Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Sky at Morning
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
fistandantilus4.0
This is the OOC for the high karma game including Fortune, Toturi, Trigger, Doc Funk, and Grinder.

Color codes will be used for various means of communication.

salmon for speech
aquamarine for thought/inner monologue
aqua for telepathic communication
black for text/PMs
italics to denote another language
Gold for actions, such as "take cover/attack/etc
[ Spoiler ]

Any karmic upgrades to characters maybe applied immediately with the exception of initiation/spells/complex forms/submersion. Since we have no technomancers, I doubt that will be an issue. Get my ok before raising anything however. I won't say that you can't raise it, but that way I know what's going on with the character.

Please post regularly as game lag sucks, and makes everybody cry. When posting , please inlcude some sort of lead off indicating what your character will be doing, unnless it's just a conversation. An example of a bad post that will make me not like you is landing at an air strip, the character gets off the plane ,looks around ,,and makes a comment. Then there's really nothing I can do, because I am not going to guess what/where your character will go/do.

Karma is awarded generally after each 'scene'. A scene however is up to my interpretation following the layout of the game. Extra karma is awarded for postng regularly, good roleplaying and humor. Don't go for humor if it doesn't apply naturally.

Any rules disputes will be done in the OOC. If you feel a rule should be handled in a certain way, I missed something, or you just disagree, post it. I may not agree or see things your way, btu I'd rather discuss it than just have somone pised off.

Note the house rules in effect in the New Orleans OOC. Important ones to remember :
-All NPCs will have Edge. Maybe not a lot, but they will all have it.
-DV under the base armor does ]not convert to stun with the exceeption of flechette.

fistandantilus4.0
Reserved for Cast of Shadows
fistandantilus4.0
Reserved
fistandantilus4.0
PLayers please post characters here and in the Cast of Shoadws sticky once you have a final draft.
Fortune
Because he definitely deserves to be first, I hereby present ...

Tobias Fletcher

Numbers Stuff
[ Spoiler ]

Written Stuff
[ Spoiler ]
Ol' Scratch
Ol' Scratch
Former Blues Musician turned Street Mercenary

Character Description
[ Spoiler ]

Astral Snapshot
[ Spoiler ]

Street Reputation and Personal Philosophy
[ Spoiler ]

I'm really looking forward to this game! It promises to be totally epic, an absolute blast, and completely over-the-top! Exactly the kind of breather I need in a game! Thanks again for inviting me to join, Fistandantilus! It was even fun converting and updating a classic character to the new system, even if certain areas were a bit tricky to figure out. <grins>
Trigger
Trigger

Stats
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
toturi
[ Spoiler ]
Fortune
C'mon peoples! I wanna play! smile.gif
toturi
QUOTE (Fortune @ Aug 21 2007, 01:35 AM)
Perception: 4  {visual +2 / vision enhancement +3 / audio enhancement +3 / co-processor +3 / nanites +3 / directional +2}

Looks like someone forgot to tell me about those Perception nanoware... sarcastic.gif nyahnyah.gif

EDIT: Bad toturi. Bad bad toturi. Sorry, Fortune.
Lady Door
Forgot... or purposefully witheld information?? Hmmm..
Fortune
QUOTE (toturi)
Looks like someone forgot to tell me about those Perception nanoware...

Why so rude? You asked me for a favor, almost two weeks ago, I might add, and I believe I more than fulfilled your request in detail in a timely manner. I believe I did say that I had just gotten the book, and hadn't even read it for the first time myself, but I sent you everything I could find at the time. Even then I didn't actually notice that particular 'ware until just last night, when I was going over the character for the final time.

You have had time to PM me back asking for more details, or talk to the GM, who also has the book in question and has offered to help those that need it. Indeed you did PM me today asking about the very same things that you post about above, and I just finished answering in detail when I see your post.

Why did you feel the need to be rude and sarcastic towards me in such a public fashion, when I have done everything in my power (including breaking the damn law) to meet your requests?
fistandantilus4.0
Pretty sure that just giving stat info out of the book doesn't violate any copyright laws. I think toturi was kidding around Fortune. Let's all just step back and breathe real quick.

Will be starting the IC momentarily.
fistandantilus4.0
Game is rolling out. All cahracters are in seperate lear-platinum IIs coming in to Miami Intl. The offer just to show up to the meet is 3K plus a 3 day stay over.
Lady Door
Background for Cedra Merrin

[ Spoiler ]

toturi
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (toturi @ Aug 21 2007, 02:56 PM)
Looks like someone forgot to tell me about those Perception nanoware...

Why so rude? You asked me for a favor, almost two weeks ago, I might add, and I believe I more than fulfilled your request in detail in a timely manner. I believe I did say that I had just gotten the book, and hadn't even read it for the first time myself, but I sent you everything I could find at the time. Even then I didn't actually notice that particular 'ware until just last night, when I was going over the character for the final time.

You have had time to PM me back asking for more details, or talk to the GM, who also has the book in question and has offered to help those that need it. Indeed you did PM me today asking about the very same things that you post about above, and I just finished answering in detail when I see your post.

Why did you feel the need to be rude and sarcastic towards me in such a public fashion, when I have done everything in my power (including breaking the damn law) to meet your requests?

Whoa... frown.gif I asked and you answered. You have my thanks. I'm sorry if I came across as rude. Imagine my surprise when I read your PC stats - didn't he say "that's all she wrote and nanoware were teh suxxors?" I didn't mean to be rude or sarcastic(well, maybe a bit). I know you did your best. My post was meant more in a good natured jib kind of way. So sarcastic.gif and nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
Yeah, I might have overreacted just a tad. embarrassed.gif

I actually put off reading the nanoware chapter for quite a while, figuring that it wouldn't be any better than it was in SR3. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the scope of nanoware in SR4 though.

There are limitations on that specific nanite type though, in that the just don't work when the character is distracted ... like in a gunfight. So it doesn't automatically apply its bonus all the time.
Ol' Scratch
God I hate color-coded posting. smile.gif
Fortune
How many edits? biggrin.gif
Ol' Scratch
I can't count that high! question.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Well if ol'scratch wasn't so into self agrandaizement.... biggrin.gif

Toturi's the only one that's asked a direct question, so I posted a response detailing the plane's interior. That can pretty much do for anyone. To save time, investigations, and paranoia , there are no bugs on the plane. There is only the pilot and co-pilot, and the flight attendant. Also, avoiding scary sterotypes and "are there any girls there?" moments, not all of the attendants are females, only one is an elf, and no you cannot "do them", no matter how much Mountain Dew you have. smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Well if ol'scratch wasn't so into self agrandaizement.... biggrin.gif

-10 Cool Points for using a big word. +10 Cool Points for totally misspelling it.

Toturi's the only one that's asked a direct question, so I posted a response detailing the plane's interior. That can pretty much do for anyone. To save time, investigations, and paranoia , there are no bugs on the plane. There is only the pilot and co-pilot, and the flight attendant. Also, avoiding scary sterotypes and "are there any girls there?" moments, not all of the attendants are females, only one is an elf, and no you cannot "do them", no matter how much Mountain Dew you have.  smile.gif

Oh ho, a challenge! We shall see about that! Tailored Phereomones, HOOOOOOO!
Trigger
@Fist: Any news on my Trigger V2.0 PM I sent you? I want to try and get him up on Cast of Shadows and here, I just want to make sure he is cool by you first.
Fortune
Fuck the plane ... covered it in one. biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (toturi)
EDIT ...

lmao biggrin.gif

Just noticed the change.
Ol' Scratch
How often does Edge replenish? Once per "scene" along with karma rewards?
fistandantilus4.0
Most likely but don't bank your life on it. wink.gif Assuming you have some down time to rest, Edge should refresh. If you're on the run from a gang of pirates after shooting it out with another crew, Edge will not have refreshed.
fistandantilus4.0
Ok, unless anyone has anything specific that hey want to do, the meeting is at 2100 with a "Mr Johnson and Company"
If there's nothing you want to do before that, arrive there please. Trying to avoid the usual pre-meet lag.

The meet takes place in a private meeting room on the third floor. Ball room has been reserved.
fistandantilus4.0
In case it needs to be said, anyone else enteirng loaded for bear is going to get the same back room treatment.
Trigger
Not carrying any weaponry on my person.

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
@Trigger

[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
Fine, fine, luggage it is then. Bastards. Taking my accessories. Never letting the mage accessorize, never.
fistandantilus4.0
looking over the char sheet, I see you have extended masking. But frankly they'll be looking at you really close and take you in to the back room and have you "deposit any and all foci" just for how you look.
Trigger
What is the current conversion rate for nuyne to CAS $? I remember it being something like 2 or 3 : 1, $ : nuyen.gif in SR3, but I don't know how much it has changed in the years, especially with some of the declines in power from the collective Japanacorps.
Ol' Scratch
It's totally 10-nuyen per dollar.
Trigger
Yeah, thnk you're totally right Doc, I must have forgoteen that. 10 nuyen.gif to 1 CAS dollar sounds just right.
fistandantilus4.0
Hmm, I'd recalled it being closer to 2 nuyen per dollar actually. Perhaps that gives a little clarification as to the pay rate?

aka they are paying a shit load. To the survivors at least. cool.gif
Trigger
Sounds good by me, I actually thought that it was $2 : 1 nuyen.gif, but that reverse sounds much more likely biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
if I'm wrong on the conversion amount (and I may be since I think I'm basing it off of an old SB), the pay will still be equivelant. Better earn those moneys though boys and girls.
Fortune
Last time I read something about it, the conversion rate was $5 UCAS (CAS being roughly equivalent AFAIK) = Â?Â¥1.
Ol' Scratch
I just looked it up in Shadows of North America p. 58. It's 3 CAS Dollars per Nuyen. So our offer based upon what Fistandantilus said should be $1,800,000 (600,000 nuyen) with an added $180,000 (60,000 nuyen) thrown.
Fortune
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I just looked it up in Shadows of North America p. 58. It's 3 CAS Dollars per Nuyen.

I think I tried to find it there and couldn't. so I went back farther and took the old UCAS rate.
fistandantilus4.0
Thanks Doc. The target pay I was shooting for is the ridiculous sum of nuyen.gif 600,000 nuyen each.
Grinder
The payment is barely adequate. biggrin.gif
Fortune
It's a good opening bid. wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Doc in IC thread)
* OOC: If you'd rather we keep negotiating, just say as much and I'll come back and edit this. I tried to wait a good 24 hours so everyone could voice in if they wanted to.

We're all just waiting for you to do your job. wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
/angry

I rush, I get yelled at. I wait, I get yelled at. No pleasing you jerks! biggrin.gif
Trigger
Yes there is, make it so we are each getting 750k nuyen.gif instead of this simple 660K nuyen.gif, or better yet, a million nuyen.gif each, then maybe even Fortune will be happy with it.
Ol' Scratch
Oh snap. I get us up from 100,000-nuyen (if we had gone with the original numbers posted) to 660,000-nuyen and I'm still getting grief. Oh, I hate you bastards.
fistandantilus4.0
rotfl.gif

Dissension in the ranks already! Start shooting !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012