Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 'Ware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Zolhex
Veruca was the bossy i want it all kid who went down the bad egg chute. biggrin.gif eek.gif grinbig.gif rotfl.gif nyahnyah.gif nyahnyah.gif nyahnyah.gif nyahnyah.gif
mfb
probably just 'Crash Suit' would work. or whatever YT's suit was called in Snow Crash.
Birdy
[OT]

So you have been crazy enough to jump out of that perfectly good airplane. You pull and ... nothing. You pull the spare - oops Guido worked on that one too. Now what to do?

Simple:

Orientate your self feet down, cross the legs and stretch out your arms.

Q: Will that help me survive?
A: No, but it makes it easier for the undertaker to get you out of the ground

[/OT]

Additional gear:

That "bake a mask" stuff from M:I
Fiberoptik cameras
EMP grenates/fields/generators

Drugs that (temporarily) supress magic
A few more robots (as oposed to drones)

Usefull non-lethal weapons

Genetically constructed monsters with the basic racial features
Rules for Exoskel-Powerloaders and civil consultants

Birdy
Daishi
Hmm... Howabout cyberwear that deploys wings like a wingsuit? That sounds very personally appealing. I imagine clothing might make things complicated, but I'm sure that could be worked out. With hydraulic jacks you might be able to basejump and land unharmed without any external equipment.

(Ands the hamster runs...)
Siege
QUOTE (Daishi)
Hmm... Howabout cyberwear that deploys wings like a wingsuit? That sounds very personally appealing. I imagine clothing might make things complicated, but I'm sure that could be worked out. With hydraulic jacks you might be able to basejump and land unharmed without any external equipment.

(Ands the hamster runs...)

Uh oh, someone discovered "Gargoyles" on the Disney Channel. grinbig.gif

That's the third call for a more developed disguise system.

-Siege
Daishi
QUOTE (Siege)
Uh oh, someone discovered "Gargoyles" on the Disney Channel. grinbig.gif

*sigh* No "Gargoyles" here, sadly. It's been a long time since I had a chance to watch that.

I was thinking more along the lines of Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life. (Based off the trailer, never saw the flick.) Or more accurately: Real wingsuits.
Wireknight
I had an idea once for a combination of cyberware and nanotech for reflex-boosting, namely a modified RAS-override to block all voluntary muscle control, and a nanite network that transmitted the blocked signals via their own optical data transfer methods, rather than the old meat way.

Changing the current electrochemical signal transfer over to an optical model, even given latency for hopping from carrier to carrier, should statistically provide reflex boosts at least as good as the highest-rated Wired Reflexes.
mfb
an optical nervous system. neat. you know, you could use that to set up an alternative to MBW--Move By Optical. rather than putting the brain into a seizure, you just RAS it out of the loop, then use an expert system to keep the muscles in an analogous 'always on' state. the brain tells the expert system what it wants to accomplish, and the system directs the optical network as to which muscle tremors to unblock.
Wireknight
And it'd be relatively non-invasive, in comparison.
RedmondLarry
Sleep augmentation cyberware. While I sleep I can watch my favorite Trid programs in my dreams, and have it exercise me on the treadmill and weight machines too. Thus I can be a fit couch-potato without it eating into my busy schedule.
Deschain
QUOTE (Zazen @ Jan 7 2004, 01:51 AM)
QUOTE (Tiralee @ Jan 6 2004, 08:18 PM)
Why does the scene of Veruca Salt (Charley and the Chocolate Factory, natch.) suddenly pop into my head here?

The blueberry girl was named Charlotte, I think. Veruca was a different one.

The gum chewing/blueberry girl was Violet.
Mr.Platinum
I'd sat a cyber Spine would be cool. Increase quickness and body, Limited armour. and more essence frienly like the Cyber Torso.
Zazen
QUOTE (Deschain)
QUOTE (Zazen @ Jan 7 2004, 01:51 AM)
QUOTE (Tiralee @ Jan 6 2004, 08:18 PM)
Why does the scene of Veruca Salt (Charley and the Chocolate Factory, natch.) suddenly pop into my head here?

The blueberry girl was named Charlotte, I think. Veruca was a different one.

The gum chewing/blueberry girl was Violet.

Yeah, that's it. I was close smile.gif
Fresno Bob
Ooh, Cyberinsulation would be cool. You'd never need a jacket!
Siege
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Ooh, Cyberinsulation would be cool. You'd never need a jacket!

No pun intended, eh?

-Siege
Fresno Bob
If it had been intended, I'd have probably italicized it...
Buzzed
QUOTE (Zazen @ Jan 6 2004, 02:39 AM)
QUOTE (Snake Oil @ Jan 3 2004, 06:08 PM)
Cybernetic wings, parachutes, and gliders would be about as useful as ruthenium Dermal Sheathes.  In other words, not useful whatsoever unless you want to walk around mostly nude all of the time.

Y'know, rather than wings, gliders, or 'chutes, how about a balloon?

I bet a small balloon could be made tough enough to hold a bunch of hydrogen or helium to be released from an internal tank. It wouldn't need to be huge, just enough to slow your descent to something survivable. It might have flaps to catch air for a supplementary parachute effect. Clothing could have a break-away flap in the back or wherever to be forced open by the balloons inflation. An inflating airbag is unlikely to get tangled or open improperly, too.

Just something to help survive a major fall. I think it'd be cool.

LOL. Watch Double Team. The coolness of a basketball looking thing falling from the sky... indifferent.gif
Buzzed
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator @ Jan 3 2004, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (Buzzed)
Or you could detatch your cyberfinger and use it as a penis.

Like this guy did.

Though it doesn't really matter here, I would warn everyone from believing anything they read in Pravda. Considering that 99.9% of what they write is absolute crap, it can generally be considered proof of something being a lie if it gets published in Pravda.

Well for the non-believers out there...

New grown penis on arm to be transplanted to the groin.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Buzzed)
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator @ Jan 3 2004, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (Buzzed)
Or you could detatch your cyberfinger and use it as a penis.

Like this guy did.

Though it doesn't really matter here, I would warn everyone from believing anything they read in Pravda. Considering that 99.9% of what they write is absolute crap, it can generally be considered proof of something being a lie if it gets published in Pravda.

Well for the non-believers out there...

New grown penis on arm to be transplanted to the groin.

indifferent.gif sleepy.gif eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif dead.gif dead.gif eek.gif dead.gif eek.gif
Frag-o Delux
They do the same thing with ears and noses and such. It just a piece of teflon that they put solution in or on and the skin cells start to build over it then they just move it to where it belongs. It does not give functionality to the body part it is just a replacemnet to make the person not feel like a freak. This kid my be able to urinate through it, but I highly doubt it will be functional.

I would feel wierd knowing I had my junk fried off by pissing on a live wire, then I would be feel strange walking around with a penis attached to my forearm. Couldn't they grow it on his leg or something, why not were it use to be? Like put a urine tube in the penis prostectic so when it is finally grown in it can be used and not go thrugh all the extra sugery?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012