Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HEY WHERE ARE MY BOOKS?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
CanRay
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Sep 23 2009, 05:49 PM) *
We have clearly reached a point where rampant and unchecked stabbing is the only thing that can save us.

Ditto.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Cardul @ Sep 23 2009, 03:43 PM) *
*boggles* I got my pre-order for the non-limited like 2 weeks after GenCon...It almost sounds like it sold out in pre-order, and they are trying to get the second printing done...

Are you telling me that my BattleCorps Pre Order will be a second printing?

/me give Cardul a hard stare.

BlueMax
Cardul
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Sep 23 2009, 05:49 PM) *
We have clearly reached a point where rampant and unchecked stabbing is the only thing that can save us.

I disagree....Stabbing is too clean! We need more explosives!(this will also distract the masses, and make them go "OOoooooo! Pretty!" while we smash skulls with baseball bats!)
CanRay
QUOTE (Cardul @ Sep 23 2009, 05:53 PM) *
I disagree....Stabbing is too clean! We need more explosives!(this will also distract the masses, and make them go "OOoooooo! Pretty!" while we smash skulls with baseball bats!)

Ditto.
AJCarrington
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Sep 23 2009, 01:45 PM) *
GTFO!

I still haven't even received shipping notice on my SR4A... non limited.

BlueMax
/feeling dejected

Have you tried dropping Troy an email to check on the shipping status?

AJC
darthmord
I got my SR4A book during the week of Aug 24th. All I am waiting for now is my SR4A LE. I'm patient. My patience for things is greatly metered by how badly I need it. Right now, I'm not in an active SR game so, I can be patient. If I was in one right now, I'd be okay because I have my PDF and my SR4A Hardcover.

Still have to spend my credit at Battlecorps. Prolly going to do that after the upcoming payday.

Unrelated note: My local B&N has at least one copy of every book one would want to run SR4A. They have the BBB, Street Magic (Catalyst version), Arsenal, Agumentation, & Unwired. Good job on that guys. The D&D 4 core books have rarely graced the shelves there in complete sets.
BlueMax
QUOTE (AJCarrington @ Sep 24 2009, 04:36 AM) *
Have you tried dropping Troy an email to check on the shipping status?

AJC

I have not. For other reasons, I have tried the battlecorps contact email without success. Is there a particular email I should use?

BlueMax
AJCarrington
I've always used the quartermaster@catalystgamelabs.com address. As well, where possible, I try to reply/refer to the acknowledgment sent out when the order was placed. Recently (last couple of months), I've noticed that most of the responses are coming back with ticket details; I suspect that all emails coming in to this address are logged and assigned a ticket number for tracking. Sometimes it takes a day or two, but Troy has always been pretty good about getting back to my inquiries.

AJC
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Sep 23 2009, 10:52 PM) *

That'll teach you to pre-order.

But at least you'll get $10 off your next order, I hope.

Cardul
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Sep 23 2009, 05:52 PM) *

/me give Cardul a hard stare.

BlueMax

No clue..just speculation...But, hey, if it is a second printing, then it will have all the Errata with it!
Prime Mover
Pre-orders were staggered but I'm pretty sure they said all pre-orders would be filled and that would clean out this print run.
Limited Edition french version is out so the english version can't be too far behind.
On a side note, anyone gotten Running Wild yet?
AJCarrington
Mine's in transit from BC and I've seen the book listed at a couple of online stores...looks like its running loose in the wild... rotfl.gif

Runs off to suit up in punproof armor...

AJC
Evilref
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Sep 24 2009, 12:52 PM) *
On a side note, anyone gotten Running Wild yet?

It came out last week in the UK and I picked it up. Am happy with it in general myself, few quibbles but it's a decent book. The cover really pops out with some great uses of colour.
Adam
QUOTE (Cardul @ Sep 24 2009, 11:50 AM) *
No clue..just speculation...But, hey, if it is a second printing, then it will have all the Errata with it!

You really should stop stating your desires in ways they could be read as fact.
Cardul
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 24 2009, 05:02 PM) *
You really should stop stating your desires in ways they could be read as fact.

I do not see how "almost sounds like" and "if it is" in a statement could viewed as fact...
Adam
QUOTE (Cardul @ Sep 25 2009, 12:03 AM) *
I do not see how "almost sounds like" and "if it is" in a statement could viewed as fact...

Considering that the way you phrased things was enough to confuse BlueMax to the point where he had to question you? I can see it totally clearly.

The second printing of SR4A will be identical to the first.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 24 2009, 09:30 PM) *
Considering that the way you phrased things was enough to confuse BlueMax to the point where he had to question you? I can see it totally clearly.

Except, it will say "Second Printing", right?

BlueMax
BlueMax
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 24 2009, 09:30 PM) *

Except, it will say "Second Printing", right?

BlueMax
BishopMcQ
If Catalyst put XX printing on each book and ran them out of order, in the long term, how would we really know? Five years from now when you are looking at books on a shelf, if they went First, Fourth, Second, Third, Fifth printing would it really matter?

Yes, I understand the errata etc occasionally gets updated between printings, but unless it is a numbered, limited edition, does it matter? I can sympathize with the frustration that comes from not getting your books on the timeline you thought you would. Things fall apart, it's a constant in our life--how you respond to those changes is what matters.

Will you express your discontent, change your patterns for next time, and move forward?
Will you yell, scream, and throw a tantrum like a three year old who can't have the piece of candy she wants?

We all know which path we've chosen, now it's time to accept, adapt, and overcome. Wallowing in your own despair and anguish is a waste of energy.
BlueMax
McQ,
It was a question about a product. Once did I whine, the rest were questions.
The close of the case will be the end of the transaction. That is to say when the books are shipped to those who preordered. Not just a few, not many, but all.
As a collector, it does matter to me if it says Second Printing. While it may not matter to you, or many of the folks who live all digital, I am still holding to my old dead tree ways. I have 3 different versions fo the Street Samurai Catalog for heaven's sake, of course it matters to me.

BlueMax
BishopMcQ
BlueMax---My post was aimed at the thread in general much more than any individual person. There are a few people who live to complain and I was focussing on that archtype.

As to the print run numbers, if it matters to you for collection puproses, then I understand. If it was just a number on the table of contents page in the fine print, then it can be anything really without impacting the value of the book at large.
Perhaps people are not happy because they are the only person to pre-order and is the only person who doesn't have a copy of SR4A at the table every session, let alone everyone else didn't paid full retail price or shipping.

I'm not sure why people are complaining. Just cancel the order and buy it from somewhere who has it in stock (talking about SR4A, not SR4LE). I mean Catalyst is still getting money for the product. I think the publisher would rather have wholesale orders than retail, in terms of volume.

CanRay
I complain because mine is a Birthday Gift, and I can't cancel it.
AJCarrington
My package arrived yesterday (Dawn and Running Wild) - great reading for the weekend!!

AJC
Cardul
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 24 2009, 11:30 PM) *

Eh..I work at a Hotel, Adam...I tell people "It is 11 o clock, the pool is now closed" and I have confused people.
Or they get confused at a sign in the door that rather explicitly says that the need to use their room key or
the buzzer to left of the door after 11, and they try to force the front door...Or, I say "Good evening" and their response is "No, I'm good." So...no real room for confusion there...And, from all the rule breakers on Herbs voting threads over on CBT.com...I think it is that, in most cases, people just do not pay attention to what people are writing or saying...
nylanfs
QUOTE (Cardul @ Sep 27 2009, 02:22 AM) *
Eh..I work at a Hotel, Adam...I tell people "It is 11 o clock, the pool is now closed" and I have confused people.
Or they get confused at a sign in the door that rather explicitly says that the need to use their room key or
the buzzer to left of the door after 11, and they try to force the front door...Or, I say "Good evening" and their response is "No, I'm good." So...no real room for confusion there...And, from all the rule breakers on Herbs voting threads over on CBT.com...I think it is that, in most cases, people just do not pay attention to what people are writing or saying...

what did you say?
SincereAgape
Been wanting to say this for awhile. Every single time I see this thread I laugh.

mad.gif

It's the Emote in the side bar that does it.
cerbero
QUOTE (SincereAgape @ Oct 4 2009, 05:17 AM) *
Been wanting to say this for awhile. Every single time I see this thread I laugh...

I can't laugh, I've been waiting for my book for awhile

Book presented on March 11 2009 [source Shadowrun4.com]

I ordered one Ltd Ed. 20th Anniv. Shadowrun

-Date Ordered: Sunday 07 June, 2009 (It was still available at battlecorps)

-SR4A nonlimited is(was) available since August (GenCon)

-Got an email on 31. August, ending with "Shipping even as we type, Catalyst Game Labs"

QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 12 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Three of the four books you ordered were [and still are] pre-orders and aren't available yet:

Two weeks later, Adam tells us, there is still no book.

Today, about 4 MONTHS since ordering: The Status on my battlecorps-account hasn't changed anytime, it's still pending. No Limited Edition arrived anywhere somebody would tell. A german webshop says something about 3. November [source]

Can you even say whats going so wrong at Catalyst Game Labs. Where is my book ? Still at the Printer ?
You got nearly 100$ from me and all I get is a speculation about a second printing, that seems to go faster than the original Limited Edition.

As posted here, the French have delivered a Limited Edition, also the Germans have shown a few pictures and a description whats special about their pricy Limited Edition.

So whats with CGL ? Nothing yet... in 7 months !
Please show us credibly that there is even a Limited Edition on its way and this is not a complete waste of my time and money...

Btw. Thanks for the 10$ gift voucher, you earned addional 15$ for old pdfs with it... and thats what seems to be the only relaible thing on battlecorps.
exSaint
I got another email today from Amazon telling me they still couldn't locate a copy of the book.
Prime Mover
The description of the French LE and pic from German page don't appear to be the same. German book looks like its going to have some German only fiction too. I blame all of the publishers problems on printing. If only it was actually economical to print locally. (See that, how I know have somewhere to safely direct my anger ;P).
cerbero
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Oct 6 2009, 02:10 PM) *
The description of the French LE and pic from German page don't appear to be the same.

Sorry WHAT ? Of course they are not the same eek.gif
The two books are products in two different languages and from different publishers. But they just managed to bring out more info on their Limited Editions than the original supplier of the book and also to release it faster than CGL ... [German LE: Spielemessen Essen]
Adam
QUOTE (cerbero @ Oct 6 2009, 02:09 AM) *
-Got an email on 31. August, ending with "Shipping even as we type, Catalyst Game Labs"

Anyone who told you that on the 31st of August was incorrect. I don't know why or how that happened, but that's the simple truth. Maybe they misread your email and thought you bought the regular edition? I don't know; I'm not in the shipping office and don't see what happens there. But they were wrong, and I'm sorry they gave wrong information to you.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (cerbero @ Oct 6 2009, 01:29 PM) *
Sorry WHAT ? Of course they are not the same eek.gif
The two books are products in two different languages and from different publishers. But they just managed to bring out more info on their Limited Editions than the original supplier of the book and also to release it faster than CGL ... [German LE: Spielemessen Essen]

I meant the covers, although I know the German releases have had mostly different covers (and some game info) for most all of the core books. I haven't seen the French ones.

Edit: After going back and looking the French books appear to be copies of the English versions, and if IRC someone did say the English LE would be black leather bound cover as the French one is showing.
exSaint
QUOTE (Adam @ Oct 6 2009, 04:30 PM) *
Anyone who told you that on the 31st of August was incorrect. I don't know why or how that happened, but that's the simple truth. Maybe they misread your email and thought you bought the regular edition? I don't know; I'm not in the shipping office and don't see what happens there. But they were wrong, and I'm sorry they gave wrong information to you.

So is the standard 4A edition book selling AND shipping now? If so I'll cancel my order with Amazon.

I'm " " close to just buying it on eBay, but I don't want to eat the $20 shipping charges involved, but Amazon doesn't even have a prospective date for me anymore.
Adam
The standard release had a street date in August. Amazon is likely waiting on a restock of the regular edition -- it sold quickly, we're working on a second printing.
exSaint
What I'm asking though is can I buy it directly from Catalyst or the publisher online? Or would you know that?

I don't know of any gaming stores here in London, and the local Chapters (Indigo) NEVER has Shadowrun books. For whatever reason, my city seems to be a card game/miniatures city.
Synner667
QUOTE (exSaint @ Oct 7 2009, 12:05 AM) *
What I'm asking though is can I buy it directly from Catalyst or the publisher online? Or would you know that?

I don't know of any gaming stores here in London, and the local Chapters (Indigo) NEVER has Shadowrun books. For whatever reason, my city seems to be a card game/miniatures city.

Orcs Nest, London - made famous in one of the SR rulebooks [SR v2 ??], where they put a disclaimer stating they were nothing to do with Orcs Nest, because SR used a piece of artwork similar to the Orcs Nest logo.
AJCarrington
You might also want to consider some US-based online shops; FRP Games shows it as being in stock.  Not sure what the shipping will be to Canada though.  Another option might be to call the Hairy Tarantula in Toronto; they used to do mail order business and they might be able to help.  Finally, another option might be Phoenix Games in Kitchener - not sure if that would be practical for you.

Regards,

AJC

Adam
QUOTE (exSaint @ Oct 6 2009, 07:05 PM) *

We're sold out, too. I'd suggest you not cancel your Amazon pre-order.

Synner667: He's in London, Ontario, Canada. wink.gif
Athenor
If you are looking for 20th ann. books, I'd highly recommend Barnes & Noble, as suggested earlier in this thread. I was downright shocked to walk in there and not only see 3-4 20A books, but also the complete core rulebook line. I promptly told all my players. biggrin.gif
exSaint
QUOTE (Adam @ Oct 6 2009, 07:15 PM) *

Bummer. That's what I was afraid of, but thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Athenor @ Oct 6 2009, 07:31 PM) *
If you are looking for 20th ann. books, I'd highly recommend Barnes & Noble, as suggested earlier in this thread. I was downright shocked to walk in there and not only see 3-4 20A books, but also the complete core rulebook line. I promptly told all my players. biggrin.gif

I don't even know if we have Barnes and Noble in Canada.. if we don't, I'll have to see about getting it online. Thanks for the heads-up.
Cardul
QUOTE (Adam @ Oct 6 2009, 06:15 PM) *

Wow...it seems like people are really wanting quality games nowadays wink.gif
Pathfinder first run got sold out before GenCon, and now, it seems SR4A is waiting on a second printing?

Makes me glad I got my copy of Eclipse Phase at GenCon....
Semerkhet
QUOTE (Athenor @ Oct 6 2009, 06:31 PM) *

Noticed the same thing at my local Barnes & Noble last weekend. Several copies of all of the core 4e books (including 20A regular edition) displayed prominently at the top of the shelf and covers facing out. The D&D books were below with spines facing out. I pointed it out to my wife and we mused that the stocker at that particular store must be a SR fan, but from this thread it seems like SR is getting this treatment at other B&N stores. Go CGL, I say.
Malachi
I was at a store in Regina that had 4 sitting on the shelf (I saw and touched them, they're real). I don't know if they do mail orders or what kind of shipping you would get hit with, but if you really want it, PM me and I'll send you the info.
exSaint
QUOTE (Malachi @ Oct 7 2009, 11:39 AM) *
I was at a store in Regina that had 4 sitting on the shelf (I saw and touched them, they're real). I don't know if they do mail orders or what kind of shipping you would get hit with, but if you really want it, PM me and I'll send you the info.

Please do. I'm not sure if you'll need my postal code or not, but it's n6h0c5.

I looked on Barnes and Noble - there are no stores in Canada, and they didn't have any of the 20A books available online (so I don't even know what shipping costs would be, or if they would even ship to me).
Freejack
Yep, my B&N in Boulder Co has a couple of 20A's along with several others. I like seeing my game on the shelves smile.gif

Oh, and you probably already know but there are 4 print versions of Street Samurai (I have 'em smile.gif ).

Carl
BlueMax
QUOTE (Freejack @ Oct 7 2009, 04:20 PM) *
Yep, my B&N in Boulder Co has a couple of 20A's along with several others. I like seeing my game on the shelves smile.gif

Oh, and you probably already know but there are 4 print versions of Street Samurai (I have 'em smile.gif ).

Carl

/me shakes a fist at you in jealousy.

Yes, I know. The mission version and two First Ed hardbounds were stolen from me.
BlueMax
cerbero
4 weeks gone, an excuse for a wrong email and nothing more. . .
No more books via battlecorps.
Hope someone else gets his LE...

I canceled my order.
Synner667
QUOTE (cerbero @ Nov 2 2009, 09:21 PM) *
4 weeks gone, an excuse for a wrong email and nothing more. . .
No more books via battlecorps.
Hope someone else gets his LE...

I canceled my order.

Kinda sums up the whole Catalyst experience for me - over promise, under deliver.

I'll not buy from C/C again, and I make sure I tell everyone I know not to as well.

I don't really care what the problem is...

Catalyst are supposed to be selling a product - they can't manage it.
Catalyst are supposed to be professional - they can't manage to run their business.
BattleCorp are the sales arm of catalyst - they are unfit for their job.

Everyone who ordered and has not received their order should receive their order and a monetary amount [and not some paltry, insulting pittance] - this fiasco really should be over.

The people who pre-ordered should be the preferred customer in this situation - not the uncontacted, unhelped, undelivered ones.
Whatever is going on really needs to be sorted - before they push the hype about more products.

There are no excuses - Catalyst and BattleCorps are failures at doing their jobs.

Thanee
The (english) LE isn't even printed AFAIK, so why should anyone have it yet? wink.gif

Geez, guys. The folks at CGL are probably overtaxed currently, because the Anniversary is selling so well.
Just be happy for that and show some patience! It's good for everyone, if many people buy their books. smile.gif

And saying that they are failing... seriously, have you looked at the SR4A yet (or the Ecplise Phase book)? It's an amazing book!

As for the regular SR4A... must have been lucky myself, as I had no trouble to get one some weeks ago. Only really ordered it, because the LE (which I preordered several months ago, when I first heard of it) still hasn't even a definite street date announced.

But the real question is... how did the Street Samurai (Catalog, I assume) enter the scene, here? grinbig.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012