Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *POW* *KRAK*
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
BitBasher
Aaaah... mmkay. This place is big on cardio and conditioning, they offer full cardio kickboxing classes you can attend for free by signing up for the martial arts, and the instructors encourage you to do so. I always thought half the point of doing this crap was to get you in shape in the first place.
Siege
That falls into the "how realistic are your expectations?"

Americans are bad about wanting the end objective and not wanting to put the work forward. I mean, my god, how many "quick weight loss" pills, programs and whatnot exist?

Bloody hell, we've pioneered medical techniques to avoid sweating (stomach stapling for pity's sake).

People look at magazine models and think, "Damn, I want (insert body part here) like that! I _deserve_ a body like that!" Sure, now go sweat at the gym, adopt a high protein diet to carve your overall body fat to tiny percentages.

"Oh, I have to sweat? And exercise? And change my 'lazy ass on the couch' lifestyle? Never mind."

People believe that "Oh, if I learn this secret ninja technique, I can be the biggest bad-ass on the block" and not realize that while technique is useful, you need to be able to employ it effectively. And that requires physical ability.

-Siege
BitBasher
Yeah, but I mean martial arts without regular full contact (NOT point sparring) is like ording a bowl of lard with a diet coke to lose weight.

The only way ot actually works is experience, just running drills does next to nothing IMHO. In SR terms its liek the difference between a knowledge skill and an active skill. Knowing how to punch does you absolutely nothing if you cannot apply it when it matters.

The only real way I know of to be able to react when someone swings on you is to have someone swing on you. Technique line's dont cut it because they are controlled and predictable. They teach the motion, which is important to some degree, but not the application which is far more important. To learn adaptibility someone has to fight in scenario where they are unfamiliar, and there is the element of chaos.

I know im saying this badly.

I think it boild down to the fact that if you ever have to consciously think about doing a move you're screwed. The moves just need to happen when the moves need to happen. You shouldn't think "I'm going to do this" before you do it. To be sucessful you need to think "That's what I did" after it's over.

Maybe I just have unrealistic expectations... I don't know I just find this all very surprising.

[edit]
siege I agree with you, I guess that people should realize that you get out of what you put into things. There are no shortcuts for Martial Arts.
[/edit]
Siege
Oooh, oooh...we get to shatter your illusions!

Whee!

No, seriously. Have you ever gone to the range, fired a handgun and then giggled at the latest Hollywood action flick?

Now, imagine listening to people who base their expectations of police officers from their firearm experience garnered at the local theatre.

Anyone who has fired a handgun knows that "aiming for the leg" while someone is rushing at you with a steel pipe just isn't going to happen. Not while keeping your head intact at any rate.

The parallel I'm trying to make is that people who don't actually experience the event rarely have a realistic understanding about what is actually involved -- martial arts is no different.

You made a wonderful example -- why the hell are you ordering a diet coke with a super-sized cheese burger and fries? If you enjoy the taste (bleeeaarggh), that's one thing. If you think it's because you're trying to make a healthy start...you've got season passes to de Nile (denial joke).

-Siege
BitBasher
No, seriously. Have you ever gone to the range, fired a handgun and then giggled at the latest Hollywood action flick?
Actually I laugh every time I see someone shoot accurately from 50 yards while sprinting in a movie. I grew up with guns, I have a fairly bad hearling loss because my dad never had me wear ear protection shooting as a kid =P

Anyone who has fired a handgun knows that "aiming for the leg" while someone is rushing at you with a steel pipe just isn't going to happen. Not while keeping your head intact at any rate.
That's actually an official policy here, I work for the LVMPD. If you fire a weapon at a suspect, you aim to kill. period. If you don't want to kill them then don;t fire a gun at them.

The parallel I'm trying to make is that people who don't actually experience the event rarely have a realistic understanding about what is actually involved -- martial arts is no different.
But the movie industry is making fiction, these martial arts schools are telling theres people they can defend themselves and giving them almost none of the tools to do so I think that's just beyond messed up. In fact, I think that's prett different... That's almost fraud in my opinion. From what I hear these people have no realistic understading of the situation, and the "school" they go to is blowing smoke up their ass and taking their cash. It would be like wanting to learn NASCAR driving and haing them teach you exclusively on a Playstation then telling you you're good to go. I don't see how they can do that.

[edit]
This does explain some things though I guess...
[/edit]
Backgammon
QUOTE (BitBasher)
Yeah, but I mean martial arts without regular full contact (NOT point sparring) is like ording a bowl of lard with a diet coke to lose weight.

The only way ot actually works is experience, just running drills does next to nothing IMHO. In SR terms its liek the difference between a knowledge skill and an active skill. Knowing how to punch does you absolutely nothing if you cannot apply it when it matters.

The only real way I know of to be able to react when someone swings on you is to have someone swing on you. Technique line's dont cut it because they are controlled and predictable. They teach the motion, which is important to some degree, but not the application which is far more important. To learn adaptibility someone has to fight in scenario where they are unfamiliar, and there is the element of chaos.

I know im saying this badly.

I think it boild down to the fact that if you ever have to consciously think about doing a move you're screwed. The moves just need to happen when the moves need to happen. You shouldn't think "I'm going to do this" before you do it. To be sucessful you need to think "That's what I did" after it's over.

That's what I'm talking about when I say I wouldn't try my capoeira in a street fight. I've never fought with contact. I've never been hit (minus a few exceptions). I have never hit someone. So I completely agree you cannot use a martial art as a "weapon" unless your school practises actual contact fights. I'm actually considering going to an Ultimate Fighting school a friend goes to just so I can take a few real hits and give out a few ones myself, just for the experience.

But that doesn't mean (to use your good example) that I have a knowledge skill of capoeira rather than an active. I don't think about doing my moves (the ones I know, anyway). I merely act. In the roda (capoeira fights), even though there is no contact, the motions are still there. When that kick comes in, you have to react. It's not a kick aimed to injure you, but you still have to dodge it. Or respond with another kick, then gracefully crouch and backflip, or whatever combo. The "active skill" is still acquired.
Siege
I'll do you one step better -- do you want to take bets on whether or not these instructors have given any thought to what they're doing?

Or are they going through the motions and just haven't had their illusions punctured yet?

-Siege
BitBasher
I have to believe theres no simple answer for that. I think some of them obviously believe themselves, while others are just out for the cash, its human nature.
krishcane
Yeah, obviously it's going to vary from school to school. I'm not sure it's wise to make any general statements, because the world is a very big place. There are plenty of MA teachers who are just glorified dance instructors, and there are lunatic-fringe ex-commandos barely restraining sadistic urges, and there are intelligent combat veterans experimenting with what works best, and so on and on.

It's always good to make that "experience" vs "theoretical knowledge" distinction for any activity with serious consequences (driving, flying, fighting, etc.)

With combat training, you always have to balance accessibility of training with conditioning concerns. If you make it really physically tough, you get tough students, but you also limit the people who can receive the benefits of training to a small audience -- predominantly young males who have jobs allowing them to be bruised and bloodied in their off-hours. If you make it tooooo accessible, so as to include ever person you can possibly find, then you make the training useless. There's that magical "just right" that experienced instructors can find, to actually grow students close to their peak potential without breaking them, burning them out, or scaring them off.

The instructors themselves will probably need to have been put through some intense experiences several times, to get the proper perspective. It helps to have a few years of life, as well as martial arts, under your belt.

--K
Wish
I think you guys are being a bit general in slamming MA instructors. The first thing that my instructor made clear was that he was teaching us how to practice a sport, with rules and formalisms. He wasn't trying to teach us to defend ourselves from people intent on doing us real harm. There are competent instructors out there who make these distinctions clear. Any improvment to our ability to defend ourselves occured incidentally by improving our general fitness and athleticism.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Wish)
There are competent instructors out there who make these distinctions clear.

Yes, there are. They I respect, though I can't say I'd be inclined to choose a school like that.
It's the incompetent ones who teach a sport and claim it to be self-defense that I don't respect.

~J the martial arts nazi
Siege
Generalizations do not indict all possible candidates.

As Bit pointed out, there are good and bad instructors. It's the bad instructors that make me nervous.

However, one rarely feels the need to rant about intelligent and competent instructors.

-Siege
Kagetenshi
Not true. We had an intelligent, competent instructor who would every so often decide that tonight we were going to work on our jumping spinning outside crescent kicks.
We ranted about him a lot.

~J
Siege
You will note I did say "rarely." grinbig.gif

-Siege
Rock-Steady
My Kung-Fu is better than your Kung-Fu.

'Nuff said....
BitBasher
My God can beat up your God. biggrin.gif
Siege
I found my savior...he was just hanging around somewhere.

-Siege
Lilt
Well I've not done much in the way of martial arts (I got my first belts in Shukokai Karate and Ju-Jitsu then stopped for exams and didn't start them up again) but out of those two I can't really say which one I preferred. Ju-Jitsu started with throws before learning strikes and Shukokai emphasized Strikes moving to throws at a later belt.

Ju-Jitsu claimed to be good for self-defense (with throws and locks) but I doubt it would work that well in reality (where not everyone wears an easy-to-grab & durable Gi). The first lesson where we were taught several ways to kill/disable people was fun though.

Karate said that the best defence was the ability to move and maintain a good offence (Not like the hard styles like shotokan) and actually taught us to punch and kick.

Tai-Chi looks interesting too (as a martial art rather than the hippy meditation technique it's known as) but I doubt I'll ever learn it.

Shadowrun-wise; I'm a full mage enthusiast and if there's one threat to a projecting character then it's packs of spirits/mages. I'd have to go for one with whirling and (preferably) the ability to combine it with edged weapons so I can use a weapon focus too... Pentjack-Silat it is then.
Cain
edit: Siege, the ability to defend myself means the ability to cause sufficiently massive harm to an opponent quickly enough to prevent them from causing harm to me. In some cases, this means the ability to cause rapid death to the opponent, though that should not be a desired outcome.
Do I pass?

No, but you get an A for effort. The ability to defend oneself means the ability to make an escape from an opponent. In some cases, this may involve harming or killing the other guy before he can harm you, but in most cases it involves swallowing enough pride to evade the situation.

Let me tell you my favorite TKD idiot story. I was living in a boarding house, and one of my housemates was a TKD instructor who constantly belittled my style. Finally, one winter night, I became totally fed up. He had been telling me how weak my hand techniques were, and how powerful kicks were in every situation. I gave him a long stare, and said: "Ok, that's it. You're coming outside with me."

We walked outside, and I stood us on a large patch of ice. I looked him in the eye-- no stance, just a look-- and told him to try and take me down with a kick. He began to bluster: "Oh, of course I wouldn't do that, I wouldn't want to hurt you--"

I cut him off. "You don't get it. In five seconds, I'm going to take your head off. Either start kicking, or shut up and back the hell off."

Needless to say, he backed off. He kept up the bluster, but the audience (the rest of the housemates) knew how full of hot air he was.

Now, I have to admit, that was a very dumb move on my part. While I'm more than reasonably certain I could have beaten him, it goes contrary to the principles of self-defense to start a situation like that. However, it got him to shut up, which meant he wasn't giving martial arts a bad name anymore-- worth the personal risk, in my mind.
Kagetenshi
I perhaps should've explained my definition of opponent. Unless I feel the fight has already begun, I don't have an opponent, I just have an annoying person.

~J
Siege
I'd classify that as "situational awareness" and being aware enough to avoid trouble.

Which is as important a factor in overall "self defense" as knowing how to stomp on the bridge of an attacker's foot.

But it still illustrates issues that people don't realize what _may_ be involved in a hand-to-hand situation.

-Siege
Dim Sum
BitBasher, it's actually quite uncommon these days to find schools that emphasize a physical training regimen in addition to the technical training. That's what Siege and I were getting at when we spoke about muay thai fighters being superior in one sense as a result of their intense physical training. So, yeah, your school is unusual in that respect.

The previous MAs that I tried didn't emphasize physical conditioning as much as I thought they should - they did "light workouts" as Siege puts it. My [/I]ogju[I] dojo was completely different: our training sessions were 3 hours long each time - 1.5 hours of physical conditioning (200 sit-ups, 200 push-ups, cardiovascular work-out that would put Jane Fonda to shame, lying on the floor while getting stamp-kicked in the stomach by our sensei, etc.) followed by 1.5 hours of fight training. People not used to such intense workouts who joined the dojo would invariably get dizzy, pass out, puke, etc. - I shit you not. The idea was condition the body over time so that it could handle stress like that when necessary (like running away from an attacker or attackers and fighting after a prolonged chase if necessary).

Krishcane is right in one thing - this limited the accessibility of the dojo (as I said, the attrition rate among newbies ran about 90%) BUT it meant that everyone there was realistic about what to expect and what they were there to do.
Dim Sum
I'm speaking from the distinct bias of my own school, of course, but at the place where I trained he would not have been considered to have deserved a black belt.

That's only too true of many people out there with black belts in this or that. I mean, I see 12-year-olds with black belts and I wonder how on earth their instructors can justify that without making a distinction between, say, black belts for kids and black belts for grown-ups! eek.gif

To me being a black belt implies a few things:

1) fairly good combat ability
2) the ability to continue one's own training effectively alone or at different schools; the ability to effectively incorporate new techniques without being shown how to do it by an instructor
3) the ability to judge one's own combat ability, not assume that one's belt will dazzle and amaze people so much that they will fall down at a punch.

Well, as you've said, you speak in reference to your own school. To me, anyone bragging about his/her black belt is full of it until I've seen with my own eyes what he/she is capable of or unless they're referring to their Armani/Gucci fashion accessory. biggrin.gif

In my dojo, a black belt merely signifies that you're ready to learn, to be a student (I'm serious!), that you are now teachable. All the other colours before that just show your progression as a novice. Anyone of a higher grade bragging about their "rank" was quickly disciplined by their seniors or sensei to remind them to respect novices as much as their peers.

Each school is different so I don't expect much these days from people yakking about how good they are or what belts they have. I'll take them at face value and reserve my judgement till I've seen them in action. wink.gif (I think this topic has been covered in another thread so won't get into it)
Kagetenshi
Theres a reason why black belt is the first of the dan rankings. It isn't the top ranking, oh no, it just represents the first of the rankings no longer covered by kyu, or beginner.
Our school didn't use dan rankings, which I like. I think once one gets to that point one has hopefully gained the experience and earned the right to judge oneself.
And yes, with very few exceptions any upper-rank belt held by anyone under 16 is almost assuredly a joke.

~J
Drain Brain
Okay... to regress the format to the original a bit...

In SR, my combat of choice is Brawling. Raagh...

In RL, my chosen style is the mightiest form EVER invented. The ULTIMATE style... RUN FU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I run away, as fast as my very long, very muscular legs will carry me (They have to be muscular, given I'm overweight... wink.gif ).

If running is not an option, I resort to the tried and tested Jock-Fu. This obscure Scottish martial art consists entirely of Bear Hugs, Head Butts, Straight Punches and kicks to the crown jewels. Some hair pulling and ear biting may also be involved at the aggressor's discression.

wink.gif
Lucyfersam
Personally, I have to go with weapon based martial arts. I've spent many years in Tae Kwon Do, dabbled in Hap Ki Do (my joints just couldn't take it), and am currently studying Kum Do (korean sword art) and Hyup Do (sword spear). The weapon based arts just in sheer enjoyment win out over the hand to hand, sure the hand to hand may be more practical for self defense or whatever, but being a male living in the middle of Iowa it's pretty unlikely I'm going to need to do any significant self defense, so I'll go with the weapons.
This is actually one thing that really bugs me about the martial arts rules, there are a few that allow you to learn techniques with weapons after you've learned them unarmed, but there are no ruless for just learning weapon arts. Due to this we've allowed people to design the weapon based arts based on the design of the unarmed arts, and find that it works quite well.
Shadow
QUOTE (Lucyfersam @ Oct 23 2003, 06:24 PM)

This is actually one thing that really bugs me about the martial arts rules, there are a few that allow you to learn techniques with weapons after you've learned them unarmed, but there are no ruless for just learning weapon arts.  Due to this we've allowed people to design the weapon based arts based on the design of the unarmed arts, and find that it works quite well.

I don't know if it's like this for all martail arts or just the Karate that I studied. You didn't learn weapons untill you were a brown belt. You perfected your basics and the art first before adding weapons.

With out some form of martial discipline very few people can just pick up a sword and start learning it imho.
Siege
Actually, at least one martial art advocates learning weapons first to help better understand the unarmed techniques.

In addition, Filipino styles, arnis/escrima will also teach you armed techniques first.

-Siege
BitBasher
I believe kenpo starts weapons at green/brown, byt the only weapons we pick up are sticks/knives.
John Campbell
QUOTE (Shadow)
With out some form of martial discipline very few people can just pick up a sword and start learning it imho.

My experience indicates this to be incorrect. It is easier to teach someone who's had experience with an unarmed marital art (especially a striking art) to use a sword, but that's just because they'll have already had the basics, and the basics transfer pretty much universally. It works the other way around, too... someone who's competent with a sword will have a much easier time learning unarmed arts because they will already know the basics of movement, balance, power generation, and so on. You can learn the basics just as easily with a sword in your hand as without.
Kagetenshi
A strike is a strike no matter what it's with. There are degrees to which this is true (for instance, knifeuse is nigh-identical to hand-to-hand in many ways, while, say, three-sectional-staff-use can be difficult to see the link between HTH and it), but in general it's the case.

~J
Cain
In RL, my chosen style is the mightiest form EVER invented. The ULTIMATE style... RUN FU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh. biggrin.gif

*points at title* wavey.gif

You have learned well, Grasshopper.
John Campbell
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
A strike is a strike no matter what it's with. There are degrees to which this is true (for instance, knifeuse is nigh-identical to hand-to-hand in many ways, while, say, three-sectional-staff-use can be difficult to see the link between HTH and it), but in general it's the case.

Aye. This is one of the things that greatly irritates me about Shadowrun melee combat (it's fighting it out with the totally irrational division of the melee weapon skills for the top spot). It should be possible to default from most of the armed combat skills to Unarmed Combat, and vice versa, and it isn't.
Drain Brain
You have learned well, Grasshopper.

notworthy.gif Yes Master...
krishcane
The defaulting-between-weapons argument is the same one the gun guys use, ie. Why is it a different skill to fire an AK-47 instead of an Uzi instead of a Mossberg? Game balance is probably the thing there. I'm sure you recall, it used to be "Firearms", "Armed Combat", and "Unarmed Combat".

Here's another take you could use with this: The rigger rules provide in the Handling target number mods table a "+2 for an unfamiliar vehicle". They figure -- sure Car skill covers everything with wheels, but if you're used to sports cars and now you're driving a U-Haul truck, it might be a little different. You might make some mistakes. Therefore, they just say, "If you're unfamiliar, take a +2". Then they leave it open to interpretation of what you're familiar with.

You could do the same thing with weapons. Granted, you'd have to have good roleplaying or it would be an argument session, but there's nothing wrong with saying, "This character has Armed Combat 6, but he's only ever used swords and spears." Now his skill applies to other stuff, but at a +2 until he gets some experience in with it.

--K

Edit: Here's another gripe: Why can't I use two-weapon rules for my unarmed style? If I'm ambidextrous and have carefully trained all my movements to work equally well on both left and right sides of my body, isn't that an advantage? Further, I know that a guy with a knife who focuses on using his knife is not nearly as good as the guy with a knife who is also willing to grab or punch with his off-hand, or kick a person in the shins to make an opening for his knife.... so shouldn't there be Edged + Off-Hand Unarmed? smile.gif
Siege
Say it with me: game balance.

wobble.gif

-Siege
krishcane
Yep, the usual argument : should there be an objective universe, or a fair universe? People love to imagine the latter, when in reality, the former is where we live.

It's okay, though. It's just a game! smile.gif

--K
Siege
Shhhh!

Don't say that too loudly -- personal injury lawyers everywhere just wet themselves.

On second thought, do it again. grinbig.gif

-Siege
John Campbell
QUOTE (krishcane)
The defaulting-between-weapons argument is the same one the gun guys use, ie. Why is it a different skill to fire an AK-47 instead of an Uzi instead of a Mossberg?  Game balance is probably the thing there.  I'm sure you recall, it used to be "Firearms", "Armed Combat", and "Unarmed Combat". 

Note that I'm not complaining about the skills being divided up. I'm complaining about the method of division making no sense... Clubs and Edged Weapons are the primary offenders. They end up dividing weapons that handle very similarly into different skills, and lumping very different weapons all into the same skill. A sammy's Edged Weapons skill doesn't cover the bokken he uses to practice katana, but it works with knives and battleaxes just fine. Maces and hand axes handle more like each other than either of them do like swords, yet one is Clubs and the other is lumped into Edged with swords... and even the mace (Clubs) is more similar to a sword (Edged) than a knife (also Edged) is.

My house-rule solution was to divide the melee weapon skills into Knives, Single-Hand Weapons, and Great Weapons... these are basically the Reach 0, 1, and 2+ weapons, respectively, and regardless of whether they're bludgeoning or cutting weapons. I also included a category of hand-and-a-half weapons - the katana, bastard sword, combat axe, and similar weapons - that can be used with either Single-Hand or Great Weapons without penalty. Using Great Weapons with them gives you the +1 Power bonus for two-handed use; using Single-Hand doesn't, but allows use of an off-hand weapon or whatnot. (I also rule that the katana is assumed to be used two-handed, and already has that Power bonus factored in, so it's (Str+2)M Power when you use it with Single-Hand, just like any other sword... that's a different argument, though.)

And I put all of these in the same default group along with Unarmed Combat and Cyber-implant Combat, so that someone who's learned how to hit people in the face with a sword in his hand can figure out that the exact same move is effective if he hits them with his empty fist instead (though not as effective... there's something to be said for having a large piece of sharpened metal to hit people with biggrin.gif), and vice versa.
Halloween Jack
QUOTE (k1tsune)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Oct 21 2003, 11:34 AM)
I hate it when people who don't deserve their belts get them.

~J

Like me? But they took mine away 'cause I took an.. extended haitus. Yep. I am lame and proud of it.

Contrary to common knowledge, there is no way to "take away" someone's black belt.
Kagetenshi
She was ranked as a black. She went away, she came back. They ranked her as an upper red.
So unless you argue that she never really was a black in the first place, yes, they did take it away. They probably didn't actually physically take her belt, but the rank was taken from her.

~J
REM
martial art
my favorite?
that would be the one where i beet the living shit out of people trying to hurt me or my friends
this aplies to every thing
i dont relly use a specific form though
its more of a collection of moves that ive picked up
from various places and people
and in an actual fight i kind lose all semblance of sanity and tend to use lots of grappling moves and holds as well as knocking people unconcious with my head
those people who have seen me fight said it was like watching a crazed beast
this kind of fighting works only because you become highly unpredidctible
an irrational opponent almost never does what you expect

also hitting walls is indeed a good training exercise
i try not to do it to much at once as having bloddy fists would make people think i was angry at some thing
but when im angry i prefer to hit things that give like some ones face
Drain Brain
ohplease.gif

I burp at my opponents and make strange gurgling noises. I occasionally do a dance and play with my nipples. This has the combined effect of convincing them that I am a loon and am therefore highly unpredictable. They will not fight me because I may try to hump their legs or something.

No wall hitting or pain involved.

Sweet. wink.gif
Kagetenshi
Wall hitting doesn't hurt unless you do it wrong.

~J
Siege
Which is easier than doing it right.

-or-

Not if you do it with someone else's body part...

I couldn't decide which snappy witticism best fit.

-Siege
Diesel
Gun fu is my personal favorite. Makes distance strike look like some two-bit yuppie workout.

If you want hand to hand, I think just roughing it on the streets is one of the best courses of action you can undertake. Krav Maga isn't half bad either, but experience is the one good teacher.
Tziluthi
And for those of you who have read the Munchkin's Guide to power gaming there's also the ancient British martial art of Boo-Tin.

p.s. after 6 months of Jujitsu, yesterday I did a double grading and rose to 7th kyu (orange belt). Which prompts me to ask, just out of curiosity, in what order are the belts coloured in your martial art?

For Bushi Kempo Academy Jujitsu, it's yellow, orange, green, purple, blue, brown, red, then black.
Slamm-O
wall hitting doesnt hurt if you do it right? i have broken my hand twice on walls (when you hit a reinforced wall/beam. I have boxed for awhile and so i am confident i can throw a good punch. The fact of the matter is you throw your ahnd at something hard with a lot of force and it will hurt.

maybe it has to do with the fact that what you punched wasnt that hard (did you go through it?) or that you didnt punch it hard enough, after all it seems like basic sense, if you take a stick and start applying pressure to the top of it while the bottom is in the ground, eventually it will break, the hand is just 5 such constructs, enough pressure and one will break. After all bones arent so strong that men cant muster enough strength to break them.
Fortune
QUOTE (Tziluthi @ Oct 26 2003, 11:57 AM)
...the Munchkin's Guide to power gaming...

I just picked this up upon recommendation from a friend, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. biggrin.gif
Siege
It's fun for giggles -- especially if you know people who could have been models for the book.

-Siege
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012