Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Sky at Morning
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fortune
Damn! I always forget the +3 for Observe in Detail. frown.gif
toturi
Hey, I nearly forgot it. And my PC's built around Perception.
Fortune
QUOTE (GM from IC)
Just incase you're wondering why you only get a little info on 5+ hits.

I wasn't! nyahnyah.gif

I figured that must be what you were doing. I'd have done the same thing myself. It isn't your fault I rolled like garbage. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
There's a lot of stuff I explain after the fact.
toturi
No problem. I got a ton of Perception dice. But if it takes 39 dice to get the same sort of effect in combat, then I'm totally outclassed.
fistandantilus4.0
It looks like at this point we'll be taking a short break in the action until Doc gets back. Please no posting IC until he's able to participate. If you have questions about the circumstances, PM him or me.
Ol' Scratch
Sorry for holding the game up. frown.gif
Fortune
Why? Wouldn't be the same without you. smile.gif
toturi
Fisty, could we get on with the game? Or are we waiting for someone else?
fistandantilus4.0
Most certainly. Will be posting this afternoon. Sorry for the wait, and thanks for your patience everyone.
Grinder
The mage had only just recovered his composure from watching the satyr's antics, and is now even harder hard-pressed to keep his laughter in check after Charles makes his bold, and from what Toby can see, quite inane proclamation. Unfortunately he is not quite successful though, and his amusement is clearly etched on his face for all to see.

nyahnyah.gif

I'll promise not to post again shortly after I got up. grinbig.gif
Fortune
I ain't worried. Just don't take anything personally. wink.gif smile.gif
Grinder
Me? Never. grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I love this game. love.gif Best. Meet . Ever.

New SR Quote: " It's not a shadowrun until the satyr leaps on the banquet table and kills a fly with a dinner plate."
Fortune
Methinks the GM needs to read up on Universal Nantidotes. wink.gif biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Oh Jesus, is this gonna be one of those "I'm immune to alcohol" things? ohplease.gif This is me, rolling my eyes at you.
Fortune
Hmmmm. Not sure I deserve eye rolling.

How is that any different than the Detox Spell? Or any of the other things in the game that have a similar effect?

The good thing about having them in a Hive though, is that if you want to be affected by the alcohol, then you can be, and then when you don't want to be, you aren't. Much like the aforementioned Detox spell.
toturi
Hey, Fisty, are you allowing complimentary skills now?

I thought they went out with SR3?
Fortune
A suggestion for how to use 'Complimentary Skills' can be found in (I believe) the surgery section of Augmentation.
toturi
QUOTE (Fortune @ Sep 17 2007, 11:31 AM)
A suggestion for how to use 'Complimentary Skills' can be found in (I believe) the surgery section of Augmentation.

Not that I can find.

EDIT: Ah so.
Fortune
Big black box right near the beginning of the Advanced Medtech chapter.

QUOTE (Augmentation pg. 120)
MedTech Knowledge Skills
Though they play a less active role, certain Knowledge skills may be useful to characters in a medtech context. Skills such as Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Neurology, or even Engineering, Zoology, and Street Drugs might provide essential background information that can assist acharacter when examining an implant, diagnosing a disease, or brewing up a new drug cocktail. At the gamemaster’s discretion, possession or successful use of a Knowledge skill may provide extra bonus dice to certain Active skill tests. On the other hand, a Knowledge skill rating may limit the amount of Active skill dice that can be applied to a test, under the assumption that skill at treatment is limited by a proper education.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)

As long as there's some sort of rules for them, I'll allow them. I lloved them in third, and would like to see them back. I'll look at Fortune's pg reference.
fistandantilus4.0
Fir those observing,, the only observation devices you see are the hotel se ccams, most of which are trained on your group.
Grinder
Am I the only one who has a problem with the re-appearance of Sam? I mean, she left the initial meeting only to show up again, wave her hand and say "Hey boys, here I am"?
I don't think Charlie's gonna work with her if she comes up with a good reason for her actions.

Personally, I don't like this "I'm the coolest runner in the world and all you ever get from me are either bullets in the head or cryptic answers."
Ol' Scratch
We did get a message from the Johnson.
toturi
No. Cloud is ok. What the Johnson wants the Johnson gets. Everyone got a message from the J telling us that Sam is in, he is fine with that. He might be suspect the message is a fake but he acknowledges that he is no great shakes in the Matrix.
Grinder
I would still prefer to hear it from herself.

The team is supposed to be professionals who gonna work together on a not so easy run. A little trust would be cool.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Grinder)

Personally, I don't like this "I'm the coolest runner in the world and all you ever get from me are either bullets in the head or cryptic answers."

I gotta say that I'm a bit curious of who you're referring to 'cause there's a number of runners doing some prima dona antics.
Trigger
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Sep 19 2007, 03:41 AM)

I gotta say that I'm a bit curious of who you're referring to 'cause there's a number of runners doing some prima dona antics.

Ain't me. *cough*fortune*cough*doc.funk*cough*
Fortune
Hmmmm ...

Whatever!
Grinder
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Sep 19 2007, 03:41 AM)

The rest of the runners didn't leave the meeting and showed up later again. At least.
Ol' Scratch
<walks into the room, sets down a boom box, and pushes play>
<something by Daft Punk soon fills the air>
<works his mojo>

Ooh, you done been served.
Trigger
*does the charleston* grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Unless I miss my date, it's Doc's birthday today folks.

Doc, you have a choice between birthday Karma or an OH SHIT! card.
Ol' Scratch
I'll take a "self-loathing card" and turn it in for a "erase all mention of that, please" favor.
Fortune
Well, if that's the case, Happy Birthday wishes from me and my wallpaper. smile.gif

Edit: Too late for your wish to come true, but you didn't mean it anyway. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I'll take a "self-loathing card" and turn it in for a "erase all mention of that, please" favor.

Sadly, unlikely. biggrin.gif But hey, I never get my birthday wishes either, so it's all fair!
Trigger
Happy Birthday Doc!!!
Trigger
BTW Doc, I got that Professor reference, you can't slip that one by me.....I am in a cast that is shadowcasting the movie made off it right now. That game is fresh in my mind. biggrin.gif
toturi
What time is it in Miami as we are talking on the beach now?
Ol' Scratch
I think I'm going to back out of this game. I asked nicely to have the above removed, and now one of the little pricks here is using it as an insult. I play the game to have fun, not to tolerate that kind of shit. My apologies. Do as you will with my character until a replacement can be found... or whatever.
Fortune
Doc, there's no need for you to back out. frown.gif
toturi
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I think I'm going to back out of this game. I asked nicely to have the above removed, and now one of the little pricks here is using it as an insult. I play the game to have fun, not to tolerate that kind of shit. My apologies. Do as you will with my character until a replacement can be found... or whatever.

Wha..t? Did I give offense somehow, Doc? If so, I'm sorry. frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Doc I'd rather you take a day or so to reconsider. But obviously I can't force you to stay in. I'd prefer everyone set aside their differences and move on.

In answer to toturi's first question, it would be appx 2 pm.
fistandantilus4.0
If everyone is satisfied with their plans for action, I would like to move forward from here. If you're not, please post what you're going to do, or work things out.
Fortune
Toby wants to talk to Rita Abbott at the Crystal before going anywhere.

What's up with Doc?
Grinder
Yeah, what's up with him?

Guess Sam and Charlie will ask around their Miami-contacts (damn ,still have to post Charlie's background and stuff) to get the stuff they're supposed to get.
fistandantilus4.0
Fortune - Go ahead and post the contact IC.

Grinder, move for contacts . Just make sure you both post appropriately ( ie - 'hey guys I gotta make some calls' or whatever).

As far as Doc goes, well you pretty much know what I know . I'm still waiting to hear for sure from him one way or the other.
Fortune
Will do ... in a while.

I'll have Toby take Scratch with him, as originally planned.
fistandantilus4.0
Grinder I expect you'll be posting something slightly more helpful in regards to waht you're doing than "contacts a contact: soon yes?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012