Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you want the Shadowrun game to do well?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Adam
A lot of that stuff is certainly on the TODO list for before the computer game launches.

BTW, since Google results are partially based on how many other sites reference a given site, Shadowrun fans can help keep the Shadowrun RPG high in the Google results list compared to the computer game simply by linking to the ShadowrunRPG site -- link it from the side of your blog, your main website, etc.
Kagetenshi
What computer RPG? wink.gif

~J
Shrike30
Glad to hear it. Thanks, Adam.
Adam
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
What computer RPG? wink.gif

whups. edited.
IcyCool
I'm hoping it does well. Aside from the twin fingernails-on-chalkboard that are teleporting and resurrection, it doesn't look entirely craptastic. I can deal with newbies coming to my gaming table wanting to teleport. At least they're coming to the gaming table.

BTW, it's been a while since I posted here, 2003 by the looks of it. It's good to be back and to see that at least some of the inmates are still here. wink.gif
Sir_Psycho
All raping of the license aside, I never held much faith in any videogame conversion of the Shadowrun universe.

And regardless of the disregard for SR canon, I poked around the www.shadowrun.com site, read a bit, had a look at the screenshots, and the game looks pretty crap to me. Even if it wasn't behind the Shadowrun license, I wouldn't buy it.

It did annoy me that there's barely any mention of the shadowrun rpg on the site, and I was very hard pressed to find any links.

First of all, I think the game is going to be a flop. Bad reviews and mediocre sales. And looking at the limited cross-promotion by Microsoft, it's not going to attract many to the pen and paper game. Especially not the casual gamer, who is the target audience for shallow games like this.
Mortax
I'm abit on the fence on this one, but I voted for it to succeded. Most of the people who worked on it had no say in how it was made. I will simply restate what I have before. I would rather have seen a game based more along the Fallout tactics engine, or perhapse Vampire: Bloodlines. One of these days if I have time I may try to write a mod for one of those games...
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Mortax)
Most of the people who worked on it had no say in how it was made.

The same was true of Gigli.

~J
Mortax

true, again, I had no desire to see it fail. Doesn't mean I'm gonna watch it. smile.gif

Lindt
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (Mortax @ Dec 19 2006, 08:14 PM)
Most of the people who worked on it had no say in how it was made.

~J

*cringe* Ouch...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012