Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greenhorns in Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
imperialus
After dodging the burst Hack pulls ahead of Slash driving up onto the sidewalk attempting another maneuver stunt

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Slash gives up his attempts at manuvering and pulls to the center of the street. You see him pull the distinctive outline of an AK 97 from a holster attached to the side of the bike. He turns around and levels the gun at the van.

[ Spoiler ]

Sybercat spins the wheel and crashes through a pile of rubbish in the street. Fortunately this causes the bullets to go wide.

[ Spoiler ]
Seraph Kast
Hex keeps aiming out the window. He aims once again at Hack's bike, and fires two shorter bursts this time, in hopes of hitting more precisely.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Hack weaves back and forth across the street making it difficult to get a good bead.

[ Spoiler ]

You didn't have much more luck with Hack than you did with Slash. Again there is a shower of sparks but the bike doesn't seem to be affected by the
[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Hack also pulls out an AK from a holster on his bike and fires a short burst at the van

[ Spoiler ]

Sybercat is just a little bit too slow this time. She had a tough time seeing the attack coming since the windshield was covered by garbage.

[ Spoiler ]

Steam vents from the radiator as the bullets impact it. A round strikes the windshield causing a spiderweb of cracks to appear right in front of Hex's face. Fortunately the round didn't penetrate.

[ Spoiler ]

Sybercat curses "Son of a bitch! I just had this thing fixed! Fragging assholes are gonna pay" as she slams her foot on the accelerator and makes another attempt to close the distance.
imperialus
Sybercat, Hack and Slash continue to jockey for position. Hex's last burst must have done some damage to Hack's bike since it's alignment seems to be off and he throttles back just enough to let Sybercat close the distance. Slash is still about a block and a half away but Hack is a little less than a block.

[ Spoiler ]
Dusty Ghost
Sweeps decides to sit tight for a bit. His medical abilities are not great anyhow, and Loki seemed to be able to hold it together for now.

Hex and Mack seem to have the only decent forward firing position, and they have the weapons for range.

Leaning out of the vehicle was too risky at this speed and not going to do much at this range with his pistol.

"Syberbabe! I hope you get close enough to ram those fuckers up the ass, with this van, SIDEWAYS!" with that, he did nothing more but sulk at his lack of productivity.
Seraph Kast
Hex mutters to himself under his breath and tosses the AK between himself an Sybercat. "Time to end this stupid chase," he says, glancing over his shoulder at Mack. "Try to leave something for me!"

He aims back out at Hack once more, taking a moment to get him square in his sights.
JoelHalpern
Mack leans out, and aims the LMG at the nearby (relatively) motorcyle.
at least this ought to keep him busy, making him easier for Hex to pick off

[ Spoiler ]

Okay, I'm sure he will dodge. If not, it is net 8P+5 damage (6P weapon, 1 for Ex, and 1 net hit, long burst) with -2 AP.
imperialus
Hack successfully dodges.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Sybercat continues manuvering trying to close the distance to Hack.

[ Spoiler ]

In the mean time Slash fires another burst at the van.
[ Spoiler ]
Seraph Kast
Hex lets loose two shots at Hack's fleeing vehicle from his pistol, attempting to hit something important once again.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Oil fountains from the back of Hack's bike as the first round strikes home.
[ Spoiler ]

The second round is a one in a million shot, striking the hub of the rear wheel shearing the axle and causing the bike to fly out of control
[ Spoiler ]

The bike falls to the side and Hack goes with it, sliding down the street in a shower of sparks before smashing into a parked car. Holding your breath you hope the troll survived the wreck. You won't get any info out of him if he's dead.
[ Spoiler ]

Fortunately as the van approaches and Sybercat slows it to a slightly less insane speed you think you see an arm moving among the wreckage.
imperialus
14:40 2nd Jan 2070 --Everett, Seattle--

As the van pulls up beside the wreck, Hex covers the troll with his pistol while Mack jumps out. He first checks to make sure the AK is out of reach before removing the clip, pulling back the slide and tossing it into the van before attempting to extract Hack. Mack also removes a large, menacing looking combat axe from a sheath on Hack's back, a Browning Max power from his belt and he turns off the comlink he finds in his pocket. Hack's left arm is bent at an impossible angle and his leg is trapped between the bike and the car, but with a bit of pulling Mack manages to get him free. Hack bellows in pain as his leg comes loose. Hack is still lucid but he's obviously in a great deal of pain and has no desire to pick a fight.

"Arrgh! what the fuck is wrong with you people?! I got nothin ta do wit' da Gators!"

Mack half carries half drags Hack into the back of the van. It's pretty cramped back there but he fits.

Sybercat cocks her head to one side. "Sirens... Coming closer. Is our friend secure back there? We should move. I'll head to Redmond." At that she puts the van into gear and begins driving south.
Dusty Ghost
Sweeps sees that Hack is in a right mess. He didn't want him dying before they got any information out of him.

"Keep him covered guys, if this ugly fucker so much as flinches, put a fucking hole in his head."

With that, he tried out the medical kit on him.

[ Spoiler ]

"Argh! Hex you wanna try this out! I can't get this fucking thing working!"
Seraph Kast
14:40 2nd January 2070 --Everett, Seattle--

Hex ignores Hack for the moment. "Mack keep an eye on him. I'm gonna try and keep him from bleeding out on us," he says. Turning to Loki, "If you wanna try talking to him, feel free."

Hex pauses for a moment, slotting up his First Aid activesoft before grabbing the medkit. Pulling it out and plugging it in he tries to figure out what's wrong with the troll, beyond the obvious damage to arms and legs.

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
14:45 2nd January --Everett, Seattle--

Hex: You get the same eerie feeling you always get when using activsofts. No matter how much you use them it still feels strange to have a computer telling your body what to do. Fortunately it doesn't look like Hack has suffered any life threatening injuries. There is no internal bleeding that you can see and you are able to halt any further bloodloss and keep him conscious. Hack sits sullenly while you work eying you and everyone else in the van.
Dusty Ghost
<<PM to Loki and Hex>>
<<CC: Mack; Sybercat; Padre>>

<<Guys, act as if he has no hope of survival if we don't help him. I know he's only broken a few bones, but doesn't know that.
Gods I'm evil some days. devil.gif >>
imperialus
15:10 2nd January --Redmond Barrens, Seattle--
Hex: Your comlink chirps with an incoming email.

<<Subject: Patchwork>>
<<From Steely Dan>>
<<Hey, thanks a million for sorting things out with Doc Patch. You ever need a favor, just give me a call. I can even bring some of the boys if you need em.

You were asking about that dreckhole Heaven though. Not sure if it'll be any help but I keep hearing that the Yak's have been involved around there, muscling in on the Triad territory trying to hawk their BTL's. Heard they even gave the gang's head honcho a P-fix girl to play with.>>
imperialus
15:20 2nd January --Redmond Barrens, Seattle--

Hack slowly looses consciousness as the sedatives and painkillers administered by the medkit take effect. You figure he'll probably be out for at least 20 minutes or so. Just as well, he'll be easier to interrogate somewhere else and this way you don't need to worry about him figuring out where you take him. As the van enters the Barrens Sybercat calls Tinman over the teams com-net.

<<Hey Gramps, it's me. We're coming up on the Road, with a... material witness... Mind if we borrow the back room?>>

after a slight pause Tinman answers back.

<<...Da... If it be getting messy, you will be cleaning up. I am not maid service.>>

A few minutes later the van pulls up to the Yellow Brick Road and you get your first glimpse of the infamous fixers shop. It's a converted wearhouse constructed of re-enforced concrete with heavy iron shutters over the windows. Concrete posts are driven into the sidewalk in front of the building and you see a number of remarkably well equipped troll gangers loitering around the street. There is a flickering neon sign affixed to the front showing... well you're not sure... you think it's supposed to be a girl with pigtails, but she's holding an AK 97. Sybercat drives past the front door and down a narrow alley to a small iron door set into the wall.

As Mack drags Hack's limp form out of the van Sybercat pushes the palm of her hand against the maglock on the door. It beeps and she pushes the door open. As she flicks on the lights you see the room inside looks very much like a police interrogation room. The walls are painted that same indefinable off white colour, there is a steel table with 3 chairs surrounding it, all of which are bolted to the concrete floor. Handcuffs have been built into the table and there is another door set beside what you can only assume is a two way mirror.

A slight shiver runs up your spine when you notice that the room isn't completely like it's Lonestar equivalent. There is a drain set in the floor in front of the chair with the manacles and a high pressure water hose coming out of the wall.

Sybercat gestures at the chairs.

"I'll leave you guys with him. Feel free to watch behind the glass if you want, there's a soycaf maker back there too. I'm gonna go see if his comlink has any interesting dirt."
JoelHalpern
15:25 2nd January --Yellow Brick Road, Redmond Barrens, Seattle--

Mack hoists Hack into the chair, and fastens Hack in.

"Sweeps, this would seem to be your specialty, want to check I have this set up right so he can't surprise us when he comes to?

Loki, you want Hex to take a stab at the Medikit for you before you question our guest, or you want to wait and bleed a little at him while you question him? (Not that your actually bleeding much, but the effect is there.)

Someone want to grab me a soycaf?"

Dusty Ghost
Sweeps checks the straps on the chair and makes sure Hack can't move. Everything looks peachy and scary. He almost feels sorry for what's about to happen to the poor bastard.

A light head suddenly hits Sweeps and his legs suddenly feel like jelly. "Make that two soycafs! I need some waking up!" he says weekly. That's when he reallies the Jazz is wearing off.

Shit! This stuff crashes hard some days!

"Hey.... ah.... I'm going to sit this one out in the observation room. I need to sit down for a bit. Ah... you know... keep relaxed for tonight.... Loki, I think it best if we leave you to it there pal."

With that a very pale and tired looking Sweeps staggers to the observation room and slumps in a chair.
Dusty Ghost
<<Email to Flipper>>
<<How ya doin pal! Any news for me yet?>>

[ Spoiler ]
Nigel
Loki watches the troll as he passes out, and says "I'll be fine, don't bother with the medkit. Might scare Hack a little to see me pissed off and bloody anyway. Can I use your gun for the interrogation, Hex? Mine are more for style than scare, and a big blaster might help."

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
Hack slowly begins to come around. He tugs half heartedly at his restraints with his good arm before looking across the room at you.

"If yous guys want money, mah broder can pays ya. Jus lemme go k? I gots no beef wit ya."
Nigel
"We don't want money from you. We want information. Tell me what you know about Dark Angel. Everything. Oh, and if you even think of lying, you'll be lying dead in several ghouls' stomachs. You're outnumbered, outgunned, and you're lying there at our mercy. If you please us, though, we'll be much more considerate."

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
15:30 2nd January --Yellow Brick Road, Redmond Seattle--

At your threat Hack seems to puff up a little.

"Is dat what dis is about? Dat fuckin' dandylion eater? God damn, I shouda ask't fer more green. Look, I donno much but you le me go an I'll tell you wat I do knows."

You nod slightly and Mack stops waving the knife around

"Hokay... Where ta start... Dat stiff wasn't da Elf you want, he some corper who fell throug da cracks in da crash. Bout a mont' ago Slash gets a call from some chummer o' his. Slash knows em better dan me but I thinks he's a bagman fer da Yaks... Anyhow he says dat he gives us five g's for one corpse. Special order like. Says it needed ta be a treehugger wit some real specific crap. Needed to be 25 ta 30 years old, no SIN, datajack, simsense module, an cybereyes. It was a pain in da ass but five large buys a lota booze. Anyhow told us when we got da stiff to call some guy... Crull... I thinks, I gots his number in my com... den we takes it to Heaven, douse it en gas and light er up, den we gets paid. Now dat's everyting I know jus don' kill me K? I ain' gonna cause problems. I think I gonna leave town. Go up ta da Cascades or somethen."
Dusty Ghost
Sweeps sleepy ears, just about hear the babbling Hack through the speakers in the observation room.

<<general message to team com-net>>
<<Loki, ask him for the access details on his com, DON'T let him access it! If he won't give it to us, or he's the only one that can access it, then maybe Sybercat can hack it...... fuck it..... hack it anyway Syberbabe.... you know what your doing.>>

With that Sweeps closes his eyes and dreams of people dragging his body out of the observation room to burn it in heaven, while Gator Pete and his spirit watch on.
imperialus
15:30 2nd January --Yellow Brick Road, Redmond Seattle--

<<Oh, I'm in his com already. I found this Crull guy... Of course he was using a dump comlink and it isn't active anymore. I think I can trace it but it's gonna be a pain in the ass. I'll need to dive deep so it might take a while.>>
Dusty Ghost
Sweeps waves a hand in a take all the time you need gensture and falls back to sleep in the chair.
JoelHalpern
15:32 2nd January --Yellow Brick Road, Redmond Seattle--
<<So,
We should probably ask him if they were told what name to give the cops.
And whether he met Crull. I doubt he did, but if so, maybe we can get a bit of a description.
I suppose then we blindfold him and let him go somewhere else.

I wonder if Loki or Padre can talk any information out of the ME. He has to be in this. At a guess, all he will tell us is that he was paid to ID the body "properly".

I don't fancy tangling with the Yaks. Any chance Crull is freelancing?

It sure looks like we are going to have to pay a repeat visit to that studio.>>
Dusty Ghost
Sweeps opens one eye and raises his head

<<Crap!! Of course! Crull is Dark Angel's real name!

Bloody Jazz comedown is messing with my logic!

But why does the owner of Xanadu have rights to all the music? Why fake his own death?

Ok

1) We still need to go to Xanadu again as a priority, and find out what's behind that locked door and plant the signal unit for Sybercat, or more to the point, I do. I'll need you guys to back me up in case the shit hits the fan.

2) We still need more info on Crull too. Anyone's contacts been asked to get info on one Jim Crull? Or did we all just ask about Dark Angel?

3) Syberbabe, can you get any info on Crull?

4) Also, maybe we need a profile on the ME before we go storming up there demanding answers. Maybe wait until after the crack at Xanadu.

5) Why do people have to act so weird! eh?

6) The policeman said his daughter might have seen Crull buying NERPS at a stuffer shack up in Bellevue. Not a great lead, but something to bear in mind later.

and lastly

7) Do we tell Ice Lady that her man may still be alive? Or should we wait?
>>
imperialus
15:45 2nd January --Yellow Brick Road, Redmond Seattle--

QUOTE (Dusty Ghost @ May 31 2008, 10:53 AM) *
Sweeps opens one eye and raises his head

<<3) Syberbabe, can you get any info on Crull?>>

<<I'm working on it. I think I've managed to trace it to a SIN with MCT but the node is crawling with ICE. Why don't you guys do what you gotta do with Hack and come back in a couple hours.>>
Dusty Ghost
<<yeah didn't think it'd be that easy.

Ok guys, lets scare him one last time and then drop him off with a warning or two.

Loki, run at him looking wild and tell him you know he's lying, even if we think he's telling the truth he may still have something else to tell us.

Then we'll drop him off>>
Dusty Ghost
<<which leads me to point number 8 on my list:

8.) hack said "Slash knows em better dan me" about the Yak.

Maybe we should ask Hack where we can find Slash BEFORE we let Hack go?

See if Slash can tell us anything about the Yak? >>
JoelHalpern
I would not tell Icelady that we think Dark Angel is still alive. It does not actually answer what we were hired to do. And, until we know more about what is going on, we do not know if she is involved in some way.
Dusty Ghost
<<Fair enough, we don't tell her yet.

So lets decide on one last thing.

Xanadu is going to happen tonight, that's a dead cert.

Between now and then, do we want to hunt down Slash to try and find out more about this Yak?

If so then we need to keep Hack here for now, if not then we let him go on a quiet road somewhere, though I still say we scare him one last time, to see what else he knows.>>

<<
One other thing to consider, we'll call it point 9:

9) Julie at Club Chiaroscuro
(OOC - see post 38, page 2) made me wonder who is running that place. Could it be the Yaks? Keep that in mind, it could be significant. Maybe later on we'll drop Julie a visit to see if she can confirm who owns the place. But that's waaaaay down the road.

>>
Seraph Kast
As the troll makes his confession and the rest of the group reacts Hex finishes up replying to Dan's earlier message.

<<To: Steely_Dan>>
<<Hey no problem with the doc, omae. Hate to see kids hurt. Appreciate the offer on the help, may take you up on that at some point. Our looking around hasn't caught much attention yet, but the situation's not as clear cut as we thought at first. Hopefully there won't be much trouble. If Patches is still around tell him I'll drop by his place later.>>

Done with that he ponders for a moment, glancing at Loki and then the floor, brow creased in thought.

<<Well, telling Icelady should definitely wait. We can't be sure this isn't a bunch of drek. Though he certainly seems to be telling the truth. If Dark Angel really did put out a hit for himself, he's gotta be hiding for a reason. Or is being hidden by someone else for some reason. Maybe he decided he wanted to make the big dollars, but didn't want to appear to be a sellout or something? Owed some debts to someone? Point is, Sweeps might be able to find some data tonight when he hits the Xanadu building, we should wait 'til then.>>

Hex glances at the troll bound to the chair.

<<As for him...I doubt he'll talk to anyone. Even if he does there's not much for anyone else to go on anyway. They'd probably think we're looking for info on the murder and got it.>>

<<I've got a buddy in the Star, works as a detective around there. Might be able to trade what we just found out for anything they might have known about Angel before he died. If you guys think it's worth the effort or risk.>>
JoelHalpern
Yeah, I think we focus on the break in tonight. Release this guy, do what we can to fix up Loki, and cover Sweeps as he tries to get us some useful info.

As for the cops, any chance you can find out where they got the dental records? It can't really be from Jim Crall's SIN.
I'd rather not offer them the details we have picked up just yet. Maybe tell him things are a bit hinky, and we will try to clue him in early if we get a chance.

Also, I could use an hours rest myself. And a good dinner.

Separately

Hey Sybercat, once this whole mess is over, you think you could introduce me to the guy what runs this place. If Hack and Slash can make that good speed on their bikes, maybe I should get one for myself? The racing bikes specs always look like the bike would fold up if I sat down on it.
Dusty Ghost
<< Ok, let's see if we can pressure him for Slashes location and we'll see if Slash wants to exchange Hack for info on the Yak.

Then we'll rest up for tonight at Xanadu.>>
Nigel
"Bullshit. I know you aren't telling us everything you know. You have information." Loki says to Hack. He pulls out his Ceramic Knife and draws a line on Hack's throat, not quite drawing blood. "Tell us everything you know about this Crull, and how to contact your brother. Don't be wrong."

[ Spoiler ]
imperialus
"Jesus fucking shit! I don' know nothen else! I said I tell ya what I know an I did. You said you wasn' gonna frag me."
Dusty Ghost
Sweeps stands up and wonders to the door to the interrogation room.

"Ok Hack, tell us where Slash is, how to contact him and we'll call it quits. If Slash tells us what we want, you're outa here. If not, he can pick you up from the morgue."
JoelHalpern
I figure, as long as Hack here can get Slash to talk to us, he gets to walk. I am not for killing one guy just because his so-called pal won't talk.

Hack, just tell us how to get a hold of Slash so we can get you on your way to somewhere more pleasant.

<<I don't think threatening him more will help, and either Slash will tell us or he won't.>>
imperialus
15:50 2nd January --Yellow Brick Road, Redmond Seattle--

"Slash's numbar is 432-1272-98343. Lemme talk to him k... you guys can listen in."

Sybercat sets up a secure line for Hack to make the call from. Your impression from the matrix iconography suggests that she's bouncing it off an Azzy communications satellite, through the pirate bay datahaven, and finally back through some corper's personal com. You find yourself chukling slightly at the odd additions to her avatar. Her cat has a feathered headdress, a peg leg, and a suit and tie before she runs her reality filter and returns to normal.

After a couple rings a gruff sounding voice picks up. It's thick with emotion, you're not sure but you think he might have been crying.
<<'Ello?>>

<<Slash? Is me, Hack.>>

<<Hack! You ain' dead? I thought fer sure dey kill ya!>>

<<No, I'r tougher ta kill dan dat. Look though, dese guys dat got me. Deys nasty peices o' work. Dey wanna know about dat fragger we planted at Heaven. Can ya tell em anyting about da guyz dat hired us? Dey say dey'l lemme go if ya do.>>

<<I can tell em what I knows... Ain't much dough. Do dey wanna meet somewheres?>>
Nigel
"Don't worry, Hack. That was a test. Tell us where Slash is and you can go."

Loki makes a note of Slash's number in his commlink.

<<I agree. That was just in case he wasn't telling us everything - I was pretty sure he was. On the other hand, we got ahold of Slash, who might know more.>>
Dusty Ghost
<<Hey, scaring him got Slashes address didn't it? Though your right though, we got all we can for now.

Lets go meet Slash, I'd recommend that we DON'T let Hack go till we got what we need from Slash.

Trying to be his friend is not a good idea right now. I'm sure we have much sympathy for this stupid fool here, but even dumb asses like this one can be slippery buggers at times.

We turn our back he'll do what he can to get one over on us.>>
JoelHalpern
<<Loki, Hex, can you guys come up with a place for us to meet Slash, and get back to him. I would like to get this part over and done with, before something goes wrong.>>
Nigel
<<I really have no places like that - I might be able to arrange something given time, but I don't really have anything on my own. I agree that we should get this done as fast as possible, though. Hex, do you have any ideas, or should I start calling around?>>
imperialus
Sybercat pipes up.

<<If you want to go low key, try a McHuge's. Security's tighter than a verg... well lets just say security's tight.>>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012