Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planitronics Penetration
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Thomas
QUOTE (Tarantula)
You could use http://imageshack.us if you want quick and easy picture hosting.

OOC: Gyre's on the paranoia keeps you alive mindset for now.  Too many trid's probably.

Scope_47 has got that angle covered – now the GM needs to get his act together.

Personally I am cynical enough to believe that I would rather be paranoid and be wrong 99.9 percent of the time – than to be trusting and be wrong 0.1 percent of the time…

That one time out of a thousand can really screw you over.
Redjack
If I say things have gone Tango-Uniform... Well, let's just say thats bad...
Scope_47
Isn't that supposed to be Tango-Uniform?

That's air force lingo for 'tits up,' right?
Redjack
Yes, late night typo on my part. I was com in the army, but all branches use the same phonetic alphabet. wink.gif
Scope_47
Oooh, an army man +fawns+

I'm just a wikipedia brat myself... but I've had a lot of friends who were in the service smile.gif
Redjack
@Thomas
Looking for a safehouse somewhere in the lower downtown area in one of the "C" neighborhoods that rents by the day with overwatch by the local gang. Not looking for a full service one. No warding or stocked bar or anything like like. Simple accommodations.
Intuition(4) + Seattle Safehouses(1): 1,4,6,6,6 = 3 hits

@All: 3 hits!! Can I get a HoooHawww!

@Scope: Stop. I'll blush... No. Go on.. No. Stop...
Thomas
@Redjack – The Five Kings is in the (evening) shadow of the Renraku Acrology. There is an entrance to the Ork Underground in one of the sub-level parking garages. The enforcers for that area of the Underground are a splinter group from the Screamers. Rock has a good idea of which garage and which area the entrance is located in. The ‘toll’ for entrance is 20 nuyen a head – once Underground there are plenty of flops to be had.

There is an apartment complex just south of Harbor Island – not exactly a ‘C’ zone but the lady who runs the place is rumored to be connected but not overly nosey, for a price.

Speaking of Harbor Island, the Dockmaster down on the south end, Jericho Williams, was in the news last week after a warehouse broken into and used as a staging area for a pirate operation. Rock remembers Jericho’s interview, something about he couldn’t control the riff-raff that broke into a place and used it for illegal operations. Rock knows that Mr. Williams is known in the smuggler circles as a man that might ‘look the other way’ if enough nuyen distracts him.
Thomas
As a backup plan, the datachip contains:

Briefing:
[ Spoiler ]

Figure 1:
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/3420/figure1tf8.png

Figure 2:
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1682/figure2hq1.png

Figure 3:
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4659/figure3ha9.png

Figure 4:
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7337/figure4dy3.png

I’m sure I needn’t remind anyone that Gyre is the only character that is privy to this information at the moment.
Ol' Scratch
I'm terribly sorry, but I need to drop out of this game.
Redjack
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I'm terribly sorry, but I need to drop out of this game.

Sad to see you go. Character concept was unique and cool.

@All
Speaking of characters.. Been a month since Vegas has posted.. Have we lost 2?
Vegas
@Redjack

I had spoken with Thomas a while back about quietly exiting the game due to outside time constraints. Some of those have lessened now but haven't gone away completely (i.e. could flare up at any moment again)...

Technically I'm still considering myself "out" of the game... but if you guys think you could put up with some craziness in my life and of course if Thomas approves I'd be willing to step back in since DF has to bow out and you guys lose a mage. Willow's only an adept, but hey.. something's better than nothing eh? biggrin.gif

I'll leave it up to Thomas to rule on stepping back into the game, and of course what you guys want too... (if there's someone else out there clawing tooth and nail to get into the game and has a more "stable" schedule, by all means take them first!) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Spark
Im very interested in joining this thread however thomas hasnt replied yet >< nyahnyah.gif. But Ill see if he admits me or not.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Redjack)
Sad to see you go.

Good riddance. Feeling isn't mutual.
Thomas
Friends – We have lost two players (I’m going to try to respect your time constraints Vegas,) and must come to a decision.

Shortly after I closed recruitment a member by the handle of Buster asked to join, and recently Spark expressed interest.

As I see them, our options are to continue the game without Willow and Belfast (not a good option given the knowledge of magical security;) prevail upon Vegas to give up time to continue to play Willow; solicit new players; or abandon the game.

If anyone has other options, please speak up – otherwise weigh in with your vote.

Thanks,
thomas
Redjack
First, I want to be conscious of the fact that Vegas has come forward with known time constraints. While I would love for him to continue.... it would be fair to neither him, nor the other participants in the game. If that changes, it would be great to slide Vegas back in. As to Belfast, double tap and dropping him in Puget Sound.

My vote is for adding new blood and rocking forward.
Tarantula
I'll leave it up to everyone else to decide. I'm a go with the flow sorta guy.
Thomas
I emailed Scope_47 just now, maybe we can reach a conclusion and move on soon.
Redjack
@Thomas - On a side note, did you notice your PM?
Thomas
@Redjack - read and responded
Scope_47
Well, I have concerns about changing up players - but now is the best time to do it I suppose. I'd like to stay in the game however - though the Doctor of Funk will be missed frown.gif
Spark
Heh if I have my way with my incoming character it may not change a ton, but more than you'd expect. I can promise it'll be interesting though!
Thomas
Buster has put forward a magically-active character concept that I have tentatively approved.

I have had sufficient time to allow Vegas’ character, Willow, a non-disruptive exit from the game, however Doctor Funkenstein’s exit is a bit more difficult.

As no one has much IC knowledge of Belfast I propose to quietly slip Buster’s character into that spot – no need to search for a replacement, renegotiate, etc. – Dr. McGuiness was just an assumed name.
Redjack
Sounds like a plan!
Spark
kk character has been changed as requested and submitted thomas. Hope to begin the game with you guys asap biggrin.gif.
Redjack
If Thomas approves you today, then we can post up to the next scene.
Spark
yeah thats my hope.
Tarantula
It'd be nice. Thats for sure.
Redjack
Anybody heard from Thomas?
Tarantula
So, whats the word?
Redjack
I've not heard anything... Dang... That stinks..
Spark
yeah me neither and ive been checking for a pm everyday ><.
Tarantula
That makes me sad. frown.gif
Redjack
Still no word from Thomas for me....
Scope_47
Cripes, I thought this thread was dead LOL

- Scope_47
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012