Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torture and black humor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SL James
That doesn't even make any sense. I said haunt her soul, not follow her like an extradimensional puppy.
emo samurai
Ghosts haunt souls; and if you haunt her soul, you're essentially an extradimensional puppy, anyway. Sure, you bark more than others of your kind, but in the end, all you want is for her to pat you on the head and tell you what a tough little boy you are.

I might have accumulated a dark side point there. Oh, well. biggrin.gif

Edit: My original post only had the first sentence; everything after that was clarification.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (emo samurai)
I might have accumulated a dark side point there.

Depends, is being lame considered a quality of the dark side?

~J
emo samurai
No, but taking the side of the troll is considered being lame. So is resurrecting dead slang like "lame."
HMHVV Hunter
Ah, little golden moments like this remind me of the time when The Lounge went down the tubes...
emo samurai
FIRE IS AWESOME!!!

They should bring it back; it'll be the furnace that warms all of Dumpshock, or burns it to the ground.
Kremlin KOA
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (Calvin Hobbes @ Apr 20 2006, 04:05 PM)
James, just lay off, she admitted she was wrong to do what she did.

But then how am I supposed to haunt her soul?

You're not

let it go

She has apologied for her error, which makes her braver than most of dumpshock

I will not see her victimised for an apology
emo samurai
I guess he's like a gypsy's curse; it's not about justice, it's about REVENGE!!!
James McMurray
Hey Calvin, if you're gonna chastise a James for something, make sure he and I didn't post one right after the other. I was utterly confused about what it was I'd done. If he hadn't responded this would be an apology. smile.gif

And please, don't feed the emo.
emo samurai
Feed... me... BABIES!!!!

Really, what do you mean "don't feed the emo?"
James McMurray
I mean that every time a thread gets derailed by your need for attention it only feeds your knowledge that derailing threads gets you attention.

Speaking of torture: Have them post a question about which guns would be the most realistic for horrors in shadowrun to use on the DS forums. Then force them to read through every post, every linked topic, and every physics paper on the viability of buckyballs as a source for monowhips.
emo samurai
And show them every point/counterpoint on the viability of using orihalcum in bonding monowhip weapon foci. The sheer inanity and misquoting of such debates will make them swear off intelligence.
HMHVV Hunter
Let me get this thread back on topic:

An amusing torture idea - an annoying song, played right in your ears (via datajack preferably, but headphones work just as well) on endless loop.

Now what kind of songs could be used for that effect?
emo samurai
That was covered under BananaPhone; but the practicality of BanaPhone was not discussed.

You could implant some cultured bioware in the musical parts of their brain that will "leak" this song over and over again; x-rays would not detect it, and magical searches would most likely not detect it. It would be the perfect torture.
James McMurray
click on that bananaphone link up there.
Kremlin KOA
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)

An amusing torture idea - an annoying song, played right in your ears (via datajack preferably, but headphones work just as well) on endless loop.

"This is the song that never ends...."
Kanada Ten
Disembodiment: no sense of touch or taste, just the feeling of your soul disintegrating, and a slowly clouding vision and an echoing sense of hearing growing farther away. Then SNAP back to full sensation... and repeat.

Bloating: make them feel and see their body expanding, swelling, bile rising in their throat and triggering the mental ques for vomiting. Then the pain as the skin stretches to contain it all. Then reverse using the skin tightening to pull it all back down.

Peek pleasure to null and back until they break for the addiction of it.

Extreme dizziness, which would be a neat one to have anyway...

[e] Recored their painful memories, such as getting dumped, failing school, watching their mom die of cancer, and then play it back. Again. And again. Hell, just make them think they're stuck in high school forever.

Snuff chips... of their family. Hot off the press, if you'll pardon the pun(s).
emo samurai
Or is heard by anyone else, making you all alone in your suffering.
FanGirl
I just want to say that I'm okay with SL James calling me out about what I wrote. As I've already said, doubting Kremlin's word on such a serious subject was inexcusable, and I should accept all the negative reprecussions of my own words. (That's what I get for being LG.wink.gif) In fact, I encourage his righteous indignation: the worse I feel about this, the less likely I am to do something similar to it in the future. So have at me, James!

Now you see, Lone Starr, that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.--Dark Helmet
Kremlin KOA
Now ya turned her into an abused spouse

Happy james? nyahnyah.gif
Hmmm....annoying Tortures?

Set their com to receive vintage episodes of The View anytime someone remotely interesting accesses their profile?
Epoxy a chip into their Skilljack that makes them kick pointy objects whenever they're barefoot? (Imagine waking up every morning KNOWING that you WILL kick the nightstand, and also knowing that there's NOTHING to be done until the street doc gets back from vacation)
Have a hacker flag their com adress so that every viral marketing campaign the Corp's put out goes to them? (Not even targeted spam, you get it all)
Hamstring a physical adept?
Tie a decker up (very tightly!) and put a Fairlight slightly out of his reach?
Foreigner
Full body wax--including the bikini line--on a Sasquatch.

Or, for that matter, anybody with a lot of body hair.

If you want to get really nasty, load 'em up with a drug that increases the sensitivity to pain, but prevents them from passing out when the pain gets to be too much.

Or you could use a combination of chemicals that increases skin sensitivity, and simply *tickle* the poor so-and-so until he/she gives in.

Neither does any *permanent* damage, but will probably get you the information.

--Foreigner
Kanada Ten
Take the peek controls off the Three Stooges simsense.
hyzmarca
Use Control Actions to make the victim believe that he suffers from Alien Hand Syndrome.
emo samurai
FanGirl, you should be more assertive. Too many people are dicks. And it was a perfectly innocent mistake; don't feel so bad about it, since Kremlin's already forgiven you. And as for doing it again, there are more frauds on the Internet than real people; go ahead and do it again.
stevebugge
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)

Just about anything by Rod Stewart that you've heard played in the Grocery STore over the piped in Muzak
The ubbergeek
How about something similar but for other senses? How about something that make you feel an itch... 24h on 24, ever present, never ending... Very nerve-brekaing, i say.
stevebugge
Get a good supply of older style Soviet made toilet paper, you know the stuff that's about as soft as a grocery bag, and feed the prisoner a steady diet of natural diuretics.
JongWK
Make the subject watch and listen this:

Worst album covers. Ever.

Swedish dance bands from the '70s.

(Work-safe-but-sanity-blasting links) silly.gif
ShadowDragon8685
I can feel my Wil, Int and Log being melted from the worst album covers ever.
Glyph
Aww, that's so sad. frown.gif

Here, let Leonard Nimoy's magical musical talent heal your pain.
mintcar
wobble.gif alien.gif upsidedown.gif
mfb
what in the name of god is wrong with you? why would you do that to another human being? have you no soul?
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)

She has apologied for her error, which makes her braver than most of dumpshock

Woohoo, way to spray automatic fire all around the room.

Next time I make a mistake about the rules I'll remember it's an act of courage to admit that I misread pg. X of Cannon Companion.
SL James
QUOTE (emo samurai)
FanGirl, you should be more assertive. Too many people are dicks.

I'd like to thank the Academy...
FanGirl
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Apr 21 2006, 08:39 AM)
FanGirl, you should be more assertive. Too many people are dicks.

I'd like to thank the Academy...

Actually, I was being assertive. "Assertive" means "having or showing a confident and forceful personality," and I think that I showed that I'm both confident enough to accept criticism and forceful enough to repudiate the well-meaning individuals who rushed to my defense.

In trying to express my sentiments, I can't help but take the last refuge of the scoundrel and quote Winston Churchill:
QUOTE (Winnie)
Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

If this were a question of something that I felt he was genuinely wrong about, I'd dig in my heels and fight to the bitter end, but that's just not the case here. I'm not "giving in" to James because of his "force" or his "overwhelming might," I'm "giving in" to him because he's right. It would be incredibly petty of me to attack him in spite of that.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Winnie's quote pretty much sums up my views on debate, as well as on shadowrunning. I'm sigging it.
James McMurray
I much prefer "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." It doesn't really apply here though. smile.gif
SL James
"History will absolve me" - Fidel Castro
hyzmarca
"Peace through tyranny" - Megatron.

It doesn't matter how history remembers you, you won't be there to see it. What matters is the sound of your enemies' metallic skulls being crushed beneath your feet.

And to bring this back on topic that is one embarrassing way to execute someone. Have an elephant or other suitably heavy creature (like a full-scale replica of Megatron's robot mode) step on the condemned skull.
James McMurray
Or have it step on their left foot, then their right foot, then their left knee, etc.
nezumi
A little less than torture, but edit their personal records so they're flagged at a fly-risk, but not so much that they're barred from actual travel. Just enough to make sure that every time they fly on each side of the trip they recieve a full cavity search.
James McMurray
Then get them maneuvered into a job position that requires lots of trael.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

It doesn't matter how history remembers you, you won't be there to see it. What matters is the sound of your enemies' metalic skulls being crushed beneath your feet.

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. In the end, no one will remember whether we were good men or bad. What matters is that two stood against many. Valor pleases you Crom, so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you will not do it, to hell with you!"
DeadNeon
I have a theory that nothing is more darkly humorous than a clown getting eaten by a cannibal.
Kagetenshi
A clown getting eaten by a cannibal getting eaten by a mime.

~J
emo samurai
Which Conan story was that from? Was it from the movie?

Oh, and Conan wasn't into crushing metallic skulls; he was more into treading the jeweled thrones of the earth under his sandaled feet. Just so we're clear.
Ghostly Enigma
if you dont mind getting a little messy could always go for the painfull way of torture. Ripping out of the finger nails one at a time then the toe nails, move to clumps of hair, then the removal of the persons eyes, then slowly in very smal sections there skin then wash with salt water or viniger, then removle of digets, limbs, and finly non vidle orgens. Forceing another to watch this as you do it to there family members, freinds, and/or co-worker/s well have a rather devistaing effect on them. Toss the prson in to a room devoid of lights and sound well usaly break a person in short order. Implant a Trancducer+mem+a song looped indeffently would be effective or for a intresting altunitve replace the mem with a radio set to one frecuency and play "GOD" with em smokin.gif. Hang them by their feet for long periods of time would be intresting as well I'm shoure as the use of any or all of the stuff used in the Dark ages and other time periods where the torturing of ones foes wasn't looked down on as much.
eralston
Totally from 1st Conan movie

Torture loses its flavor without images. You need some gross pictures to go with any flayings or dismemeberments
Ghostly Enigma
not all the time think about it what is worse seeing what is beeing cut off or not being able to see it only feel it? smokin.gif
DrowVampyre
There's always my patented Pirhana Treatment ™.

Give someone drugs to increase their pain sensitivity and keep them stabilized in the case of shock beginning to set in. Put about a million tiny cuts on them with a razorblade - not enough to cause serious injury, just enough to hurt like hell. Then marinade them for, oh, a day or so in a mixture of Tabasco sauce, lemon juice, and salt, with perhaps a few more choice spices thrown in. Then lower them slowly about chest deep into a tank with just a few pirhana, so that it will take a long, long time for them to finish dinner... vegm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012