Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pun-Pun and Bloodzilla
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
samuelbeckett
Parkour...great for scaling buildings, pretty poor for dodging bullets grinbig.gif
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (samuelbeckett @ May 2 2008, 04:56 AM) *
Parkour...great for scaling buildings, pretty poor for dodging bullets grinbig.gif

Hrm. This requires a test. Here, let me go run up this wall, and you shoot at me.
samuelbeckett
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 2 2008, 01:01 PM) *
Hrm. This requires a test. Here, let me go run up this wall, and you shoot at me.

Hey man, you want to get ventilated whilst looking stylish, go right ahead...

Although in Matrix land, running up the wall does seem to help you avoid automatic weapon fire cool.gif
HentaiZonga
Incidentally, how long does half a million nuyen take to accumulate, when running? SR4 has no guidelines that I can find regarding how much a 'run actually pays.
Stahlseele
long . .
quentra
Up to GM discretion, really. Pay what you feel is appropriate for the run, but take into account the character's various lifestyle costs, and 'profit' cred, something they'd use to purchase new gear, ware, foci, etc.
Stahlseele
in SR3, Cyber was hellishly expansive, yeah . . but if you had cybered opponents, you could SELL them later on and make a small fortune, if you had nothing against a bit of a reputation of being someone who does not hesistate to sell peoples bopdies if they cross you . .
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Glyph @ May 1 2008, 10:49 PM) *
samuelbeckett's melee build uses hardliner gloves to make his hands count as "weapons", so that he can use the two-weapon fighting style maneuver, which lets you use the rules for full defense to parry with the off hand to get full defense that doesn't cost an action. As I said in the first paragraph, it's a rules interpretation that not every GM would allow.

Still, if the GM nixed it, you could change it to dual-wielded Katars. Even making one of them a weapon focus with a personalized grip, it would still be a cheaper build overall. You would lose the insane DV, but roll more to hit, and be able to replace some of the unarmed damage-boosting adept powers with more combat sense.

Also: reading the rules, Hardliner Gloves are basically just brass knuckles, right? So weighted steel-toed boots should do the same thing, but for kicking?
Rail
QUOTE (samuelbeckett @ May 2 2008, 05:06 AM) *
Although in Matrix land, running up the wall does seem to help you avoid automatic weapon fire cool.gif

Of course it does. Most automatic weapons pull up and to the right, but since you have chipped knowledge, you unconciously run up and left. wink.gif
ElFenrir
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 2 2008, 10:11 AM) *
Also: reading the rules, Hardliner Gloves are basically just brass knuckles, right? So weighted steel-toed boots should do the same thing, but for kicking?

The weighted boots seem to be a table by table thing, to be honest. We use them; about any unarmed dude i play(well, ok, the small handful of them) has them with a pair of hardliner gloves, but not every table does. (i tend to like the kicky-styles or the equal punching/kicking styles over the more punching or grappling styles.) I don't see why they couldn't be in the book; they just add +1 DV to kicks. Some GMs MIGHT want to rule that they might give a -1 or 2 to Infiltration rolls-but the Hardliner gloves don't have any disadvantages, so i think they'd be ok to stick in the book. Again, we use em for fun. biggrin.gif
Mickle5125
for heinous melee damage, max out agility and dual wield monofilament whips. smokin.gif
ElFenrir
Don't forget to have your savings ready to get your cyberarms afterward. wink.gif

Or....even better!! Get a pair of Agility Maxed Cyberarms with Hardened Armor. Monowhips do crap vs. hardened armor. This way you'll have a better chance of not killing yourself. biggrin.gif
Mickle5125
What? I didn't say who the heinous damage would be against...
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ May 2 2008, 07:47 PM) *
for heinous melee damage, max out agility and dual wield monofilament whips. smokin.gif

If you take the spirit knack, magician, or mystic adept edge, and summon something with the guard power, it'll actually work.
Glyph
Norris looks good, except that you can have a skill of 6, or two skills of 5, but not a 6 and a 5. So gymnastics needs to come down to 4.

But if you do that, and leave the perception specialization for later, you can take those 6 BP to buy and bond a Force: 2 hardliner glove weapon focus (and to really make your GM turn beet red, get a "personalized grip" for it rotfl.gif ).
Glyph
Norris looks good, except that you can have a skill of 6, or two skills of 5, but not a 6 and a 5. So gymnastics needs to come down to 4.

But if you do that, and leave the perception specialization for later, you can take those 6 BP to buy and bond a Force: 2 hardliner glove weapon focus (and to really make your GM turn beet red, get a "personalized grip" for it rotfl.gif ).
Glyph

HentaiZonga
QUOTE (ElFenrir @ May 2 2008, 12:43 PM) *
The weighted boots seem to be a table by table thing, to be honest. We use them; about any unarmed dude i play(well, ok, the small handful of them) has them with a pair of hardliner gloves, but not every table does. (i tend to like the kicky-styles or the equal punching/kicking styles over the more punching or grappling styles.) I don't see why they couldn't be in the book; they just add +1 DV to kicks. Some GMs MIGHT want to rule that they might give a -1 or 2 to Infiltration rolls-but the Hardliner gloves don't have any disadvantages, so i think they'd be ok to stick in the book. Again, we use em for fun. biggrin.gif

*nod* the player wouldn't mind -1 to -2 to Infiltration rolls, to be honest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012