Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Innate spell - broken?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
FriendoftheDork
Average citizen? That's a bit to loose. How well is the average citizen of today educated? Not at all, or shobby. How well is the priveleged citizens of the "west?" That varies alot.

For most wageslaves, they will receive the kind of education they need and no further (without at least showing promise). Still some megas are said to have excelent education systems.

As for SINless, the only education is "school of life", as Trog put it on his Project Hope application form wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (FriendoftheDork)
Oh and it's not so cold here in the summer anyway, at least not in Oslo.

Yes, I know. It was a joke.

Quite a few of us are a lot more traveled than you might think.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (FriendoftheDork)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Oct 11 2007, 03:58 PM)
...will be in Europe next summer, but alas, Scandinavia is not on the itinerary. frown.gif

...would be kinda cool to drop in on a session though as I have pretty much everything in PDF format. grinbig.gif

Hey cool. Hmm, I think it's weird that you guys think of going to europe as if going to a bunch of homogenous nations nyahnyah.gif

Which country are you going to? There's a vast difference between say, Greece and Norway.

...well shoot, you almost get 24hrs of daylight up there in summer.

My travels (personally designed itinerary) start in the UK. Will be kind of following the itinerary of my NPC Leela's concert tour though Europe from my Rhapsody in Shadow campaign (to my players - yes there is a method to my madness grinbig.gif).

After the UK will be "training" it through Belgium, (Cesar Franck), the Netherlands (lots of lovely old Arp Schnitger pipe organs there), & northern Germany - Berlin (I went though the checkpoint in '73 to visit a great Aunt in East Berlin when I was a on a student exchange) & Leipzig (J.S Bach). Then down to Warsaw (Chopin) Prague (Dvorak) Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest (yeah more decomposing composers including Chopin's buddy, Liszt) Then on to Beograd, Zagreb and the Dalmatian coast. On next to Venice, Rome, Monaco Marseilles then taking the TGV to Paris were I will spend some time (yet even more Compousers decomposee' including my "mentor" Olivier Messiaen and lots of Cavaille Coll Pipe organs). Then it's back under the channel to merry ole' England for a few pints and a pilgrimage to the home of the Fab Four, and finally (is it over already?) return flight. Looking at about 5 weeks or so, maybe more with unplanned for stops a very likely possibility.

Basically, In need of a major sabbatical, something quite uncommon in the USA unless you are a tenured Professor.

[/derail] heh almost makes a joke... grinbig.gif
FriendoftheDork
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (FriendoftheDork @ Oct 12 2007, 01:44 AM)

Yes, I know. It was a joke.

Quite a few of us are a lot more traveled than you might think.

That remark was for KK btw, I took him literally when he said it would be "cool" to visit Norway nyahnyah.gif

I really don't think of Dumpshockers as average in anything smile.gif

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)

...well shoot, you almost get 24hrs of daylight up there in summer.

Only way up north, like in Vardø. The sun sets late, but it always does eventually down here even in summertime. It never gets pitch dark in the summer though, which bugs me as I often have trouble sleeping.

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)

My travels (personally designed itinerary) start in the UK. Will be kind of following the itinerary of my NPC Leela's concert tour though Europe from my Rhapsody in Shadow campaign (to my players - yes there is a method to my madness ).

After the UK will be "training" it through Belgium, (Cesar Franck), the Netherlands (lots of lovely old Arp Schnitger pipe organs there), & northern Germany - Berlin (I went though the checkpoint in '73 to visit a great Aunt in East Berlin when I was a on a student exchange) & Leipzig (J.S Bach). Then down to Warsaw (Chopin) Prague (Dvorak) Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest (yeah more decomposing composers including Chopin's buddy, Liszt) Then on to Beograd, Zagreb and the Dalmatian coast. On next to Venice, Rome, Monaco Marseilles then taking the TGV to Paris were I will spend some time (yet even more Compousers decomposee' including my "mentor" Olivier Messiaen and lots of Cavaille Coll Pipe organs). Then it's back under the channel to merry ole' England for a few pints and a pilgrimage to the home of the Fab Four, and finally (is it over already?) return flight. Looking at about 5 weeks or so, maybe more with unplanned for stops a very likely possibility.

Basically, In need of a major sabbatical, something quite uncommon in the USA unless you are a tenured Professor.

Wow i wish I was with ya. There are lots of places I want to go on that list.
Well if you're going to northern germany you could perhaps take the ferry from Kiel to Oslo, it dosen't take that long to cross. Well, if you have the time and is really interested. Otherwise, bon voyage!

Sabbaticals isn't that common here either, but not limited to professors but to any sometimes middle aged save up to go sailing or whatnot.
Interrails are somewhat common for students, but then you travel fairly quickly through the countries. If you're gonna spend a year it is something else entirely.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (FriendoftheDork)
Well if you're going to northern germany you could perhaps take the ferry from Kiel to Oslo, it dosen't take that long to cross. Well, if you have the time and is really interested.

...I'll give it some thought. As I alluded to, the itinerary is not totally carved in granite & I will be carrying my trusty notebook with me.

Would be good for the Short One (#26) to expand her horizons a bit by getting out of Seattle and checking out the shadows elsewhere. grinbig.gif

"Dumpshockers Across the Water"

[/derail][re-rail]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012