Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ties That Bind
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Trigger
This is the OOC thread for Ties that Bind, roll your dice, confer among yourselves OoC and whatnot here. biggrin.gif
Thanee
Runner Line-Up
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
The way to get out of Fargo is up to you. There are a few major highways crossing in Fargo and the airport is always an option. You can check out a map of Fargo at:
Fargo Google Map

Thanee
Hey, hey! smile.gif

How do you want the posts to look like (the time/place header in each post)?

And are we planning to take a plane? In that case, there will be quite a bit of equipment, we surely cannot get through there... though I have an idea, how to get that to our destination. smile.gif

I want to run a campaign based around a group of runners that started in a small time sprawl, real small time like Fargo, UCAS. Well, the runners have made a name for themselves there as a good team (for Fargo) but recently have come into the sights of the powers that be and must leave Fargo for somewhere with a bit more shadows to hide in. In their new sprawl they must make a name for themselves, get ingrained in the new shadow community and hopefully survive all of the things that will try and tear them apart. This will start with the escape from Fargo to Seattle and go from there.

Do we know anything else beyond what is here and in the IC about this whole situation?

I was under the impression, that we start at a point, where we already have decided pretty much, that the only way to proceed is to move away, and was using that as a baseline. smile.gif

Just asking, so we are, you know, heading into the same direction. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Digital Heroin
Buscemi's all for cutting and running, he's just putting up a front. Last thing he wants to entertain the possibility of is the Vory being onto him.
amra28
I am just role-playing. All Halfpast needs is evidence that it is time to bug out.
Trigger
Thanee-

I simply like to maintain the facade of appearing to allow the players a choice in the matter while subtly pushing them where I want them to go. biggrin.gif cool.gif nyahnyah.gif
Digital Heroin
Buscemi's seeking out local charter companies... and ouch: One Success, Glitched

Hell of a roll to start out with, eh. sarcastic.gif
Trigger
There is one local charter company that you come up with right, a small charter company by the name of Trotsky Flights. biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
Oh now that's just evil... nyahnyah.gif Damn glitch just had to give him a company that's likely a Vory front.
Trigger
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
Oh now that's just evil... nyahnyah.gif Damn glitch just had to give him a company that's likely a Vory front.

Me? Evil? embarrassed.gif biggrin.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (amra28)
I am just role-playing.

I'm not complaining. smile.gif

All Halfpast needs is evidence that it is time to bug out.

Just wondering, if we already know this (that was my assumption, without it having been said, though). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Digital Heroin
I'll be posting as soon as I get off of work, which thanks to being ten minutes late is going to end up six hours after everyone else... joy...
Trigger
Ouch, that sucks man, sorry to hear it. I have to go into work soon now too, going in for a short closing shift, then I will be back to see what has happened.
Thanee
Some Dice Rolling

[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
Dice Rolling

Spirit of Air- Fear- The Roll 5 Succeses

Biker Goons- Fear Resistance- The Roll No Successes

The Goons flee for 5 rounds.
Thanee
More Dice Rolling

[ Spoiler ]
Thanee
Added the descriptions from the recruiting thread to my first post here, so it's easier to find for reference. smile.gif

Let me know, if anything there should be changed, or if the (half-guessed) archetype tag doesn't quite fit you.

Bye
Thanee
Digital Heroin
Alrighty, dice were a touch less evil this time. No glitches:

[ Spoiler ]

One full span of initiative and he should hopefully have his access, whether it's undetected remains to be seen. If you check the history of Buscemi's rolls in IC you'll not some false rolls. I forgot to add his hacking skill into things.
Trigger
Buscemi-

The system gets to make a free Firewall + Analyze Extended Test (Your Stealth...aka 2)

First Roll-Roll One 1 Success

Second Roll-Second Roll 1 Success

The System goes into Active Alert, raising the Firewall test by +4, making your extended test number 12, meaning on your third you fall 3 short

Connection Termination Test-The Roll- 5 Successes....make an opposed Hacking + Exploit to stay connected to the node
Digital Heroin
The dice, they be hating Buscemi.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=797831
Trigger
Ouch, booted like the skinny italian man in the russian sauna that you were. The Dice Gods hold no love for you right now it seems.
Digital Heroin
Strangely enough I expected as much. I've never had a character in any form who had an easy go of things early in a game.

Hell, I practically start every AD&D session of late with a critical failure, save this last one, where my undead hunting cleric was getting nothing but badass success, but only had to roll will saves.
Trigger
Well, here's to hoping that soon the Gods will shine their favor down on you and this party will escape Fargo intact and not in what could be a Russian death taxi.
MrMiracle
Perception:

[ Spoiler ]

Infiltration:

[ Spoiler ]

Dawna is currently running pistols/infiltration on her skillwires. Her WRs are also back on, with her silenced Colt Manhunter set into her arm slide. Her countdown timer is likewise reset back to a full hour.
Marmot
Damn, lemme get in on this with Improved Invis. on Dawna.

Spellcasting Roll - Force 6 Improved Invis.: 4 net hits

Drain Resist Roll: Improved Invis' DV was 4 for this casting.

Akita'll sustain the spell if it takes on Dawna (i.e: she doesn't resist it).
Trigger
Dawna shouldn't normally resist the spell, since you guys have worked together before and she should be used to the feel of your magic. I like to play by the house rule that once you get to know a friendly mage you get to know the distinct feel of their magic as compared to the castings of others.
Thanee
Good to know. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Trigger
I received a PM from Redjack wanting to know if there was room for another character in this game, and while I have no problem with it, I told him I would pose the question to you, since I believe it is your guys choice on the issue. He wants to bring in a troll adept that would be astrally aware and possibly tied to either Akita or Buscemi. The decision is up to you guys, so let me know how you feel.
Thanee
Sure, no problem with me.

Bye
Thanee
MrMiracle
I don't see any reason why not.
Marmot
I'm cool with it.
Redjack
Cool. I'll wait for the other two players to weigh in before submitting a more complete character.
Thanks for the support so far though!
-rp
amra28
I am fine with it.
Trigger
As long as DH is fine with it, which I can't see him not being for any reason, then I am saying that you, RedJack, are now a part of this group porbationally until DH's accpetance. Get me your character sheet asap and I will get you inot the action after that.
Redjack
Sent it to the hotmail account listed in your profile.

Update
Hmmm... 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

Looking through both the Recruitment and OOC threads I don't see an email address to send him to..?
Thanee
Just use Forum PM.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
I was hoping to send it as a nice neat attachment....
Thanee
Well, you could always load it up onto some filesharing website (or your own) and then send the link via PM. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Trigger
Amra, roll Halfpasts initiative.

Thanee, roll Kerrigan's along with her spirits.

Vory Thugs Roll-Rolling-3 Successes...their initiative is 10
Thanee
A Happy New Year, everyone! (In my time zone it's half past one now.) smile.gif

Kerrigan's Initiative (astral): 6 + 1 = 7 (3 IPs; Glitch)
Spirit of Air's Initiative (physical): 12 + 4 + 3 = 19 (2 IPs)

The spirit is given a combat order, fighting the thugs, concentrating on the one closer to the door first.

Kerrigan simply appears in the room (manifesting there) to distract the thugs with her sudden presence.

Bye
Thanee
Digital Heroin
Rolls go like:

[ Spoiler ]

So provided he locks into the right node, and it's run of the mil, he'll have it within the first round of initiative, and be editing on the second:

[ Spoiler ]

As for new blood, I've got no problem with that.
amra28
Halfpast's initiative is 10
Trigger
Thanee, roll your spirit's attack, and Halfpast roll your attack. The thugs are now moving at initiative 9 because of the confusion you have caused.

DH, good work on adding to the chaos.

RedJack, I will try and get you in asap.
Thanee
Ok. The Spirit will use Engulf on the Thug (#1 near the door). 4 hits.

Defended like every melee attack (Engulf is on p. 287).

Damage is 4S (+melee net hits), resisted with Body only (+ protective gear against inhalation-vector toxin, if any).

Kerrigan uses her first pass to get outside the given route and get back into her body, once it's her turn.

Bye
Thanee
Trigger
Full Dodge Roll - 3 Successes, you have 1 net hit

The Thug resists the attack The Roll- 2 successes.....he takes 3S damage (the engulf power is base DV equal to Spirit's Magic.....so 4S + 1 Net sucess = 5S - 2 resisted)
Thanee
I just realized, that I should have rolled the spirit's physical initiative, of course. smile.gif

Not that it matters, it would only be higher then, and the spirit is already the first to act... changed it above, though, for completeness sake.

Bye
Thanee

P.S. renamed the two Thugs on the 'sketch map' (switched 1 and 2), to match your numbering. wink.gif
amra28
I am figuring that Halfpast can do the following:

Simple Action: Open the door
Simple Action: Sprint

Sprint test = 1Hits
Increases running rate to 27

Halfpast was originally going to attack the man next to the door but when he sees the spirit on that one he will sprint to thug # 2.
Thanee
That's also likely the first one, Halfpast will see, actually, since the other one will be hidden by the door while it swings open. smile.gif

BTW, I doubt you need to sprint... the appartement surely isn't that large. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Trigger
The Second Thug (Thug #2/ The one not being engulfed) fires twice at Halfpast as he rushes him. He is wielding a Filchetti 600 with the laser sight on.

The First Shot- The Roll- 3 Successes

The Second Shot- Roll- eek.gif 5 Successes

The base DV for the shots are 4P.

The First Thug has spent his action going into full defense against the spirit.

And Kerrigan, you return to your body just fine. That and you have to roll your spirit's second IP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012