Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extradition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Kiedo
I know the standard protcol for forum based runs is generally putting up the OOC and IC around the same time, but I have some things to iron out before hand, and it gives those of you who have yet to turn in sheets, a chance to tinker a little longer (and those of you who have to make revisions).

Let me first begin by congratulating those of you who have made it in and welcome you to possibly a slightly different style of play than your used to.

I would like for everyone, to post a brief background (try to limit it to a paragraph, though for some characters this will seem like an injustice), I'd like this for book keeping purposes and for refrence by anyone who cares to look. Don't include things you wish to keep a mystery or that you feel other characters wouldn't know about your character, after a few late night drinking sessions.

As a GM who deals with new players alot (new to the system and the group), I have found the easiest way to make everything go smoothly is for everyone to introduce themselves, so post a short blurb about yourself, including your name(or if you don't feel comfortable sharing that then a nickname) and your level of roleplaying expirence. As an example of what I'm looking for I'll give you mine (I usually go clockwise around the table starting with myself, but since we have no table...).

My name is Jacob, I have been playing shadowrun since around the time third edition came out GMing most of that time. I have hosted games at the local gaming shop, and have maybe 25 campaigns and 30-40 one shot runs under my belt(including five DS runs, two of which I was a player). I have tried other roleplaying games, like big eye small mouth and D&D, but my true loyalty lies with the first one I ever picked up, Shadowrun.

I have a few questions and a few stylistic requests regaurding the run.

1. Do you want to be a pre-established group or do you want to be smaller groups (like 2's and 3's) that will be joined together for this run.

2. If you'd like to be a group, do you want to have a group leader, and have a group name (this is of course optional, and would only come into play during negotiations and things like that)

3. At what pace are you able to post? We will move at the pace of the slowest player so nobody falls behind (unless that happens to be once every two weeks and then we'll have to work something out). I myself can post a few times a day, since I'm self employed and set my own schedule.

4. I know for sure that for two of our players, this will be thier first forum based run, so I would like to ask the more expireneced forum runners in the group to help out in anyway needed, such as with forum tags and things of that nature.

5. Concerning style, I divide the forum based runs into chapters, including a prologue and epilogue, I award karma at the conclusion of each chapter, and also refresh edge then. I give bonuses for excellent roleplaying, and occasionally offer trivia questions and things like that for bonus Karma, more on that in a minute.

6. When you make a post in the IC thread please include a date/time/location stamp in yellow ([ color=yellow ] in front of the text and [ /color ] behind it, with out spaces of course). Important places and names should be bold ([ b ] name [ /b], again without spaces), thoughts and subvocal communications should be in italics ([ i ] thought [ /i ], no spaces).

7. If your character has a commlink, which is most if not all of you, tell me what mode your in and how your devices are set up, I will assume this to be the case for the rest of the run, unless otherwise noted.

8. In the run if there is something character specific, like the results of a perception test I will put the results in spoiler tags ([ spoiler ] results [ /spoiler ]), this doesn't mean you shouldn't read it if your not that character, it's just to say space.

9. Post all dice rolls in the OOC, in spoilers, and any other out of character things here. I will try my best to answer any questions promptly and resolve conflicts in a way everyone can be happy with. In the IC thread turn off your signature, if you have one.

10. And this is the most important rule, Above all else stay true to your character and have fun.

Those of you that are new to the forum based style, feel free to test any of the tags I've given you in this thread, or by PMing me with them (they work in PMs too).

And beyond that welcome to my world.
Rokur
Vinny - An italian mob child that grew up on his own away from the family. An affinity for electronics, and a rage against the world for killing his parents. Vinny seeks to take back what is rightfully his in the world through stealth, cunning, or brute force. He's developed into a competent professional runner, who is known to complete the job using whatever means necessary.
Divine Virus
QUOTE (Kiedo)
I know the standard protcol for forum based runs is generally putting up the OOC and IC around the same time, but I have some things to iron out before hand, and it gives those of you who have yet to turn in sheets, a chance to tinker a little longer (and those of you who have to make revisions).

Let me first begin by congratulating those of you who have made it in and welcome you to possibly a slightly different style of play than your used to.

I would like for everyone, to post a brief background (try to limit it to a paragraph, though for some characters this will seem like an injustice), I'd like this for book keeping purposes and for refrence by anyone who cares to look. Don't include things you wish to keep a mystery or that you feel other characters wouldn't know about your character, after a few late night drinking sessions.

As a GM who deals with new players alot (new to the system and the group), I have found the easiest way to make everything go smoothly is for everyone to introduce themselves, so post a short blurb about yourself, including your name(or if you don't feel comfortable sharing that then a nickname) and your level of roleplaying expirence. As an example of what I'm looking for I'll give you mine (I usually go clockwise around the table starting with myself, but since we have no table...).

My name is Jacob, I have been playing shadowrun since around the time third edition came out GMing most of that time. I have hosted games at the local gaming shop, and have maybe 25 campaigns and 30-40 one shot runs under my belt(including five DS runs, two of which I was a player). I have tried other roleplaying games, like big eye small mouth and D&D, but my true loyalty lies with the first one I ever picked up, Shadowrun.

I have a few questions and a few stylistic requests regaurding the run.

1. Do you want to be a pre-established group or do you want to be smaller groups (like 2's and 3's) that will be joined together for this run.

2. If you'd like to be a group, do you want to have a group leader, and have a group name (this is of course optional, and would only come into play during negotiations and things like that)

3. At what pace are you able to post? We will move at the pace of the slowest player so nobody falls behind (unless that happens to be once every two weeks and then we'll have to work something out). I myself can post a few times a day, since I'm self employed and set my own schedule.

4. I know for sure that for two of our players, this will be thier first forum based run, so I would like to ask the more expireneced forum runners in the group to help out in anyway needed, such as with forum tags and things of that nature.

5. Concerning style, I divide the forum based runs into chapters, including a prologue and epilogue, I award karma at the conclusion of each chapter, and also refresh edge then. I give bonuses for excellent roleplaying, and occasionally offer trivia questions and things like that for bonus Karma, more on that in a minute.

6. When you make a post in the IC thread please include a date/time/location stamp in yellow ([ color=yellow ] in front of the text and [ /color ] behind it, with out spaces of course). Important places and names should be bold ([ b ] name [ /b], again without spaces), thoughts and subvocal communications should be in italics ([ i ] thought [ /i ], no spaces).

7. If your character has a commlink, which is most if not all of you, tell me what mode your in and how your devices are set up, I will assume this to be the case for the rest of the run, unless otherwise noted.

8. In the run if there is something character specific, like the results of a perception test I will put the results in spoiler tags ([ spoiler ] results [ /spoiler ]), this doesn't mean you should read it if your not that character, it's just to say space.

9. Post all dice rolls in the OOC, in spoilers, and any other out of character things here. I will try my best to answer any questions promptly and resolve conflicts in a way everyone can be happy with. In the IC thread turn off your signature, if you have one.

10. And this is the most important rule, Above all else stay true to your character and have fun.

Those of you that are new to the forum based style, feel free to test any of the tags I've given you in this thread, or by PMing me with them (they work in PMs too).

And beyond that welcome to my world.

Hello, my real name is Zander, and I started playing RPGs 8 years ago, and I am just restarting after a one year hiatus. I am new to shadowrun, though I have been enjoying shadowrun novels for a half dozen years.

1. I like the idea of only knowing 2 or three other people, and just sort of winding up working together, as these things happen.

2. I think that once we cement ourselves as a group we should and a group leader (though it certainly should not be me), group name and the like.

3. I should be able to post a few times a day, with the exception of the next 2 weeks. said two weeks are going to be absolute chaos. I will definatly be able to post daily, but maybe not multiple times each day during that period.

4. I've played a few forum games before (and am running one on a different forum) so I will lend a hand if needed.

5. sounds good

6. will do.

8. I understand.

9. I take it we are making own own rolls then?

10. Just try and stop me from following this one!

Sebastian Carraway- Sebastain Carraway is actually dead. His mind was wiped and overwrote his personality via a psychotropic black IC, and now his body, hale and healthy, is inhabited by a slightly confused AI. But said AI learned, and recovered from the extreme shock of finding itself in a forgn body, infested with wires and vatgrown tissues. Lucky the father of Sebastain's Carraway was loaded and, out of paternal responsability, took care of what he thought was his BTL-burned out son. Of course, as soon as Sebastian turned 18 and could vaugly function again, Sebastain's father cut him off and said obligation fullfilled. Weither he then found the shadows or the shadows found him is highly debatable, but he has been living in them ever since.
Rokur
You can call me Jeff... I have been playing shadowrun since around the time third edition came out. I currently GM a RL SR game. I have played through multiple editions of D&D and have tried other games, but the SR worls is still the best.

1. I like the dynamics of being a group... but it may be difficult, but I'm for whatever...

2. I like easy "the" names for team names... the dementors, the varsity etc etc etc

3. I can post a few times a day, but I try to keep it fair to not run past another's RPing

7. My comm is in my body... and it's currently on hidden (under stealth program) with only subscribed weapons, bikes, vehicles, drones, apartments and other things I personally own on it.

10. OF COURSE!
Cogar
Name : Marko
RolePlay experience: 2years now playing sr 3, dnd and WOD (not played sr 4 at all yet).

Current Character bio: Gore is a treasure hunter, his skill is obtaining the unobtainable. He worked primarily over in Europe and the UK, now he's in seattle, with renraku, the vatican and the Universal brotherhood after him.

He recieved his nickname gore from a talismonger friend in the uk, he has a knack of kicking down doors, and creating havokfrom behind his troll sized riot shield, as his friends make they retreat.

favourite quote: " Shadowrunner??? noooo im a hunter of rare and wonderful treasures, im a tresure hunter moron! shadowrunner indeed!!"

Comlink status: unstealthed, connected to gloves, glasses and sub mic.

I like teams names and reputation:)

i live in the uk so im on a gmt time scale, ill post as often in the day and night as i can!

[ Spoiler ]

anything else you need??
Kiedo
QUOTE (divine virus)

9. I take it we are making own own rolls then?

Yes, I trust you all not to cheat. Besides I ignore dice rolls sometimes in favor of furthering my storyline (which doesn't include dead characters).

QUOTE (Cogar)

[ Spoiler ]

Have I written a segment of that or is it a different one?

Also, I don't remember if it was you who asked me, but I am in texas which means central time (GMT -6:00), for anyone who is interested (I resent daylight savings time, but I think it's in effect right now).

For those of you who have not turned in character sheets, I'm not going to name names, lol, but I need them sunday night. If your half way across the world from me, your sunday night, my cell phone tells me what time it is anywhere in the world, along with my email client (thunderbird, if your interested), I guess if I really wanted I could download an extension for firefox, that would do that too, but I don't know that many people overseas (though I do know a few).
Kiedo
QUOTE (Kiedo)

8. In the run if there is something character specific, like the results of a perception test I will put the results in spoiler tags ([ spoiler ] results [ /spoiler ]), this doesn't mean you should read it if your not that character, it's just to say space.

I know it's arrogant to quote one's self but I felt it was nessicary because, that's a typo, your welcome to read anything in a spoiler, I just do it so it takes up less space and so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.
Aku
I'm really hoping to get my sheet done tomarrow, but my schedule is really crappy (330-midnight weekdays, 430-midnight weekends, split shift) and i tend to sleep most of the day the rest of the time SO i dont know if i'll have my sheet done tomarrow, but i'm absolutely going to try and do it tomarrow. thankfully, the background is done (what i've posted so far) and so generally the numbers are easier for me than the background.
Divine Virus
opps. yes. Commlink... I... AM... my commlink. everything I own is pretty much without wiresless ability and is skinlinked to me. I keep myself on passive mode when legal.

I have changed my mind, and I would like to start out as a group.

I have a question about reputation. a few actually.

1)does the ammount of the 100 BP we use as Karma count towards street cred?

2) if we take a negative quality that inflicts noteriaty multiple times, such as with incompitent, do we gain multiple point of noteriaty?

3) can street cred be used to buy off noteriaty at any time?
Kiedo
QUOTE (Divine Virus)
1)does the ammount of the 100 BP we use as Karma count towards street cred?

2) if we take a negative quality that inflicts noteriaty multiple times, such as with incompitent, do we gain multiple point of noteriaty?

3) can street cred be used to buy off noteriaty at any time?

1. yes, sounds reasonable to me

2. no according to the book is says you shouldn't be given multiple noteriaty points for things you've already gotten them for, unless you do it in an innovative or creative way.

3. The book doesn't give a time frame in which you can do that so I'd say sure. Though I might point out that with your character's sudden turn from obnoxious rich kid to socially inept burnout (or so everyone believes) would not go unnoticed with his former "running mates". I guess the old adage you can fool some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time would apply in this case.

Also I have a question for you. The Johnson will ask you to meet him at The Lonely Heart's Club, which is where he normally meets people he's "hiring", has your character been before?

Another question just occured to me, the body your character inhabits, would you mind if I took a few liberties, with a few things here and there. I understand that your character has just recently (the last year at most by my estimates) taken control of this body, and the previous owner's mind has been completely wiped (including memories). So it occured to me that your character might not know all of the people who know Sebastian that was, so I thought I might have a little fun with that (nothing that would endanger your character, infact you might come out the other side better off).
Divine Virus
Oh please do take liberties with Sebastian's past. and it is not as recent as I orriginally thought, what with the addition of 100 karma (I did decide to take it all as karma, well, most of it. a few points might not be...stiff shuffling points) he has probably done some running to earn that karma, but still pretty fresh in the flesh. THe AI has none of sebastian's memories, except for a bit of skill related muscle memory/insticts. ie he still remembered how to hold and use a sword. thats stored in a different part of the brain then personality and the events of ones life. However, he has no idea where he learned swordsmanship, or how long it took him to learn it.

As for the Club, most likely I would not have been. In fact, almost certainly not. Unless we decided that our team has been running together for a long time, then there is a chance.
Cogar
Dude its the book youve written an excert of yes biggrin.gif hhehee i keep it with me at all times biggrin.gif
Kiedo
Excellent, I can play with Sebastian's past, and I know the contents of the book on Gore's hip (though I'm not sure which book, but I'm asuming since it's a book and not scrolls that it's the german one, also because I can imagine that it would be a hell of a lot easier to get ones hands on, but still not simple).

Tomorrow I will be posting the IC thread, which means I need the sheets for your characters by tonight (so I can double check things and what not).
Rokur
sent... PM me if you have any questions...
adamu
Okay, I just was almost finished with a giant post - which included the fact that I am hopeless with computers - and now I have pushed some random key and lost the whole thing somehow. That is such a pain since I have to go to work right now.
So if I end up posting the same thing twice, that's why.

so here it is again quick and dirty.

Adam -easy to remember as very close to Adamu. D&D from 78 to 92, then SR like a mad dog from 92 -01. Both sides of GM screen. Last five years too busy/inconveniently located to table top, so here I am losing posts. Please bear with me.

That said, I will post at the very least every 36 hours, but more likely I will at least check the thread about three times a day.

Commlink - as hidden as legally allowed. Al only has it to avoid hassles with the man. So it will always be on the most hidden mode legally allowed for wherever he is. Which means almost always in full hidden mode, since he will rarely go into high security zones - mostly lingering around the worst dockyard areas. He has spam filtered on the highest possible setting - you basically need his commcode to get through - which only maybe two or three people have. He has NOTHING in his PAN - virtually everything he owns was obtained pre-Crash, and anything else he wireless-disabled himself. He doesn't even own any AR accessories. If someone accesses his commcode, the thing buzzes and he answers it just like a cell phone.

As for a group, I hate to be a party-pooper, but it seems to be that already knowing each other means missing out on all the role-playing involved with learning about one another. I mean, we have go some awfully quirky characters here (even for SR), and why would we want to pass up getting to know each other in character? Just going on a single run together is very revealing/bonding - why miss out on all that?
Thus, even if you all choose to start off together, I would strongly prefer for Al to join as a later addition, introduced however the esteemed Kiedo sees fit. Besides, one of the main premises of Al is that he has never been on a run, which would be a bit tricky if he was part of an established team.

Gosh, I hated revealing even that OOC. But Kiedo wants something about my character here. So let's just say it will be obvious that Al is from a deeply rural region of the CAS. He is small, and appears quite unhealthy and weak. At least middle aged. Also very rough around the edges. In game terms, the idea was to create someone who was never nor ever intended to be a shadowrunner, but who, thoughout a colorful life, developed skills and aptitudes that would nonetheless suit him for the job if ever he fell into it.

Okay, everything else looks and sounds great to me.
In my humble opinion, what I have seen so far promises an outstanding game, and I will do my best to hold up my end.
Adam.
Aku
i dont think im going to have time to finish up this evening as i have to be back at work in 2 hours and my minds mush, any chance aku could join in at the second mission, or later in the run? I'm just not really happy with how my numbers are working right now (due to mushy mind)
Rokur
QUOTE (Aku)
i dont think im going to have time to finish up this evening as i have to be back at work in 2 hours and my minds mush, any chance aku could join in at the second mission, or later in the run? I'm just not really happy with how my numbers are working right now (due to mushy mind)

Only if you promise to call the cyberzombies "Sa-mu-raiii...." in a very evil voice. grinbig.gif

Actually i dunno, that's Kiedo call, so yea
Kiedo
QUOTE (Rokur)
QUOTE (Aku @ May 7 2006, 11:07 PM)

Only if you promise to call the cyberzombies "Sa-mu-raiii...." in a very evil voice. grinbig.gif

Actually i dunno, that's Kiedo call, so yea

LMAO

Sam...u...raiiiiiii!!!!!!!
that's funny I've been thinking that every since he pitched the idea, lol.

But as far as Aku jumping in mid game, I don't see the problem with that, if everyone agrees to start out as a group (though I agree with adam about Al still not being part of it) I can incorporate aku in nicely (so long as he's not part of the group who just will meet you guys later). Aku, I wonder how much more time you need to finish running the numbers? If it's going to be a week or less you can still join and just play catch up, when I get your sheet, but longer and you'll need to jump in mid game, probably as a little extra help to the runners when the johnson starts to get impatient.

Also jeff, where did you send you sheet? I haven't gotten it yet... I checked all three of the emails I have listed on DS, and my PM box but no sheet for Vinny I'll repost the link to my email, or if you prefer you can PM me with it.

genomepanda@phreaker.net
Divine Virus
I'll work at crunching the final numbers. This day seems to have evaportated on me, sorry about that.
Rokur
i sent it to that e-mail there... its an attached .sr4 file... but you said that you could handle that?

edit: it's in my sent mail... but resent anyways...
Kiedo
I'm still not getting it, wierd. maybe our emails don't like each other. Try sending it to: grendel0019@gmail.com. I have that email just incase my normal one is not liked by a particular service (AOL for example won't even let me send emails to thier clients, but I think that's because the hotpop.com server is so lasse faire about spamming policies).
Aku
i think i'll be able to have it done mid-late week (wed-thursday is my "weekend"
Kiedo
Actually I don't think that a single dice will be rolled before maybe friday, unless over zealous players decide they need to roll to see if thier getting drunk, and things of that nature so as long as you have the sheet to me before your have to roll any dice, I think you can start with everybody else on monday, if your work schedule allows it.

Actually the only one I'm worried about is gingerkid, I haven't heard from him in a while I sent him a nudge PM letting him know, if he stopped watching, that he needed to join the party, so I guess time will tell, in that case.

[edit]
wow the two sentences I typed both started with the same word I'm blaming that on too much beer/not enough sleep wobble.gif. I know I know why not just fix it since I caught it so quickly and no one would be any the wiser... To that I say I'm too lazy, which doesn't make any sense because I've typed all of this which took more time and effort, especially with those pesky bracket things, because I always wind up holding the shift key, even though I don't need to so I type the squigly one instead of the straight one, and then have to go back and fix it when I decide it looks all funny, which would have been what I should be doing instead of typing all this in the first place.

sorry about that...
[/edit]
Divine Virus
THere, its sent
Aku
i think i can do that for sure, just need some time to un mush my brain, byut as for my blurbs:

1) I, like the AI, would like to start as being assembled for this run, again too many secrets may be known.

2)we can get to the leader and anme once we form a group (imo)

3)Posting can be atleast daily, generally

4)I've un a few forum games (generally ending in miserable failure...) and have played on open rpg.

As for me, i'm David (hi david), i've been "connected" to RPG's since i was young, although actually got "started" with computer/console rpg's ala final fantasy etc. Played some dnd as a kid, remember being freaked out by the 2nd edition Ravenloft stuff... Just recently (in the past year and a half or so) picked up SR
Cogar
Foooooooolllishhhh litttllleeee Sammm uuuu raaaiiii!!! biggrin.gif

Love aku he rocks as a bad guy biggrin.gif
GingerKid
My name is Shawn. I've played D&D for about 16 years now, but I've just started playing SR. I am in one RL SR group (Done about 3 runs so far.), and I've been in two online games here at DS (one still ongoing).

1) I like the idea of an established group just because my first online game never got through the getting to know you stage and legwork of the run.

2) I'd want a group leader just because I think it would help the flow. As for name ... meh... I don't really care one way or the other.

3) I can generally post 1 - 2 times a day on the weekdays, but the weekends are real hit or miss.

4) I got some of the tags down, but mistakes will happen.

5) Ok

6) Sure

7) Comlink is passive to start. The only thing linked to my pan are my earbuds and contacts. Everything else that could be wireless, has the wireless capability turned off.

Patch is one of two doctors that runs Patch's People Repair (The PPR). He can fix your body no matter if it's just meet or has some metal. He is an accomplished combat medic. So much so that people swear he worked for Doc Wagon. He is also an accomplished driver whether it be cars, boats, or planes. Everyone once he has flashes where he takes charge and leads, but only when he feels the current leader is making a big mistake. You can ask about his past, but he won't tell you. Patch currently trusts one person enough to talk to about his past, and if you have to ask, it's not you. He is one cyberskull away from being a full cyborg.
Kiedo
Ok I'm going to put up the IC now.

Divine, the email you sent me didn't have anything but the message you typed about it being late, maybe you forgot to send the attachment, or it got lost in transit, I'm not sure. Try resending it if you don't mind.

I appologize for all the email trouble I've been having, requiring some of you to send things multiple times I'm not sure what's going on, if it's a server problem, an email client problem or what. All I know is I'm not to happy with hotpop.com right about now(which is the company that I have genomepanda through, if it wasn't free, I'd be making phone calls and writing angry letters).
Rokur
so does this mean you got my char?? smile.gif
Kiedo
Yes, I did, I also sent you an email answering the question you asked.

by the way seconds ago I posted the IC
Rokur
ok.... do we know who sent us this message? was it our fixer? just trying to clarify....
Kiedo
No, not unless you have Jack Crawford as a contact. You are more than welcome to try and trace back the call though.
Divine Virus
I would profoundly temped to do that... but I decided agienst it. No need to get into dice rolling yet.
adamu
Divine Wind: Very cool trick with the cybereyes.

Kiedo: Question about playing style vis a vis your flavor posts. Obviously Al has no idea about any of that jailbreak stuff. On the other hand, I assume you posted it for a reason. Should we as players simply enjoy then ignore it, or should we glean what we can and then try to work that in in a roleplaying sense? If the latter, I sure am curious what is up with the riots downtown on 11/3. If that is something my character would be aware of, do tell. If it was/is no big deal - I mean, if that flavor text is not really intended to be followed up on - that's cool, just forget about it.

Very glad to be off the ground! Thanks for your efforts.
Kiedo
I'd like to appologize for the roughness of the introductory post, it's the first draft and I wrote part of it last night when I was a bit tipsy. I did at least proof read it for errors, and though I did find a few sentences that didn't mesh well, there weren't any terrible mistakes.

Cogar, most of the information about the bar is public knowledge, including floor plan, and I will post, in spoilers a detailed snapshot of the club, once I'm done answering questions and things.

Adam, everything I post exists and happens in the world, and some things that seem mentioned in passing, may be more important than at first glance. As far as to your character's knowledge, they would know about the riots, but not the prison break, yet. You are welcome to do anything you want as far as any of the flavor text goes (calling it that makes me think of magic the gathering), as a riot would be common knowledge to any one who read the epaper or watched the trid. As to the prison break, your characters might, if you want, read a biased (you choice which direction) capsulated version, in the news paper or see it on the trid.

I do posts like that for two reasons, one is for people who aren't playing but are reading along (I read several other runs on this board, so I assume other people do too), and to inform the players about current events in the story. For example a riot would be obvious to any one who was downtown that day or viewed a news source, and so would the jail break, but admittedly it would be shadowed by the protest.

The protest, so you can inject this into your posts as you see fit, concerns a new law passed by the Seattle Government raising taxes on just about everything. It consisted of low to middle income bracket residents who felt that the taxes would inhibit thier ability to maintain thier, in many cases squallied lifestyle. Seattle new agents report an strangely high turn out, considering lonestar's official position on protests (and that is to arrest as many protesters as possible).
Rokur
OK rolls time (heh a little before friday):

Analyzing the text message
Analyze: if have full access (like it's a unhidden/unprotected message)
[ Spoiler ]

Analyze: if not have full access to it (spoofed commcode or something)
[ Spoiler ]

Datasearch for The bar from my agent
[ Spoiler ]

Not the best hacker, so if i got some of the rolls wrong let me know.... but there's my rolls for my IC action!
Divine Virus
hmmm... I think I may have ended up tyeing up my character for quite a while by napping...
Kiedo
um you don't actually need to roll for that, trust me there will be plenty of dice rolling once the game gets fully underway. Just a side note, I wish my dice worked as well as yours do, frown.gif.

By the way, you can if you want, have your character already have been to The Lonely Heart's Club, so save on scoping out dice rolls and things like that, it's not a terribly crucial plot point. If that is the case, then just take the information I posted in Vinnie's search results and just take that as you knowing it.
Rokur
I like the results... they look awesome.
I just wanna get in the habit of rolling too, since Avenger does keep himself under tight wraps, and will be doing tons of stuff like this. I'll wait for the initial stuff to be posted of a search next time nyahnyah.gif but I will roll for the "obscure" stuff.... or if I plan on hacking into interpol or something (since apparently there is a file eek.gif ) but for now... if captain chaos says this place is legit, then Avenger's gonna DEFINITELY at least pop in to see the sites.... now matrix presence, or real presence... what would Megara do???(the savior of the matrix! cool.gif i'm sure she has a religion...)

edit:
PS - My dice have on days and off days, but i do have lucky dice... wait till they get on fire! hehehe.... but honestly, i'm glad your dice don't roll as well as mine do.. hehehehe biggrin.gif
Divine Virus
hmm....being asleep is getting on my nerves. Can we either A) jump ahead 3 odd hours till when my character wakes up or B) have a heat signature (even a rat would do) trigger a wakeup? CHeers and smiles,
DV

Edit-> Seeing as Al has moved forward to 11pm, I shall advance to be in synch with him. Thanks Adam! nyahnyah.gif
Kiedo
Divine, you can do what ever you want, I'm not the picky type would will make you sleep until the alarm goes off. Hell you might even, if you want, say he couldn't fall asleep in the first place. Unless it directly involves the plot your welcome to re think your actions at any time.
Divine Virus
Ah good, I'm glad to know that. Some I have gamed with are very picky about that kind of thing, so I am still in that mode.

This is for 1st round
IP 1:Thrreading Analyse programs (ressonace 6+software 1)
0 hits

IP 2: Analyze Complex form (6CF+1computer)
5 hits

IP 3: Analyze Complex form (6CF+1computer)
3 hits

IP 4: Analyze Complex form (6CF+1computer)
1 hit

This is for 2nd round
IP 1:Analyze Complex form (6CF+1computer)
2 hits

IP 2: Analyze Complex form (6CF+1computer)
3 hits

IP 3: Analyze Complex form (6CF+1computer)
5 hits

IP 4: Analyze Complex form (6CF+1computer)
4 hit

I think that should do it. I am paying special attention to who sent it and who else also received the message.
Kiedo
You don't have to go edit them back in, but I do prefer you include the results, and not just the hits. I trust you guys no to cheat so I'm not going to make you reroll anything, even if you decide not to include them further, I just like looking at the numbers.
Divine Virus
I will remember that in the future. RIght after I finished rolling it occured to me that everyone else had, but I couldn't remember the actualy numbers and figured it was best not to BS them. Cheers and smiles
Kiedo
no troubles, you posted your search in the IC while I was responding to Al's queries, so I've gone back and edited your results back into the post...
Rokur
Avie's gonna plan on going in about 00:40 a professional 20 minutes early, so i'll let anyone in the bar to IC themselves out, so i won't have to constantly re-edit my arrival... heh... so there!
Kiedo
Adam, I changed the music, lol. actually that's a small note I hadn't gotten too yet, describing the bar, I was going to let at least half of you get there before I did that.
Divine Virus
So is there a bouncer or the like to check for and remove weapons?
Kiedo
Yeah, a troll and an elf, I've already taken care of your weapons though so you don't need to back track and can continue talking with Al.

By the way, I never got around fully to explaining the trivia thing. Occasionally, well more than that, but I only offer trivia for it a few times per chapter, I will include song refrence to a creative work, not an obvious one, but still entirely possible to figure out. I will ask a question, which I will give you the post involved, and the first person to answer correctly gets a karma bonus based on the difficulty of the question. Trivia questions will always be posted in yellow, and answers should be given in the OOC thread. Topics for trivia include, but are not limited to (sorry I've always wanted to say that), music and literature. I will number the questions for ease of communication, and for book keeping purposes.

Karma awarded in this mannor can be spent at the conclusion of a chapter, as is with all awarded karma. In case I didn't mention it I award karma and refresh edge at the end of a chapter.

1. In the first post, where did I get the name for the lonestar officer who was killed

There are two correct answers, but only the first person to answer gets points, because they would both give each other away. Though that might not be entirely true, it would for me, but I'm not sure about other, less crazy people.
Cogar
Isnt jack from the series 24??

in answer to thew trivia question ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012