Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lab Rat's Diary: Deuxième Partie
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Ryu
No, not laws.

Internal market policies of large cooperations regarding what is considered detrimental to corporate strategy and market position, in this case the choice of acceptable venture partners and usage of the corps name.

Some may even be internal corp law if corp strategy is explicit (not that likely for a triple-A, as they need more general -as in breakable- guidelines to not affect the bottom line).

But back to your game emo smile.gif
emo samurai
While this specific game may be epic, you will find that it is, in the end, inconsequential. A few gangsters may be dead, but you will find that the insect shamans, or at least an insect shaman, did not intend for this scheme to affect anything permanently.
mdynna
I was under the impression that MCT and Aztechnology were the 2 big leaders in Magical goods. S-K was/is mainly about resource collection and heavy manufacturing.
Edward
SK has a descent reputation for magic, it comes from having a dragon in charge.

To be honest runners rarely if ever buy SK branded products, some stuff from 3rd ter subsidiaries or that was made using SK raw materials but very little with an SK label.

Edward
emo samurai
SK has a reputation for releasing a few really high-quality, awesomely selling products. Quality over quantity; I never viewed magical goods as being mass-market kinds of things. That's why I see the magic store in a mall being more of a small specialty store if it's made for serious, discerning magicians rather than people who go "That looks tribal. Let's buy it." S-K seems more suited for the "small, high-quality store" than Aztechnology or MCT. And by the way, runners are MUCH less likely to buy from Aztechnology than S-K.
James McMurray
Not my runners. They'd buy from Verjigorm if it was a good deal. smile.gif
emo samurai
No... fucking... HORRORS!!!

FanGirl, that is the only spoiler I'll ever willingly give you.
James McMurray
Bah, just because you say there aren't horrors doesn't meant here aren't. Those bastards are sneaky.
PBTHHHHT
And they could sneak in by other names, demons, spirits, the things that go bump in the night, etc...
emo samurai
Things that won't appear in my game in any form.
James McMurray
See, they've even managed to convince you that they aren't there. Such is the power of Horror.
emo samurai
I will kill you over the internet.
James McMurray
Doubtful, as my Horror masters protect me. If I'm dead I'm no longer a valid target for damage shift.

Besides, unlike most foolish americans who don't know any better, I had the mini-uzi on my keyboard disabled just to protect me from uber hackers like you. And yes, I had all the other stuff disabled too.
emo samurai
What about... the POWER CLAW IN YOU MONITOR!!! HUH? HUH HUHUHUHUHUH??

This is turning into your first thread, and for that, you have only me to blame.
Kremlin KOA
Besides he only said no FUCKING horrors.I am personally glad to hear that horrors will not be getting laid in Emo's game
emo samurai
Do they even have a concept of getting laid? I thought they were outside of human conception and everything.
Kremlin KOA
if it can be used to promote misery and pain, there is a horror who knows all about it and excels in using it to cause misery and pain

so if you can imagine a way to use sex to cause misery and pain, there is a horror who will laugh at you, and tell you howit can do it better
emo samurai
So they hang out at maximum-security prisons a lot?
Kremlin KOA
some horrors might

If they can think of a way to cause/feed off miery of the people there

(shouldn't be that hard)
emo samurai
Is there a horror that feeds off of existential anxiety? And what do you mean by feed off of? Do they do karma drain or something, or do they just kind of glide the wake?
Kremlin KOA
Misery pain and negative emotions are to them what Air, Food and water are to you

they NEED it to survive.

In a strange way that makes them less evil than the humans who do the same thing
emo samurai
Yeah; but it's hard to fathom why they'd need to feed off of it if they were so outside of metaphysical reality.
Kremlin KOA
They come from a point so far along the metaplanar axis that they are inimicable to earth life

you should really read the horrors book and a few of the Earthdawn books, there is some stuff in there that would really suit ya GM style
Glyph
Bah, why bother with a bunch of Lovecraft rip-offs? Go straight to the source! Use Cthulhu, like this guy did.
emo samurai
Hmmm... awakened polyps... I like the way he thinks.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Do they even have a concept of getting laid? I thought they were outside of human conception and everything.

Aina and Ysrthgranthe sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Ysrthgranthe with a baby carriage.

There is a guy named Thais in Shadowrun canon. He's an ugly SOB but he has Aura Masking and shapechinging powers to cover that up. He's the person who taught the Great Ghost Dance to Daniel Howling Coyotte. His mother is the Immorta Elf Aina. His father is the Named Horror Ysrthgranthe.

Horrors don't just get laid, they get laid without bothering to use protection.
Kremlin KOA
QUOTE (Glyph @ Apr 27 2006, 12:51 PM)
Bah, why bother with a bunch of Lovecraft rip-offs?  Go straight to the source!  Use Cthulhu, like this guy did.

uh

horrors arenot all that lovecrafty

you don't go mad by looking at them
you can kill them with weapons

besides Lovecraft was not all that original, he was a friend of Crowley and took the demons of the golden dawn as the bad guys for his books

Oh and after reading tha fully,I have a whole new respect for the fairness, and sanity, that is RIFTS
emo samurai
Very few things in my campaign will be unambiguously evil; those who do evil things will have a modicum of humanity, and those without it will do helpful things. The horrors do neither.
Shrike30
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
Oh and after reading tha fully,I have a whole new respect for the fairness, and sanity, that is RIFTS

The "fairness and sanity" of RIFTS stems from the fact that he who has the highest numbered (read: most recently printed) expansion book for Rifts will have the biggest guns and the scariest equipment, so everyone who keeps up with the tech curve will be equally able to slaughter everything around them.

A data-point graph based on an average damage roll with whatever the most recent book includes as a "rifle" type weapon indicate that individual infantrymen will be capable of destroying the Sun with a short burst when the 39th RIFTS expansion comes out.
stevebugge
Uh does that rifle do MEGADAMAGE, or will it be something entirely new, like GIGADAMAGE, or even TERRADAMAGE?
emo samurai
This kind of thing is supposed to be on the first thread, remember?
Shrike30
QUOTE (stevebugge)
Uh does that rifle do MEGADAMAGE, or will it be something entirely new, like GIGADAMAGE, or even TERRADAMAGE?

It does PETADAMAGE. GIGADAMAGE is right around the corner, with TERADAMAGE being an estimated 7 books away.
emo samurai
How do they justify this? Can a normal person from a later book kill a great dragon from the first one?
James McMurray
It's RIFTS, they don't have to justify it. Each book is a different world / dimension.
emo samurai
Each one more overpowered than the last?
James McMurray
Apparently. I haven't played it except for one session where we used pregens, but the rest of my group has and that's the way they explain it.
ronin3338
I thnk RIFTS is the most unbalanced RAW of any game I've tried. It has some great concepts though. I really like the idea that a pistol won't disable a tank, no matter how much you shoot it.
hyzmarca
RIFTS is unbalanced because of its extreme diversity. It really requres a GM who can keep things on track to maintain a balance. There come s a tim ewhen you just have to say "No you can't be a full-sized Zentraedi with a suit of power armor in our medieval historical fiction adventure."
emo samurai
What if you had all the stuff from all the books at once? Then you'd have Elminster vs. Godzilla; now THAT is fair.
Shrike30
A bunch of guys at Hampshire decided to figure out who'd win... Elminster or Cthulhu, after they put out stats for the ol' boy in D20 CoC.

If memory serves, it came down to who got initiative. Cthulhu one-shots Elminster, or Elminster stops time and drops a bajillion delayed fireballs on Cthuhlu.
emo samurai
What's Cthulhu's spell resistance?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
horrors arenot all that lovecrafty

you don't go mad by looking at them

Not true. There are canon examples in both ED AND SR (although to be honest, I forget where it is, but it was about a team in a cave, a mage viewed astrally and...) where mages tore out their own eyes after seeing a horror. Thank god SR4 put in those handy dandy gut checks. I'd say that's what happens when you crit glitch one when seeing a horror.

I think one t=guy threw his in the fireplace too (although how he actually hit it who knows) but that just might have been in one of my games.
FanGirl
Saturday, April 29th (morning)

Tonight I heard an acquaintance ask Emo why he hated puppies. His answer was as follows:

"No, I like puppies, which is why I feel bad about hurting them in my mind."

indifferent.gif
Naturally, I wrote this bit of strangeness on the Sci-Fi club's quote board, to ensure that my fellow fanpeople get a better insight into Emo's mind.

Emo also informed me that he believes that my backstory will be the most epic of all the characters in the campaign. Sweet. biggrin.gif

No session this week, as my mommy and daddy are visiting me for our midterm long weekend and G is out of town. You'll have to wait 'till next week, boys and girls.
PBTHHHHT
Y'all have midterms now? Dang, when are finals? I know a lot of folks who have finals right now, of course y'all might be on the quarters system so that would explain it... question.gif
FanGirl
Our school used to have a quarters system, but they got rid of the summer quarter because nobody would sign up for it. Our school year consists of three ten-week "quarters," with winter break lasting six weeks from just before Thanksgiving to just after New Year's (yay!), spring break lasting a week and a half in mid- to late-March, and summer break lasting about three months from early June to early September. We get a long weekend halfway through each term for midterm break, and finals take place all through the last week of term.
emo samurai
Let me clarify the puppies statement. The reason I said that was because I'm always listing killing puppies as the worst thing a person could do; "I won't have you firebomb a puppy farm," "Or maybe it landed on a puppy." Someone asked me what I have against puppies, and then I said that.
fistandantilus4.0
you have a strange idea of "the worst thing a person could do".

Look at country music for example.
emo samurai
What about country music about running over puppies?
James McMurray
Adding puppy deaths is one of the few things you can do to redeem a country song.
emo samurai
NOOOOO NOT THE PUPPIES!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012