Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runner Havens on its way
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JongWK
From the SR website:

Runner Havens at Origins

The printing presses did their mechanical magic, and today boxes of Runner Havens arrived at our door, so we’ll have them available for sale at Origins, and it will be everyone’s first chance to see the book!

We’ll let you know when it will be on store shelves, and the eBook version will also be available in early July.

cool.gif
Shadowmeet
YAY!

Now, we wait for the others.
Geekkake
QUOTE (Shadowmeet)
YAY!

Never satisfied...
ShadowDragon
Is this for SR4?

newbie.gif
Shrike30
Yes nyahnyah.gif
Brahm
Whoot! Thanks for the heads up Jong.
Shadowmeet
QUOTE (Geekkake)
QUOTE (Shadowmeet @ Jun 28 2006, 05:22 PM)
YAY!

Never satisfied...

Satisfaction breeds laziness. Laziness breeds stagnation. Stagnation breeds death.

Heh.

stevebugge
QUOTE (Shadowmeet)
QUOTE (Geekkake @ Jun 28 2006, 04:33 PM)
YAY!

Never satisfied...

Satisfaction breeds laziness. Laziness breeds stagnation. Stagnation breeds death.

Heh.

No, in my experience stagnation breeds mosquitos
Shadowmeet
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Jun 28 2006, 05:03 PM)
QUOTE (Shadowmeet @ Jun 28 2006, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Geekkake @ Jun 28 2006, 04:33 PM)
YAY!

Never satisfied...

Heh.

No, in my experience stagnation breeds mosquitos

Okay, then the mosquitos become carriers for malaria or some other disease, and they pass it on to you, and then you are unlucky enough to not have any medicine, and then you die?
Shrike30
Mosquitos breed malaria, malaria breeds death. smile.gif

EDIT: Aagh! Beaten to the punch!
Casper
So the general public wont get it 'til 2 months after origins.
Jrayjoker
Hmmm, early July in pdf. Seems more like 2 weeks to me.
Shrike30
Unless you're waiting for the Dead Tree edition nyahnyah.gif
JongWK
Well, given that Origins starts tomorrow...

... that means RH's release date was correct! *shock* nyahnyah.gif
BookWyrm
Now, we wait.
Casper
Well with how books have been announced and how books have actually been delivered I believe I have the right to be skeptical about the release dates and when the books actually show up.
Oracle
Wow! Should it happen that the English original of a SR4 book will be available before the German translation? biggrin.gif
Synner
QUOTE (Casper @ Jun 29 2006, 12:11 PM)
Well with how books have been announced and how books have actually been delivered I believe I have the right to be skeptical about the release dates and when the books actually show up.

The book has been delivered from the printer to the publisher. The publisher, FanPro, will be taking a bunch to Origins so it will definitely be on sale at the con. Meanwhile the distributors should be getting their mitts in the next few days and from there its shipped to the stores that have preorders and orders... at that point its no longer up to FanPro (or even the distributor). If you want to make sure you get it on time, drop in your FLGS and give them a heads up the book is coming out (in case they missed the solicitation) or better yet place an order.

[edited to fix the FGLS/FLGS typo]
Witness
No small amount of anticipation from this corner of the globe!
Brahm
Sooo....any posters here at Origins that picked up this books?
Shadowmeet
QUOTE (Brahm)
Sooo....any posters here at Origins that picked up this books?

If I were at Origins, I doubt I'd stop to chat on the net. lol
James McMurray
QUOTE (ShadowDragon)
Is this for SR4?

newbie.gif

Barring something incredibly odd happening, I don't think we'll ever see a new book for any editions prior to SR4.
Casper
FGLS?
James McMurray
I believe it's a typo for FLGS: Favorite Local Game Store.
Nim
The 'F' used to be for 'Friendly', but stores have gotten surly lately smile.gif
James McMurray
It might also be an acronym for "4th Edition Core Rulebook." It's would be as intuitively obvious as BBB. smile.gif
Zen Shooter01
Hardcopy before pdf? Hm.

Looking forward to it, but looking forward to the rulebooks more: Arsenal, Augmentation and Street Magic.
Shrike30
It used to be Friendly Neighborhood Gaming Store (FNGS) until the military types pointed out what FNGs were.
Glayvin34
QUOTE (Shrike30)
It used to be Friendly Neighborhood Gaming Store (FNGS) until the military types pointed out what FNGs were.

Military?
Former Navy Guy/Gal?
Florida National Guard?
Fuckin' New Guy/Gal?
SL James
Fucking New Guy.
Grim
So nice to see that our german version of the book hast fourty additional sites,
Synner
QUOTE (Grim)
So nice to see that our german version of the book hast fourty additional sites,

Care to clarify? As far as I know what's been announced is that the German version of Runner Havens will include Seattle, Hong Kong, Cape Town, Caracas, Hamburg and Istanbul. My information -and I should note I have very good sources- is that the only difference between the German and English editions is that Hamburg will get a full blown chapter (like Seattle and HK in the English version) instead of the overview it gets in the US release.
Witness
Do they lose any material? Because if not I can't help wondering why they get more material than us?!
Synner
Because a) they get to pay more and b) the size of the local market and number of German language buyers demands a fully developed core setting for their backyard. If there was a British license you'd probably be getting Merseysprawl, France might consider adding Marseille, etc.

The first German setting/campaign book Munich Noir is already available and it contains a wealth of material on the city of Munich and a rather twisted local plot featuring a long-time nemesis in the German setting targeting the city's elite. As with all German-only material it is targeted at the local players and includes very little of relevance to the wider SR setting - but maybe one of the German fans can jump in and do a review to bear me out.
SL James
Oooh. Let it be Beloit...
Ophis
How much for a British License?

All us Brits could have a collection...
MYST1C
QUOTE (Synner)
My information -and I should note I have very good sources- is that the only difference between the German and English editions is that Hamburg will get a full blown chapter (like Seattle and HK in the English version) instead of the overview it gets in the US release.

According to the Schattenstädte preview available here the TOC of the German version looks like this:

CODE
  5 - 61 : Hong Kong
 62 - 120: Seattle
121 - 168: Hamburg
169 - 180: Cape Town, Caracas, Istanbul
181+     : Game Master infos

(PS: I think Grim wanted to say "forty additional pages" but fell into a "false friends" translation trap... Eng "site" = Ger "Ort", Ger "Seite" = Eng "page".)
Demon_Bob
A bit off topic, but when is the GM Screen supposed to be in print?
BookWyrm
The hardcopy of the GM's screen will be out soon. It's available as a paid PDF on the main FanPro/SR website.

Grim
Yep, sorry for my misspelling. Hamburg is of course a very important city for us german runners. Very gritty, very dark. It`s a shame that the original version won`t have this content.
Witness
QUOTE (Synner @ Jun 30 2006, 03:36 AM)
Because a) they get to pay more ...

*grumble*

I'd pay more.
wink.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Grim @ Jul 4 2006, 01:23 AM)
Hamburg is of course a very important city for us german runners. Very gritty, very dark.

..and the first place in SR having water defy gravity. grinbig.gif
the_dunner
I picked it up, I've had time to read a whopping 12 pages. It might be a little early for me to offer any comments positive or negative. wink.gif
SL James
*grumbles*

Good lord, man. You're killing me.
Brahm
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
QUOTE (Grim @ Jul 4 2006, 01:23 AM)
Hamburg is of course a very important city for us german runners. Very gritty, very dark.

..and the first place in SR having water defy gravity. grinbig.gif

So it's like a pasty-white version of California? wink.gif
HalloranElder
OK, so when is a PDF version going to be available for purchase?

I wants it, and I wants it now!!!!! biggrin.gif
Grim
The funny is that people from hamburg itself wrote this chapter
Synner
QUOTE (Grim)
The funny is that people from hamburg itself wrote this chapter

Actually this is incorrect. As far as I know LabRat and co. don't live in Hamburg.

Also the English language version does contain the core Hamburg content, it was actually written before the German one was.
Grim
The Chapter for Hamburg is from a team called "sons of stoertebeker" and there are from hamburg.
Geekkake
Hamburgers are delicious.

Ich bin ein Berliner! I am a donut!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012