Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Sky at Morning
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Grinder
Sure. Just posted this short entry to show that I'm still alive. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Yay! A survivor!

SO we have Toby and Ol'Scratch (for now) going to get in contact with Toby's fixer.

Sammael is talking about getting a boat

Grinder , you're looking to get into contact with a contact and be repetitively repetive ... repeatedly ....

toturi you were talking about digging for intel and getting a ride. Which way were you going to go?

At this point folks , we are officially lagging. I'd like to get things moving along at a a better pace here. I'd like a difinitive "this is what I'm doing" within the next 25 hours (yes you get one extra) from everyone so we can move on.

As we're not sure of Doc's status ATM, he's sticking with Toby for now.
Fortune
"This is what I'm doing!"
fistandantilus4.0
You're making me hate you? Why would you do that?

nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
It's the culmination of my life's work. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
So... now I hate you, and your wife's work is complete? Stay away from high ledges old man! You still have so much to live for!
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
So... now I hate you, and your wife's work is complete?

My wife's work is never complete. nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Must have been a Freudian slip. biggrin.gif
Grinder
rotfl.gif

toturi
Going shopping for gear. Going with Sam, I suppose.
fistandantilus4.0
Cool, put together a shopping list, and we can do this the fast way, rolling for availability, factoring in contacts .I'd rather not spend forever on getting ready to start the run, ya' know?
Fortune
You mean we haven't already? eek.gif biggrin.gif
Grinder
Since I can't edit one of the reserved postings on the front page, I'll post Charlie's stats and (short so far) background story here.

[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
Edited my last post. It needs a bit of hand-waving from you, but I hope it's ok. I don't want to spent too much time with buying gear and stuff.
But I want to make a Etiquette (Street) roll anyway, just to hear some rumours and if someones's trying to sell such drones lately.
toturi
So guys what do you think we'll need? I'm going to buy the commercially available legal ones first.

We'd need some wheels first of all, even if it is temporary.
Then diving gear, climbing gear and flashlights, for starters. Anyone already have these?
Fortune
Toby doesn't have much in the way of gear.

Don't forget consumable provisions if we are equipping for a trip. wink.gif
toturi
OK, can everyone please give me a shopping list of legally available stuff they think they might need? Are we going to be using a party fund type of thing?
Fortune
The only thing Toby requires is foodstuffs.
fistandantilus4.0
Is that a nicer way of saying "let's go have lunch now guys?"

Fortune, are yo ugoing to contact your fixer, or do something else? get a room?
Fortune
Toby has a room! nyahnyah.gif

Yeah, he's going to contact his Fixer. I was really delaying a little to see if there was any change in Doc's situation.
fistandantilus4.0
I've talked to him. He's decided to take a sabbatical for a while, so we'll have to move on without him sadly. I think I'm simply going to use the 'suspension of disbelief" button, and just remove Scratch. Too bad, the character was a lot of fun.

OK, in the interests of keeping this game going, for the greater good and all that, everyone has 72 hours to post IC That should be more than enough. Anyone who doesn't will be side lined. I don't want this game to get bogged down in details and waiting for other folks to post.
Fortune
I've talked to him. He's decided to take a sabbatical for a while, so we'll have to move on without him sadly. I think I'm simply going to use the 'suspension of disbelief" button, and just remove Scratch. Too bad, the character was a lot of fun.

Suckage! frown.gif
Grinder
OK, in the interests of keeping this game going, for the greater good and all that, everyone has 72 hours to post IC That should be more than enough. Anyone who doesn't will be side lined. I don't want this game to get bogged down in details and waiting for other folks to post.

Sir, yes, sir!!

(Gonna post tonight)

smile.gif
toturi

So is the bug he tossed me going to mysteriously disappear?
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry toturi missed this post. No, you would still have the bug.
Fortune
Severe inspiration deprivation has set in. frown.gif

Bear with me.

Fortune
Or, judging by your IC post, don't bear with me!

Fist: I am struggling to find just the right way to proceed with the game as it is, and a big part of the reason for my presence in this game (other than yourself) has vanished. As such I am not really amenable to threats at the moment. With that in mind, although I was both enjoying the game and looking forward to it continuing, please feel free to proceed with the game without me.
fistandantilus4.0
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to threaten anyone. I'm sorry if it came across that way. Maybe it's the game or how I execute dit, I dunno, but I'm just tired of cajoling folks to post, ya' know? smile.gif
Grinder
Your posting was not the most friendly I've read on DS, but I can understand that you want to move on with the game and are tired of waiting for postings. Sometimes a little pressure is needed to get us stupid players moving. That's ok. biggrin.gif

toturi
Woah, guys, if you need a break, sound off. I am fine with a break right now. RL is a bitch, so shit is happening to me too. If Fist wants to press on with the game, I'm ok too. But it does sound like some of us needs a time out.
Grinder
I'm ok with going on. smile.gif

Ok, I posted Joan (Charlies contact in Miami) IC. She gave him a contact name for diving gear, sea charts and all that. Fisty, do you want to hand-wave and say what Charlie gets and how much he has to pay? I would be fine with that, since I don't want to post so much just for buying a little gear.
Btw, aren't Sam and Charlie supposed to buy gear together? I'm a little confused if they are at the same place at the moment (somewhere on the beach) or if Sam already left for the diving bar.
fistandantilus4.0
Sam was about to head off, but hadn't left just yet.

As for my post, if it was worded strongly, that's frustration speaking out. I consider everyone ine this game friends. toturi, you I haven't gotten as much time to know, but I've seen you around and read your posts long enough to enjoy your company as much as that can be said for a bulletin board forum. biggrin.gif So I don't want anyone to feel that I'm trying to get on their case or target them. As I said before it's simply the frustration with having to repeatedly ask for posts, especially since it was a game that I was asked to run.

Now if there's RL concerns that are going on, as in toturi's case, that I very much understand. Doc's got the same sort of thing going on right now as well. And although it's a pain in the ass for the games he's involved in, I understand and certainly can't be mad at a guy for trying to take care of what's ogng on in his life.

Toturi , same goes for you. If you have other things going on that need your more immediate attention, that's understandable. Grinder, I have some idea of the things you've got going on as well, so that you take the time is appreciated.

But to continue this game, I think I'm going to have to ask for a minimum post requirement. Trigger, I know you have things as well, and if you've got posting issues, let me know.

Fortune and I have already talked, and we understand where we're both at I think. He's stepping out as well at this point. So this leaves us with 4 players max, likely three if toturi decides to take a hiatus which is fine.

For everyone, if you've got some other sort of RL issue going on, or have a reason that you cannot post more than once every two days, please let me know, either here or privately. I you need to step out, let me know if it's temporary or permanent, so that I can plan accordingly. If we have three people who are still interested in playing through, then we'll keep going. If not, no hard feelings, these things happen. So let me know folks. As toturi said, please sound off within the next day or so, so we can know where we're at. smile.gif
Grinder
It sucks that Fortune is leaving this game and it's kinda weird too, since every game we both started (the one of emo samurai and Backstage Pass iirc) didn't last long. I hoped this one would make it longer. frown.gif

For the record, I'm still interested in continuing this game and will try my best to meet any posting frequency you come up with. Sometimes I need a kick in the butt and some sort of rules.

toturi
I'm ok. Once a day is ok.
fistandantilus4.0
I would prefer once a day, and think I'll have to require at least once every other day.
Trigger still need a sound off from you.

Once we have a current crew list here we're going to jump ahead a bit. Get you a vessel and your gear, and put you on your way.

I know I should never ask this of Grindr, so, toturi, Trigger, gear lists please. If it's just survival gear and a GPS ,, that's cool with me. If it's more, please post it ASAP.

smile.gif
Grinder
Short gear lists are ok for me biggrin.gif

Diving gear, sea maps and a boat is all I/we need. And doing a little legwork, to hear rumours and news about the missing ship, other missing ship and similar stuff.
toturi
Diving, climbing, survival gear, GPS and food.
fistandantilus4.0
Ok basic gear is a go then.

Grinder, Rolls Street Etiquette for each 'news item' then. Please define "similar stuff" a bit more though please. biggrin.gif
Grinder
Street Eitquette
[ Spoiler ]

"Similar Stuff" means recent freak incidents (like other ships being attacked).
toturi
Fist: Do you require an IC post of Cloud going to K-mart? I would rather not post about such mundane task except you might want to run a "Foodfight".
fistandantilus4.0
Nope not a problem. I was actually trying to give a 11th hour reprieve to see if Trigger would post. He hasn't, so unfortunately, he is officially dropped at this point. Next post is my job assuming you guys are happy with what you have to move with. I'll put up answers Grinder's inquiries, as well as the intro to the next scene/area.
fistandantilus4.0
Well I feel like a jack ass. Was going over the thread responses and noticed (obviously since I responded to it) that tthere was a rather large post there from Trigger, right on time. So ignore waht I said about him being out.

Trig, you're very much in, and I'm very much foot in mouth. Thanks for posting. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
@ Grinder - their isn't much out there on the ship attack. Word is though that there was supposed to be a ship going through carrying some very important cargo, aking it a good prize for anyone that could bring it down. But as usual, it's tempered against top security. Ships like that are always a gamble.

Other than that, there's nothing 'unusual' about ships dissapearing in the Caribbean. Unless it's in Bermuda. Then it's not unsual except that no one knows how they get dissapeared.
Grinder
Ok.

Fast forward now or are you waiting for some IC posts of us?
fistandantilus4.0
ALl I really need is a direction of where you're heaed. But since you're taking a small boat out, I'll post tonight for your crew moving along, and you guys can decide a direction from there.

I'll hae you in a stolen Dolphin II if anyone decides they want to do an IC post along the way.
fistandantilus4.0
Need some posts up peoples
Grinder
Planned for later today.
toturi
bob... bob... bob... floating... floating...

currently(bad pun intended) out of ideas, will see what ideas drifts(pun intended) by...
toturi
So the game is ... dead in the water?
Fortune
That would suck! It looked like a good game. frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012