Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greenhorns in Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Dusty Ghost
0010 January 2nd 2070 -- Sweeps Apartment

Sweeps firmly shuts his apartment door behind him. He hated leaving things unfinished, and knew they still had no clear plan other than they were going to check out Xanadu. They needed to have a reason to be there. A cover story of some kind.

He looked at his bed and sighed. His head was starting to hurt and he realised Sybercat had been right about getting rest to be on form. They were going to be casing out Xanadu and potentially Sweeps would have to make a late night visit later on. To do that he needed to be rested and fresh.

Planning could be finished first thing in the morning.

He sent a text message to Sybercat:
<You and Loki having a nice time?>

He grinned to himself childishly.

<Seriously though, I'd still like to know if your matrix friends have anything to say on Dynamo Blue, we also need to factor in a cover story or disguise for tomorrow. Let me know if you have any ideas.>

He waits for a response....

Then crawls into bed, and dreams of weird creatures in waiters jackets serving him as an appetiser to a hungry combat mage.
imperialus
10:35 2nd January 2070 --Sybercat’s Van en route to Xanadu studios, Renton (Merideth District, C security rating), Seattle--

Loki: You overslept this morning and hardly had time for a quick shower and a change before you ran out the door. Sybercat had an overnight bag in her van so she changes too. She somewhat sheepishly comments that she doesn’t do stuff like this all the time, she just keeps a few changes of cloths handy when she’s working.

As you call ahead to make sure everyone is ready Sybercat picks everyone up, stopping only to make a quick breakfast run at a Mc-Hughe’s drivethrough. She handles the van like it’s an extension of herself driving aggressively, but smoothly through Seattles busy morning traffic. She seems to know all the shortcuts or detours that will avoid the gridlocked streets and despite your late start, still manages to get everyone picked up by 11.

The cold front last night has dissipated but as a plus it also blew much of the cloud cover back out to sea so you can actually see the sun this morning. The streets are still wet and patches of dirty snow cling to any shady spots they can find but all and all it’s a pretty nice day. The forecast calls for the ‘sunny’ days to continue for at least another day or two.

As the van winds its way along the busy Intercity 169, the massive box stores and shopping complexes that make up Renton’s economy flank the freeway, of course they're almost impossible to see through the forest of billboards and AR advertisements that practically blot out the sun. You hear the roaring growl of motorcycles and a quick glance behind you reveals a half dozen go-gangers on tricked out choppers patrolling their turf. Anyone with any kind of gang knowledge (or who spends any time in Renton) would recognize them as members of the minor league Blood Mountain Boys, obvious in their neo-tribal leathers. Sybercat turns onto a sidestreet just past the “MEGA Shack�, Seattles largest Stuffer Shack and enters the Merideth district. The scene changes from brightly lit storefronts and glitzy malls to small light industrial buildings, warehouses, and low rise commercial offices for tiny mom and pop operations.

Over the course of the drive Sybercat says
“I took a quick look around Xanadu’s node last night, it doesn’t look like there’s much to it. Definitely not anything we’re looking for unless you want to order albums by ‘The Screaming somethingorothers’ or ‘The TrollMasters’. Anything juicy is gonna be kept on a limited access node that can only be reached from inside the building. I’m either gonna have to get near it myself or get a signal booster planted on it so I can access it from outside.�

The van pulls into the empty parking lot of a small shipping warehouse about a block away from Xanadu. Sybercat puts it into park and says.

“Ok, boys, end of the line. I’m gonna stay out here, see if I can’t dive their physical security net and take a look around, maybe leave a backdoor open in case we do want to come back later tonight. I’ll keep a com-line open in case you need anything but try not to turn this into a firefight ok? I just got the van fixed.�
imperialus
Ignore this post.
Dusty Ghost
10:30 2nd January 2070 --Sybercats Van en route to Xanadu studios, Renton (Merideth District, C security rating), Seattle--

Sweeps wakes up with a start.

What was that!?

The comlink blips again. Incoming message from Loki. They're on their way to pick him up.

They're on their way. Sweeps smiles to himself.

How can Loki be up this early, lucky bugger got his end away, and if the Sybercats anything like I suspect, I doubt they got much sleep.

Then he noticed the time. "Crap!" He must have been tired last night.

He jumps out of bed and throws his clothes on. He grabs his gear box from under the bed and takes a few mins to grab some essentials.

He puts his armour jacket on, puts his Hammerli 620S in it's Concealable Holster. And pockets 2 spare clips, just in case. He leaves the silencer and laser sight in the box.
He fits his Raecor Sting to its arm slide and takes 1 spare clip for that too.
As usual he puts his ceramic knife in his boot.
Not that he thinks he'll need them, but he pockets his shock Gloves and Nanopaste disguise.
He also takes his auto picker with him.... just in case.......

He stops and looks for a moment at the silver box that he seems to have unconsciously picked up. I'll need an edge today he decides, and removes the Jazz inhaler from it's box, and takes a dose. All tiredness is gone!

[ Spoiler ]

He then runs downstairs, and waits for the van, jumping from foot to foot.

When it gets there he looks at the two content if not slightly sleepy looking faces in the front of the van and grins wolfishly at them both.

"Good morning!" he says cheerfully as he gets in the van.

While on the way he says to the others:

"Any clue what our cover story is yet? I think we could get Loki to pretend to be a prospecting boy band star." He grins again and slaps Loki on the back.

"Or we get haystacks here," waving a thumb at Mack "to be a knew opera singer on the block."

While he is sat in the back of the van, fidgeting and wringing his fingers, he remembers he had something he wanted to do today. He reaches for his comlink and sends an email to his fixer Flipper.

[ Spoiler ]

<<Email to Flipper>>
<<Hey Flips,
I need you to check something out for me. I need to know anything you might have on someone called Dynamo Blue. She's the owner of Xanadu. Also, any info or police reports you know with regards to the death of an artist called Dark Angel.

Cheers Buddy,

Let me know if there's a price, BEFORE you give me the info this time! ;0)
>>
JoelHalpern
1045 January 1st 2070 -- Sybercat's Van

QUOTE (Dusty Ghost @ May 15 2008, 05:15 PM) *
10:30 2nd January 2070 --Sybercats Van en route to Xanadu studios, Renton (Merideth District, C security rating), Seattle--

Sweeps ...
"Or we get haystacks here," waving a thumb at Mack "to be a knew opera singer on the block."

"You really don't want the haystack to sing smile.gif"
Mack lets out a sound that might have been an operatic "ahhhh", or maybe it was a low pitched cat screaming in agony.
"Some of the old Opera is actually quite good. Mozart could sure put a piece together."
Nigel
930 January 2nd 2070 -- Loki's Apartment

Loki woke up a while ago, and decides to give his Beat Cop a call, sending him a commlink message.

<<Hey King, I was wondering if you knew anything about a place called Xanadu Studios, in the Meredith District of Renton. Also, someone called Blue Dynamo who's apparently the owner of the place. You ever heard anything about someone named Dark Angel?>>

[ Spoiler ]

Loki puts on a pair of his Stylish Clothes and Lined Coat. He also wears his Ceramic Knife (where it won't show) and Fichetti Tiffani Needler with 1 spare clip (also unobstrusively). He puts in his Contact Lenses.

1031 January 2nd 2070 -- Sybercat's Van en route to Xanadu Studios.

"You're awfully perky this morning. Anyway, I got some info on Xanadu. (he relays the info he obtained from Mr. King, if any, and informs everyone when they get in the van - if none, cancel the prevoius sentence). And yeah, I suppose I can feign boy-band upstart. If, that is, no one else has ideas."
imperialus
QUOTE (Dusty Ghost @ May 15 2008, 03:15 PM) *
[ Spoiler ]

<<Email to Flipper>>
<<Hey Flips,
I need you to check something out for me. I need to know anything you might have on someone called Dynamo Blue. She's the owner of Xanadu. Also, any info or police reports you know with regards to the death of an artist called Dark Angel.

Cheers Buddy,

Let me know if there's a price, BEFORE you give me the info this time! ;0)
>>

[ Spoiler ]

Just as the van pulls into the parking lot you get an email back from Flips. <<I'll do some digging. Might take a while to find what you're looking for though. 100 nuyen.>>

QUOTE (Nigel @ May 15 2008, 04:30 PM) *
Loki woke up a while ago, and decides to give his Beat Cop a call, sending him a commlink message.

<<Hey King, I was wondering if you knew anything about a place called Xanadu Studios, in the Meredith District of Renton. Also, someone called Blue Dynamo who's apparently the owner of the place. You ever heard anything about someone named Dark Angel?>>

[ Spoiler ]

King emails you back while the van is passing the gangers. <<Hey, I took a look at the case file, not much to it though. Angel's real name is Jim Crull, born April 23rd 2041. Had a SIN registered to Mitsuhama Computer Technologies but there hasn't been much activity on it for about 6 or 7 years. The body was identified by dental records and the coroner at the Lowell precinct has ruled the death a suicide via incineration and closed the case.

Say, if you've been hired as a private eye for this job you mind keeping me informed? You remember my daughter Emily? She's crazy for this Angel guy and is constantly pestering me as to why no one's looking into the case. Nevermind the fact that he died on the opposite end of town from my beat. Anyhow she seems to have it in her head that Angel's still alive, one of her friends swore she saw him buying NERPS at a stuffer shack up in Bellevue.

Anyhow, couldn't find anything on Blue Dynamo, the alias didn't show up in our records. No red flags for Xanadu Studios either.>>
imperialus
Loki: As the Van is pulling into the parking lot another email from King pops into your ARO.

<<Hey! Just called a guy I went to the academy with down at the 43rd. He was working the case. Said that they found the body with a couple of trolls in the Disassemblers, you know, Tamanous' foot soldiers? I guess they're regulars at Heaven, hang out there and haul any bodies away for recycling. Probably not a bad gig for a couple trogs who ain't bright enough to do anything else. They don't tend to be the squeamish sort.>>
imperialus
Mack and Loki re, the street knowledge rolls: It strikes you as a little odd that the Disassemblers would be interested in a guy who was flame broiled. You're no doctor but you're pretty sure that a second hand kidney won't do anyone much good if it was roasted in it's own juices. Even ghouls prefer their food raw.
Nigel
1100 2nd January 2070 -- Sybercat's Van

<<Yeah, I'll let you know how things progress. Thanks for the tips...what do I owe you? And no worries about Blue Dynamo or Xanadu, just let me know if you hear anything.>>

"Hey, I just found out that Angel's body was found with a couple trolls in the Disassemblers. Tamanous' foot soldiers, that is. Apparently they hang out at Heaven a lot and take away corpses for recycling." says Loki to the others in the van. "Angel's name is apparently Jim Crull, born in 2041, and he had a SIN (now mostly inactive) with Mitsuhima Computer Technologies. Some say they've seen him, but I really doubt it was him - his body was identified by dental records. Pretty hard to fake that."
JoelHalpern
1105 January 2st 2070 -- Sybercat's Van

"So,
Heaven has some major muscle helping them.
Muscle that normally recycles bodies. I suppose they could have just stumbled on the body?
Anybody know how reliable dental id is? If Dark Angel and the Tamanous were cooperating, could they give some other body the right dentistry? It's not like they have a shortage of bodies."

"I suppose the boy-bander could go in with a bodyguard. That I have practice at.

--- Mack

Nigel
1106 2nd January 2070 -- Sybercat's Van

"Yeah, a bodyguard would be good. In case things get violent, that is...which I have no intention of, but bad things can tend to happen when investigating possible crime. As far as I know, dental ID is pretty damn reliable, but I'm not really well informed, compared to some."
Seraph Kast
11:06 2nd January 2070 --Sybercat's Van--

Duncan hops out of bed as his commlink chirps at him loudly. He blinks confusedly for a moment, before checking the message as he grabs an instant shake (supposedly) out of the fridge and chugs it down. He snatches up his concealable Morrisey Elite, his armored jacket, and puts in his contacts. Blinking a few more times to settle them in place he glances around, makes sure the money's still in his pocket, and jumps outside to hop in Sybercat's van.

"Hey everyone. Any new plans on how to try this thing?" After listening to things for a few minutes, he seems to perk up.

"Listen, I have a few connections up here in Everret, I'm gonna see if they know anything more about Heaven. And maybe set up a face-to-face with a Star guy I know, if anything interesting comes up." Hex hops on his commlink, and brings up a contact.

<<To: Steely_Dan>>
<<Re: Heaven>>
<<Hey, it's me. Listen, I was wondering if you have any info on that lowlife club, Heaven out here. Looking into something about the death of that local singer, Dark Angel. Any info on the place, the singer, or how the two might have gotten to know each other would be much appreciated. Same for a recording studio called Xanadu.>>

[ Spoiler ]

<<To: Patchwork_the_Happy_Doc>>
<<Re: Dissasemblers>>
<<Hey, long time no see there! I have a feeling that might change sometime in the near future, though, so keep stocked. In that vein, what do you know about the local organleggers. The Disassemblers specifically, and any info on how they relate to Heaven, that BTL dive. Thanks, lemme know what I owe ya.>>

[ Spoiler ]

After sitting staring off into space for a minute, Hex comes back to reality. "There, questions sent, we'll see if anything comes back. On any of that. Some little chica doesn't seem like the type that has the guts to hire organleggers to off a music artist, though." He frowns to himself.

I hope Dan has some sort of info on these guys. I don't like the idea of stumbling into fight people who tear open bodies as a living.
imperialus
QUOTE (Seraph Kast @ May 15 2008, 09:29 PM) *
<<To: Steely_Dan>>
<<Re: Heaven>>
<<Hey, it's me. Listen, I was wondering if you have any info on that lowlife club, Heaven out here. Looking into something about the death of that local singer, Dark Angel. Any info on the place, the singer, or how the two might have gotten to know each other would be much appreciated. Same for a recording studio called Xanadu.>>

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

Steely Dan emails you back. <<Sorry chummer, now's a real bad time. Had a batch of ghouls bust up one of the daycares earlier today, whole underground's in a fucking uproar. Say, you know that streetdoc Patches right? Racist fuck's holding out on meds for us. Act's like he's a Trog's best friend till you need him to do you a favor, then he starts ignoring your fucking calls. Think you could reason with the asshole? I'll owe you one. Thanks, gotta go.>>

<<To: Patchwork_the_Happy_Doc>>
<<Re: Dissasemblers>>
<<Hey, long time no see there! I have a feeling that might change sometime in the near future, though, so keep stocked. In that vein, what do you know about the local organleggers. The Disassemblers specifically, and any info on how they relate to Heaven, that BTL dive. Thanks, lemme know what I owe ya.>>

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

<<Heaven? Isn't that the joint where that singer died? Didn't know the Disassemblers hung out there. You want my advice, cross the street if you see one. Otherwise it might cost you something that won't grow back.

Hey, since I have your attention you mind talking with your friends about the concept of payment in exchange for services? Some huge bloody troll's been standing outside my door all morning demanding that I go gallivanting off into the underground and patch a bunch of people up. Even better he says he can't bloody pay me. I'm not running a god damned charity here. I have expenses. They're talking at least 1000 nuyen worth of meds that they want me to 'donate'. I got nothing against you folks and I'm glad they keep the other gangs off my back but seriously, I can't afford this crap. It's way above and beyond and I just paid them their damn protection money.>>
Dusty Ghost
<<Email to Flipper>>
<<Hey Flips,

Just get what you can buddy, I send the money over now.

Sweeps>>

After hearing about the coroners report, he says to everyone:

"Hmmm, I think once we are done with Xanadu, we should pay a visit to the coroner and put some weight on him. See what he actually knows!!" He cracked his fingers in a meaningful way

He stops and thinks about something the Cop said:
"Also might be good to check out that stuffer shack up in Bellevue, see what people saw. I don't know why, but maybe he could still be alive? Ahhhh it's something to add to the list."

He shivers:
"But those fucking Disassemblers! Creepy bastards to say the least! We gonna need to take some SERIOUS hardware with us to Heaven if we're up against them, or their twisted masters. I REALLY wanna leave there with all my body parts!"

"Yeah, a bodyguard would be good. In case things get violent, that is...which I have no intention of, but bad things can tend to happen when investigating possible crime."

"Hey guys, why not say that we're all his entourage? Sure Haystacks and Toothy are his body guards, I'm his fashion and makeup man, and Priesty...... urm...... is his...... HIS SOUL!.... NO!..... No wait...... his agent!!!"

He starts to twitch and fidget again. Ho! was that one dose of Jazz? He grins again.
Seraph Kast
11:15 2nd January 2070 --Sybercat's Van--

Hex slouches and rubs his temples, quietly muttering to himself for a minute. I swear, you'd think they're kids. Sighing he starts sending a couple responses along the way.

<<Patchwork_the_Happy_Doc>>
<<Sounds like some bad shit went down under there earlier, probably just on edge. Look, I'll cover half the expense if you can get down in there and go to work. And I'll make sure someone pays the other half too, me if I gotta. I'll try and drop by later and get you the money.>>

<<Steely_Dan>>
<<Look, I think I can get him moving your way. No promises though. But pay the man if you can, medicine's expensive. And decent doctors are rare.>>

"Alright well. That was less than helpful. Guess we're on their own for more info."
imperialus
QUOTE (Dusty Ghost @ May 16 2008, 02:38 AM) *
"Hmmm, I think once we are done with Xanadu, we should pay a visit to the coroner and put some weight on him. See what he actually knows!!" He cracked his fingers in a meaningful way

Sybercat takes her eyes off the road turning around to talk. "You want to go start torturing cops? Got any family I should send flowers to in advance?"

He stops and thinks about something the Cop said:
"Also might be good to check out that stuffer shack up in Bellevue, see what people saw. I don't know why, but maybe he could still be alive? Ahhhh it's something to add to the list."

"Yeah, and maybe we'll find Elvis while we're at it too."

"Hey guys, why not say that we're all his entourage? Sure Haystacks and Toothy are his body guards, I'm his fashion and makeup man, and Priesty...... urm...... is his...... HIS SOUL!.... NO!..... No wait...... his agent!!!"

"Mind getting me some of what you're tweaking out on? Try and keep your mind on the job OK. Or are you going to have to sit in the car while I babysit?"
imperialus
11:15 2nd January 2070 --Xanadu studios, Renton Seattle--

The van pulls into the empty parking lot of a small shipping warehouse about a block away from Xanadu. Sybercat puts it into park and says.

“Ok, boys, end of the line. I’m gonna stay out here, see if I can’t dive their physical security net and take a look around, maybe leave a backdoor open in case we do want to come back later tonight. I’ll keep a com-line open in case you need anything but try not to turn this into a firefight ok? I just got the van fixed.�

In Xanadu did Kublai Khan
a stately pleasure-dome decree
Samuel Taylor Coleridge 1797

Link

The opening lines to a poem written by some 18th century kleeb are written across a small display screen with chipping brown paint above the door. Other than that touch of high class though, Xanadu studios does not look either stately, or particularly pleasurable. In fact it looks like shit. Xanadu’s offices occupy half of a completely unremarkable single story commercial building that was probably built in the 2050’s. The other half belongs to another company that can’t be bothered to (or doesn’t need to) hang a sign. A small patch of dirt with a few sad looking bushes attempts to add some cheer to the otherwise gray exterior and a mag-lock flickers on the front entrance. Several small windows with bars across them dimple the exterior and a camera covers the front door.

The front door is unlocked and the aging hinges squeak as you pull it open. Inside you find a small reception room with faint promotional holo’s illuminating the walls. Eight plexers in spray-painted denim pace pack and forth, wearing chains and pipes like jewelry. In one corner, a pasty faced corptype in a boring grey suit sits fiddling with his comlink. It looks like he’s probably reading something displayed on his AR glasses.

A security guard with a Wolverine Security uniform sits at a small station in front of the door into the rest of the building. Your ARO informs you that he’s playing “Runners World� a low intensity AR game popular among wageslaves who prefer a more sedentary experience and can’t spend their breaks running around pretending to actually shoot people like in "Miracle Shooter". He is wearing a bullet proof vest, glasses, and has a comlink hanging from his breast pocket.

Sweeps: Security Systems + Logic (1d6=5, 1d6=5, 1d6=3, 1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=1, 1d6=6 (4 hits))
From this angle you can’t see if he has a gun at his hip, but if he does it’s likely loaded with Gel Rounds. Wolverine rarely pays the extra cash for the training required to license lethal weapons to their grunts. Likely the shift supervisor will have a locked cabinet containing real ammunition though. It keeps the insurance premiums down. Wolverine has a good rep for being able to run off the riff-raff but it’s doubtful they have the capability to deal with anything serious... Of course the Star is only a panic button away though.

A secretary sits at the receptionist’s desk beside him, watching a soap on the trid and absent-mindedly eating from a box of takeout Raman. Her neon pink hair is tied back in a bun, accentuated by a cheep looking hairpin. She looks up with a board expression on her face and mutes the trid as you enter.

“Hello… who’s your appointment with?�
Seraph Kast
11:16 2nd January 2070 --Xanadu Studios, Renton Seattle--

"I think I'm going to stay out here with Syber, no sense in walking too many people inside," Hex says. "Besides, maybe I'll take the opportunity to check out the exterior, in case we end up back here."

He waits for a minute or two as the group heads inside, then hops out and pulls out a cigarette to smoke. Lighting it up he starts to slowly meander around the parking lot, trying to get a look at the buildings exterior, as much of it as possible.

[ Spoiler ]

Hoping that he can remember what he's seen, and that it makes sense to Sweeps later if they have to come back, Hex finishes off his smoke and heads back inside the van. He stretches out and proceeds to keep a vague eye on the front door, and on Sybercat as she hacks the buildings security.
JoelHalpern
1115 January 2nd 2070 -- Walking into Xanadu Studios, Renton Seattle

Mack walks slightly in front of Loki, as we walk up to the building, and steps through the door before him, looking around the room.

Also, while doing so, a text message back to Sybercat:

<<Sybercat>>
<<If you get a chance, can you figure out who is in the other half of this building? >>
Mickle5125
11:14 2nd January 2070 --Xanadu studios, Renton Seattle--

Before they exit the van, Padre turns to Loki and grins as he begins straightening out his business suit. "So, we're trying the boyband approach? I'll fill in as your agent, we have Mack as a bodyguard, and you as the potential star... Real question is... can you sing if needed? because I doubt we're going to get in with anything less than a demonstration since I somehow doubt that you went home and prepared a recording..."

(assuming that we are doing the boyband approach... if not, then disregard the rest of the post)

Once the van door opens, Padre allows himself to slip into what he considers his Agent Persona. He straightens up, sets a smile on his face, and throws an arm around Loki's shoulders. "Well, come on, m'boy! Let's go make you a Star!" He gestures to Mack. "Get the door for us, will you? We don't want our Star to strain himself!"

As they made their way inside, he locks his eyes onto the secretary and grins as he attempts to use his God Given powers to enthrall her and the others in the room. "Why, we're here to see Miss Dynamo Blue, my dear. My name is Patrick Malone, and my boy here is a singer, you see, and is going to be big big big! And so I decided that we would give Miss Blue the chance to get in on the ground floor with this, you know? He's going to be the biggest thing since, well, anything! Now, why don't you call up Miss Blue and tell her that she should come and meet us, eh?"

[ Spoiler ]
Dusty Ghost

The silly grin falls from Sweeps face at Sybercats grilling, he realizes he's gibbering again.

He takes a few deep breaths and calms himself down as much as he can.

Sybercat was right, the coroner is essentially a cop and they look after their own.

The Elvis comment needled him a bit, he only thought the possibility should be considered. though chasing ghosts is not needed when there are solid leads to follow.

"I think the boy band bit is still good, though maybe I'll let someone else do the talking." He says sheepishly.

When they get to the building and the receptionist, he stands to the back, forcing his hands to stay still. He lets the others do the talking.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus

"Why, we're here to see Miss Dynamo Blue, my dear. My name is Patrick Malone, and my boy here is a singer, you see, and is going to be big big big! And so I decided that we would give Miss Blue the chance to get in on the ground floor with this, you know? He's going to be the biggest thing since, well, anything! Now, why don't you call up Miss Blue and tell her that she should come and meet us, eh?"

The secretary begins typing into an AR terminal on her desk.

“hrm… I don’t see you in the system Mr… Malone? When did you make your appointment? Two weeks ago you say… hrm… Something must be wrong with the matrix node, I don’t have a record of your call… Look, why don’t you go sit down over there I’ll try and get you in to see Dynamo. She’s out of the office right now but I’ll send her a message and she should be back shortly… Oh, and Mr. Perkins. Mr. Orduffer will see you now. The album art for Child of Fire is ready.�

You trade seats with the ‘band’ in the waiting room and they file past the security guard and into the back room.

In the mean time Hex you manage to get a fairly good look at the place. The security system looks pretty primitive. There are a couple of cameras covering the front entrance and rear fire exit, maglocks on the doors, and bars on the windows but if Sweeps is anywhere near as good as he makes himself out to be it’ll take a lot more than that to keep him out.

12:20 2nd January 2070 --Xanadu studios, Renton Seattle--

Well you’ve been waiting for about an hour… or so your AR clock tells you. You’re pretty sure it’s lying. It feels like it’s been at least twice that long. The episode of “Days of our Lives� (celebrating it’s 100th season) that the secretary is watching is actually starting to look entertaining. Apparently Cleo is angry with her twin half sister Rebecca because she is marrying Horatio, the goblinized son of the man who tried to kill their family by sabotaging their private Suborbital while it was en route from Japan where their mother went to discover a dark secret about her families past and some other guy hired Shadowrunners to plant evidence framing their uncle Mick, Salem’s chief of police in the plot to blow up the plane. It also keeps cutting to some guy stuck on a desert island but you're not sure how he relates to anyone else.

Sweeps: After the first 20 minutes you’re having a very difficult time sitting still. The Jazz is coursing through your system making you want to do something… anything.
[ Spoiler ]

Finally the door bangs open and you see a well dressed woman walk though. The Secretary looks up startled and says. “Oh, Miss Blue! Um… this gentleman here is Mr… uh… Mr. Malone and he had an appointment with you but it looks like the computer system ate it.�
Dynamo nods as she brushes past the security guard. “Sure just let me drop my bag off and send them back.

After another moment or two the secretary ushers you back into Dynamo’s office. The inside of the building, like the exterior is not particularly exceptional. You see a security office with two more bored looking guards, a soundproofed recording room and another door marked “Mike Orduffer - Director of Marketing� before reaching the a corner office marked “Dynamo Blue - Managing Director�. There is also an open unmarked door with three garden variety wage-slaves punching information into AR terminals and another unmarked door, this one closed with a mag lock barring entry.

[ Spoiler ]

Dynamo’s office is relatively Spartan, certainly more so than you would expect given the fact that presales alone of Dark Angel’s album would be enough for most people to retire on. It does look however as if the carpet has been freshly cleaned and the AR terminal on the desk looks brand new. Several small barred windows provide a view of the street outside. Dynamo is sitting behind her desk and gestures for you to seat yourselves in the chairs in front of it.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. Our matrix system has been struggling trying to keep up with the Dark Angel pre-orders. A month ago we averaged around 100 node hits per day. We're closer to 7000 a day now, poor node just couldn't take it. I was out of the office buying a new system from MCT so it should be back to normal in a couple days. Anyhow, Beatrice tells me this kid’s hot? Lets hear his demo tape. See if we can’t make ourselves a new star.� She pushes a small chip reader across her desk towards you.

Loki:
[ Spoiler ]
Nigel
1115 2nd January 2070 -- Blue Dynamo's Office, Xanadu Studios, Renton Seattle

I'm going to let the other people do the talking; spoiled boy-band star doesn't need to deal with suits.

[ Spoiler ]
JoelHalpern
1115 January 2st 2070 -- Xanadu Studios

One nice thing about being a bodyguard. Everyone expects you to be continually looking around.

So Mack is doing his best to size up the place. He doesn't know security systems, but he should have a shot at spotting hidden cameras, etc by reflection, and can tell Sweeps later what he saw.
Dusty Ghost
11.15 January 2nd 2070 -- Xanadu Studios

[ Spoiler ]
Breathing carefully, Sweeps calms himself as much as he can. He just about manages to calm himself down.

As he walks to dynamo Blue's office, he looks around:
[ Spoiler ]

Then when they get to the office, he hears Dynamo Blue ask for a demo tape. Sweeps holds his breath!
Mickle5125
12:20 2nd January 2070 --Xanadu studios, Renton Seattle--

Padre smiles broadly at Dynamo Blue and reaches across to shake her hand. "Thank you for seeing us, Miss Blue."

He turns to Loki and sticks out his hand. After a moment, his smile falters for a moment and he gestures impatiently. "Come on, Lad, give me the demo."

He sighs. "Well? Let me guess. You woke up late and completely forgot it, didn't you? Lad, if you weren't so good, I'd smack you one for wasting Miss Blue's time like this."

He gestures to Sweeps. "You! Go and see if he dropped it somewhere along the way... Check the van too, while you're out there."

He turns back to Dynamo and smiles appologetically. "I'm terribly sorry about this, Miss Blue. Perhaps, while he's off looking, my friend here can give you an impromptu sample of his talents?"
[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
12:20 2nd January 2070 --Xanadu Studios, Renton Seattle--

Hex (other PC's read this last):
[ Spoiler ]

Sweeps:
[ Spoiler ]

Dynamo frowns when she realizes you have no demo tape. It almost seems like she's ready to show you the door for wasting her time but when Padre says that Loki will sing in front of her, she raises an eyebrow and says.

"Fine... This might be interesting. You have thirty seconds." She pushes a small microphone across the desk and presses a record button on her AR display. "Sing something I'm gonna recognize."

Loki launches into a rendition of a nova hot hit out of Los-Angles (link) and to everyones amazement manages to pull it off. Even Dynamo looks impressed. She lets him keep singing for a lot longer than 30 seconds before finally raising her hand to cut him off.

"Well... That was better than I expected. You might have what it takes to make it kid. Your pitch was a bit off in places but we can clean that up in editing. You sing well, and it's tough to get the pitch right without backup." She turns to Padre. "Well Mr. Malone, I think we're going to have to meet at some point to discuss this boys future. Give me your com-address and I'll call you. Unfortunatly I'll need to cut this short. I have a meeting with some of my investors scheduled in about half an hour and I can't stand them up. I'm sure you know the way out."

Loki: As you leave Xanadu and are crossing the parking lot towards the van a ridiculous anime style cartoon girl (you think) suddenly erupts into your AR display and a squealing high pitched voice hammers through your earbuds. OH... MY... GOD! IT'S LOKIIIIIIEEEEEE! INEVERTHOUGHTIWOULDEVERGETACHANCETOMEETYOU! INAMEDMYPETDOGAFTERYOUEVENTHOUGHMYDADSAIDITWASASTUPIDNAME! CANIHAVEYOURAUTOGRAPH?!" When you stagger to the van you see Sybercat and Loki trying very hard to keep 'serious business' faces on.

Hex deadpans "So how does it feel to be big BIG BIG my boy?" in a terrible impression of Priest, at which point both he and Sybercat erupt into laughter.

Once everyone is in the van Sybercat says between chuckles "At least if making a living getting shot at doesn't work out, you'll always have a backup career." After everyone sobers up she says. "So I guess we're off to Heaven then? Why don't we go grab a bite for lunch and figure out how we want to approach the joint. We'll probably want to change cloths too." gesturing at Padres business attire and Loki's trendy leather jacket.

As the van drives away, an odd and somewhat disconcerting thought enters your head. Sybercat just hacked Mack and Loki's comlinks as a joke. Sure it was all in good fun, but what happens if next time it's serious?
Nigel
[color="1230 2nd January 2070 Xanadu Studios Renton Seattlecolor"]

Loki arrogantly strolls out of the office, and toward the van. "Very funny, Sybercat. What was that thing you put on my display? And yeah, I really should have rehearsed a song beforehand. Oh well - she seemed to buy it. Let's get going.", Loki says. When he gets to his apartment, Loki puts on a change of Street Clothing, his Armored Vest, Ceramic Knife, Savalette Guardian, and Lined Coat.

EDIT (ooc): For some reason, [color=] isn't working, so I italicized my words and put them in quotes.
Dusty Ghost
12:20 2nd January 2070 --Xanadu Studios, Renton Seattle--

The grin on Sweep's face was like that of a jacko lantern. That had to be one of the funniest things he had ever seen, and worse, Loki might actually get a career out of it!!

He was very relieved he managed to keep his cool, he was equally relieved and slightly disappointed in the simplicity of the security there.
The finger print lock was going to cause a headache, but he figured that the security guard may be able to help out there. If not... time to use the good old fashion B&E. Hopefully without too much B.

He was very uncertain about heaven though, it was NOT a good place and he was not at all happy about having to go there. He had a bad vibe about it.

Once at his apartment he changes into some more gothic clothing. Something less attractive to the cut throats in heaven.

In addition to his previous gear, he grabs:
1 Last spare clip for his Hammerli 620S, it's silencer and laser sight
He pockets his stun baton
He also takes his chameleon suit
Maglock Passkey
1 Medkit
Gecko Gloves

Once in the Van on the way to lunch, he sends a private message to Mack and Loki

<<Hey guys, Sybercat's good at what she does, and right now, she's on our side. But I'd seriously consider looking at your firewalls and make sure she can't pull a stunt like that again. If she can get in, so can another hacker like her>>
Seraph Kast
12:30 2nd January 2070 --Duncan's Apartment, Everette Seattle--

Hex ran up to his apartment in a hurry to gather a last few things for the afternoon visit to Heaven. Keeping his concealed pistol on under his armored jacket, he grabbed the Ares Predator and buckled it onto his waist. He glanced briefly about the apartment before grabbing a few extra clips of ammunition, including one full of Ex-Ex. Just in case.

Heading back down to the street, looking more or less just as scruffy as always, he asks, "So...what's for lunch? I'm starved."
JoelHalpern
1225 January 2nd 2070 -- Mack's warehouse

Mack walks in, ditches the nice clothes, and finds some grungier stuff.
I know everyone assumes Trolls wear this junk all the time, but why the heck doesn't it fit reasonably?

Makes sure there are plenty of knives (might as well take both Survival knives just in case.) Carry the suitcase out to the van, and indicate: "In case of real trouble"

Also make sure I have the medikit with me.
Mickle5125
12:25 2nd January 2070 --Xanadu Studios, Renton Seattle--

Padre smiles and nods to Dynamo as he shakes her hand. "I'll be looking forward to it, Miss Blue."

He quickly drapes his hand over Loki's shoulders and starts talking to him about random things, such as missing a note, how he's going to be a Star, and how Star is indeed Capitalized because of how Big he's going to be. As he exits Xanadu, he slumps and lets out a sigh. As he climbs into the van, he relaxes, loosening his tie and grinning. "So, what'd you think? too much? too little? I felt like I might have been a little too energetic, myself... but anyway! Did you get a good enough look around, Sweeps? How bout you, Miss Sybercat? Did you get a good look at Xanadu's systems?"

After they drive off, Padre tells Sybercat to drop him off at the church and to pick him up from there before they head over to Heaven. After the others drive off, Padre walks to his apartment and starts getting ready to head to heaven. He dresses down, readies his gun(loaded with stick'n'stun and mounted on a hidden arm slide), grabs his stun baton, and loads his pockets with a couple spare clips and the silencer. He also makes sure his contacts are still in and put his glasses on. Over all of this, he slips his armored jacket on, and sighs. I really wish all of this wasn't necessary.

While he waits for the others to come pick him up, he sends off a message to a hacker from his congregation.

<<My_Father's_Work>>
<<Subject: Security>>
<<Message: A friend of mine recently had his comlink hacked, and I'm worried that the same might happen to mine. It would be a disaster, should that happen, because of all of the information that I have on members of our congregation. I know that you've done some security work in the past, and I was hoping that you would be able to help me protect my comlink better. Lord be with you, my friend.>>

[ Spoiler ]

imperialus
Loki: "What, you mean you've never heard of Miss Kawaii? She's only the hottest thing to come out of Japan for the under 12 crowd. Seriously though, you guys did a great job in there. All of you. It's nice to see a team willing to deal with problems with their brains instead of bullets.

Mack: If you open the case and let people see the LMG Sybercat says. "Well I hope we won't run into that much trouble but I do feel better going in there knowing we have that as backup."

Padre: "I did actually, a very nice look around. Couldn't find anything interesting about Angel from where I was but I think if Sweeps was able to plant a signal booster on that terminal in Dynamos office we might hit paydirt. As far as their matrix security goes, I got into the system and left an agent who will open the door again as soon as I knock so I should be able to lock down the entire building when Sweeps comes to visit. Even their panic buttons should be disabled.

13:45 January 2nd 2070 --Sizzling Rice, Everett Seattle--

Sybercat takes a route through the manicured streets of downtown. The unfamiliar surroundings of corporate high rises and fashionable boutiques surround you. The scenery changes briefly to the comparative wilderness of Snohomish before ending up in the towering apartment complexes and condo units of Everett. She drives to a small Chinese restaurant named Sizzling Rice in Lowell.

You hardly taste the food in the restaurant, maybe it's your nerves, maybe anticipation, possibly a combination of both. It could also just be that the barely edible soy and massive dose of MSG numbed your tastebuds. Sybercat has changed again, into a pair of ripped up jeans and an armoured jacket. The Slivergun has made another appearance on her hip and there is an extensively modified AK 97 with a chopped barrel, drum magazine and underbarrel shotgun resting on the center console beside her.

"If anyone is going to give us trouble it'll be those two trolls from the chop shop. I'd try and see what you can figure out from the locals before dealing with them. I'll wait in the van and piggyback on your comlinks so I can see what's going on inside. If it does turn into a firefight and you need to DD out, try and keep a line of fire to the front door clear. I'll cover your retreat and keep an eye on the police channels just in case the Star happens to be paying attention." She gestures towards the rear of the cabin. "there's six firing ports back there if need be, two on each side and two in the rear. If we get separated go to ground wherever you can. There's a big housing project a few blocks to the north of Heaven, it should be really easy to get lost in there if you have to. Don't worry, we'll find you. If there isn't anything else, we should get this show on the road.
Dusty Ghost
"It sounds like it might be a good idea to stick together when we get there guys. I can run, and hide, if I need to, but I'd feel better knowing Haystacks and Toothy are with me to cover our retreat if needed." gesturing to Mack and Hex.

"Loki gets to ask the questions as he has the face for it. He could serenade them to sleep if they get a handful." He grins again, and holds a hand up to stop the potential rebuke.

"But seriously, all of us need to try and keep your perceptions WAAAAY wide so we can see if either of those trolls are coming. If they kick off, and I suspect the second we mention Dark Angel they will do, then a hasty retreat may be a good idea. If their masters get wind that we geeked their trolls, we could end up with more trouble than we can handle. If the fight just ends up the two of them, wounding and disarming them would be nice, but we may not get that luxury.

I hate walking into unknowns, but basically, keep our eyes and ears open, try not to piss off the locals and get away if we need to.

Just my two cents. If you think I'm talking crap, then say so."

He leans back, in his chair, and listens to the others.
imperialus
QUOTE (Dusty Ghost @ May 20 2008, 09:38 AM) *
"But seriously, all of us need to try and keep your perceptions WAAAAY wide so we can see if either of those trolls are coming. If they kick off, and I suspect the second we mention Dark Angel they will do, then a hasty retreat may be a good idea. If their masters get wind that we geeked their trolls, we could end up with more trouble than we can handle. If the fight just ends up the two of them, wounding and disarming them would be nice, but we may not get that luxury.

Sybercat pipes up. "Maybe see if you can't talk with the local bigwig. Dynamo said that Heaven was run by a crew calling themselves the golden gators. The trolls are likely just there because they clean up the corpses faster than Crash Cart or DocWagon. Tensions might be running high between them right now, especially if the top gator blames the trolls for bringing attention down on his nice little operation. As for pissing of the Dissasemblers, I wouldn't worry too much about it. They know they're the scum of society. Not only that but they're pretty loosely organized. Chances another Diss will just move in on their territory if they get geeked."
Mickle5125
14:00 January 2nd 2070 --Sybercat's Van, Everett Seattle--

Padre frowns and looks around. "Perhaps we should go into this with more of a plan than simply 'keep your eyes and ears open.' We need an actual reason for being there... Perhaps we could be representing a Mr. Johnson who is looking for an investment opportunity. That should be sufficient to get the attention of the higher ups in the place. Also, Miss Sybercat, as long as we aren't shooting our way out of the place, please continue with the wonderful work and leave yourself a way into whatever systems they have on site. I'd like to try to avoid having to kill everyone we come across as we leave, so avoid being more aggressive than necessary."

He smiles at everyone and grins before turning to Loki. "Oh yes... Loki, we need to come up with a Stage name for you, so that I don't have to keep referring to you as 'boy' to Miss Blue. How do you feel about 'Nightelf'?"

He bows his head and mutters a quick prayer of protection and guidance over the group, before looking up and smiling at them again. "Don't worry, my friends. The Lord's protection is upon us, and His Will shall guide us today."
imperialus
14:10 Jan 2nd 2070 --Heaven, Everett (Lowell District, D security rating), Seattle--
Sybercat bring the van to a stop down the street from Heaven. She parks it along a stretch of empty road with a good view of the front entrance.

Angel picked a fraggin' charming place to die. 'Heaven' is an abandoned two story community health center surrounded on all sides by oppressive crumbling tenements that blanket the building in perpetual shadow. Icicles and filthy snow hang off the walls and a fire roars in a dumpster. Half the building has caved in, strewing rubble into the street. Jagged plasteel spars just up from the ruins and graffiti covers every inch of the walls still standing.

Nevertheless, Heaven seems to be a popular place. It periodically shows up on newscasts as the quintessential BTL den. Some even less pleasant places do exist in the plex, but since Heaven is located in Everett, not Redmond the newsies can actually approach the joint without getting geeked. Chipheads pale as zombies creep through the dark interior, occasionally showing their faces at the broken windows. A baby faced ganger stands watch at the front door, his jacket is decorated with a picture of a grey rock below crossed keys and the words "Golden Gators" written in an 'oriental' script that looks like it belongs on a Chinese takeout menu.

Angel's death apparently has attracted a whole new clientèle to Heaven. Rock fans from miles around make pilgrimages to the den to pay homage to their idol. Girls with rainbow-hued mowhawks dance to the new Angel record, while a cluster of culties lurks in the ruins, each one an eerie clone of the dead singer. One group is videotaping themselves with a small handheld trid cam. Sybercat highlights them in your ARO's.

<<Corp brats. Keep an eye on them. If they get dead, the Star will investigate.>>
JoelHalpern
1411 January 2nd 2070 -- Heaven, Everett (Lowell District, D security rating), Seattle

"Folks, it strikes me that this kind of place isn't actually long on explanations. And we don't seem to be good at plans. How about we go on in, and ask for the boss. And then one of the talkers here asks point blank what the heck happened to 'Dark Angel'. May benoting that this kind of place doesn't actually need or want that much attention. Can you imply that if they don't answer, there will be more attention that they don't want (without actually threatening them. ) Hex and I will make sure that if there are problems, we can deal with them."

"Hex, I am going to get out of the van. But I suggest you take point leading folks in."

Mack steps out of the Van, and takes a good (if unpleasant) look around.

[ Spoiler ]

Mack waits while everyone piles out, and follows folks into the "building".
Nigel
1411 2nd January 2070 -- Heaven, Everett, Lowell District (Sec Rating: D), Seattle

"This place is terrible. Not too glamorous for a rising star...the better to avert suspicion, I suppose."

Mack: "Yeah, we haven't been planning much. I don't know if such a blunt question right out in the open is such a good idea...I personally favor Padre's plan to get their attention, then privately asking what happened to Angel. Nightelf is fine with me, I'll make sure to keep it in mind."

Everyone: "I think the meatbags *Loki grins and says jokingly* should watch the doors. We don't want them blocked, because those are our way out. If it comes to fighting, I doubt I can calm them down enough to let us pass without some hefty revenge. I can shoot, sure, but I'd prefer if we didn't have to. That's people wanting to kill us, and I personally don't like the idea of death."

Loki gets out of the van and heads into Heaven, following Hex. When he gets in there, he looks around to see if he notices any offices, authority figures, or anything of the ilk.

[ Spoiler ]
Mickle5125
Padre smiles tightly and turns to the others. "I shall stay here and keep an eye out for trouble while Miss Sybercat is tagging along with you via her hacking skills. That way, I can focus on the activity out here, and she can focus on giving us forward warning of when you're coming out. Oh, and should a firefight prove inevitable... try to bring someone who might know what really happened alive. We might be able to convince them to share their knowledge."

Having said his piece, Padre sets himself to watch the exit.

[ Spoiler ]
Dusty Ghost
"Yeah I'm happy to go with Loki and back him up. But if we yell, Haystacks can keep the door clear, and Toothy can try and get half way between the door and us to give us cover the retreat if needed.

As Syberbabe said, avoid the rich brats! We don't want the Star here. The gators don't want the Star here either, so hopefully they'll keep fire away from the kids too.

Loki and I go in ask for the head honcho, Haystacks and Toothy stay by the door. If needed we yell through the comlink, Thoothy runs half way up if it's ok to do so, while we try to get down.

I'm hoping this won't get ugly, but fuck knows with these brain dead bastards wondering about.

Padre, you do what you can out here. The concernded priest looking out for fallen may sit ok with these people, you could get some information that might be of use to us."

[ Spoiler ]
Seraph Kast
14:11 2nd January 2070 --Heaven, Everett Seattle--

Hex steps out of the van glancing further up and down the street to get a feel for the place. Even though he'd lived in a couple really bad areas...Heaven took the cake as far as awful locales went.

I can't believe these idiot corp kiddies are here. They're practically begging to get geeked by some BTL-crazed junkie.

Shaking his head Hex adjusts his pistol, and walks towards the bouncer at the front door. Giving a nod to the him as he passes, Hex slips him $50 in cash and hopes the guy doesn't ask any awkward questions. "Hey buddy, where would I find the guy who runs this joint?" he mutters low. After getting a reply (or not) he steps in and starts casing the hellhole as best he can, trying to keep an eye on the myriad of holes, doors, and windows. If Hex gets a reply he points people in the direction indicated and keeps watch.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
14:15 Jan 2nd 2070 --Heaven, Everett Seattle--

The gangers eyes light up at the cash for just a moment before he seems to remember that he’s supposed to be working. His eye travels to your pistol and the hulking mass of troll behind you for a moment before snatching the cash from your hand, jerking his thumb over his shoulder and saying “Lizard Pete's innsside. On da couch. Don’ cause shit or we cut you up.�

Once you’re inside, the scenery improves, but not by much. The fanbois and girrls are gone at least. Someone has set up a jury rigged stereo system with heavy industrial music (link) coming out of the speakers. Heavy curtains made of a thick red fabric cover the windows, further deepening the shadows. More chipheads litter the interior, these ones are obviously a bit higher on the pecking order as they lie on mattresses and piles of filthy cushions. You see a large Asian man leaning on a couch, the only half decent piece of furniture in the joint. He’s smoking what smells like Bliss from a large hookah while staring off into space and idly fondling the chest of an almost naked joygirl who has the permanent dazed expression of someone under the influence of a p-fix BTL.

There are more gangers inside, you count five humans of Asian decent wearing the Gators colours. They have pistols stuffed into the waistbands of their pants, and what look to be cheap knockoff Katana’s strapped across their backs.

Loki and Padre: The aura’s in the building are almost too depressing to handle. It almost seems as though they flicker in and out of existence as the BTL’s ravage the subconscious of the users. The man on the couch however shows the obvious aura of the awakened. There is something off about its bizarre and multi hued colouring. Not toxic… just… stoned.

As you approach him, a pair of gangers step forward to block your path, their hands going to their katana’s. You instinctively go for your own weapons and you’re set for an old fashioned Mexican standoff. The fat man puts a stop to it however, raising his hand and saying “No! We do not need this. Let them pass.� As the gangers back down, he turns his attention to you and takes another long drag from his hookah before slowly exhaling. The smoke wreaths his head in blue green haze like some kind of bizarre halo. “Gator tells me you are here about the singer… What do you want?�
Dusty Ghost
The urge to trigger his arm slide gun was very strong! Jazz was still making him hyper, and the closeness of two dumb fuckers in front of him made him wanna fly at them first.

Then Sweeps hears a voice from the stoner on the coach "No! We do not need this. Let them pass."

He relaxes his body just slightly, but keeps the muscle heads in his peripheral vision.

The stoner speaks again:
"Gator tells me you are here about the singer! What do you want?"

<<PM to Loki>>

<<Ok dude, your time to shine. I got your back. Just tell him how it is. Be tough.>>
Nigel
1416 2nd January 2070 -- Heaven, Everett Seattle

"Tell me how Dark Angel died. If you don't know, or won't talk, give me someone who can. I'll make it worth your while, though, if you do tell me. The truth, that is - and trust me, I can tell."

<<PM to Sweeps>>

<<I got it. Make sure you have the muscle under control...they look like they want to get dangerous.>>

[ Spoiler ]
Seraph Kast
14:15 2nd January 2070 --Heaven, Everett Seattle--

Hex tenses up for a moment, hand resting on his gun as the gangsters reach for their blades. The guy on the couch waves them off, and Hex relaxes a bit, pulling his hand off the butt of the gun. Lizard Pete's a fitting name for this druglord, looks about as active as one. He looks around the place again, counting. Five of them in here, one more outside. Possibly more elsewhere in the building, or nearby. I doubt most of these chipheads could even manage to hide if shooting starts they're so blazed, so no threat there.

Hex inclines his head towards the guy on the couch in a nod of recognition, and steps off to the side, trying to stand a bit further away from the katana wielding fanboys. I wonder if the Yaks back this place then...maybe one of the triads, but katana aren't really their style. He glances towards Loki, to see how he'd start the "dialogue" up.
Mickle5125
14:15 Jan 2nd 2070 --Heaven, Everett Seattle--

Padre frowns as watches the others enter the building. "I don't like this place at all. Hopefully, They get what we need this time so that we don't have to come back. It's giving me a really, really bad feeling..."

Padre's frown deepens as he keeps an eye out, absentmindedly triggering his hidden arm slide a couple times. "I don't know much about what's going on in there, but the sooner we're out of here, the better everything will be. Miss Sybercat, what's going on?"
imperialus
14:17 Jan 2nd 2070 --Heaven, Everett Seattle--

Loki: The fat man turns his heavy lidded gaze towards you and takes another drag off the hookah before shoving the girl off and sitting up straight. You notice his aura flashes rapidly with anger and fear. The ganger's hands begin to drift towards their weapons again but nobody pulls iron.

"You are not to be talking like that! This is my home! I know nothing of the singer. I have never seen him before. I want you to leave... However I am not unreasonable, you can take the trolls with you. They are out back. Perhaps then their friends will know what happens to those who anger the Golden Gators. Their names are Hack and Slash. However you will leave my home without starting a fight, my men will be watching and they will enforce discipline."

At that he sinks back down onto the couch, a nervous smile on his face.

Behind the bravado you get the impression that he is telling the truth. He looks terrified, both in the physical and the astral. He's angry at being put in this position, but afraid that his two bit gang might be in over its head. You get the strong impression that the gang is scarcely tough enough to keep the wolves from the door, and that he blames Hack and Slash for drawing down more attention than he can handle. He'd likely be more helpful up front but it's important that he maintain a facade of strength to keep from getting ousted. Really, he's hoping to get you to do his dirty work for him.

Padre: Sybercat glances over at you. "Just set your comlink to receive ok?" as soon as you do so a small ARO window opens up in the corner of your vision showing you the interior from Hex's eyes and ears. "Heh, looks like our boy Loki has that chubby fellow about ready to wet himself."

Dusty Ghost

<<PM To Loki>>

<<Easy now, I think he might snap at any moment, or piss himself. Ask him why the hell we should do his dirty work for him.>>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012