Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this THE Dunkelzahn?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Frag-o Delux
Hitching a ride would still need cyberware, but looking over the deckers shoulder and looking at a flat vid or trideo screen is possible. But if theres canon to back it up, thats cool.
HalloranElder
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
Hitching a ride would still need cyberware, but looking over the deckers shoulder and looking at a flat vid or trideo screen is possible. But if theres canon to back it up, thats cool.

As far as I remember, "hitching a ride" in this case didn't require cyberwear on the part of the Dragon.

It's similar to the Telepathy that Dragons use to comunicate, from what I remember.

Since I'm at work I can quote the actual source (at least not while this many people are still here at work smile.gif ) but I'll go searching for it later.
nezumi
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)

This is assuming the dragon doesn't have super magical powers to read minds and see what the target is seeing.
Rock
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
QUOTE (Shrike30 @ Jul 3 2006, 03:33 PM)
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux @ Jul 2 2006, 11:23 AM)
And I maybe mistaken, but I seem to remember there being mention of his translator doing his online chatting for him.

Is there some reason a dragon in human form can't use a keyboard or goggles/gloves?

There isnt now, but in first edition there was no rules for running a tortise or cold ASIST, hell a hot ASIST for that matter since they didnt make the distinction till 2nd edition, then third edition introduced trode nets, if I remember correctlly. Its been many years since I looked through the first edition stuff, but Im almost possitive everything was DNI. Im sure any sentient creature could now surf the matrix if they have the physical ability to manipulate the input and output devices. The cyber side of things is trickier since the brain system are different. So yeah If dunky was still around and had a cyber deck with VR googles or even just that roll up screen he could hack a host. Not like fastjack or one of those guys, but he certainly could try.

That isn't true. SR1, page 111 has rules for using a tortoise.
Frag-o Delux
OK, I stand corrected, I didnt remember there being hacking rules for tortises in first edition, but I didnt really start playing Deckers till 2nd.
Rock
The only reason I know about it is I was thumbing through the section this morning and noticed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012