up. However, it does not do anything to make resolution more deterministic and less a matter of personal interpretation and house rules.
fistandantilus4.0
WE've been having pretty fast combats. Ran agame last night that had 5 runners in combat, and two more teams of 5, including mages, snipers, and moving vehicles. Took about 15 minutes.

Of course, that's mostly because people were dropping left and right. Tagged one unarmored runner with a sniper (extracting target from Paris Opera House) and dropped her in one shot. Both were using edge. Then abunch of gun men opened fire on the team. People were coming from different areas , a second team came in that tried to take out both. It was good times. I really like how full auto fire can seriously mess up someone's day (as it well should).

We've had the smae problem with manaball though. All the characters in my current camapgin are very experienced (400-700 karma). The ones that are mundane (aka no spell defense) against even comparitively low grade initiates (grade 4 for example) get pounded on manabased spells. When the team is on the ball and there's enemy magicians around, they have at least one of the groups 3 mages (pretty magic heavy game) working counterspelling for the mundanes.
Deadjester
Savage Worlds sounds like one of those games that some of us gamers call Beer and Chips games, take a few mins and roll up a char and drink lots of beer to enhance the hack and slash fest.

When your to drunk to roll dice anymore you throw the chars in the trash and call it a night.

I would say more but I am still reeling from blowing coke out my nose when I read Azralons post about going to the Savage Worlds forms to talk about a game he doenst play.

Curse you Azralon!
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
When the team is on the ball and there's enemy magicians around, they have at least one of the groups 3 mages (pretty magic heavy game) working counterspelling for the mundanes.

That's how it will work out, but which player enjoys to use up his mage for counterspelling only?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Cain)
I haven't delved into nWoD nearly as deeply as some others, but it's got a lot of other advantages: faster and easier chargen, with fewer abusive loopholes, for one.

Did someone just accuse nWoD of having less abusive loopholes than Shadowrun? Wow, you really haven't delved into it deeply.

Faster Chargen I will grant you, if only because a starting character has no options. You have 3 piles of attributes and you can assign them to the 3 slots in any order, and that's it. There's some ways for you to be "better" than other characters (for example: don't buy the 5th point that costs double, just take your one free bonus attribute point in something you bought up to 4), but not by much because chargen is extremely proscribed.

Bonus points are gone, Flaws no longer give you chargen bonuses, and everyone is required by law to have the same mental limitations. Essentially, nWoD is on the old Shadowrun Priority system except that it already preselects that everyone is going to have an A in Race, a B in Attributes, and a C in Skills. Everyone. There's no option available to set your priorities in any other way.

So that gives you faster chargen. At the cost of characters not actually being unique at all.

---

But fewer abusive loopholes I will not grant. Anyone who says that nWoD is less subject to abuse than SR4 is either ignorant or deceitful.

-Frank
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Mar 22 2006, 07:07 AM)
When the team is on the ball and there's enemy magicians around, they have at least one of the groups 3 mages (pretty magic heavy game) working counterspelling for the mundanes.

That's how it will work out, but which player enjoys to use up his mage for counterspelling only?

Apparently the one that does it every time. He seems to get a kick out of blocking spells and snubbing his nose at other mages.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012