Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are you Awakened?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Sahandrian
This week I finally decided between Shaman or Decker. I should have voted 'Mundane' and been a decker. I mostly gave up sleep in order to have more time for games and computer stuff a long time ago, but this week I got a firsthand view of something that others have brought up about deckers before.

A few people have mentioned the problem of deckers losing touch with reality after long matrix sessions, and I now not only consider that possible, but know how it feels. I've been playing computer games so much recently, that any time things are going too slowly for me, I reach for the key on the nonexistant keyboard that I had set to Fast Forward. And anytime I've considered something risky, I reached for the Save key on the still nonexistant keyboard. A couple of times, the risky action was potentially life-threatening, and I caught myself just before doing it when I realized I was thinking "If it goes wrong, I can always just reload..."
Kagetenshi
I've had that happen.

~J
Siege
Feh -- I caught myself thinking in basic code one morning.

I was like...8.

10 Get up
12 Brush Teeth
15 Shower
20 etc

-Siege
krishcane
Yeah, I reached for F5 during a real-life car accident once. It didn't help at all. nyahnyah.gif In fact, it only served to make me feel more foolish when my car ran off the road and I couldn't reload.

--K
Austere Emancipator
I reach for the M4A1 SOPMOD all the time when surrounded by PNG's.

It seems the percentage of Awakened folk is growing and growing as we get closer to 2011... By the time the Awakening hits according to the SR timeline, about 766% of Dumpshockers will have already Awakened.
Bölverk
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
By the time the Awakening hits according to the SR timeline, about 766% of Dumpshockers will have already Awakened.

We'll all be level 6-7 initiates, then? Sweet. cyber.gif
Siege
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
I reach for the M4A1 SOPMOD all the time when surrounded by PNG's.

It seems the percentage of Awakened folk is growing and growing as we get closer to 2011... By the time the Awakening hits according to the SR timeline, about 766% of Dumpshockers will have already Awakened.

Of course -- Awakened folks tend to get flocked together, after all.

-Siege
Ghostly Enigma
meh I'm still going put my nuyen.gif on the deal that nothing happens smokin.gif
Abstruse
I'd probably be a Disciple of Loki shaman. Chaos and pranks, mon ami. If not, Wolf.

The Abstruse One
Aidley
Spider shaman.

well, you remember a month or so back when i posted that thread about life imitating rpg?

biggrin.gif

what isn't so fun is when spider calls you and you're a frelling arachniphobe.
fish
i'ld want to be a full shaman, but i'ld probably be a mundane human corpdude... i'm such a nerd... grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012