Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Sky at Morning
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Grinder
Seems like the remaining crew needs some direct action. The last postings of Fisty described the islands, but didn't give much direction what to do now. A NPC might be helpful to bring the game back on track.
fistandantilus4.0
Come on ,these are supposed to be top shelf characters. What do you guys do for leg work in your home games? Need an NPC? Go hire a guide. It would probably be a good idea around here anyways. You know what information you have to work off of. Half the game is investigation. You won't get far with that sitting on a boat. smile.gif
Grinder
I know, I know, but it seems like we need a kick in the ass to get things moving again. Or something like that. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I PM'd Trigger. I asked Alysha if she was done with RedSky. Her answer was "probably".Thisgame sadly has a horrible attrition rate.

As far as I'm concerned though, it's no big deal. If you guys want to play the game,I;ll run it. I've got it set, so might as well, right? smile.gif You want a guide, go to a bar, looking for a guide. I think there's a bad tendency with these games for it to stick in a spot, and folks din't know what to do. Just approach it as if we're all sitting around the table. Feel free to talk OOC first about what you want to do and plan as you would with a table top game. Not EVERYTHING has to be IC. Just post it IC once you are set.
Trigger
I am back now, sorry about the horrible delay in all of this. I have been very ill and exceedingly busy IRL, but things are getting better now and I have returned to the realm of the 'net. I will post up IC soon and get Trigger back onto track in this game.
fistandantilus4.0
Excellent, glad ta' have ya' back. That keeps our roster at a solid three.

OK guys, everyone knows it's the planning and meets that kills games. We're past this. Let's get some initiative and start some leg work.
fistandantilus4.0
toturi, grinder, you guys have been sticking with it well, but our last two remaining, Trigger and Plan B, seem to have saild off on a different boat.

At his point it comes down to this: do you two want to go it alone? I can alter a few things, make it a game a bit more viable to the two of you, and perhaps recruit another player or two. But that's only a possibility. Are you two willing to give it a go as just the dynamic duo?
toturi
So grinder, do you want to be Batman or shall I? Shall we recruit Batgirl and Nightwing? biggrin.gif
Grinder
Can't we both be Batman? biggrin.gif

Let's continue this game, maybe with two new additional players.

fistandantilus4.0
OK, I've got a couple of people in mind for recruits. Seven-7 had expressed interest, and DTFarstar was looking for a game a while ago. I'll drop each of them a PM.
Grinder
Cool. smile.gif
toturi
To the Batsignal!
Seven-7
I'm here, just need to write up a sheet.

Before Karma
[ Spoiler ]

Edit 1: Splatted out a character sans-karma.
[ Spoiler ]
DTFarstar
I have a hellacious Microbiology test tomorrow, however if you are still interested in acquiring another player Monday afternoon I will splat out a character really quick. I have several ideas already so it shouldn't take very long. I just don't have time for anything besides Micro and letting my brain rest for about 36 hours(which doesn't mean I won't work on it in that time, it just means I SHOULDN'T.)

Chris
Grinder
No need to hurry. Waiting a couple of days is fine for me.
DTFarstar
Stupid Shadowrun... so much more interesting that studying for a micro test. Anyway, I'll post the base character as soon as possible(taking breaks in studying to let my body metabolize the protein phosphotase 1 build-up in my brain.), and then work out the karma build-up. So, who do we have playing currently? Me, Seven-7, toturi, and Grinder yes? I found toturi's character on Cast of Shadows, I can't seem to find what Grinder is. Just would like to know in case we have some glaring weaknesses. I've got a lot of ideas so that would help me narrow it down some. Also trying to find more information about the Carib League. Heh, otherwise I'll just have to make a character that doesn't know a damn thing about it to cover for my lack of knowledge.

Chris
DTFarstar
I'm leaning towards a rigger/doctor adept or a more protection or combat focused mage. Naturally leaning to magic because well... I like magic and high karma magic is ALWAYS fun.

Chris
DTFarstar
Of course, I could make a massive damage soak character. I've always wondered what I could do with a mystic adept troll in terms of a truly terrifying character. Huh... Do we need a face? Uhg... someone just let me know what bases we have covered so I can stop rapidly brainstorming everything.

Chris
Grinder
I'm playing Charlie, an ork mage with a doctor in thaumaturgy - and I'm sure I posted his stats somewhere on this thread. grinbig.gif

Well, a rigger/doc-type of char would be really helpful, much more then another mage. And he needs to speak spanish, of course. biggrin.gif
Seven-7
As the sheet is, in summary, a Illusionist Black Mage.
DTFarstar
I remember reading Charlie's sheet now, for some reason I couldn't find it when I looked a second ago.

So, insanely perceptive adept, orc mage with a doctorate, and illusionist Black Mage, yeah, we need some tech support somehow, and it probably wouldn't hurt to have a little beef to soak up some bullets should it fall to that. I see the Black Mage is pretty good at conning people, and Charlie has some etiquette. So, some negotiation ability would not go astray either. Hmmm.... I'll come up with something. Need to check a few things with Fist and see how some stuff works in his games. You guys may be joined by a houngan of no little technical prowess, or a more focused rigger/doctor adept. Not sure.

Chris
Seven-7
Should I post my most common dice pools for better detail? I've got some time on my hands.
DTFarstar
It isn't necessary, but I wouldn't mind. So, if you are bored, then by all means, throw as much information at me as you want.

Chris
Seven-7
Casting Spells (Generic): 9 (Magic) 6 (Spellcasting) 2 (Power Foci): 17 Dice

Casting Spells (Illusion): 9 (Magic) 6 (Spellcasting) 2 (Power Foci) 2 (Mentor Spirit) 2 (Specialization): 21 Dice

Counterspelling: 5 (Counterspelling) 1->9 (Attribute) 4 (Grade: Shielding), 5 Targets

Absorbing: 5 (Counterspelling) 1->9 (Attribute) 4 (Grade: Absorbing), 9 'mana charges'

Drain: 5 (Cha) 5 (Will) 2 (Fetish): 12 Dice

Conning: 5 (Cha) 5 (Con) 2 (Mentor): 12 Dice

Shooting the Inducer: 2 (Skill) 3 (Agi): 5 Dice!

I think his main combat ability will be Counter Magic with Absorb, helping him soak the drain (Possible -9 DV drain) from the F18 (Overcast) Agony: 9, and give (highly unlikely but possible: -18 to dice.
DTFarstar
Good to know. So, looks like some negotiating, damage taking, rigging(and or hacking), and healing would all be usefull. I'll see what I can do to incorporate at least two of those, maybe three.

Chris
fistandantilus4.0
OK,as an over view of the new recruits, 7-7, primarily a caster type, fofucsedo nillusions. Works for me. A bit light on the physical, but obviously you're the focused type. no problem, just don't get dead. I need background on the character though. Characters without background get annoying. smile.gif

And yeah, I know grinder hasn't posted his character there yet. i've given him ltos of crap about it, and will likely give him lots more. biggrin.gif

DTF, I don't thikn we really need another mage. Although a houngan would give some distinct advantages considering the area, a rigger would fill in a very large blank spot with this crew. Up to you though. They both have their advantages.
DTFarstar
You may be getting both, as that would greatly amuse me. However, I may try for a focused rigger. Never done that before. it will probably be tomorrow or early in the morning before I get it done. I am wiped out. My girlfriend came over last night and it was this whole thing and then this makeup thing and I got almost no sleep then had that test the more class then labs and I am just so freaking tired.

Chirs
Grinder
We feel with you. biggrin.gif

And yeah, I know grinder hasn't posted his character there yet. i've given him ltos of crap about it, and will likely give him lots more.

Heee! You have his stats sheet and reserved the first postings in this OOC-thread for Cast of Characters.... wink.gif
Seven-7
How big of a background? I've written about 9k+ word BG for him for a MUSH, but I doubt you want me to spam here with that.
Grinder
He's used to Fortunes character ideas... grinbig.gif
Fortune
I'm not that bad! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Grinder
grinbig.gif

Maybe Fisty complains too much then...
Fortune
QUOTE (Grinder)
Maybe Fisty complains too much then...

Maybe? eek.gif
Grinder
No comment on this. He's the GM, after all. biggrin.gif
DTFarstar
I wouldn't worry about it too much. In another thread I talked about hypothetically either bombing or CO gassing his house and the surrounding neighborhood and he still invited me to play. Then again... he may just be waiting for revenge....hmmm... I shall be on my guard, Fist!

Chris
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (DTFarstar)
I shall be on my guard, Fist!

Good. I'm petty.

7-7 - I may gripe to Fortune , but his level of character background-ness is the bar I've set my expectations at. So if you've got a butt laod, send me a buttload. Just do it in some sort of organised/concise fashio so that I can read and understand it. I do give bonus points (read:karma) for good back ground and IC chit chat. You'll get more karma in my games from posting often and IC with good meat (which isn't the same as posting a lot in each post, because you can talk a lot and say nothing at all) then from combat and encounters.

@ Grinder nyahnyah.gif
DTFarstar
This is me without gear or augments of any kind. I've got a kinda list of personal augments cooked up, looks like I'll have about 150-160k in drones and such. Trying to finagle a mechanics shop on one of the islands out of it plus some good drones and decent weapons and such.

Oh, I haven't spent karma yet, officially, but I'm close to knowing what all I want. So, I'm going. I'm also mostly done with my background, going to finish it tomorrow during class. So I'm getting there dammit. It's taking me alot longer than I thought. Life keeps kicking my ass.

Chris

Name : Jackson β€œRezzβ€? Albanyon
Race :Human

Attributes :
BOD – 1 – 4
AGI – 1 – 3
REA – 1 – 2
STR – 1 – 2
CHA – 1 – 3
INT – 1 – 4
LOG – 1 – 5
WIL – 1 – 4

Edge – 2 - 6
BPs : 230

Skill Groups :
- Mechanic – 3
Skills :
-Dodge – 1
-Longarms – 1
-Etiquette – 1
-Negotiation – 1
-Gunnery – 5
-Pilot Aircraft – 1
-Pilot Anthroform – 1
-Pilot Ground – 3
-Pilot Water – 4
-Perception – 3
-Armorer – 5
-First Aid – 1
-Hardware – 1
-Medicine – 1
-Computer – 1
-Hacking – 1
-Data Search – 1
BPs : 148

Qualities :
-Spirit Bane(Water) - -10
-Allergy (Common, Mild, Soy) - -10
-SINner, Standard - -5
-Implant-Induced Immune Deficiency - -10
BPs : -35
Grinder
I don't get it...

[ Spoiler ]
toturi
What I meant was that unless Fisty really wanted to hide something from me, I have enough dice pool to make rolling for Perception meaningless.
Grinder
Ah, my fualt - had a look at the first page of this thread where all (well, most] char sheets had been posted and wondered why you were so confident. Until I realized that I confused Trigger and toturi. biggrin.gif
DTFarstar
Ok, changed some stuff around, dropped some of the 1 rating skills that can be activesofted when I do need them. I'm doing Karma right now, and I just need to talk to Fisty and find out how he works auto-softs and pilot programs and stuff so I know if I need seperate pilots for each drone or what, and how he does upgrading firewall/system/response/signal etc. All kinds of money stuff. So, I'm going to be activesofted out the ass, it looks like. Only way I can see to make this character work well with high karma/power but low-ish money. Slowly writing his story too, I've got most of it. Anyway, I should be done a couple hours after I talk to Fisty, but it is almost sleep time for me tonight. So, I'll have to do it tomorrow or whenever I hear from him.

Chris
fistandantilus4.0
As for autosofts, using copies of the same program is jsut fine. Just make sure the pilots have the appropraite programs for what ever vehicle you're running. SKill and Active softs are fine to. Hope you have augentation. Really going to have ot work on that Reaction BTW.

@toturi - your perception test are a bitch to type up. I fell like letting you know what type of underwear everyone is wearing and when the last time was someone under invisibility with traceless walk passed by . smile.gif
toturi
So... are we good to go? Are the rest of you ready?
fistandantilus4.0
SOrry toturi, now it's my fault that I haven't been on the ball. Holidays and job hunts have had me distracted, but I'll be on regulalry agin now that both are past.

Still haven't head back from DTF or 7-7 on some things although DT and I have disgussed a number of thigns on IM. Continue on in the bar, and I'll see if these guys are popping in or not.
toturi
So is the game on?
Grinder
Fisty's been busy with his job and famliy stuff over the last weeks. We should wait 'til he''s able to give full attention to this game. I posted in the IC thread, but don't expect the game to move on before Fisty's back.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm chatting with DTF on and off, as we seem to be missing each other a lot (not as in lonely, as in can't communicate wink.gif nyahnyah.gif). Working on getting a for sure yay or nay so we can move on with some more direction. Toturi, Grinder, thanks for your patience guys. You'll get some bonus karma for sticking it out. wink.gif
DTFarstar
Well, crap, apparently I missed a message at some point. I'm still around and I have been checking the WttS thread and must have missed the day that Fist responded. I've been crushed by school and other things too, since I originally started talking to you guys about this I have had something on the order of .... 10-12 tests(I forget exactly when some of them were), my girlfriends mother fell and messed up her leg something awful, my girlfriend birthday, my girlfriend having to go to two pharm school interviews and getting deferred by one of them(deferral bad), as well as being laid up for a week as a storm fucked with the surrounding area which completely annihilates my head(chronic migraines, one of the sure fire triggers is a significant shift in barometric pressure. Yay tornado alley) ... oh, a lab final in physics.... and it seems like I'm missing something else. So... I'm still here and now that I know Fist is responding again(we missed each other constantly for a couple of weeks and since I didn't see his reply to my last post I thought the game was on hiatus or something. I'm glad it isn't and I just need to get my gear finished(my reaction will in fact be taken care of) and I'll be ready, I believe.

Of course, since it is me, there is also bad news. I'll work on it whenever I've got some free time, but I have 3 tests tommorrow, thankfully nothing Tuesday, and a lab final Wednesday. Then two final exams friday, one the next monday and one the next tuesday. So, while I will devote as much time as possible to it, it might still be a couple days before I get everything finished(hopefully tomorrow since I don't have anything Tues.) and I will be probably only be able to post once a day or so till exams are over.

Chris

P.S. - Bloody frelling hell, it feels like we've got a pisser of a storm brewing, would explain why I slept like I did. I just looked outside and it does not look pleasant. Not that this effects you or the game, but it ruins my fucking day so I'm irritated about it.
Grinder
Hey, no need for pressure. I personally can wait for some more days. It's not like this game is the most fast-paced anyway. biggrin.gif
DTFarstar
Huh, apparently when I get irritated I get vulgar and vaguely british and.... what TV show or movie used frell as a curse word I wonder?

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012