Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Star Wars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ludomastro
Ok, this is the reboot of Time of Thrawn due to people pulling out of the original game. If you are in you have received (or will receive) a PM about it.

(Re)submit character sheets with pre-approved changes.
ludomastro
IC Thread

A quick note on formatting for the game:

Speech is salmon.

Thoughts are aquamarine.

Bold is for names.

I like simple. spin.gif
ludomastro
The four of you (Ophis, fistandantilus3.0, Meriss and SinN) are welcome to post OOC chatter, etc. here. I understand that Meriss may be a bit delayed in starting along with SinN due to needing to come up to speed with the books.

The four of you are obviously Rebels - being the Rebellion Era and all. You are assigned to work together as a trouble shooting squad for whatever the Rebellion command dreams up. You have a superior officer - me of course grinbig.gif

Seriously, your CO is Special Operations Commander Dalton. You are part of a Special Operation Mission Group. You do not have unfettered reign over your actions - that is reserved for Special Operations Teams embedded behind enemy lines - however; you are given a great deal of latitude over how to accomplish your orders.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
fistandantilus4.0
Daylin - Failed Jedi

[ Spoiler ]
Ophis
Rand - Renegade Swoop Racer

[ Spoiler ]

SinN
Wow, looks like a fun game. I wish I understood it, so I can play?
Meriss
So I'm in an actual recovery program fer my WoWcrack addiction (I kid but I am going to at least try and pay attention.)

So without futher ado I present to you

Jannel d'Trahn - the Fallen Nobleman

[ Spoiler ]

And Alex If you would like to include SinN in our merry band of Rebels I have a New Player Character Creation Handout. If someone will kindly explain the mechanics of a file transfer on DS or we can use e-mail. And I'll send it to you and you can send it to SinN biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I kno wSinN so if he wants in and Alex is game (although the punk has let DHL die sarcastic.gif ) I can help him through it. Just let me know. He finally has internet at home so his availability shoul dbe up now.
SinN
Ok, so DHL is totally my fault. But I swear it will NEVER happen again. I am shamed. frown.gif
Karaden
Well, looks like you've already got 4 people, and I'm not sure you'd want two people who don't know the system. I know I've scanned it before, but that was ages ago and I don't have any books. Anyway, just wondering if you minded someone else tagging along.

I'd likely do some sort of engineer type, as I seem to recall there being decent rules to deal with them, but if that is too much trouble since I don't have the book I can do something simpler.
ludomastro
Read the (formerly) reserved posts for new information.
Meriss
@Alex: Did you need that New Player Handout?
ludomastro
You can send it to me or to SinN directly. Whichever is easier.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Alex)
You can send it to me or to SinN directly. Whichever is easier.

Send to SinN? Mitch ol' buddy, you get a promotion?
Fortune
QUOTE (Meriss)
@Alex: Did you need that New Player Handout?

If it isn't too much trouble, I wouldn't mind a copy of that. If possible, could you pleasse send it to toxicspirit (at) gmail (dot) com?
ludomastro
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jan 1 2008, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Dec 31 2007, 02:58 PM)
You can send it to me or to SinN directly.  Whichever is easier.

Send to SinN? Mitch ol' buddy, you get a promotion?

No promotion that I am aware of.

@ Meriss

Go ahead and send me a copy. I sent you my email in a PM.
ludomastro
Another quick note:

Your flight base is currently located Tapani Sector on a non-industrial world. The roughly humanoid people that inhabit the planet's southern continent are in a technological state that is close to Earth's Steam Age.

The flight base is on a major island/small continent (think Australia) in the north. The area is considered perfect by Commander Dalton because of (or in spite of) the high ionization in the area. The ionization requires more in the way of ship maintenance; however, it deters the curious. The high level of minerals in the crust hide the base from orbital sensors. The planet does not have a specific name; however, Old Republic starcharts simply list it as AWZ314QSX.
Ophis
How does the local conditions affect repulsor lifts?
ludomastro
Planetside, they are fine but tend to be less powerful than they "should" be. In the system, repulsor engines tend to need overhaul about twice as often as normal.
fistandantilus4.0
I have a lot of info on Tapani sector if you need it. Just about all the books for it really, so any questions, happy to help.

Tapani sector is big on nobles and the aristocracy. Very "rich" culture. Led by a number of major houses, and mostly loyal to the Empire. House Mecetti, the current ruling house, is a strong ally of the Empires. The Emperor ensures this by having "visitors" of many noble families stay on Corsucant for two year terms, making well housed hostages of them, until it rotates to another family.

There's rivalries between the houses of course, House Melantha being the chief rival for Mecetti. Pelagia house was the top dog unti lthe rise ofthe Empire, as Pelagia had a great nubmer of Jedi inthe family. Mecetti assisted the Empire in destorying the house along with it's jedi, and so rose to prominance.

I could go on for reams, but that's the stuff looking at the rumors from the rebellion angle would likely know. Alex, any of that our PCs shouldn't know, just say so and I'l pretend I never read it. smile.gif
ludomastro
Anything that you can share with me would be great as I don't have access to those books. Also, the information that you shared is fair game.
fistandantilus4.0
Well I'll run some stuff by you. Then I'd be hapy to post some more useful and ocmmon information for the other players, for say... a few character points. biggrin.gif
ludomastro
A point of information for a character point .... sounds good to me.
ludomastro
Here are the modified stats for the shuttle I mentioned IC.

Craft: Cygnus Spaceworks Theta-class T-2c Personnel Transport
Type: Personnel shuttle
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 18.5 meters
Skill: Space transports: Theta Shuttle
Crew: 5, skeleton: 1/+10
Passengers: 16
Cargo capacity: 50 metric tons
Consumables: 2 months
Hyperdrive multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive backup: x15
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 1D
Space: 4
Atmosphere: 285; 825 kmh
Hull: 4D
Shields: 1D+2
Sensors:
Passive: 25/0D
Scan: 50/1D
Search: 100/2D
Focus: 4/2D+1
Weapons:
2 Quadlaser Cannons
Fire arc: Front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire control: 2D (Can be set to automated computercontrolled
fire)
Space range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 6D
Laser Cannon
Fire arc: Rear
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire control: 2D (Can be set to automated computercontrolled
fire)
Space range: 1-4/12/25
Atmosphere range: 100-400/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 4D
DTFarstar
I might be interested, and even if I'm not I would love the quickstart info.

Meriss or one of the others, if you would, DTFarstar ([at]) gmail.com

I would appreciate it very much.

Chris
fistandantilus4.0
Hey our ship don't look to bad. biggrin.gif Could hav ea better space speed, but for everything else, I'd say it's pretty decent. Nice hyperdrive too. Danke.
ludomastro
Since I don't know German, de nada, amigo.
fistandantilus4.0
Hehe...

I'll stop throwing up some information packets from the Player's Guide to Tapani; info that should be commonly available to anyone spending an ordante amount of time in the Sector. If I end up with some spare time on my hands, I'll do it IC as well. Just for grins. It might be tomorrow though.
Meriss
@Alex: I'm having trouble finding the IC thread can you (or someone else) link it for me?

@Farstar: On it's way biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Meriss)
@Farstar: On it's way

Guess I's chopped liver. nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
Star Wars IC Thread. wink.gif
Meriss
@Fortune: Nope, just missed yer post the first time through. biggrin.gif Thank you sir! (On its way btw)
Fortune
Much obliged. smile.gif
SinN
Jeryk Jedi in training

DEX 3D
Light Saber-4D
Dodge-4D

PER 3D+1
Sneak-4D
Hide-5D
Search-4D
Persuasion-4D+1

KNOW 3D+2
WillPower-4D+2
Planetary Systems-3D+2
Alien Species-3D+2

STR 2D+2

MECH 2D
Space Transports-2D

TECH 2D+1
Droid Repair-2D+1
LightSaber Repair-3D+1

Control 1D
Force of Will

Equiptment
Lightsaber 5D
Blaster Pistol 4D
2 Magazines
1 Medpack
Robes
fistandantilus4.0
Thought I might throw in a bit of a description of Daylin while I had a few ticks.

Daylin stands on the upper end of 6'3", a very tall man, with what may have used to have been a solid build. However, age and hard living have taken their toll on the old man. He's somewhere in his late fifties, perhaps early sixties, although he is in good physical condition. THis isnt apparent however, as he looks older than his years, having many wrinkles and silver gray hair. Hes not quite 'skin-sagging' old yet, but it may not be far off. He generally weras some sort of simple outfit or technician's coveralls, and often wears a simple borwn robe over whatever else he has on.

Daylin's posture is always correct however, and he carries himself well. He has the approach of 'been there, seen that', but is otherwise humble and in the background. Although he does have a bit of trouble with the 'impetuosness of youth" he does tend to have some problems with patience himself at times.

Daylin tends to adopt the roll of a mentor, doing lots of the thinking, and letting the younger generation take the lead. His time is past, and so he does what he can to help those younger for him avoid his own past failings, and gives advice where he can.
ludomastro
Let me know if there is something special that you want that could be pulled form the base stores?
ludomastro
Guys, let me know if you need an NPC pilot or if one of you has enough skill to pilot this beast. I know that we are still waiting for Meriss to post so he may take the yoke and move us out. I'm here, please let me know what you need.
Meriss
I'll drive. biggrin.gif

Seriously, where are we going?
Ophis
Like Rand actually knows, he's doer not a thinker or a goer...
ludomastro
QUOTE (Commander Dalton)

All right, that's enough waiting. You'll have to fill them in on the way. You will head out to Fondor and investigate what the shipyard is presently building for the Empire. Alliance Intel informs me that the yard is currently open to civilians who are interested in purchasing a custom ship. You are to find out what targets are available and how to hit them. If there is a clear danger that can be removed, do so. Otherwise, report back here. Any questions?

1st page of the IC thread. I think that I have fallen down on my job a bit. What else can I do to help?
fistandantilus4.0
Hiya! Getting some posts in in betwen grave shifts now I have the next few days off so I've got some time to catch up. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
The Tapani Sector is primarily human inhabited, and is slowly beginning to subscribe to the Imperial New Order (prejudice against Aliens). Besides humans, the predominat races are herglics (think a walking, 6' tall killer whale - primarily merchants), gamorreans (jaba's fat pig guards), Mrlissti (little 3' bird guys that can't fly and are big time scholars and inventors. The Noble houses are almost entirely human, with the exception of House Cadriaan, which has been selling noble titles to anyone that cna meet their standards (read:Has Billions of Credits).

Leading Noble Houses are as follows, in rough order:
Greater Houses:
Mecetti
Melantha
Cadriaan
Lesser Houses:
Barnaba
Reena
Calipsa
Pelagia

The major cah cow of the sector is the Shapani bypass, a major trade route that runs from the galaxy Core (where Coruscant is at) all the way out to the outer rim (think - Tattooine). It's main attraction however is that it heads directly to the word of Thyferra, the only source of Bacta in the galaxy.
[ Spoiler ]

The Tapani sector is full of beautiful, but dense gas clouds that interfere with sensor systems. While a ship can jump about in hyperspace all over hte place in most of the galaxy, you can't do that in Tapani sector. You sensors will be flying blind, most likely putting you into an asteroid. Over the centuries, scouts have constructed a network of hyperspace bouys throughout the major space lanes, relaying telemetry to ship's navigation computers on coordinates to the next buoy along the route they want to follow. The buoys regularly update each other with changes in the area and pdate that to ships to get them through hypersapce safely. The only down side is that the only thing pirates have to do is wait for a ship to drop out of hyperspace next to a buoy.

There are three full imperial fleets in the Tapani Sector. One patrols the enitre sector, while one sticks around the capitol world of Procopia in the middle of Tapani space (commonly referred to as The Expanse). The last patrosl the "Freeworlds Region", with particular attention to the ship yards at Tallan, where anything up to an Imperial star destroyer or three can be docked for repairs and servicing.

Tapani space has maintained much of it's independance, mostly governing it's elf, althoug there is a moff (Imperial Governor) assigned to the sector. He's mostly a figure head though, as the Tapani council of houses knows better than to step out of line. They came over willingly to the Empire quickly, which was why they were rewarded with minimal oversight, as long as the toe the Imperial line. As an addee precaution, nobles from ranking families "visit" Imperial Center (Coruscant) for two years at a time at the Emperor's "personal invitation". A nice way of saying that he rotates hostages every season to insure compliance.

fistandantilus4.0
Sorry for the long as post in the IC. I had some time on my hands and just started typing.
ludomastro
fist,

I enjoyed the "long-winded" speech.
fistandantilus4.0
Thanks. smile.gif
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Hey does anyone have anything they need to do at the Rebel base? Otherwise I say we just jump ahead to hyperspace and beyond.
I'd like to research a little more about where we're going, but in the Rebellion era, the Holonet isn't galazy wide anymore, it's system to system only. SO we'd have to do any computer research there, or chat up locals at the cantina (which would probably be a good idea).
ludomastro
fistandantilus3.0

I see a great disturbance in the Whey. Welcome to Cheese Wars.

biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
So the moon really is made of green cheese?! Let's high jack a freighter, load it with pepperoni, and set it for a collision course for the moon. Once it's crashed, we'll you know, steal the death star, and use it to cook the whole damn thing. Like a giant microwave (is that an oxymoron?). Then viola! You've solved galactic hunger! I think that was really the Emperor's intention all along. Then the rebels had to come along and blow up his giant-micro-wave. Bastards. sarcastic.gif
ludomastro
rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

For that you get a CP!
fistandantilus4.0
indifferent.gif

Let me recap...

For alsmot half a age of information about the setting and where we're going, as well as a three paragraph IC philosophical discussion on the Jedi code, I get ...

bupkis

For a half paragraph crack about Star Wars/Pizza/Space Balls, I get a character point....

SWEET!

You shoulda' just said that's what you were lookin' for in the first place!
grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012