Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Augmentation Artwork
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ElFenrir
Ok, im not a fan of the textbook cybergirl cover...the style, in general, and the ork doesn't look too hot either. Give me old school again[/grumpy old lady]

However, there is a picture inside the book of the ork or troll family shopping at home. THAT, IMO, is great. biggrin.gif

Particle_Beam
Oh boy, new artwork at the Shadowrun RPG main site for everybody to look. Yay. rotate.gif
Grinder
Sweet. love.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
Oh my. A failed Shrike.
Caine Hazen
yeah, looking good. Can't wait to get this one!
Shinobi Killfist
I still like a lot of the old 80s cartoons but just for different reasons.

The disney line up in the 80s rocked. Duck tales, rescue rangers, tailspin great then and still solid now, though I appreciate it in a totally different way. I totally dug GiJoe back then haven't tracked those down yet to see if I'd still like it, somehow I expect they wouldn't hold up as well.

Speaking of He Man the relatively recent remake cartoon and comics totally rocked. They started off shakey but once they got into the swing of things it was great.

Similarly the current GiJoe comic is a good read.
knasser

Well, well, well. Picture number 4 has someone with Kid Stealth legs. That better mean they're in the book. wink.gif

PDF next week! So good! But they didn't say whether it was near the start of the week or the end of the week. I'm hoping Wednedsay evening because I have a big work thing on that day and the thought of downloading it and not having time to read through it cover to cover is painful. frown.gif
Synner
Well, well, well. Picture number 4 has someone with Kid Stealth legs. That better mean they're in the book.

They are. I think only about 5 items were dropped from SR3, mostly because they were redundant by 2070 standards. On the other hand I think we added upwards of 75 new augmentations spread out among all the major.

And that's not even the biggest coolness about the book in my mind. The best thing IMHO is that every chapter gets a fiction section giving you the low-down on the technologies, their advantages and disadvantages, who the prime industry players are, what's SOTA and what isn't, and why you should care (quite a few adventure seeds) - all from the perspective of Jackpoint regulars and some old friends...
knasser
QUOTE (Synner @ Jul 21 2007, 08:26 AM)
Well, well, well. Picture number 4 has someone with Kid Stealth legs. That better mean they're in the book.

They are. I think only about 5 items were dropped from SR3, mostly because they were redundant by 2070 standards. On the other hand I think we added upwards of 75 new augmentations spread out among all the major.

And that's not even the biggest coolness about the book in my mind. The best thing IMHO is that every chapter gets a fiction section giving you the low-down on the technologies, their advantages and disadvantages, who the prime industry players are, what's SOTA and what isn't, and why you should care (quite a few adventure seeds) - all from the perspective of Jackpoint regulars and some old friends...

So do you people have access to the real time statistics of PDF downloads from Battlecorps, etc., now that the companies are tied? Do you all sit there hitting refresh to see how many copies are sold? That first IP address is going to be mine, btw. wink.gif

EDIT: This sounds very, very good. Can't wait!
Wakshaani
You people, with your "PDFs" and "On Demand product" ... I'm still waiting for Emergence to hit my local game store!

I weep, *weep* for myself!

-- Wak, lowtech, humanities high.
Grinder
Yeah, me too. frown.gif
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Wakshaani)
You people, with your "PDFs" and "On Demand product" ... I'm still waiting for Emergence to hit my local game store!

I weep, *weep* for myself!

-- Wak, lowtech, humanities high.

I'm such an addict I get both.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Synner)

That sounds great virtually all the old plus a heft amount of new. But we still don't know if augmentations made cyberlimbs non-suck. Mechanically they are so bad in the core rules it would of been better not to even have them.
hobgoblin
hey, they tossed in rules for full body cyborgs, and new limb options, so something good have to be in there (i hope).
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist)
That sounds great virtually all the old plus a heft amount of new. But we still don't know if augmentations made cyberlimbs non-suck. Mechanically they are so bad in the core rules it would of been better not to even have them.

I can honestly give that question a confusing and muddled answer. A global fix to cyberlimbs to make them decent and comprehensible would be relatively easy (for example: "capacity limitations no longer apply to cyberlimbs, Orks and Trolls start with limbs that are proportionately tougher and stronger"). But unfortunately, while such a fix would take up less than a paragraph in the book it is also incompatible with the explicit design guidelines that the cybertech chapter author labored under - namely that at no time was the basic book to be contradicted.

The intention behind that restriction is good of course, we don't want the game to descend into Icelandic Law, with people pulling out secret rules that contradict other peoples' secret rules. However, in a case such as this where there is a glaring error it is galling, as you can well imagine.

However, what has been done is to throw in additional cyberlimb options, some of which are worthwhile in some contexts even without fixing the core rules on the matter. Interestingly, if you do fix the basic rule, the new items don't break anything, so assuming for the moment that you have a house rule to make cyberlimbs work at all in your own game, the Augmentation rules can be incorporated without pain. And even if you don't, there are now cases in which a character might actually want a cyberlimb for reasons other than esthetics.

-Frank
Ravor
Well at least that is better then nothing I guess. cyber.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012