Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for info on explosives . . .
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
SL James
Well if it was good enough for the conquerors of England...
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (KarmaInferno)
What does all this brouhaha have to do with getting high explosives information for a Shadowrun game?

Absolutely nothing.
knasser
QUOTE (KarmaInferno)
What does all this brouhaha have to do with getting high explosives information for a Shadowrun game?

Well, the original poster explained that his concern for searching for it himself was that he would get tagged by the US government.

I offered a method by which he could search for this information more securely early on and consider my job done. (Use of the TOR network, incidentally). But his post also spawned an interesting debate about the rights or wrongs of government surveillance and power, which because it concerns us all, we have run with. I'm responsible for broadening it into roughly the causes of terrorism because the Freedom vs. Security option looks to me like two people with a burned out lightbulb debating different methods of avoiding the furniture. Hello? Change the lightbulb!

I guess because we all have something in common (SR) and we form a community of sorts, it's interesting to see what our peers think of various matters.

QUOTE (Smokeskin)

QUOTE (knasser)

There was the threat of the USSR (which had a curiously similar effect in stimulating a with us or against us attitude in the populace and an ideological hatred of the other culture "communism"), but the US passed through that.

The US passed through that as a winner because they adopted the proper response to someone wanting to destroy you - you develop a with us or against us attitude, and you fight with any means possible. You root out their supporters from your culture, you fight for dominance all around the globe, you go on insane arms races building enough nukes to destroy the world several times over and launch star wars programmes. And thus, the USSR was defeated. There is no doubt that the USSR would've conquered the entire world had they been able to, and without the US thwarting them they would have.

I took that as black humour. If by some remote chance you mean it then let me know and I will give my opinion on the usefulness of being able to kill everyone on the planet six times over. Seeing as we can only die once and all... wink.gif

Incidentally, has it been considered that the USSR helped keep the USA in check? wink.gif

Now I've said quite a lot in this thread and feel that I have made my point clearly. Much of what has been raised has been addressed. I'd like to comment two things, though:

QUOTE (Smokeskin)
they adopted the proper response to someone wanting to destroy you - you develop a with us or against us attitude, and you fight with any means possible. You root out their supporters from your culture

This philosophy is exactly that of the Islamic radical that wants to have a war with the "West". The vast majority of Islam does not want a war. The vast majority of Islam wants to carry on living normally and peacefully. But it appears that there is 'someone wanting to destroy them.' And with each new threat from the US and the UK, the peaceful are forced a little more towards a "with us or against us" attitude which you describe as the proper response. And the rooting out of supporters which you also describe as proper, equates to the condeming of US and UK "apologists" that try to seek diplomatic solutions with the US. Presumably, you do not see this as a good thing, so how can this radicalisation be proper for one party but not the other? The best response in the muslim community is to attempt to remain peaceful and to remember that the "enemy" is not really all that different to themselves. And I believe the best response in the US and the UK populace is the same.

The second thing I want to respond to is Nikoli's post:
QUOTE (Nikoli)

From the bottom of my heart, I hope the people, all people of the Middle East, find the peace that once existed there. There was a brief time when Jews, Christians and Muslims lived in peace and fairness within the walls of Jerusalem because it was so Holy to all three groups. Think about for a moment. It was considered so important, that these groups worked together to maintain peace there. I really wish they would remember that.

And while Terrorism is not a foregone conclusion, religious extremism is.
The foundations of all Islamic terrorist groups came from a single cleric around 1200 A.D., founding the Hassassin movement. They were the original Islamic Extremist movement and from them all others found purchase within the hearts of an impassioned (if at times ineffective) people. They don't hate Americans per se, they hate Christians, because as one historical reference states, a Christian honor guard slew an envoy of the Hassassin at the base of their Holy Mountain in cold blood, shouting that there would never be peace (History of the Knights Templar). The tenuous peace of Jerusalem was shattered by the Knights of St. John in an attempt to gain money and favor with the Jewish king by sacking a Muslim City (the lost utterly, sparking the first Crusade) of a supposed treasure than purportedly belonged to the Israeli king. This untrustworthyness we hear about so often that the Extremists attribute to Americans and Israelies comes from those moments. America is seen as founded by Catholics (as untrue as this is) therefore we are as untrustworthy as anyone.

I appreciate your comments about Jerusalem. I've never been there. Although it has great historical significance, I personally don't regard any place as more holy than any other. Any connection to God that we have is something we carry with us whereever we go. But I do recognise that it is a symbol for many people and it is good to remember that it was once a peaceful place, too holy to be the scene of fighting. The film Kingdom of Heaven whilst being pretty daft, does have a good depiction of this at the beginning. I particularly like the newly arrived Christian knight's confusion when confronted with a bustling multi-faith city having expected some great war.

However, although so far as I know you might be historically accurate on the Hassassin, I don't think you can attribute all modern islamic extremism to them as you have done. I can't imagine that extremism would not have occured to anyone without this historical organisation. And I can't imagine knowledge of this organisation would have brought about extremism independent of the modern-day circumstances we find it in. You may well be right that many modern groups are aware of it or refer to it ( I don't move in those circles, thankfully), but I don't think it can really be considered a cause, maybe just a part of the pattern.

You're entirely right that the US and the UK have a hot potato with Saddam Hussein. Can't shoot him, can't prove him guilty, can't find him innocent. It's been a complete disaster so far. We all see pictures of him harranging the judges and denouncing the occupation (or maybe in the US you don't? ). Given what a truly nasty piece of work the man is, it's amazing what a bang-up job the Americans are doing of portraying him as a hero. The only thing they could do worse would be to have a live debate between him and Bush on network. Now that would be fun. eek.gif
knasser
QUOTE (SL James)

Ah, but they were just looking for some decent cooking. Hadn't discovered curries back in the 1400's. smile.gif
mintcar
QUOTE (Smokeskin)
The US passed through that as a winner because they adopted the proper response to someone wanting to destroy you - you develop a with us or against us attitude, and you fight with any means possible. You root out their supporters from your culture, you fight for dominance all around the globe, you go on insane arms races building enough nukes to destroy the world several times over and launch star wars programmes. And thus, the USSR was defeated. There is no doubt that the USSR would've conquered the entire world had they been able to, and without the US thwarting them they would have.

I replied to this once allready, but I've been thinking about it and it just annoys me more and more. But I will also hold off on my outrage until Smokeskin has had time to say if it is indeed an attempt at humour.
SL James
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (SL James @ Aug 28 2006, 04:47 AM)

Ah, but they were just looking for some decent cooking.

1,000 years and counting.
knasser
QUOTE (SL James @ Aug 28 2006, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 28 2006, 04:26 AM)

Now we're getting food criticism from the country that invented "American Cheese".

This really is too much.

EDIT: By the way, isn't it nice how in the same thread we can discuss English cooking and the deaths of thousands, seamlessly. I have no idea if that says something positive or negative about us.

EDIT EDIT: I am in no way drawing a connection between English cooking and the deaths of thousands, either. Before SL James leaps in. sarcastic.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (knasser)
EDIT: By the way, isn't it nice how in the same thread we can discuss English cooking and the deaths of thousands, seamlessly. I have no idea if that says something positive or negative about us.

Welcome to DS.

All is possible here biggrin.gif
Firewall
QUOTE (knasser)
EDIT: By the way, isn't it nice how in the same thread we can discuss English cooking and the deaths of thousands, seamlessly.

Given the average US opinion of our cooking, I would say the connection is not hard to see.

Considering just how little I enjoy American fast-food though... (with the exception of Taco-Bell, though that may just be for the novelty)
Oracle
Not the average US opinion. It's the average worldwide opinion of your cooking. wink.gif
LilithTaveril
Wait, we cook? I just thought we dug around in Mexico and Canada's trash cans and then sold it to the public.
knasser
QUOTE (Oracle)
Not the average US opinion. It's the average worldwide opinion of your cooking. wink.gif

Oh well, if we're allowed to use average worldwide opinion as a barometer of validity, then that brings us full circle back to US foreign policy. wink.gif

Truly all things are connected. nyahnyah.gif
Grinder
Hmmm... we have to bring Drop Bears into this thread...

biggrin.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Grinder)
Hmmm... we have to bring Drop Bears into this thread...

biggrin.gif

One day, Michael Bay will direct a movie about Drop Bears, and then my Hell will be complete. dead.gif
Grinder
I have some other directors in mind which would make a better movie. Trilogy at least, btw. wink.gif
ShadowDragon8685
The Drop Bear, The Drop Bear Reloads, and Drop Bear Revoloutions, right? smile.gif
stevebugge
I was really hoping for a short starring a Drop Bear and Kevin Costner
SL James
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (SL James @ Aug 28 2006, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE (knasser @ Aug 28 2006, 04:26 AM)

Now we're getting food criticism from the country that invented "American Cheese".

Whatever gave you that idea?
ShadowDragon8685
Real "American Cheese" is the good stuff. It's a cheese made from the combinant of many types of cheese curd that haden't been used in the full batch because there was too little to make another unit.

The Kraft stuff? That's like judging your nation's music by what a 3rd year student can do, as opposed to a master.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Just a side note, Al-Queda wasn't formed during the Clinton administration. It was formed to fight the Soviet invasion/occupation of Afganistan.

Which is why we should all watch Rambo 3 again, where they're trying to portray Al Quaida as the good guys since at that time they're messing with the soviets. Cine-owned!

Incidental middle east related thought:

Why is it that whenever there's collateral damage and a Western power is involved everyone goes and blames the Western power? In a lot of cases it's the local guerillas who brought the firepower down on the civilians in the first place by hiding among the civilians, so shouldn't it be their fault?

For example, if a firefight broke out on the street while I was walking there and one of the combatants grabbed me and used me for cover while firing across the street, wouldn't it be his fault if I'm hit moreso than the fault of the guy who tried really hard to shoot past my head? The guy trying to shoot past me is forced to fire in self defense if the hostage taker opens fire on him, so if I were in that situation I'd place my blame squarely on the man who grabbed me and used me as a human shield.

Likewise, if Hezbollah is hiding among the Lebanese civilians why do those civilians then flip out and blame Israel when they get 'sploded? Isn't it obvious that the only reason they're getting 'sploded at that time because someone's choosing to use them as human shields to fire from behind?
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
Why is it that whenever there's collateral damage and a Western power is involved everyone goes and blames the Western power?

Because you can sue them.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Smokeskin)
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Aug 26 2006, 01:29 AM)
QUOTE (Smokeskin @ Aug 25 2006, 07:34 AM)
It doesn't cost lives to stop it, it hardly costs any inconvenience, except some idea that your privacy is invaded even though it'll never have any effect on your life unless you're actually plotting criminal activity.

You mean like how Steve Jackson Games experienced hardly any inconvienience? What about that guy just in the news who was held for years without any charges being put against him?

On your scale of inconvenience, how does that classify against something like 9/11? Madrid bombings? London bombings? The recent attemt at blowing up several planes between Englang and the US?

Way to fart fallacy. "Falling out of a building while on fire sucks, therefore we shouldn't actually worry about the government abusing its power or doing things which are very much against the spirit of the constitution."
Arethusa
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
QUOTE (Nikoli @ Aug 28 2006, 12:21 AM)
Just a side note, Al-Queda wasn't formed during the Clinton administration.  It was formed to fight the Soviet invasion/occupation of Afganistan.

Which is why we should all watch Rambo 3 again, where they're trying to portray Al Quaida as the good guys since at that time they're messing with the soviets. Cine-owned!

Why is it that whenever there's collateral damage and a Western power is involved everyone goes and blames the Western power? In a lot of cases it's the local guerillas who brought the firepower down on the civilians in the first place by hiding among the civilians, so shouldn't it be their fault?

For example, if a firefight broke out on the street while I was walking there and one of the combatants grabbed me and used me for cover while firing across the street, wouldn't it be his fault if I'm hit moreso than the fault of the guy who tried really hard to shoot past my head? The guy trying to shoot past me is forced to fire in self defense if the hostage taker opens fire on him, so if I were in that situation I'd place my blame squarely on the man who grabbed me and used me as a human shield.

Likewise, if Hezbollah is hiding among the Lebanese civilians why do those civilians then flip out and blame Israel when they get 'sploded? Isn't it obvious that the only reason they're getting 'sploded at that time because someone's choosing to use them as human shields to fire from behind?

Because when you fire the shot, you're responsible for where it hits. Regardless, responsibility is not a dichotomy, and to simply blame Hezbollah or the Israelis fails to critically analyze what is happening over there.
hyzmarca
There is also the fact that these groups have popular support. It isn't like Hezbollah is holding guns to people's heads. They aren't just a well-armed militia; they're a legitimate political party that holds seats in government. Most importantly, they are responsible for many social support programs. They fund and operate schools and hospitals and agricultural centres.

It isn't a case of Hezbollah putting missiles in schools and guns in hospitals. It is a case of Hezbolla building schools and hospitals on sites where they also happen to store weapons. Really, if the people who provided you with free health care and free education also happened to be well armed, would you support the people who blew up the hospital you rely on and the school your child attends? If someone attacked the Democratic Party headquarters and blamed the Democrats for any civilian causalities would you support the them?

The problem is that there is little separation between Hezbollah as a militia, Hezbollah as a philanthropic organization, and Hezbollah as a political party. In reality it is all three. So, when Israel attacks Hezbollah the militia they are also attacking a philanthropic organization and a legitimate political party.

Of course, it isn't like Israel isn't justified in these attacks. The complete dissolution of the state of Israel is the original and primary goal of Hezbolla as a militia and as a political party. On this issue they are uncompromising.
Grinder
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
The Drop Bear, The Drop Bear Reloads, and Drop Bear Revoloutions, right? smile.gif

Maybe. Maybe we'll make a handful of Trilogies. Drop Bears offer stories for more than one smile.gif

But first we have to wait and look how our Musical makes.
mintcar
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
QUOTE (Nikoli @ Aug 28 2006, 12:21 AM)
Just a side note, Al-Queda wasn't formed during the Clinton administration.  It was formed to fight the Soviet invasion/occupation of Afganistan.

Could it be because the western power is the attacker in all of the cases you refer too?

Sure, most of these guerillas use very ugly terrorist methods and it's hard to justify their methods, but even if they didn't—even if they were the good old kind of guerilla, who only uses hit and run tactics to take out enemy soldiers—they would still hide among civilians. Saying they are responsible for civilian deaths, unless it is a situation were they very specificly put them up as shields and prevent them from leaving after being warned (and yes I know it happens), is sort of like saying they are at fault for trying to stay alive.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Grinder @ Aug 28 2006, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Aug 29 2006, 12:16 AM)

Maybe. Maybe we'll make a handful of Trilogies. Drop Bears offer stories for more than one smile.gif

But first we have to wait and look how our Musical makes.

Maybe we can get the Drop Bear trillogy funded by the same people who fun Uwe Boll's films.
Oracle
Do not mention Uwe Boll. Did you know, that he has got a doctorate in literature?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Oracle)
Do not mention Uwe Boll. Did you know, that he has got a doctorate in literature?

He should have gotten a doctorate in film.
stevebugge
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Aug 29 2006, 06:14 AM)

He should have gotten a doctorate in film.

He's saving Cracker Jack UPC's to send in for that one next grinbig.gif
James McMurray
It isn't like Hezbollah is holding guns to people's heads.

In some cases it is. NPR had some interviews yesterday and the day before with some people from a village in Southern Lebanon. They described being forced to stay in their homes and hezbollah militiamen putting rockets with timers in civilian neighborhoods then running away. There was almost a riot this weekend because some people wanted to put up posters of Nasrallah and the people that live in the village told them they couldn't.

Could it be because the western power is the attacker in all of the cases you refer too?

So what you're saying is that either a) Israel is a Western power or b) Israel is the U.S.?

Saying they are responsible for civilian deaths, unless it is a situation were they very specificly put them up as shields and prevent them from leaving after being warned (and yes I know it happens), is sort of like saying they are at fault for trying to stay alive.

Wow. Just wow. If you hide amongst civilians you are using them as shields. That means you are at fault. Sugar coating it with "he wanted to stay alive" doesn't change the fact that you actions cause deaths.
mintcar
a) The term "western power" was the one used by the poster I was answering. I took it as refering to Israel in this instance, though that may not be technicly true.

b) Lets say you were hiding in your girlfriend's house even though you were hunted by mob hitmen. You would be knowingly putting her at risk, but if she was the only one who would cover for you, you might still have done it. It would have been more noble of you to try and make it on your own and run the risk of being spotted while you did your shoping, but if you and your girlfriend were both killed you would not have been held responsible.

When terrorists blow up a coffee shop with suicide bombers, they are responsible. When terrorists force people to stay at sites that have been publicly announced as targets of a bomb raid, they are responsible. When civilians are killed in a bomb raid targeting an appartment building were a terrorist cell has a secret meeting hall in the basement, I would argue that it is in fact very hard to blame the deaths on the terrorist.
James McMurray
if you and your girlfriend were both killed you would not have been held responsible.

I disagree. Perhaps you're not legally responsible, but that doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. Obviously I can't convince you, but that's cool.

I would argue that it is in fact very hard to blame the deaths on the terrorist.

You wouldn't win that argument with me. But I think you already knew that. smile.gif
Smokeskin
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (Smokeskin)

QUOTE (knasser)

There was the threat of the USSR (which had a curiously similar effect in stimulating a with us or against us attitude in the populace and an ideological hatred of the other culture "communism"), but the US passed through that.

I took that as black humour. If by some remote chance you mean it then let me know and I will give my opinion on the usefulness of being able to kill everyone on the planet six times over. Seeing as we can only die once and all... wink.gif

I don't need to hear your opinion on the usefulness of being able kill everyone six times over. It happened, they actually built all those nukes, whether you think it was ridicolous or not.

You're also apparently not aware of what happened in the Soviet. On one front, the cold war was about classic power, who controlled what countries, who had more guns etc. But what most westerners forget is that the Soviets had politics and ideology too. It is for some reason so popular to view the rest of the world as something that just reacts to the west, and that is of course wrong. The Soviets had their marxist ideology, claiming they would eventually defeat the capitalists. Most believed it would be in a some violent event, a combination of the western populations revolting and a large-scale military conflict. By the 80s, it was becoming apparent that this wasn't working out as intended. The US was overtaking the russians in the arms race. Their weapons were becoming much better. It became increasingly difficult for the Soviet hardliners to realistically claim that they would be able to defeat the capitalists - capitalism was getting stronger and spreading. They could no longer claim they were stronger, and also their ideology were being defeated. After the fall, several Party members have pointed at the Star Wars programme as the final nail in the coffin. This weakening of the hardliners was what let the reformists get to power and that eventually led to the fall of USSR.

QUOTE (Smokeskin)
they adopted the proper response to someone wanting to destroy you - you develop a with us or against us attitude, and you fight with any means possible. You root out their supporters from your culture

This philosophy is exactly that of the Islamic radical that wants to have a war with the "West". The vast majority of Islam does not want a war. The vast majority of Islam wants to carry on living normally and peacefully. But it appears that there is 'someone wanting to destroy them.' And with each new threat from the US and the UK, the peaceful are forced a little more towards a "with us or against us" attitude which you describe as the proper response. And the rooting out of supporters which you also describe as proper, equates to the condeming of US and UK "apologists" that try to seek diplomatic solutions with the US. Presumably, you do not see this as a good thing, so how can this radicalisation be proper for one party but not the other?

Let's use that logic on Nazi Germany. The vast majority of Germans probably didn't want war. They didn't want to get bombed to bits and invaded. The majority probably just wanted to live normally and peacefully. Unfortunately, a minority chose to pose a threat to the world around them and so the majority got war and bombs. That's unfortunate, but it couldn't really happen any other way (well, the rest of Europe could've been free from arguments like yours, skipped the Appeasement policy, attacked Germany early and saved millions upon millions of lives).

Our enemies (which doesn't include the average Muslim or the vast majority of Islam or whatever you call it, I'm talking about the leaders of rogue states, terrorist organisations etc.) get their very power from the conflict with the West. This makes diplomacy impossible, because we don't have anything to offer them that won't mean they lose their power. The Mujahedin are only of any use if there is an enemy to fight - making peace means they lose their power, their positions of leadership, their respect from the people. Hezbollah only exists to destroy Israel, if they make peace with Israel Nasrallah stops being the head of a powerful organisation - he gets to be a normal man, at best a regular member of Parliament (or whatever they have in Lebanon). Arafat held his position of power because of the conflict with Israel, a 2-state solution would mean he lost his power and influence, that he had had to establish a regular government where he wouldn't be the dictator and where he couldn't siphon billions to his personal accounts. On top of that, most of them probably really, truly hate our guts.

I'm not really sure what you're saying about supporters and apologists - in my definition supporters are people who actively support terrorism, terrorist organisations, fundamentalists etc.. People trying to reach diplomatic solutions or who think that the war on terror is going to far are not supporters. They have different political opinions, and some of them are IMO indirectly causing a lot of harm, but there's a lot of difference between me thinking someone is wrong and someone actually doing wrong.

You ask how the radicalisation can be proper for one party and not another - that is something you brought up, this idea that I have to define their actions as wrong to justify going against them, and because of that moral stand I can't choose to respond with the same actions. If someone tries to shoot me, I shoot back. I do it in the interest of self preservation - morality doesn't figure into it.
mintcar
You're also apparently not aware of what happened in the Soviet. On one front, the cold war was about classic power, who controlled what countries, who had more guns etc. But what most westerners forget is that the Soviets had politics and ideology too. It is for some reason so popular to view the rest of the world as something that just reacts to the west, and that is of course wrong. The Soviets had their marxist ideology, claiming they would eventually defeat the capitalists. Most believed it would be in a some violent event, a combination of the western populations revolting and a large-scale military conflict. By the 80s, it was becoming apparent that this wasn't working out as intended. The US was overtaking the russians in the arms race. Their weapons were becoming much better. It became increasingly difficult for the Soviet hardliners to realistically claim that they would be able to defeat the capitalists - capitalism was getting stronger and spreading. They could no longer claim they were stronger, and also their ideology were being defeated. After the fall, several Party members have pointed at the Star Wars programme as the final nail in the coffin. This weakening of the hardliners was what let the reformists get to power and that eventually led to the fall of USSR.

That's more like it. If this is what you meant by "thwarting", I give you right. Though I think you should have mentioned the reformists from the beginning. What I don't understand is why you mentioned rooting out sympatizers and fostering a "us and them mentality" as a proper reaction to Sovjet's challange. I think that most of the communists that lost their jobs were just regular marxists with no real connection to Sovjet. And the reformists could never have brought about the fall of the union if relations with USA were not as good as they were in the end. I don't see how hatemongering helped what was ultimately a reconciliation (combined with an ideological and technological victory like you say).
Smokeskin
I live in a country where a lot of the politicians thought the Americans were the aggressors. They more or less supported the USSR - at best they viewed them as having the right idea but wrong implementation, at worst they actively cooperated with the Russians. Many of them had been on "educational" stays in USSR. They had the majority vote for the larger part of the cold war. Support for NATO was far from given, at several times the majority voted for policies that went counter to NATO, and they certainly didn't support any sort of military built up. Like today, anti-Americanism was widespread and America was considered the source of the cold war conflict.

If the US had not rooted communism from their society, they may have ended up with the same composition of political views as we have in Western Europe. That would have effectively meant that no effective counter would've been mounted against USSR. We all know how exceptionally brutal and imperialistic the USSR was, without the determined opposition from the US the world hadn't stood a chance. Most likely the communists would've gained control over the entire world except North America, Western Europe and perhaps Australia, and at that point it would only have been a question of whether the rest surrendered peacefully or it would mean WW3. The USSR military doctrine was downright scary - they certainly didn't believe in mutually assured destruction, and they didn't care what the losses would be as long as they ended up winning.
James McMurray
America: We're there to pull your ass out of the fire when you need us.

Even if sometimes we are the ones that put you there
eidolon
James McMurray: He's there to put the annoying jingoism back into living in the United States.
biggrin.gif
James McMurray
I gotta throw the fibbies off my track somehow. Acting like Stephen Colbert but serious might stop them from raiding my old lady sex sweat shops.
eidolon
Nice. biggrin.gif
mintcar
I realize that there needs to be hard-ass powerplayers with one track-minds stuck in the middle ages who keep the rich part of the world on the winning side. I don't think any different constalation of states would be any more fair if they were in our place. But I will use my vote to influence people in power in the free world to use our power with as much responsibility as possible.

I guess it's the job of people like Smokeskin to keep us from growing too soft. But I think that we are very far from it.

<this post has been heavily edited>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012