Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extradition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
adamu
Kiedo, my answer to the trivia question is that John Brown is the name of the Sheriff in the Bob Marley classic "I Shot the Sheriff."
Sorry about the annoying PM earlier.
adamu
Kiedo - the text I ask the waitress to pass on to McLoy reads "Long as you're playing songs from a hundred years back, how about some Skynyrd?"

And, uh, don't laugh, but how do I post a spoiler?
Cogar
[ SPOILER ] test here [ /SPOILER ]

There is no space between spolier and the [] or the end... biggrin.gif
adamu
Dude, major thanks from a computer-incompetent. I will try that out.

I actually don't know if you care - but it seems inconvenient that both our characters are in the bar and we are both online at the moment, but have no in-character way to know about each other.
I noticed, though, that Divine Virus is on Dumpshock right now. His character seems to know the whole roster - maybe he will notice us and we can all get something going....
Rokur
hmm.... my guess is charlie brown? or jackie brown's brother? or... hmm.... damn.... i have no clue who john brown is.

and nyahnyah.gif to you guys.... Vinny's not doing any pre-meet chit-chat or nothing today! nyahnyah.gif
Cogar
i thourght we were all a team already??? or did i miss the boat on that one ??
adamu
Um, last I checked, most people had decided to start off as a team, except that A) Kiedo had agreed with me that Al would NOT be a preexisting member of the team and B) once people sort of sounded off in favor of starting as a team, I don't think anyone bothered hammering out any details on that.
But I could be missing something. Once I knew Al was not a preexisting member, I sort of tried to stop paying attention to all that.
I any case, it seems that Divine Wind/Sebastian just signed off of Dumpshock, and I left the ball in his court in our little tete a tete...
Hmmm - this forum stuff is very tricky for me still.....
Rokur
oh... i thought we met up with too much resistance to be a team.... and if we are a team, you all would know, that Vinny's not very social, but he's a true proffesional, so he'll be there... even a little early... but not there yet.

I just thought because of the way the message was centered.. that we didn't even "know" that our team was all gonna show up....
Rokur
you could always just walk up and start a conversation, or try to depending upon your social skills....
Cogar
Social skills?

lol

i got none!! biggrin.gif hehehehe

wink.gif

im as chrasmatic as a mushroom biggrin.gif
hehehe
Rokur
hahahaha... sad sad man.... so when you get pulled over for speeding, what do you say?

"Please sir, may I have some more?" hahahaha
Cogar
when i get pulled for speeding, i recount how this is an outrage and that if this were roman times i would have the said officers balls hung from my roof for his impertinance

"intimidation" just check the ONLY skill i got biggrin.gif
Cogar
then id hit him with my stun baton and drive awa spin.gif
Rokur
QUOTE (Cogar)
then id hit him with my stun baton and drive awa spin.gif

mwahahahahaha rotfl.gif this is why it's fun to have some non-team members so we get the interaction of what would happen!

but for the team... if we are semi-teammates already (or have just worked with each other in the past) then who is in the team?
Gore, Patch, and Avenger? because it seems that the A.I. (sebastian) is having fun starting work with a new team, while Aku and Al (that's going to be confusing.... that's AL) wanted this to be their first introduction to have fun secrets to hide eek.gif .

If we get this straightened out, maybe Avenger will put in a call to his "colleagues." But it looks fine to me to have it that way.
Divine Virus
Scan roll (scan 6 + electronic warefare 3)
2 2 5 6 1
6 4 2 6
4 hits

15 seconds= 5 combat rounds.
Round 1)
IP 1: Hacking on the fly to enter node (security level) (exploit 6+hacking 3
4 1 2 5 2
4 6 1 2
2 hits

IP2: Hacking on the fly to enter node (security level) (exploit 6+hacking 3
6 6 1 2 1
4 3 4 6
3 hits

IP3: Hacking on the fly to enter node (security level) (exploit 6+hacking 3
1 5 3 3 6
3 3 5 6
4 hits

IP4: Hacking on the fly to enter node (security level) (exploit 6+hacking 3
1 4 6 6 1
1 4 5 4
3 hits

Total Hits: 12

Will post rest of the rounds after I get the results of this one. cheers.
Kiedo
Before I post the results of that, which will be IC, I just have a few questions, well maybe just one.

Why are you hacking into the computer system for the club? Are you trying to track who checks in what and try to see what those names on your list bring to the table?

I want you to consider this, the club is owned by a former Renraku Red Gaurd (or is it Red Samurai, I can never remember, which your character could theoretically know just by asking around), the club boasts an online presence, which all manor of hacker would visit, including apparently Captian Chaos (who claims friendship with the owner), so why would you think the club's computer system would be a smart thing to hack into?

But if your still interested in hacking it it will take me a few minutes to Update the system from SR3 to SR4, since nobody has tried to hack the club in a while.

By the way Adam got the correct answer to the trivia question, well one of them anyway. Bob Marley - "I Shot the Sherrif" or Eric Clapton's cover of "I Shot the Sherrif". Since that was fairly easy (and I post trivia quite often), I'm giving you 1 karma, the next trivia question will be worth the same.
Kiedo
Even though you didn't say you were running stealth, I'm going to assuming so.

"Coat Room" Security Node

Analyze+Firewall (stealth) Extended test
CT 1 IP 1: (Analyze-6 + Firewall-6) vs Stealth 6
3 HITS
CT 1 IP 2: (Analyze-6 + Firewall-6) vs Stealth 6
4 HITS

Suppression 3 (3/2=1.5 rounded up-2)

Personal privlages on CT 1 IP 2.
Security privlages on CT 1 IP 3, unless you stopped on personal.
Admin privlages on CT 2 IP 1, unless you stopped on security.

Your attept is detected on IP 2, in two combat turns the alarm will sound. And because your a technomancer and always running hot sim, I'd strongly recommend getting out of there before that happens.

Let me know what privlages your looking for, and what actions you will take with the remaining passes before the Alarm is triggered (which for personal is 5, security 4, and admin 3).
Divine Virus
Yes, that way why I was planning, see who checked what. And I did not know these things. I just picked up the game in this eddition, so I had no idea of these things (including who Captain Chaos is). I shan't push my luck at all then, and I will edit out that last post. Thanks for the update. I sort of assumed is was a lower-middle class joint, not a place of fame or renown.

EDIT: While we are on the honor system, this post was made before I saw the posted results.
Double EDIT: I included the dividing by two when I gave you the Supression rating of 3. If you say it is to late to change my mind, then I will spoof the hell out of my datatrail for all the time I can then run with my tail between my legs.
Kiedo
Well the Lonely Heart's Club exsists only in my games, so I'd be concerned if you knew all about it. It wasn't, when I first started using it it wasn't a very nice place, and had just opened, but as the players began to like it and suggest it for other meeting they set up, with NPCs I slowly improved it, and even hired runners to aquire things for the club, it was a lengthy campaign if memory serves, but since it's been open for six years in the Seattle area, it's gotten a great reputation, from various credible and underground news sources. Now it's involved in almost every run I do, in one way or another. And anything you do in the club does affect the building until it's able to be fixed. It's funny to think that he club was originally designed to keep players who had a tendency to kill people who bumped into them, even roleplaying NPCs that I didn't put in the bar, just to kill, not to mention they had developed a nasty habit of killing the johnson and taking the up front money he was offering.

Captain Chaos is the admin for Shadowland, according to the books, and is one of the best know decker/hackers in the world, from my understanding, somebody with more SR3 knowledge than myself please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Actually I have the entire system map updated and infront of me, The Club doesn't use a meshed network, instead prefers to go old school and have on central, public node, with hard wired connections to every other section of the system, you don't have to have a physical plug to access any of the other ones, but you do have to be in the public node to.
Divine Virus
Alright, its edited. I didn't even scan to see what node it the tag is attached to. What he does do is use the Scan to see if there are any of the other commcodes already in the bar.
Thats Scan CF(6)+Electronic Warefare(3)
5 1 4 2 1
4 5 5 6
thats 4 hits
adamu
Kiedo - wow -first Karma point - gonna hang it on my wall. Does that sound facetious? It's not - I am a karma whore.

And since you ask for correction, everything you said about Captain Chaos is true, except that he 'died' (or something like dying) defending Shadowland back in the Crash of '64 - see System Failure. But ya know what? It's your world, dude,I say what you want to do takes precedence over any pesky sourcebook.
Kiedo
I hadn't even looked in 4th edition to check on him, I'm sad to hear and now read, that he passed, he was one of my favorite perspectives in the more flavor filled books frown.gif. Maybe they'll keep him alive somehow in further source material, as one of those trapped people who springs in every once in a while to say something, or dare I say resume his duties on shadowland. Either way he's going to be flavor in my games even in he's dead to fanpro.

DV, you see Al and Gore. I don't think anybody else has arrived at the "party" yet so maybe you can have him scan every once in a while just to keep up things. And you were into the Coat Closet server and had 5 inititive passes (if you wanted just personal access) to get in do your buisness and get out...
adamu
Al and Gore. That could prove an even more annoying name coincidence than Al and AI. Yikes.
Divine Virus
I was in the coat server? I was hoping to abort that. Ah well. I shan't actually enter (thinking better of it), but I spoof the hell out of my datatrail and exploit point.
[ Spoiler ]

12 hits total
and using the last IP to get the hell of of dodge, as it were.
Cheers
Kiedo
that's fine, your safe, well the Coat Closet is the name of the node containing the weapons check ins information.
Cogar
[ Spoiler ]

Kiedo
So close, but Sebastian or Al might pick up on it, so you might still get to be at least re told the conversation.
Cogar
[ Spoiler ]
Divine Virus
If it matters....
to see the turtle
[ Spoiler ]
Kiedo
Cogar

Ok, you can inject this into your post as you see fit, I'm not going to clutter up the IC with information in spoilers unless I'm already there doing something.

The turtle, while based upon a real magic artifact, is in fact a phoney, the real turtle, is made of whale bone, this looks to be made of ivory. Also the real turtle is rumored to be in a vault deep within the bowels of the DIMR (Dunkelzahn Institute for Magical Research), and would take a small army to retrieve and if who every controlled it decided to part ways with it, they would ask a king's ransom, something that not even the owner of one of Seattle's most popular nightspots could afford.

DV

You see the turtle, but not well, it still has partial cover from being on the other side of a very large ork.
Cogar
Last post after this one for me biggrin.gif

then bed biggrin.gif
Cogar
night all !
Kiedo
You know I'm a little bit worried, GingerKid posted that brief thing in the OOC and we haven't heard from him IC yet, I know why Aku has been latent, so I'm not really worried about him, but I am wondering if Ginger is still game.
Divine Virus
It's possible that some of the other characters have heard of Sebastian, he has a rather high streetcred (and some noteriaty). I forgot to include it on the sheet I believe, but my street cred is 10 (100 karma/10), and noteriaty 3 (2 for qualities, 1 because it is common believed he burnt himself out on BTL a while ago). Sorry about forgetting to include that, Kiedo. No harm done I trust?
Rokur
QUOTE (Kiedo)
You know I'm a little bit worried, GingerKid posted that brief thing in the OOC and we haven't heard from him IC yet, I know why Aku has been latent, so I'm not really worried about him, but I am wondering if Ginger is still game.

maybe give him fair warning of a couple days... then give the boot?
GingerKid
QUOTE (Kiedo)

Ya got to have a little faith. smile.gif

I posted my OOC blurb on the 8th. I was in the hospital all day on the 9th. I come back the 10th to 2+ pages of OOC posts and 2 pages of IC posts. I was like eek.gif . I've been getting myself up to date and posting IC.

Patch will be arriving at the club at 0:30 hours. I'm going under the assumption that Patch has been there before avoid rehashing descriptions of the club.
Divine Virus
Are you alirhgt? I mean, I trust it was nothing to serious that you were in the hospital for...
adamu
I definitely second Divine Virus's sentiment - I really hope you're alright, dude.

On another note, and I can't speak for DV or Cogar, but I'd just like to say - and maybe this is just assumed, but I'm new to this forum stuff, so I'll just say it -
that:
A) I am having a great time role-playing with what appear to be a bunch of role-playing veterans;

B) And I absolutely plan to keep interacting in character every chance I have to post;

BUT

C) I sincerely hope no one is WAITING on that - wherever the story goes, roleplaying will always be able to take place, so if our esteemed GM, or the 12:30ish arrivals of Patch or Avenger fast-forward over my idle chit chat, I will by no means feel any toes have been stepped on.

Having a great time. adamu
Divine Virus
1) the list of people is in the spoiler tags.

2) I got in full submersion, use an extended Scan Complex form to search for the nodes of these commlinks. I will do 1 combat turn per person, so thats 4 IP with (Scan6 +Electronic Warefare 3 +full submersion TM 2*)
Avenger:
6 3 5 6 3 1 3 5 4 2 6 1
5 6 6 4 4 1 1 2 3 4 1 5
5 3 6 4 1 3 5 6 4 1 4 3
5 5 2 6 1 4 1 1 5 5 3 5

Total Hits: 19

Patch:
4 2 3 4 4 6 5 2 2 1 4 4
2 5 1 6 2 1 2 3 5 3 4 5
6 4 5 5 3 1 4 1 3 6 1 6
5 5 1 4 5 3 3 5 1 4 5 2

Total Hits: 16

Aku:
4 6 2 1 6 6 6 2 2 3 3 4
6 6 3 1 1 5 2 2 3 4 6 1
4 5 6 6 4 6 6 2 1 5 3 1
5 1 6 5 1 1 5 1 6 3 2 2
Total Hits: 19

Total time Elapsed: 12 Seconds

SO, who's PANs/Nodes have I found please?

*I have been forgetting to include this in the past.
Rokur
aren't scans limited by signal range? or not while on hot sim? not sure here...
Kiedo
Like Rokur said scans are limited by the signal range of each device, so unless they are within 4km, and they have a signal of 5, you won't find anything. But what I am going to do, is give you the option to do an analyze+computer Search extended test for each team member.

The Threshhold is based on how they have thier commlink set up, and will give you thier last known location, at the end of the test.

Patch (analyze+computer 12, 1 minute)

Aku, since I don't have a sheet for him yet I don't know if he even has a commlink, let alone what mode it's in

Avenger (analyze+computer 20, 1 minute) he's running in hidden with active stealth.

The interval is based on the data search table on p.220, which your searching the entire matrix, since your trying to locate them.

The results of the test will be thier last known location at the start of the search.
Divine Virus
Alright then. I will take a different Approuch.

How about if I send each one of them a simple text message, and then I thread a Tack(or would it be sniffer?) Complex Form to follow my own ressonance pattern and also datatrail, left by the message sent, to the node reciving for that commcode?

I do beleive that would work.

To save time, I have rolled out an attempt at this method, take it or leave it. The first spoiler contains the rolls if track is used.

[ Spoiler ]
Aku
sorry guys, it was a stressful end to my work week, and i was out tonight, but i WILL i PROMISE get myself caught up tomarow.

for what it's worth, i WILL have atleast 1 commlink, which will be running in area approriate modes, with a defualt of hidden if the type of area i'm in doesnt severely suggest otherwise.
Rokur
so i guess we're all going as non-teammates then?

where none of us know each other? (We can still have Gore, Patch, and Avenger be teammates as it will not screw up the IC already there and it would just mean that we know each other a bit to trust each other enough to work together)
GingerKid
QUOTE (Devine Virus)
Are you alright? I mean, I trust it was nothing to serious that you were in the hospital for...

A family member had surgery, but he's ok.

QUOTE (Rokur)
We can still have Gore, Patch, and Avenger be teammates as it will not screw up the IC already there and it would just mean that we know each other a bit to trust each other enough to work together

I like this idea. If no one else has an objection, when Patch shows up I'd like him to know Gore and Avenger. Not very well though. Let's say they've been on one other job together before. Does this sound good Rokur and Cogar?
Kiedo
DV, sorry about not taking your first dice roll for locating, the other team members, since I don't know everyone's location, in relation to the club, I didn't want to just assume they were with in the four kilometer (what, about two miles?) range.

As far as the results are concerned, go ahead, if you haven't already, and post your sending of the messages IC. You have suceeded, in all your efforts, but I'm too sleepy, I've been up since ten am yesterday (and it's currently ~9am now, yesterday was stressful to say the least), and have had to retype this message about three times to get it right. I'm going to wait until each player, at least reads the message to tell you thier location, IRL that would be how a program like that would actually work (that and I have absolutely no idea, where Aku is, or as stated before the location of everyone's place in relationship to the club).

For those of you posting IC about recieving Sebastian's message, give me an area of town, or a landmark (the latter may require a map of Seattle circa 2070), that is close to your current location. And for anyone who wanted to know where the club is, it resides on the south end of Downtown Seattle, in one of the few locales that isn't a high security zone.

As far as you guys being a partial team, that is completely up to you, hell you could even do some bizzare gore, patch and avenger know each other but patch knows sebastian and avenger knows Al, but really that's entirely up to anyone involved. But ultimately I have no say in it, because doing so would violate one of my own rules, that I layed out during the on set of this run (number 10 to be exact, I think....).

Oh and ginger, glad to hear everything went fine at the hospital, I was kind of worried for a minute.
Rokur
And about browsing/searching/long things.... that's what you have sprites for.... but a techno has to task them and make them.... where mundanes have to buy them again if they die...
Divine Virus
uumm.... mundanes can't use sprites at all. You need resonace to use sprites. and in this case my character has no ranks in compiling (it would not agree with character concept to start with ranks in compiling)
Rokur
mundanes use agents.... but anyways

WHAT was the MESSAGE??? or did i miss something?
Divine Virus
Check the spoiler

"I got the same offer that you did about a job, will be seeing you at the meet,"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012