Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Priority vs. Points
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Zolhex
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Think I'll stick to skill which only requires about 27 karma to get (a specialization) to 12 (or 18 as an Adept), add in combat pool, and not suffer a +4 TN for defaulting, and keep that 28 strength. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx

I have to agree I made a troll adept he's got a 15 strength +6 dice for bows skill of bows at 7 so I have 13 dice + however much combat pool I want to throw in. Even if I don't use pool I roll 13 dice and do damage starting at 19 m thats allot even if your wearing big bad 9/8 armor which if your gm is allowing mil spec armor then I switch to a heavy weapons gun to better even the playing field.
6thDragon
I'd agree that the character doesn't necessarily have to have had the money and gone on a shopping spree at the start of their shadowrunning career. I had a decker with all the B/R and programming skills. I wanted to say that the character build his own deck and made all the programs himself. The GM agreed because I had all the neccessary skills. Same would go for riggers and their vehicles. However I find it hard to imagine a character building his own cyberware. Although if I remember the SR2 main rulebook had rules for build time and target numbers for that. Anyone know if SR3 published it, or would the rules from 2nd edition still apply?
moosegod
By and large, I assume if SR3 didn't supersede it, SR2 rules still hold true.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (E.O.T.L.F.)
I have to agree I made a troll adept he's got a 15 strength +6 dice for bows skill of bows at 7 so I have 13 dice + however much combat pool I want to throw in. Even if I don't use pool I roll 13 dice and do damage starting at 19 m thats allot even if your wearing big bad 9/8 armor which if your gm is allowing mil spec armor then I switch to a heavy weapons gun to better even the playing field.

Out of curiosity, how did you start with a Projectile Weapons skill of 7 at character creation? If you mean you have a Bows specialization at 7 and a base skill at 5, that means the highest your Improved Ability power can be is 5, too. But at least it shaves 0.5 Power Points off for something else that's cool with bows, like say Quick Draw, and still leaves you with 12 dice. biggrin.gif

Just a minor nitpick. smile.gif
Zolhex
DR. Funk your right I just looked at my guy got to remember to minus 1 point after specialization but hey the quick draw cool idea thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012