Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are you Awakened?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Fortune
QUOTE (Foreigner)
I never claimed to be, Fortune.

It's cool. My post was merely a poor attempt at commiseration about your venerability. wink.gif
Kanada Ten
Insect host is not a category?!

@,@
toturi
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Insect host is not a category?!

@,@

I want Blood mage.... No, blood, boo hoo... devil.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (toturi @ Jan 12 2004, 09:16 PM)
I want Blood mage.... No, blood, boo hoo... devil.gif

Blood magic is not a full magical tradition. It is a different way to handle a few of the problems with spellcasting.
Siege
If I did manifest, it would be:

1. Adept
2. Bear shaman
3. Shark shaman
4. Dog shaman

-Siege
Shadow
I would love to be an adept, and I think that's what I would be. I also think I would Goblinize and be a troll, that would rock! I would so want to be a troll. Stomp around, looking down at everyone, having bullet proof skin. Ahh, that would be the life.
Fortune
QUOTE (Shadow)
I also think I would Goblinize and be a troll, that would rock!

You'd have to wait an extra 10 years for that though.
Tanka
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Jan 13 2004, 02:38 PM)

Plus the painful growing of extraneous body plating, and getting bigger, and...
kevyn668
tanka Posted on Jan 13 2004, 03:45 AM
  QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Jan 13 2004, 02:38 PM)

Plus the painful growing of extraneous body plating, and getting bigger, and...

...and extra value meals don't seem like such a value anymore... lick.gif
Foreigner
Fortune:

AHA! NOW I get it! smile.gif

<SIGH>

The trouble with these posting boards (as I'm sure has been said before) is that they don't allow for the subtle changes in intonation and inflection that you pick up in face-to-face or telephone conversations....

--Foreigner
Fortune
QUOTE (Foreigner)
The trouble with these posting boards (as I'm sure has been said before) is that they don't allow for the subtle changes in intonation and inflection that you pick up in face-to-face or telephone conversations....

You get used to it. Smileys can be of some help in relaying the tone of a post. smile.gif

Oh, and just so you fully understand my previous post, I'm a year-and-a-half older that you. wink.gif biggrin.gif
simonw2000
BTW, 2011 is only 7 years away!
Sahandrian
I've been doing a countdown and claiming that the Awakening will happen every January in my Deadjournal ever since I started with the thing.

Forgot this time, though. Might get around to it this week.
Fortune
QUOTE (simonw2000)
BTW, 2011 is only 7 years away!

If this is in reference to my post, I fully understand that 2011 is only 7 years from now. That is when the Awakening occurs, and when Elves and Dwarves officially begin to be born. My point was that Orcs and Trolls won't begin to goblinize until 2021, which is 10 years after the Awakening.
simonw2000
10S BUMP! No staging down!

Edit: 10SN BUMP! Stage THAT down!
Kagetenshi
*Stages Bump to nothing with ease*

~J
Large Mike

So, who said Wuxing? I know the odd Rasta and a Santerian, even way the hell up in Canada, but even being a fairly active member of the coughnewagecough community, I've never met anyone that could be classified as Wuxing. Okay, that's not true. I've just never met one who's english is good enough to be able to post on this board.

Yeah, Shaman/Face, baby. Either bear totem, or adversary idol. Leaning a little harder on adversary. Just ask any of my ex-girlfriends. Or any of my players.
2Claws
Mage baby. cool.gif

Although that's probably ego. I'd most likely wind up an idol Shaman.
John Campbell
I still maintain that approximately 59% (as the polls stand at the moment) of you are overestimating yourselves.

If the Awakening actually does roll around on schedule, my primary amusement for the first several months is going to be pointing and laughing at all the people who were soooo sure they were going to Awaken, then didn't.

And especially the ones who think they're already Awakened.
Herald of Verjigorm
Don't underestimate the awakened who will spend their time trying to convince mundanes that they are sorcerers and then lead them into dangerous situations and leave.
sidartha
Don't underestimate the awakened who will spend their time trying to convince mundanes that they are sorcerers and then lead them into dangerous situations and leave.

I'll be the mundane that passes himself off as a sorcerer and then raises a cult around himself biggrin.gif. Who says cults can't be fun?
Kagetenshi
I'll be Gaf, just waiting for you people to burn out and then come looking for a second chance.

~J
krishcane
QUOTE (John Campbell)
I still maintain that approximately 59% (as the polls stand at the moment) of you are overestimating yourselves.

If the Awakening actually does roll around on schedule, my primary amusement for the first several months is going to be pointing and laughing at all the people who were soooo sure they were going to Awaken, then didn't.

One of the SR books actually makes mention of this -- all the bitter neo-pagans who fail to manifest what they've been preaching for years. Ye gods, that's a blow to the ego. Ouch. Especially if the football player who beat you up for years in high school then actually *does* Awaken. smile.gif

The other thing that will be funny will be to watch the Dumpshock boards erupt with arguments over how to re-write the rules for magic because they aren't realistic enough.

Wait, actually, we could do that now. smile.gif Anyone want to start a highly contentious thread?

--K
Siege
QUOTE (krishcane)
QUOTE (John Campbell @ Feb 27 2004, 02:41 PM)

One of the SR books actually makes mention of this -- all the bitter neo-pagans who fail to manifest what they've been preaching for years. Ye gods, that's a blow to the ego. Ouch. Especially if the football player who beat you up for years in high school then actually *does* Awaken. smile.gif

The other thing that will be funny will be to watch the Dumpshock boards erupt with arguments over how to re-write the rules for magic because they aren't realistic enough.

Wait, actually, we could do that now. smile.gif Anyone want to start a highly contentious thread?

--K

Feh -- The SR magical system is as real as anything else in the game.

As for the football jock -- s'why we have smartlinks and big guns. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Kagetenshi
I'm still sad that I'll have Faded long before the Matrix comes online...

~J
The Grifter
fuck Awakening. I just want Wired Reflexes to come out. That and a smartlink. Oh, and some Ares Predators.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

~J

Dues can fix that...
Siege
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 27 2004, 04:49 PM)

~J

Dues can fix that...

Really? I didn't realize Deus charged admission fees...grinbig.gif

-Siege
Kagetenshi
Well yes, but he doesn't come online until the 2050s.

~J
moosegod
QUOTE (Fahr)
Some of us are already following the Shamanic path in real life... say what you will but there is enough magic in the 5th world to do some magic... just don't expect it to be flashy.

-Mike R.

*snort*

I would also like to establish that I am an athiest.

Anyways, hermetic. I lack any sort of cultural background to build a sort of shamanstic background around. Although being an idol follower is not out of the question. or a MOOSE SHAMAN!
Siege
Eh -- on the Neo-Pagan thread, it's always funnier to realize your magical gift (if such exists) is determined randomly.

-Siege
Kanada Ten
I'm just gonna laugh my ass off when only the "happy" believers get magic, and all us cynical, logical, egocentrics (myself iuncluded) don't get squat. Shadowrun got it wrong, everybody who's not a skeptic gets it all. : P
Siege
That's just more motivation for us cynics to load up on cyberware and scream "Geek the Mage" as our battle cry. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Phaeton
QUOTE (Siege @ Feb 27 2004, 09:01 PM)
That's just more motivation for us cynics to load up on cyberware and scream "Geek the Mage" as our battle cry. grinbig.gif

-Siege

rotfl.gif

EDIT: Hmmm...Actually, if anything, I think I'd be a wu-jen or the like...Don't know why. smile.gif
Siege
"Geek the Wu-Jen!"

Nah, doesn't have the same ring.

-Siege

Edit: The Sniper's Motto: "Reach Out and Touch Someone"
simonw2000
QUOTE (krishcane)

--K

Damn right. I know of a few Wiccans at my college who would get a big surprise come 2011! biggrin.gif
Ghostly Enigma
Eh me I'm hoping 2011 or 2012 depending on wich date you consider is the "correct" one on the Mayan calendar comes and goes with out anything happing corse knowing my cursed luck it well happen and I well end up as a dame Vamp or something. sleepy.gif
Crimson Jack
I hear the toxic totem moaning my name. heh, watch out.
moosegod
QUOTE (Ghostly Enigma)
Eh me I'm hoping 2011 or 2012 depending on wich date you consider is the "correct" one on the Mayan calendar comes and goes with out anything happing corse knowing my cursed luck it well happen and I well end up as a dame Vamp or something. sleepy.gif

It's obviously 2011 because that what the SR team said.

And the SR team are gods. wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
I hear the toxic totem moaning my name.

Which one?
k1tsune
I'm going to goblinize into a dragon.

*Swats away that pesky logic*
moosegod
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Crimson Jack @ Mar 1 2004, 05:38 AM)
I hear the toxic totem moaning my name.

Which one?

All of them. nyahnyah.gif
Ghostly Enigma
OH OH K1tsune can I be your lacy? I mean hell if I do go Vamp I can eat the ones that you don't rotfl.gif
Siege
QUOTE (Ghostly Enigma)
OH OH K1tsune can I be your lacy? I mean hell if I do go Vamp I can eat the ones that you don't rotfl.gif

Um...Lacy?

Funny, that was the name of one of my former GM's pets...until she had an attack of common sense.

-Siege
k1tsune
I already have my own private army of lackeys...
Kagetenshi
In 2049 I will Deize into the GM, and the game will start.

~J
moosegod
Only if I decide you have enough karma.

wink.gif
Kagetenshi
You reminded me of something important. Anyone who serves to make the time while I wait for the game to start easier or more enjoyable will get extra karma.

/blatant bribery

~J
broho_pcp
Well, I was thinking long and hard about this. And I figure I will be the human mundane guy with 5 elven children.
Kagetenshi
Just as long as you don't let them grow up to be spoiled Tir brats.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012