Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting busted and the justice system..
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kagetenshi
Hah. Hah. Hah. Never read anything with Art Dankwalther in it past the Will itself, have you?

~J
ShadowDragon8685
Didn't he get nuked from orbit as the only way to be sure he was dead?
Kagetenshi
Thor shot. They hit a single person with a bunker-buster. It provided so monumentally stupid an ending, I think it actually outweighed the fact that that it ended that plotline.

~J
ShadowDragon8685
As far as I'm concerned, anything involving orbital weapons employed against single targets falls into the "Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure" catagory, even if nukes are not actually involved.

What did he do that pissed them off that bad, anyway?
Mercer
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
Anyway, there were some good points brought up. The point about only having to make every other payment on the rent strikes my as valid, in a power-gamer way. Eventually I'd think the landlord would note that you're literally only paying him half the time, and he'd hire some mugs to come 'round and beat you senseless.

I give you my finest shrug. (I'm not a power-gamer, in that I find raw character power and the numbers side of the game to be the least interesting aspects of it, I just noticed that the way they wrote Keeping Up The Payments means you only have to pay every other month. If they'd wrote it "equal to or greater" rather than greater, if you paid every other month you'd get evicted about once a year.)

But Lifestyle isn't rent. It isn't even rent plus car payment. It's Everything. Its the vastly simplified process of living in a modern society. Given that the average family has around 10k in debt today, most people probably pay their lifestyle every other month. Paying every other month is the in-game equivilent of leaning hard on your credit cards and eating ramen all next month to pay the bill down, but the game doesn't get into that level of detail.

I now return you to the debate on the 2070 justice system, already in progress.
martindv
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
What did he do that pissed them off that bad, anyway?

His activities against Novatech were beginning to also harm other megacorps, so they decided to settle the case against him out of court.
Daddy's Little Ninja
I would think maybe Togo is alive because the guards get a bribe from his chummers. A few nuyen.gif in the pocket of an underpaid slob and a favor from a group of SOTA cybered trolls can make the average guard's life much safer.

In return they keep an eye on Togo. And besides, what fellow prisoner is going to shank a troll like Togo?
martindv
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Dec 2 2007, 10:01 PM)
One per 150? Isen't that just begging for an enterprising criminal mastermind to organize the prisoner population in a general revolt?

No, first because that ratio didn't come out of thin air; and two, because again you're forgetting that there is a well established power structure in prisons where it is usually not worth the trouble of disturbing the herd, let alone getting everyone in on it before the plot gets ratted out to the COs or someone inside decides to preemptively stop it.

There are men running large outside gangs from inside Supermax prisons--what difference would it make if there was a riot? What difference would it make to the multi-lifers?

QUOTE (Fortune)
I put this forth for discussion ...

Why is Lord Torgo alive and well, and even in command of the Spikes, even though he is currently incarcerated? One would think that he would be a prime target for the type of treatment or disposal being advocated by some in this thread, once he was rendered harmless.

Because unless he's dead, he'll never be harmless.

Let's assume Lord Torgo's in supermax, but not totally segregated like the three or four most dangerous people at ADX. He's living in a state of semi-retirement, commanding a gang that is still loyal to him through any number of ways, and he's not long for the world anyway since he's a troll. Once it became evident that Lone Star was coming after him for reals, he gave up instead of going down shooting because he's smart. Inside, he's spent all of his time on three things: running the gang, studying everything he can get his hands on, and working out like a mofo.

For the prison, it's unlikely that he would be experimented on or mistreated because he's a celebrity inmate, and because he's almost certainly stronger and tougher than he was when he went in--and removing him from his cell has ceased being an option.
Fortune
That doesn't explain why he just wasn't gunned down in the street 'resisting arrest' even after surrendering, or after having been taken 'into custody' (but before processing), why he wasn't just killed and harvested, as has been suggested be the normal practice for Lone Star.
Ravor
He either greased the right palms as he went in or someone in Lonestar decided that he was worth more to them alive then dead, and being the leader of a sucessful gang helps his worth provided that he is willing to engauge in a little quid-pro-quo from time to time.
Mercer
Well, he is worth more alive than dead because dead he isn't worth anything and alive he's worth 50 bucks a day.
Ravor
No, dead he is worth whatever recyclable cyber he has installed plus organlegging. Alive he is worth 50 nuyen.gif a day minus costs plus whatever favors his gang can provide to Lonestar on occassion.

Mercer
Why does Lone Star need favors from a gang if they have strike teams and wholesale organlegging operations?

Or... are there some things Lone Star can't get away with, and have to subcontract to deniable assets?
martindv
QUOTE (Mercer)
Why does Lone Star need favors from a gang if they have strike teams and wholesale organlegging operations?

Or... are there some things Lone Star can't get away with, and have to subcontract to deniable assets?

Intelligence and deniable assets.

So, yeah. Sounds about right.

Of course, I just realized that maybe the Feds have him, which would definitely go to intel and deniable assets.
Ravor
QUOTE (Mercer)

Of course there are things that Lonestar can't get away with, they are only Rated AA if I'm remembering correctly. However, the things that they can and can not get away with aren't dictated by the public, but instead are decided by the Megas and their trained poodle, the Corperate Court.
kzt
No, Lone Star depends completely on contracts signed by elected officials. Lots of companies compete for these contracts.

They are FAR more impacted by public opinion than most megas.
Ravor
That only follows if you believe the elected officals pay more then lip service to the masses, and if you believe that the masses are both informed and motivated enough to vote based off their feelings for Lonestar. (Besides that I was under the impression that like all security companies Lonestar also handled private contracts as well, did I get a couple of braincells crossed?)

Look at the apathy level and short attention span of the American public in 2007, and adjust it for the world of 2050+. Right now people are largely able to choose their "news" sources to only hear the side that they agree with, now imagine what people would do with AR and VR tech.

Narse
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 3 2007, 04:54 AM)
Can you give any quotes to back up any of that? As far as I know, there is no difference between a SINner that has been convicted (Criminal SIN) and a former SINless that has been arrested (Criminal SIN). The are both now considered SINners, with the same rights.

Absolutely not. I am extrapolating from the current situation. Illegal immigrants who are arrested are not granted citizenship today (where I live, at least), so I see no reason that they would be granted said citizenship in 2070.

Becoming a criminal (and acquiring a SIN) does indeed make you a full citizen.

This makes no sense to me. Why on earth would they do that? In the system in the US today, becoming a convicted felon keeps you from being eligible to vote. I don't really see the distopian setting of SR allowing something as open minded as voting rights for convicts, especially if they didn't previously have any rights. (as is my understanding of the case of SINless)

Can you find anything in the books that states otherwise?

No, I only have SR4 and Street Magic. However, it looks like Prime Mover did.

Keep in mind that there are specific limits on just what types of creatures are eligible for SINs and citizenry, and usually Spirits and Sasquatch do not fit the requirements.

Which is why I said they would be commiting crimes, so they could get around those draconian citizenship laws via the much more progressive penal system.
Doesn't that statement strike you as a little, well, Wacked Out?

Look, I really am not trying to pick an argument here. I have a great respect for you and your opinions, but what you are saying doesn't play well with my notions of distopic settings.
ShadowDragon8685
Most of me laughs. Some part of me finds the suggestion that the penal system be more progressive than the system itself to be ironically entirely in keeping with the ideals of dystopia.
Fortune
QUOTE (Narse)
I am extrapolating from the current situation. Illegal immigrants who are arrested are not granted citizenship today (where I live, at least), so I see no reason that they would be granted said citizenship in 2070.

Actually, in a fairly large percentage of the western world today, arrested illegal immigrants are given citizenship quite often. Especially places like Australia.

This makes no sense to me. Why on earth would they do that? In the system in the US today, becoming a convicted felon keeps you from being eligible to vote. I don't really see the distopian setting of SR allowing something as open minded as voting rights for convicts, especially if they didn't previously have any rights. (as is my understanding of the case of SINless)

A SINner that is convicted has some rights taken away. A SINless person that is arrested gains some rights, as they are now in the system. Keep in mind that it is not illegal in and of itself to be SINless.

Keep in mind that there are specific limits on just what types of creatures are eligible for SINs and citizenry, and usually Spirits and Sasquatch do not fit the requirements.

Which is why I said they would be commiting crimes, so they could get around those draconian citizenship laws via the much more progressive penal system.

If a wild coyote is taken into custody for an urban rampage, it is not granted citizenship. Why would something that is not eligible for said citizenship be granted it in any case short of a law change (as the UCAS did for Dunky)? People that are eligible to be citizens, and are not already in the system, will then be placed in the system when they are arrested, and the need arises for them to actually be in the system.
Mercer
QUOTE (Narse)
Illegal immigrants who are arrested are not granted citizenship today (where I live, at least), so I see no reason that they would be granted said citizenship in 2070.

SINs aren't citizenship. They're essentially a tracking code. (Illegal immigrants aren't the best example for SINless, since they are non-citizens. A guy from the NAN who slips the border is in UCAS illegally, but he's still in the system. SINless aren't citizens of anywhere, which makes dealing with them more difficult.)

QUOTE (Narse)
QUOTE (Fortune)

Citizenship isn't the same thing as basic human rights. Getting a SIN means the systems (begrudgingly) acknowledges you exist. Someone who is arrested and given a SIN but not convicted of a crime might have probationary citizenship, dependent on passing a citizenship test. Even if not convicted of anything, they might still face deportation to whomever will take them (including megacorporates looking for cheap labor, or the nearest nation that will accept them). Newly SINned elves might be deported to the Tir, orks to Cascade Ork, anyone with Amerindian genes to the one of the NAN, and so on. (This is all wild speculation on my part.) If they are convicted, its largely a moot point since most of the rights they would be granted for citizenship would be taken away for being a felon.

After Crash 2.0, almost everybody was SINless, weren't they? I imagine a big part of the chaos after that was getting everybody signed back up. Anyone who didn't want a SIN just ghosted, anyone who did filled out a lot of forms. So there must be some reason to remain SINless, or something about being in the System that people don't like. Being arrested and issued a SIN is in part a punative measure, its to make finding you and punishing you easier. (From a game design perspective, its there to stick it to the pc's who get caught.)

QUOTE (Narse)

This probably happens, particularly in the winter. A guy might be all free and living "off paper" and then it turns cold and he gets tired of sleeping on a steam vent and so he foots it over to a B/C neighborhood and throws a chunk of plastcrete through a shop window (or just beats it against the impact resistant plexiglass) until Lone Star shows up and he says, "Yes, it was me, in the street, with the chunk of plastcrete. Mystery solved. Take me to jail where its warm and you feed me." (These might be the mysterious arrestees that don't get SINs, as alluded to in the Lone Star book. Lone Star might just put them in the drunk tank for the night and turn them loose in the morning.)

But for the SINless who aren't sleeping on steam grates and having to fend off devil rats-- for the SINless who are doing pretty good, not paying taxes and not having to deal with the overbearing presence of the modern corporate state-- getting a SIN is actually a step down. Its being stamped with a bar code. Now they want to know why you don't have a job or a listed address and aren't paying taxes; all likely qualifiers for your probationary citizenship. You might be able to escape their clutches but the first blown traffic stop and you find yourself being deported or charged with vagrancy (as well as likely having a false ID, and who's car were you driving, anyway?) nevermind what illegal gear you might have on you if you're actually a runner. (That's a small percentage of the SINless, but a very high percentage of the pcs so it bears thinking about.)

But just because you have a SIN doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be any better off, particularly if you're flat-broke (or have money you can't report). It just means they know about you and that life as you know it will get more complicated.
Blade
Maybe Lord Togo was rich/clever/influential enough to make it worth to someone rich/powerful enough to go to prison, or to make it better for someone to go to prison than to get killed.

Or maybe Lord Togo has been killed while resisting arrest and is now in prison and in command of the Spikes... I'll let you think about this one.
Mercer
I think LT is a nod to the various, real-world criminals who ran their organizations from inside prison.
Penta
Or maybe he was like the real world's "Donnie Brasco".
Daddy's Little Ninja
I think it is a good point that being SINless is not a crime. They are the people being disadvantaged by the state that does not recognize them existing. By getting arrested and put into the system, you become recognized. this might in fact be a very liberal humanitarian part of getting arrested. "Oh my you slipped through societies safety net and so were forced into a life of crime. We shall now help you by making sure you are not so disadvantaged again. Please remember to file your taxes."

It is only we who view the world in a neo-anarchist player way would see this as a bad thing.

They do not want to sign up everyone in the barrens because that would force the expenditure of resources to support the population, but someone who hits the radar as a criminal clearly has to be watched because they have started acting against normal, read registered, society. They fear the SINless only if they threatened to disrupt the normal world. After all. Let he who is without SIN cast the first stone.

Fortune
I have never read a post of yours that I agree with more than that. smile.gif
martindv
QUOTE (Mercer)
After Crash 2.0, almost everybody was SINless, weren't they? I imagine a big part of the chaos after that was getting everybody signed back up. Anyone who didn't want a SIN just ghosted, anyone who did filled out a lot of forms.

No, not that many people's SINs were erased, and officially the GSINR remained intact and protected during the Crash. There may have been some isolated incidences reported, but they could have just been SINless people trying to game the system. wink.gif
Pendaric
The question arises however, if getting arrested gives you a SIN, why does the large SINless population not inundate the justic system with crimes to get welfare?
Sir_Psycho
I read an interesting cyber-punk japanese graphic novel where a homeless person did something similar to that. He believed that going to prison would be much better for him, because of a bed and regular meals, so he decides to commit a crime in front of a cop.

The cop, the protagonist has been severely mind-fucked by a serial killer throughout the novel, and as he pursues the killer on to the train and shouts "police!" the homeless fool sees his chance and leaps for a woman's handbag, and the cop subsequently shoots him dead.

I think in Shadowrun that would be the kind of rumor perpetuated amongst the SINless. Whether Lone Star mass-harvests the organs of their inmates, you can bet the SINless have heard that they do.
Fortune
QUOTE (Pendaric)
The question arises however, if getting arrested gives you a SIN, why does the large SINless population not inundate the justic system with crimes to get welfare?

Because there is no Welfare.
nezumi
But there are taxes.
Pendaric
I started this thread to get a solid idea of how the world works for my game. Hell I've have done that. So it does not matter if I can see the inherently consistent logic in anothers model. Thanks for the help and lets stop before this becomes SR OCD.
Daddy's Little Ninja
QUOTE (nezumi)
But there are taxes.

But if you are SINless, nothing to file. they do not know you exist. I agree the real threat is a bunch of SINless committing crime to get any SIN. So probably there is a healthy distrust of LS. Maybe that is why they are so brutal.

The Sinless get a good mark up in the UCAS becasue that is where the first 3 ed's were set. Do we know what the percentage is of SINless in the NAN, CAS or Japan?
Critias
QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Dec 5 2007, 08:49 AM)
But there are taxes.

But if you are SINless, nothing to file. they do not know you exist.

I'm pretty sure that was Nezumi's point. People don't commit crimes to get a SIN on purpose, because there is no quick-and-easy benefit (no welfare). The system hands out SINs to every schmuck that gets arrested not only because they need a handy number to identify them by and process them with (a system identification number, perhaps we could call it!), but because taxes do exist.

The system profits from everyone that's a part of the system, in other words, and loses very little in the exchange. Once you've got a SIN, you're on the books, you're being taxed for anything you make, you're $50 a day (or whatever) for the guys that keep you locked up, and you're a blip on the census reader's radar for some hungry politician once you get out.

The system wins, and profits. You lose, and are just a number. Dystopia reigns. Huzzah!
sloejack
I've tried to keep up with this thread but it went a few different directions here and there so I apologize if I missed something. Where exactly is it stated that a criminal SIN confirs anything other than a tracking number to associate to the dna, fingerprints, photographs, other evidence or documentation that was collected about the alleged criminal?

Since I have yet to find my copy of SOTA64 maybe it says something there about it. However, if does, that wasn't carried forward into the 4th edition rulebooks so I have to wonder if there's an interpretational discrepency.

It seems to me that an assumption was made that having a SIN (of any type) equals citizenship which doesn't seem to hold true. Verifiable citizenship for a mega or state requires an associated SIN for that entity but nothing I've read in the rulebooks suggests that the two are interchangable concepts.

The basic references from the sourcebook from pg. 83 (taking the SINner negative quality) says that if you take the 5 BP version you have a SIN, for 10 BP you have a SIN and a criminal SIN. Checking out the additional information from pgs. 258-259 also doesn't suggest that a criminal SIN confers citizenship, just that having one can make life very difficult when trying to do more mundane things like travel using public transpo, buy/set up a squat, etc.
Snow_Fox
The wholepoint of any SIN is to say you legally exist. If you don't have any SIN, you don't exist. So what some are saying is that even a criminal record is better than NO record.
ShadowDragon8685
Which, in the Sixth World, is not nessessarily true. A lot of people go to extreme lengths to remove that record, after all.
hyzmarca
Not existing can have its advantages.

For Punks, having a SIN might just be a fate worse than death. Nothing messes up underground Anarchist societies like being identified by The Man.
kzt
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
Which, in the Sixth World, is not nessessarily true. A lot of people go to extreme lengths to remove that record, after all.

Which doesn't make any real sense. LEO's never remove things like fingerprints and DNA from the files. The systems are set up to prevent the possibility. They really don't care if you are dead, as detectives find it really interesting that a dead guy is leaving evidence at scenes and trying to pass though checkpoints. And in SR, that happens.
nezumi
That would be why they are extreme lengths. They change their fingerprints, they have deckers break in and delete the relevant records directly from the database. It SHOULDN'T be done, but it obviously can be.
Blade
Personally, I see criminal SIN as just a way to have a file on someone who's supposed not to exist, so that you can find him easily if he commits (or could have committed) a crime. But it doesn't grant you many rights.
It's also a way to show the population that the society does care about everyone.

Anyway, the idea of SIN in Shadowrun has always been very flexible and open to GM interpretation.
Daddy's Little Ninja
But most people who do not want to exist are runners. That is how we look at this. That means people with wealth and probably false ID's. Most SINless people, living in the barrens, do not have these advantages. They would love to get a SIN for the social benefits it gives. like being able to apply for a job.

Sure a criminal record might mean you can only be a janitor at Wuxing's Bellevue facility, but that is a real job with real bene's and so a step above scrimping in the barrens.
Fortune
QUOTE (Blade)
Personally, I see criminal SIN as just a way to have a file on someone who's supposed not to exist, so that you can find him easily if he commits (or could have committed) a crime. But it doesn't grant you many rights.
It's also a way to show the population that the society does care about everyone.

Keep in mind that a Criminal SIN is not just something you stick on any SINless that are arrested. A normal SINner's SIN is also changed to a Criminal SIN when they are convicted.
ShadowDragon8685
So, let's see....

SINless Slob A has no SIN, and wants no SIN, even though he is not a Shadowrunner. He is forced to resort to squatting day in and day out, scrounging up whatever cash he can, sometimes working odd-jobs for shadowrunners, other SINless with a bit more cash (like gangs, etcetera), and the like, sometimes simply scavenging what he needs. He pays no taxes, Lone Star does not know where or who he is (in the event they want to roust some people known to be in area A), the UCAS Federal Government does not acknowledge him, nor can it tax him.

SINless Slob B has a Criminal SIN, which he aquired by hoofing it to a B-area and heaving concrete blocks at windows until the Star arrested him. He did this solely to get a SIN. He spent time in lockup, where he was molested by Bubba the Love Troll without anywhere to run, and his jailers threatened more than once to organleg him. Somehow he got through with his meat intact, and was booted out on the streets with a Criminal-flagged SIN. He goes looking for a job, any job, since he's now a SINner. Nobody will hire him, since he's a criminal, and when he explains that he only did it to get a SIN, that gets him kicked straight out of their offices. Finally he finds a job working a miserable rate as a janitor somewhere awful. He gets paid whatever his employer wants to pay him, probably something stupid like 3 nuyen.gif an hour. He dosen't even clear the full 500 nuyen.gif required for his living expenses (squatting, still) at the end of each month, so he either has to go back to scrounging for the extra cash, or just do the "every other month payment" thing.

And of course, they work him miserably, but that's not the worst. He's lived SINless all his life, he dosen't get trid. April 15 rolls around, he has no idea that since he makes 5,760 nuyen.gif a year, he owes the UCAS Federal Government 576 nuyen.gif. Maybe they don't notice it first, but I'd bet they do. His busted old commlink starts to hiss and sputter one day, but it's not his employer telling him his shift has been extended (for the third time this week, to a fourteen hour day), but it's a big, official-looking notice from the UCAS government telling him that he has 30 days to pay up or else.

And of course, none of this even comes close to contemplating what the gangs might do to him for trying to be a big shot, trying to play at being an upstanding citizen and what-not. Roughing him up, or stealing his cash, the like.

So, if you're a SINless Slob living in the barrens, does not having a SIN sound all that bad? You'll still be a slob living in the barrens, the only difference is that your new employer will take advantage of you ruthlessly, and the UCAS Federal Government will try to hit you up for a tenth (if only a tenth!) of what miserable salary you do pull down. And it may make you a pariah where you squat, too.
sloejack
I'm not sure I agree with the line of thought that anyone would get busted just to get a SIN. If you really want a SIN to be an upstanding citizen, get around, and get a job and enjoy all the associated benefits and penalties of being a registered citizen you can register for one. The simple premise here being that "Acquiring a SIN so that you can get a job" falls into the realm of having something to offer worthy of granting you a SIN

The picture you're painting with the criminal SIN and big brother coming after you doesn't make any sense at all. That takes resources and effort that isn't worth the trouble. I think it's more appropriate to think of SINless with a criminal SIN as illegal aliens. They get busted, they get a criminal SIN, and they get sent home. There's no expectation that they'll be looking for a job now that they have this wonderful new criminal SIN, or that they'll pay taxes, or anything else.

nezumi
Except SINless Slob A also works as a janitor for KongMart, just like modern illegal immigrants are hired for stupid jobs at terrible rates. I don't think Aztechnology i going to turn an employee away just because he has no SIN. No SIN means Aztechnology doesn't have to pay taxes or benefits for that employee and no one asks questions when that employee is canned (or worse). They keep the Stuffer Shack running for less cost.

The underworld doesn't want SINs for obvious reasons, so mafia, yak and triads will avoid them, and their many operations avoid them.

Smugglers don't want SINs. People who rebel against the system don't want SINs (which includes a ton of the NAN). People who can get a job without a SIN don't want a SIN. It's only when you're crossing that line from Low (you CAN get a low lifestyle without a SIN, and there are jobs out in the barrens which pay well enough to support it) to Moderate that you would actively want to pursue a SIN, but what moderate-level jobs would want an ex-con? You might do it so your kid would get a SIN though. Slob B gets a criminal SIN, so his son gets a normal SIN and hopefully son goes and gets a real job. I could realistically see people going from High to Luxury as wanting to get rid of their SIN. No SIN means, like people said, no taxes. Depending on the business, not being able to legally open a business front may be worth it if you don't have to pay taxes on it either.
Mercer
There's really no reason why squatters can't have SINs, if they're flat broke they're still going to be squatting. I think we've been assuming that everybody in the barrens is going to be SINless because its implied in the fluff, but it doesn't really matter. Having money and no SIN is probably better than having a SIN and no money.

I think a lot of criminals (particularly organized crime, or high end people like Andre Brauher in Thief) are going to have legal identities that they protect, and fronts that are legitimate businesses. SINless criminals (or for that matter, Criminal SINs) are going to be the second-tier people, the disposable, deniable assets. (Us, in other words, although come to think of it, I don't think I've ever played a SINless character.)
Fortune
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
SINless Slob B has a Criminal SIN, which he aquired by hoofing it to a B-area and heaving concrete blocks at windows until the Star arrested him. He did this solely to get a SIN. He spent time in lockup, where he was molested by Bubba the Love Troll without anywhere to run, and his jailers threatened more than once to organleg him. Somehow he got through with his meat intact, and was booted out on the streets with a Criminal-flagged SIN. He goes looking for a job, any job, since he's now a SINner. Nobody will hire him, since he's a criminal, and when he explains that he only did it to get a SIN, that gets him kicked straight out of their offices. Finally he finds a job working a miserable rate as a janitor somewhere awful. He gets paid whatever his employer wants to pay him, probably something stupid like 3 nuyen.gif an hour. He dosen't even clear the full 500 nuyen.gif required for his living expenses (squatting, still) at the end of each month, so he either has to go back to scrounging for the extra cash, or just do the "every other month payment" thing.

But now he has a SIN (criminal or not), and therefore has to be given any rights and proper pay scales that normal SINners get. The employer would have just as hard (or easy) a time employing people with SINs at below scale in 2070 as they would today. If they want to emply people for next to no wages, there are always SINless.
ShadowDragon8685
What rights and proper pay scales? It's been a recognized fact that megacorps call the shots (especially on Extraterritorial property), not elected governments.

Besides, what's he going to do if they don't pay him the minimum wage? Sue? rotfl.gif
martindv
QUOTE (nezumi)
he underworld doesn't want SINs for obvious reasons, so mafia, yak and triads will avoid them, and their many operations avoid them.

QUOTE (Goodfellas)
My birth certificate and my arrest sheet. That's all there was to prove that I was ever alive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012