Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hard Rain OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
last_of_the_great_mikeys
ALlright, I'm sure you all know the drill. POst any OOC questions, comments and dice rolls here. Feel free to chat a bit and make jokes at each others' expense too! nyahnyah.gif I'll start...you all are ugly and your mothers dress you funny! nyahnyah.gif
Tanka
Gang Turf: 2, 4, 5, 10

So, who do I have to geek to get out? grinbig.gif

Hi everybody! I didn't post a description because I like being evil. devil.gif

Or I'm just too lazy to write something up. spin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Well, there's the most infamous downtown gang, the Halloweeners, Renraku hating vicious and racially diverse. The Disassemblers are in the erea too, chop shop suppliers extrordinaire...as in body parts! SMaller gangs include the Terrorizers, small time robbers, really. And the Lame Brains who are chip pushers, known to sell Kong chips.
Tanka
Kong? As in King Kong or Hong Kong? rotfl.gif

*slots chip, climbs up nearest skyscraper, grabs beautiful woman, shakes fists at helicopters and airplanes that fly by dropping stuff on him*

Wee!
kevyn668
I BAAAAAck!! Reading and posting soon.

BTW: Hoboken (sp?) is a Troll sized load of fun!!
kevyn668
Perception test on the deck heads--looking for weapons: 1, 1, 3, 4, 7
Ditto the bartender: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3

If you allow Stealth as a complimentary skill: 2, 2, 3, 5, 16 and 1, 1, 1, 2, 2 (that bartender, curse him!). If not, s'cool, too.

Any gangs claim the bar as part of thier turf?

Gang Background: 1, 2, 3, 5

Gang ID: 2, 3, 4

Use whatever ya want!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Neither the deckers nor the bartender appear to have any weapons to your eyes.

The Lame Brains call the erea theirs, but they don't usually go into the Places of Business
3Threes
I have Ettiquete(Matrix) 5/7, but nothing in negotiation - anybody else have social skills, or am I the one who would be making the call?
kevyn668
Etiquette4 & Negotiation (Fast Talk) 1(4).

You can call me "Plan B" if we don't have anyone more qualified. Also, do we have a team transport? I saw somebody has a Rapier, but that could get wicked crowded--especially w/ the Big A on it wink.gif

And we have a "leader"? I don't want the job, just curious.
Tanka
Street Etiquette here. 3/6. So more than likely it's your call, just don't go all Matrix talk on him. nyahnyah.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allright, 3Threes, make a hearing based perception test.
3Threes
Perception : 04 02 14 04 01 04

last_of_the_great_mikeys
The Johnson's voice seems kinda flat and monotoned when before it had at least a touch of emotion in it.
3Threes
did it seem to be the same person's voice?
Tanka
1) Who here has a radio as 'ware or somewhere on their person?
2) Perception (You know all my goodies devil.gif ): 1, 2, 7, 11
3) Stealth (Awareness) as a complimentary skill: 1, 1, 3, 3, 5, 10

What do I see and who do I have to kill? nyahnyah.gif
kevyn668
1. I have a microtranciever w/ sub voc mic...but I don't know that I'd keep it on me. Other than that, I got a Pocket Secretary and a Pager. Not exactly military grade comms...

2. Which bodes the question: Mikey, do you want a list of what we consider normal gear and a list of run gear? Because I for one, have a number of things that I wouldn't be carrying around in the street.

3. Where are the exits? What are the tables/chairs made of? Are they attached to the floor?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (tanka)

2) Perception (You know all my goodies devil.gif ): 1, 2, 7, 11
3) Stealth (Awareness) as a complimentary skill: 1, 1, 3, 3, 5, 10

What do I see and who do I have to kill? nyahnyah.gif

At this time, nothing seems out of the ordinary.

3Threes, it did indeed appear to be the right voice. Just monotoned.

I'll assume you have your usual running gear. Probably no LMG's or stuff like that, but transcievers, armour, guns and decent amount of ammo, lockpicks/maglock passkeys, etc...all cool. Be reasonable and remember how much you can reasonably carry.

The place is a big square with a mens and ladies room in the back. Between the washrooms is the back/emergency exit. To the left of the door is the counter. There are three rows of four seats on either side worth of jackpoints with chars attatched to the floor. Nothing is tip-overable, but there is potential cover.
Tanka
Just as a point of reference, I don't have my SMG, and am only carrying the Pred w/ Silencer in Concealable Holster. The four spare clips are loaded with regular ammo. I also have my P-Sec in a front jacket pocket.

Oh, and of course the staff sitting next to the door.

I've got headware radio (12 frequencies, nonetheless!) and a subvoc microphone, if anybody's wondering.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
This is not a surprise situation. Everyone was on guard. Simply roll initiatives.
Tanka
Fscking... Turned off Wired!

*sigh*

Initiative: 6

I hate you. >_<

When my first action pops up, I'm turning on Wired. Then shooting people. Lots of people.
3Threes
init roll - 6 3 1 + 10 = 20
kevyn668
Lets Rock.

I got the Browning, loaded w/ Regular ammo.

I: 20 (Boosted, omae. Never have to turn 'em off. Can't tell they're there smile.gif )

Reaction for quick Draw: 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6

Don't know what you want for the dive. Athletics? 1, 1, 1, 4, 9 (gotta spend more time at the gym...)

I was thinking this was an action but if you want to call it the Combat Pool Dodge, lemme know and I'll change my dice pool accordingly...

Free Action for the talking talker.gif

One CP die for each shot, leaving me 7

I'll go for the ork to to the left of the door. I think that would be the one closest to me, yes?

First shot (SmLink, Moving, No Recoil): 1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 8, 8
Second shot (SmLink, Moving, 1 Recoil): 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5

And now, I'm hopefully behind cover.

BTW, exactly how many tuskers are we talking here?
Tanka
Reaction to QD after turning on Wired: 2, 2, 7, 9, 9, 10, 10 (I've haven't seen that many sixes in a long time. I'm so happy!)

Default to Body for jumping over the bar: 1, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 7, 7, 9

Shot #1 (preferring guy on my left at door): 1, 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 10 (My savior!)

Shot #2 (if guy on left is down, guy on right. otherwise guy on left): 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 9, 17

Recoil all compensated, no visibility mods, movement mods are obvious, and no cover mods that I'm aware of.

This is leaving me with 6 CP.

Dammit, why did you have to do this right before I go to sleep? I have work in the morning! dead.gif
kevyn668
So since we didn't make it clear that we had *most* of our runner gear, would it be safe to assume that I had the SMG w/ me? I would assume that its not easily accessible. Say, in a shoulder bag, mayhaps? Possibly disasembled for easier concealment along w/ some spare ammo and other "runner" odds and ends?

I'm not trying to force you into micromanaging us but I don't want to cheat either. smile.gif
3Threes
Init - 20

Quickdraw SMG - 05 08 10 07 04 03 02 05 05 04

Using Ingram SMG loaded with gel rounds (what he would have loaded for the job)

Walking behind partial cover - assuming some is near. Running if it isnt.

Shot - 3 round burst at whichever ork is nearest my dearest dufflebag
Smartlink, Walking, his movement, aim 1 simple action, no uncompensated recoil, 4 CP
04 11 07 04 04 11 03 03 01 02

8S damage from burst before successes

maybe i will get lucky and knock him down

5 CP left - I should be behind partial cover

last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (kevyn668)
So since we didn't make it clear that we had *most* of our runner gear, would it be safe to assume that I had the SMG w/ me? I would assume that its not easily accessible. Say, in a shoulder bag, mayhaps? Possibly disasembled for easier concealment along w/ some spare ammo and other "runner" odds and ends?

I'm not trying to force you into micromanaging us but I don't want to cheat either. smile.gif

Most SMG's have the same concealibility as a heavy pistol. If you wear a longcoat it is reasonable to assume it is concealed underneath it. If not, then a duffel bag is fine, though I doubt it would be broken down when you know you might need it.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Once Glyph and Maxxi post I'll post the first phase's results.
Glyph
Dub D doesn't go around lit up like a Christmas tree most of the time, but he wouldn't turn off his sustaining focus unless the bar was warded. So if it was, his initiative is 8; otherwise, it is 21. Either way, he will cast stunball at the mass of orks, trying to get all of the ones who came milling through the front (especially the two by the door) - hopefully before they can get too much cover; and using a free action to crouch down a bit for some cover himself.

He will use 6 dice of spellcasting for the spell, withholding 3 dice to increase the radius by 3 meters (making it a 9 meter radius), adding his Totem dice and 3 from his Spell Pool. He will add 3 dice from Spell Pool to resist Drain.

Stunball, cast at 6M:

10, 8, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1.

Resist Drain:

9, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2 (Resisted 2S Drain).

If he had the higher initiative, then his second action will be to spend two simple actions activating his other two foci. For his third action, he will cast another stunball at the two orks by the back door. He will use all of his spellcasting dice, and also gets his Totem bonus, but will use the combat focus to help resist Drain.

Stunball, cast at 6M:

10, 9, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1.

Resist Drain:

22, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1 (Resisted 2S Drain).
last_of_the_great_mikeys
The cafe is not warded.
kevyn668
last_of_the_great_mikeys Posted on Jan 6 2004, 06:25 AM
  Most SMG's have the same concealibility as a heavy pistol. If you wear a longcoat it is reasonable to assume it is concealed underneath it. If not, then a duffel bag is fine, though I doubt it would be broken down when you know you might need it.

cool.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Oh, Maxxi...here MaxxiMaxxiMaxxi...c'mere, boy! Come on and post. Ooohhh Maxxi..!
Maxxi
Okay, sorry about the delay.

Let's see if I have the Shadowrun rules down.

My intiative is nine, so only one phase for me.

Jamal is duck down, get over the bar, without any flashy athletics. Do I really need to roll for that? Or is it just a simple action?

His next thing, will be to activate his Control Action Foci on his wrist.

None to complicated.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
It's amazing how many people leap over the counter when all you had to do was move around in behind it. nyahnyah.gif
3Threes
adrenaline - plus makes for good cinematics cool.gif
Tanka
What he said.

Plus that means we have to make not much of a moving target, whereas if we jump, we get there quicker!

I was going to do a one-handed handstand over and land, but then I went: "Defaulting from Body. Wait... Bad idea!" So, yeah, otherwise I'd probably be on my face right now.
kevyn668
oh c'mon, Mikey. I stole the move from you. smile.gif Besides, Ive been playing alot of Max Payne lately.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Glyph, you got two bursts coming at ya you need to dodge or resist.

Tanka, you got 1 burst to worry about! Way to go taking out one of the noncombatants, by the way. That leap over the bar unskilled...marvelous!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Heh...have I mentioned to any of you before that I loooove my red dice? For some reason they tend to roll on the high side... cyber.gif
Tanka
...Oops...

Well... I got 'em!

OK, Body roll + 3 CP: 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 9, 10, 17

Tell me I staged that... Pleae, please tell me I did...

This leaves me with 3 CP just in case.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Staged to a light wound in true troll fashion!
kevyn668
Crap.

Free Action for the yell talker.gif

No Combat Pool on the first shot. 1 die each on the others.

First shot (SmL, no recoil):2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 14
Second shot (SmL, 1 Recoil): 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 7, 9

If Ork1 goes down, I switch to the next one.

3rd shot (SmL, 2 Recoil): 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4
4th shot (SmL, 3 Recoil): 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 5

(oh sure, when the recoil starts is when the dice screw me.... ohplease.gif )

Free action to hit the deck.

4 CP dice left. 4 rounds left.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Heh...well, Kevyn, if Gly[h's Dub D takes some damage, then his initiative'll drop and you might get to take out an ork or two all by yourself...if 3Three's Wil doesn't steal the glory.
Glyph
Since he has a long coat and partial cover, and trying to dodge autofire has such big penalties, he will use his Combat Pool to help him soak, adding 4 dice to each Body test.

Burst #1: 11, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1.

Burst #2: 5, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1.
kevyn668
I figured better safe than sorry.

Actually, I didn't think anyone had a higher initiative than me and Wil. Opps. smile.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Glyph, from the first roll you get to take a moderate wound.

From the second you take a serious wound.

Considering the amount of damage that would be (9 boxes) would you like to spend karma on the first set of rolls and reroll all those failures? That would give you seven dice to roll...or you can trust that your fellow shadowrunners can heal you if you survive the combat.
kevyn668
Glyph: don't forget we have the team karma too!
kevyn668
Maxxi Posted: Jan 7 2004, 04:04 AM   
*Free Action* "Frag! Let me focus!"

LOL!

Tanka
A light wound? Bah. I'm used to staging completely.

Then again, I still have 3 CP. biggrin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Glyph: don't forget we have the team karma too!

Indeed...by spending your own karma point you would get one reroll.

2 from the team karma gets you the second reroll if needed.

If a third reroll is needed...you know the drill.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Now I am off to work for the night. Start with a fight and leave ya hangin'! That's how evil I am! Bwa ha ha ha! I'll be up and posting tomorrow no later than 7pm Pacific time. tomorrow, then off to work at the same time as now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012