Thomas
@Scope_47
[ Spoiler ]
Scope_47
@Thomas
[ Spoiler ]

- Scope_47
Tarantula
First, check what has wireless access, and connect to it if it allows. If they have it, analyze on the terminal, projector, comm, glasses, and earphones. If they don't have wireless, ask permission to use the cables and plug my commlink into them, and use it as a relay to analyze them.
Rolls:
[ Spoiler ]
Thomas
@Tarantula – None of the devices are powered on. The only device that would be wireless capable is the commlink. The trid projector is a projector only, if powered on with no datafeed where will be a brief burst of that funky holostatic before it displays “Signal Error.� The term is an older component type – like a cable-converter of today, old stuff and just as stupid. A visual check would reveal that it isn’t capable of video recording without a peripheral device of that type. The glasses and earphones should be capable of input and output. It appears that whoever put this kit together likes their privacy – that sword cuts both ways.
Knowing this, does Gyre wish to power up and access anything?
Ol' Scratch
Do we have menus? And if so, what are the prices looking like? And again, if so, anything look good on it?
Tarantula
Ask Thompson if a white noise generator is running first. Then power up the commlink, to check it.
Thomas
Doctor Funkenstein – IC information: no mention of a menu yet. OOC information: Five Kings is rated a five star dining experience. Prices – if you have to ask, you can’t afford it. Is Bel going to assense Mr. Thompson – or anyone else for that matter?

Tarantula – When Gyre requests it, Mr. Thompson fumbles with something at the edge of the table, then confirms that the white noise generator is active. As was stated before, the commlink is an older Sony unit, by my definition its stats are Response: 2, Signal: 2. The software that was bundled with it is the software that it uses; Firewall: 2, System: 2. As it is outdated I’ll also lower the TN to 3. As it is the first thing that requires a test I’ll use your first set of rolls, yielding 7 hits. Effectively, you own it. After it boots it goes into passive mode with: Tony Thompson, CAS citizenship and SINlink.
It has; no open connections, no running programs, a blank profile, a contact list with two commcodes and a single passcode, no subscriptions, and one stored file.
The file is unencrypted and appears to be a scrapbook of sorts; a short vid clip of a young ork girl, about 12 or so, in some sort of school uniform, throwing a BrawlBall. A short vid of a human male, late 20’s – early 30’s, picking up a young (5ish?) human boy. A still of Mr. Thompson, a 30ish ork woman, and the human child standing together indoors.

Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Thomas @ Aug 6 2007, 11:57 AM)
Doctor Funkenstein – IC information: no mention of a menu yet. OOC information: Five Kings is rated a five star dining experience. Prices – if you have to ask, you can’t afford it. Is Bel going to assense Mr. Thompson – or anyone else for that matter?

Well we better be getting a menu soon, else you're all going to have a grumpy and hungry mage on your hands. And no one likes a grumpy and hungry mage on their hands, I can tell you that!

And yes, I just wanted to do my post before I moved on to the assensings. I'll PM you with what I'm doing and all that fun stuff.

EDIT: Ooh, scored a critical glitch one of them. Funtimes!
Thomas
Dr. McGuinness has taken a look at each of your characters. Please be kind enough to use the Assensing Table on p. 183 SR4 BBB as a guide for what he ‘sees’. Scope_47: 0 hits; Redjack: 5 hits, Tarantula: 1 hit; Vegas: 3 hits. Please post results here in OOC.
Scope_47
Obviously, with 0 hits, Scope has an aura but you can't glean any information from it.

- Scope_47
Vegas
Dr. F -

[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
5 hits. Is there anything you don't know? Let me start with the 23,319 hairs on his butt... biggrin.gif

[ Spoiler ]
Tarantula
Save the commcodes and passcode. To run searches on the commcodes for later. Gyre will also ask how the vidcon connection will take place, and that he would like to inspect that.

As far as your assensing, Gyre is healthy.
Thomas
Mr. Thompson indicates the edge of the table in front of him. “From the jackpoint, through the term and to the projector.� The old ork looks at the young man, “that’s old school.� He finishes with a grin.
The term and projector have already been described, you notice very inconspicuous jackpoints on the edge of the table in front of each seat. Do you wish to jack in?
Tarantula
Gyre will jack his commlink to the jackpoint, accessing it via the commlinks persona intially. Just to see what the commlink can see on its own. If it looks alright, he'll discon the commlinks persona, and use his commlink to connect his living persona to it via AR and analyze.
[ Spoiler ]
Thomas
@Tarantula
[ Spoiler ]
Thomas
Ok, let’s get all the last minute IC posts done and a “GO� or “NO GO� from everyone and we can move along.
Tarantula
Go from me.
Ol' Scratch
Sorry -- I haven't really felt inspired to be creative, so no more IC posts for me at the moment. I'm ready to move on, though, and can work anything I need to into my next post. So that's a "GO" from me, too.
Redjack
Go from me.
Scope_47
A go from me, but with a caveat...

I'm going to be out of town for a bit (leaving 3:00pm today, eastern time), and I won't have internet access until monday or teusday - at which point I'll catch up with whatever is going on... and I'll be going out of town again on either wednesday or thursday and won't be back until that next monday, at which point I'll catch up again.

So don't expect any posts from me except on Monday and Teusday of the next two weeks smile.gif

If you post the next scene before I leave, I'll try and reply before I go.

- Scope_47
Thomas
And so it continues...
Ol' Scratch
Cripes, Thomas. You totally threw me by actually posting in the IC thread for once! I've been checking this one for your post all weekend. biggrin.gif Sorry for the delay!
Thomas
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Sorry -- I haven't really felt inspired to be creative, so no more IC posts for me at the moment.  I'm ready to move on, though, and can work anything I need to into my next post.  So that's a "GO" from me, too.

Heh, heh, heh.
Do you feel inspired now, Doc?

You totally threw me by actually posting in the IC thread for once!

Isn’t it a GMs job to keep the players guessing? silly.gif

@All – If everyone else is comfortable with Rock handling the negotiations, just give me a ‘GO’, otherwise work it out here or in IC.
Ol' Scratch
I'm fine with Rock doing all the talking. Poor Bel is a little frazzled still anyway. biggrin.gif
Vegas
Thomas,

Did you get my PM perchance?
Redjack
Rock isn't much of a face.. Charisma(3) + Negotiation(1)... If we have a real face (or even one that is closer), feel free to step up... wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
Charisma 5, defaulting to Negotation. Only advantage I have is that I can use my full Street Cred of 4 due to my Charisma score, giving eight dice total. Not much better than Rock I imagine. smile.gif
Vegas
Charisma 4, Negotiation 2.... talking to Thomas about a couple of things first. Then deciding if Willow's gonna speak up or not.
Scope_47
Scope isn't a negotiator - but she is a smart cookie, and calls them like she sees them - mostly making observations out loud.

EDIT: I just want to make sure I didn't do something dumb unintentionally - from my reading, Mr. Kim was saying that the current deal was 2000 each, and then 7500 to split five ways (Or less if somebody dies) after completion of the run - with expenses coming out of the pay. That's correct, right? So 3500 each. That doesn't seem like much at all.
Tarantula
Sidenote: We made it to page 2 of the IC thread, HUZZAH!
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Scope_47)
So 3500 each. That doesn't seem like much at all.

Yeah, I've already spent that much before the meet. wink.gif
Redjack
My lifestyle is 10k/month.. That's 2.5k/week. At this pay I either gotta get one of these jobs every week or downgrade.
Ol' Scratch
God damn, you're living better than Belfast, too. Better hope he doesn't find out, he may try to fast talk you into needing a roommate!
Thomas
Before anyone’s OOC feelings get bent out of shape, Mr. Kim spoke without a hint of animosity. For your OOC enjoyment, Mr. Kim is primarily a business-man. Each project is considered on its effect on the balance sheet – for him, the sabotage is not a great concern, however, since you’re in the neighborhood…
Redjack
Gone to Gen Con - May not be online again till Sunday night, though I will try.
Ol' Scratch
Scope IMed me and told me that she's likely going to be out of contact til next Monday as well.
Thomas
Hi all, just a quick bump to the thread and to let you know that the game is still alive - even though the players are a bit scattered out.
Ol' Scratch
I'm looking forward to resuming once everyone's back and ready. smile.gif
Redjack
Gen Con was AWESOME (glad to be sleeping in my own bed again, though)
Let's game on. Have we lost anyone...?
Tarantula
Not that I know of, just waiting for some more people to post up before Gyre decides he needs to say anything.
Scope_47
I'm back!!! I haven't gotten rid of the con-crud yet, but I'm working on it. Sadly I never made it to the SR area in the Hyatt because I was stuck doing volunteer work for a cancer-ridden game. At least this time I had enough time between slots to head to the dealer's hall... found a really good deal on a corset biggrin.gif

Sowwy I didn't get to meet you RedJack +cries+

- Scope_47
Ol' Scratch
So let's get the ball rolling again.
Thomas
Ok gang, Rock and Belfast have weighed in IC, anyone else?
Redjack
I'm ready to move on to the legwork phase...
It is apparent to Rock where the team needs to pick up on their legwork...
Thomas
I’m working on it, I’m working on it!
Classes started on the 22nd, I’m suddenly 6 hours short on my free time per week.
Posting may slow down until I get in sync with the new schedule.
(Full time job, pursuing a degree, family, etc. RL is such a drain on gaming.)
Anyway, expect a segue into the final phase of this act by Sunday, latest.

thomas
Thomas
Anybody got a good suggestion for an easy-to-use method of putting some pictures out?

I’ve got some drawings of the facility and such for the contents of the datachip.

Something that doesn’t require you to jump through hoops to register/share?

Oh, while I’ve got you here; how am I doing so far?

You all are doing great, and I’m really learning a lot…

Thanks,
thomas
Scope_47
You can e-mail them to me and I'll put them on my webspace for you if you want

Let me know and I'll PM you my e-mail addy.

EDIT:
[ Spoiler ]
Thomas
@Scope_47 – That would be great, thank you.

@Tarantula – after Gyre opens the envelope and slots the chip, he finds a number of files, none of which are trapped/encrypted.
[ Spoiler ]

OOC: Yeah, Mr. Kim needs to waste at least several thousand nuyen to blow-up a five-star restaurant and some up-and-coming ‘runners. How would Mr. Thompson/anyone else get a bomb past security? I suppose it could be done, but it would cost a LOT.
Tarantula
You could use http://imageshack.us if you want quick and easy picture hosting.

OOC: Gyre's on the paranoia keeps you alive mindset for now. Too many trid's probably.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012