Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greenhorns in Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Nigel
1418 2nd January 2070 -- Heaven, Everett Seattle

"Yeah, this is your home. You should know more about it than anyone else. I'm not looking to start a fight, just find the truth. If you don't know anything, give me better people to be in that position than trolls. They've been hired to make messes, not clean them up...and I have a distinct feeling they don't know anything beyond what they've been told. Just come with me and my associate to a back room...alone. You know the place, lead us to one."

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
14:18 2nd Jan 2070 --Heaven, Everett Seattle--

Sybercat comes over the com <<Dreck! Their comlinks just went apeshit! Geek the mage first! I'm diving! And for Christs sake keep an eye out for those trolls! Try and keep one of em alive.>>

She turns to Padre and says "I'm going in. Watch my back." She takes a football mouth-guard out of a pocket and stuffs it into her mouth before going limp. A small window opens in your ARO's and you see an anthropomorphic cat dressed in a mil-spec armour (that still manages to look oddly sexy) carrying a massive assault rifle. She rushes to a wall and plants a demolition charge, blowing a hole that she charges through firing.

Inside: As Loki speaks Lizard Pete begins to sneer. Hex; you hear the distinctive sound of a gun being cocked from behind the door to your right. As you pull your Preadator from its holster the door bursts in and a ganger carrying a Sandler TMP, (a cheap SMG popular among the bottom rung of society) and levels it at you. The other gangers all go for either their pistols or Katana's. In the confusion Lizard Pete tries to dive behind the couch with surprising agility and shoves the joygirl towards Loki.

Everyone's eyes begin darting around looking for cover. Fortunately it's easy to find. Piles of rubble are everywhere, and if you're really desperate, some of those chipheads look like they'd make good bullet sponges.

Initiative (in order):
[ Spoiler ]
Seraph Kast
14:18 2nd January 2070 --Heaven, Everett Seattle--

<<Dreck! Their comlinks just went apeshit! Geek the mage first! I'm diving! And for Christs sake keep an eye out for those trolls! Try and keep one of em alive.>>

Oh drek.

As Hex's pistol slides from the holster, he half turns, seeing the gunman burst through the side door, SMG rising to open fire. Forcing himself not to panic he raises his pistol and takes a shot at Pete, trying to put the mage down before the mojo kicks in. Not bothering to wait to see the results he spins to his right, snapping a shot off at the ganger with the SMG as he starts to move towards him and the desk.

[ Spoiler ]
Nigel
1418 2nd January 2070 -- Heaven, Everett Seattle

<<Dreck! Their comlinks just went apeshit! Geek the mage first! I'm diving! And for Christs sake keep an eye out for those trolls! Try and keep one of them alive.>>

Looks like the fat guy snapped after all. Oh well.

Loki sees the gunman burst in out of the corner of his eyes. Turning to him, he gets behind a pile of rubble while drawing his Guardian. He fires two semi-auto shots at him.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
[ Spoiler ]

Pete dives behind the couch as your bullet slams into the back of his jacket. He disappears from sight as he hits the ground. You hear him shout. "Arrgh! Drouge! Kill the fucking ork NOW!" (Pete is now, out of sight, any attacks targeting him are at a -6 DP modifier for blind fire if you want to shoot through the couch, plus its barrier rating of 4 added to his armour unless you get past his goons and manage a clear shot.)

[ Spoiler ]

The ganger with the SMG flinches a second too late as you pull the trigger. The bullet slams into his chest and he staggers backwards into the doorway before crouching behind the desk and pointing his gun back on target.
imperialus

Sybercat's voice comes over the comlink <<Heh! I'm in their net. Lets see if these bastards enjoy fighting to music (link)>> Everyone sees the gangers wince as Sybercat cranks the volume on their comlinks up to eleven.
Dusty Ghost
Hex almost made Sweeps jump in his quick reactions, stoner was down with wounds and the SMG gunner looked like he got a hit too!

"Arrgh! Drouge! Kill the fucking ork NOW!"

Bastard! Getting people to do his dirty work again. Which one was Drouge! Might be the SMG gunner!
He could only hope the others could take out the SMG as he was too close to Hex to get a clear shot.

He saw the shit-head dive behind the couch. OH NO YOU DON'T!!

He grit his teeth and run around the side of the couch. While running he drew his Hammerli 620S:

[ Spoiler ]

Shit! The gun sticks in it's holster. Not enough time to get both Pete and one of the Gangers!

He brings the gun to bear on Pete and fires:
[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Pete hooks the foot of the couch with his ankle and manages to interpose it between him and you. Your bullet impacts the couch, and stuffing goes flying everywhere.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Loki: It looks like the gangers senses haven't completely abandoned him. He ducks his head behind the stereo just in time for your bullet to nail it causing a shower of sparks and a scattering of plastic.

[ Spoiler ]
Mickle5125
Padre curses softly and activates his hidden arm slide one last time, bringing the gun to bare on the door guard. He activates his smartlink and vision magnification and begins to take aim at the guard, softly muttering a quiet prayer. "Heavenly Father, guide my hand and, above all else, let Thy Will be done here today."
[ Spoiler ]
JoelHalpern
As the room explodes into movement, Dang, that fell apart fast.

As he steps a bit away from the door, Mack goes for the first group of throwing knives at his belt:
[ Spoiler ]

which takes a moment.

The first knife then flies towards the SMG wielder:
[ Spoiler ]

That ought to hurt him.
imperialus
The ganger doesn't even see the knife coming. As he flinches out of the way of Loki's bullet Mack's knife slashes across his throat. He collapses to the ground gurgling as blood pumps out of his neck.
[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Loki: The ganger to your right (G1) charges at you swinging his Katana

[ Spoiler ]

In the mean time the other ganger by the couch (G2) retreats back towards the couch shielding Pete with his body and firing two rounds at Hex.

[ Spoiler ]

Outside Padre sees the lookout fire two rounds into the darkened doorway at Mack.

[ Spoiler ]

Inside the ganger (G4) by the window ducks behind a pile of rubble and fires twice at Sweeps.
[ Spoiler ]

Last but not least the ganger to the back of the room (G5) ducks behind some rubble and puts more lead in Hex's direction.
[ Spoiler ]
JoelHalpern
Mack continues to focus on taking out enemies, while doing what little he can to avoid being hit.
(I.e. defense, but not full Defense.)

First Shot: Enemy has two hits:
[ Spoiler ]

So, Soak 6S damage 16 dice(Body 7, +! Troll, Armor Jacket cool.gif:
[ Spoiler ]

Take 1S Stun

Now for the second shot. -1 Reaction because it is the second shot:
[ Spoiler ]

Mack sidesteps the second shot. Net 1S!
Seraph Kast
Hex registers the gangers focusing on him a split second before they fire, and attempts to throw himself out of the lines of fire as best he can manage, his heavily modified body reacting faster than a speeding bullet...he hoped.

Attacks from G2:
[ Spoiler ]

Attacks from G5:
[ Spoiler ]

He just manages a twisting, midair leap that carries him just out of line of the bullets, one nicking the edge of his jacket as it passes. He lands on his feet beside the desk, but is too busy getting his bearings for a moment to do anything besides recover his balance and attempt to hide behind the desk.
Dusty Ghost
Out of the corner of his eye Sweeps sees ganger(G4) bring his gun to bear,
[ Spoiler ]

Sweeps moves just a little too late, and the bullets buzz past making his skin sting from the heat!
Fuck that was close!
Dusty Ghost
Sweeps is getting pissed off now! The ganger infront of the sofa (G2) is in the way and he does not want him there. He decides he can risk a better shot (calls shot to increase damage +2 with -2 to dice pool)
[ Spoiler ]

He aslo takes a shot at ganger (G4) to stop them surrounding him.
[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Sybercat comes over the com <<I've done all the damage I can do. If stinky Pete survives this he might have a tough time next time he goes to the stuffer shack to pick up a breakfast burrito. I'm jacking out.>>

She rubs her eyes and pulls her AK to her cheek, readying it to fire at the ganger in the street if Padre misses.

(Sybercat only has 2 passes in the meat world so she's done till we roll for init again.)
imperialus
The ganger (G2) flinches as your bullet grazes his temple leaving a thin trickle of blood running down his cheek. Half an inch to the right and it would have been game over.

[ Spoiler ]

The second ganger (G4) ducks his head behind a plasteel girder when you point your gun at him. Your bullet flies past and smashes through the window.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Pete suddenly levers himself up from behind the couch and points a finger at Hex.

[ Spoiler ]
Seraph Kast
Hex recoils as the spell blasts through his body.

[ Spoiler ]

His grip tightens on his gun as he prepares to be floored. After half a second he focuses on Pete again, a grin spreading across his face as he raises his gun...
Nigel
Loki sees that he missed the ganger, and sees a knife tear into his throat. He leaps back from the other ganger as his attack lands, making sure to use Hex as cover. He winces in pain, but keeps moving - getting shot at is part of the job.

How unusual. He doesn't seem to be feeling any pain.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
A swirling mass of detrius kicked up by the battle suddenly coalesces into a vaugely humanoid shape standing on the couch. A low moan escapes from it as it turns two oddly colored eyes towards Hex.
imperialus
Padre leans out the window of the and fires a round at the doorman

[ Spoiler ]

The ganger was completely unaware of a threat to his rear, his attention focused on the troll in front of him. The stick'n shock round catches him completely by surprise. He convulses as the electric shock slams through his body

[ Spoiler ]

Mack, you hear a scream from behind you, glancing over your shoulder you see the ganger hit the deck and begin convulsing. Wow... for a priest, he ain't a half bad shot.
JoelHalpern
Mack, hears a scream from behind, glances over and sees the ganger hit the deck and begin convulsing.
Wow... for a priest, he ain't a half bad shot.

Seeing something materialize on the couch, and knowing that his back is safe, Mack throws two knives at the Spirit:
(with my height, and the Spirit being on the couch, I shouldn't have to worry about missing Sweeps. )

[ Spoiler ]

Well, one knife hits for base 15P less defense and damage soak.
imperialus
The spirit is so focused on Loki that it doesn't see the knife coming. It strikes dead center

[ Spoiler ]

The spirit lets out a low moan as the knife sinks into what appears to be its torso.

imperialus
As the battle with the gators rages inside, Sybercat and Padre hear the low growl of a chopper engine and see two trolls on motorbikes peal out of the alley beside Heaven and speed off to the south towards Snohomish.

Sybercat comes over the com <<Son of a BITCH! Two trolls are bugging out! You guys better clear your dance card if we're going to catch them! Padre and I will cover the door for you.>>

She slams the van into gear and begins accelerating towards Heaven's front door, the vans side door sliding open as she does so.
Seraph Kast
Hex's view of Pete was eclipsed by the spirit manfesting in between them. <<Son of a BITCH! Two trolls are bugging out! You guys better clear your dance card if we're going to catch them! Padre and I will cover the door for you.>>

<<Alright, everyone start moving towards the door, now! We gotta catch those two.>>

Shifting his aim slightly Hex readjusts for the spirit being slightly out of line with his original target and fires two shots at it.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
[ Spoiler ]

As Hex's rounds slam into the spirit the mystic energy holding it together disappears. You hear a low howl emanate from the rubbish as it collapses back to the ground. The gangers, who had been momentarily cheered by the spirit are crushed at seeing it so easily defeated. They all, including Pete begin fleeing from the room or dropping their guns if they are cut off from any exits.
Dusty Ghost
Sweeps flinches as he sees the apparition appear on the sofa.

<<Son of a BITCH! Two trolls are bugging out! You guys better clear your dance card if we're going to catch them! Padre and I will cover the door for you.>>
Just as quickly as it appears, a clear couple of shots from Hex and the apparition falls apart, back to trash. Sweeps only realised he was distracted when he saw one of the gangers run past him to the door.

Good idea! He thought, though he was tempted to try and slam a round into Pete's head on the way out. Waste of ammo though.

"Out! Back to the van!" he yells

with that, he runs to the door.

<<PM to Padre and Sybercat>>
<<It's over, we're coming out>>
Nigel
Loki sees the spirit manifest, then almost immediately die from a few knives in its "chest" area. He marvels for a moment at Hex's combat abilities.

I know I don't want to be on the other side of Hex in a firefight...

<<Son of a BITCH! Two trolls are bugging out! You guys better clear your dance card if we're going to catch them! Padre and I will cover the door for you.>>

Loki runs to the door, ignoring any other gangers or whatnot. He leaps in the van, keeping an eye out for the bikes once they get going.
Mickle5125
*EDIT* Due to the overall suckitude of that last post, I will be redoing it to avoid detracting from the overall good roleplaying that has happened thusfar. I'll try to avoid changing anything important.

Padre frowns as he sees gangers suddenly start fleeing Heaven. What on Earth would make the gangers run like that?

He attempts to fire at a couple of them as the van pulls forward, but abandons that as the all clear comes through. He quickly steps out of the van and stands next to the open door. He watches the others come out of the building and covers their movements, ready to nail anyone who thought about hurting his companions.

Once everyone is in the van and Padre was settled into the passenger's seat, he turns to the others and grins. "So, negotiations fell through? What happened back there?"
Seraph Kast
Hex glanced over his shoulder as the other runners moved out of the room and quickly followed suit. He didn't want to give Pete and the other survivors time to get their courage back, plus, time sounded short. Piling into the van as it half-slid to a halt by the front he glanced up the street at the quickly shrinking bikes. He quickly shoves his pistol back into his holster and comms everyone,

<<Alright. Mind passing me that AK Syber? I think we might be able to put it to good use on one of these guys. Or his tires, at least.>>
JoelHalpern
Mack steps out the door and looks at the receding bikes.
lets see
Grab three more knives.
[ Spoiler ]

And throw a knife
[ Spoiler ]

Maybe that will spoil his day
As Mack follows the rest into the van.
imperialus
The bike is a difficult target but somehow you actually hit him.

[ Spoiler ]

Unfortunatly he scarcely seems to notice the knife sticking out of his shoulder. In fact he reaches behind, pulls it out and flips you the bird with it in his hand before casually tossing it into a nearby pile of rubbish.

[ Spoiler ]
Dusty Ghost
"So, negotiations fell through? What happened back there?"

"Let's just say, Pete didn't get into the Spirit of things."
imperialus
As Mack steps into the van Sybercat is already pulling away from the curb almost as

Sybercat turns to Hex and says "She's all your's. Just treat her proper. She tends to aim a bit to the right so you'll have to compensate. Oh, and there's extra mags in the glove compartment. Nothing fancy though." Noticing that Mack was the last of the team to get in she slams her foot on the accelerator and the van peels out in pursuit of the trolls. If you happen to glance out the rear you see Pete stumble out of Heaven and scream obscenities at you while firing a pistol in the direction of the van.

The bikes are still in sight but they turn a corner while Sybercat tries to close the range and the trolls weave in and out among the debris and stripped cars trying to loose their persuers.

[ Spoiler ]

Unfortunatly the van skids on a patch of ice as it takes the corner after the trolls, banging into a dumpster that was sitting in the middle of the street and throwing everyone off balance. The trolls are still at least a block and a half away.

[ Spoiler ]
JoelHalpern
Mack opens the case and starts getting out the White Knight (LMG). He looks at the grenades, but knows those just won't work.
Instead, he gets one clip of Ex-Explosive Ammo, and starts getting everything ready.

As he does so:
"Is there a forward facing gun port on this, or do I hang the WHite Knight out the window?"
At least with the smartgun I don't have to hang all of me out the window.
imperialus
Sybercat shouts over her shoulder "Sorry no joy. Couldn't put in a forward port without making the damn thing look like a tank. You get to be an acrobat."
Dusty Ghost
Sweeps gits his teeth as the van slides and he finds himself trying to wedge a shoe under somthing. He looks at Loki and grabs at his medical kit.
[ Spoiler ]

Oh dear!
JoelHalpern
Mack replies "Then I suppose it is a good thing I am one smile.gif"
Seraph Kast
"Aww, that's alright Sybercat. We'll just lean out the sides. Try not to hit anything too big, I don't want a case of road rash."

Hex glances over at Mack as he slings open the right-side door. "I'm gonna try and hit one of those bikes. See if we can't get them separated. Or at least on foot!"

Hex sits, back against the now-open doorframe, facing forwards. Half-leaned out of the car he tries to brace one of his legs against one of Sybercat's many technological doodads to keep from sliding around too much. Aiming down the road with the AK, he spends a moment zooming in with his enhanced eyes, before cutting loose with a burst of gunfire aimed at Hack's bike.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
QUOTE (Dusty Ghost @ May 26 2008, 10:10 AM) *
Sweeps gits his teeth as the van slides and he finds himself trying to wedge a shoe under somthing. He looks at Loki and grabs at his medical kit.
[ Spoiler ]

Oh dear!

As you remove the medkit from its packaging it tells you to attach a probe to the skin by the wound. You're fumbling with the unfamiliar electronics trying to get the probe taped down as the van hits the dumpster. Your hand slips and the probe goes into the wound. Loki lets out a bellow of pain. You think you might have just torn a vein that the sword had barely missed.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
You time the burst perfectly as one of the bikers emerges from behind a parked car.

[ Spoiler ]

The rounds strike the bike just above the rear wheel causing sparks explode out. The bike doesn't even wobble though and the troll flips you the bird again.

[ Spoiler ]
Nigel
Loki bellows in pain.

"Goddamn! Be more careful next time, or wait till we're out of the moving vehicle. That hurt!"
imperialus
Sybercat pipes up. "Can you hold out till we deal with these bastards? If you're going to bleed out on us tell me. I'll let them go and get you to a doc."
imperialus
Sybercat begins maneuvering the van in an attempt to gain a better position to close the distance between you and the bikes.

[ Spoiler ]

It appears that Hack and Slash are both attempting to do the same

[ Spoiler ]
Seraph Kast
Hex pulls himself off the floor of the van and clambers up to the front seat, sliding past Padre as he switches places. Leaning out of the window he takes aim once again, trying to put some holes in Hack's vehicle.

[ Spoiler ]
Nigel
"Thanks, but I'll be fine till we're done." Loki says to Sybercat. "Just run those bastards down. I want information."
imperialus
Hack's bike drifts into your sights again and you squeeze the trigger sending another stream of lead flying towards him. He jinks at the last moment however and your burst does nothing but add character to a nearby brick wall.

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012