Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Professional Grade OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rob
@Mickle - Don't worry about it. It's about that time of the semester where everybody gets behind. C'est la vie.

@Digital Heroin - Where you at?

@Blackhat - Lot of stuff, but enough to manage:
1. IC out the interaction with Kym Tschoepe, since the guidance you give her (acting as your agent for assembling a rolodex of runners) will be critical for the kind of resources you'll be able to get.
2. IC out whatever resource you use to find Seattle VIPs or a likely pretext for the party.
3. There's a number of other characters who might want to be involved in this.

Some coordination things:
Artisan would have a business relationship (someone like an event planner or the concierge at the Hilton) with whom to coordinate all the minutae of his little soiree. The bigger, and most critical part of such a soiree, would be the "seattle VIPs interested". Between your character and digital heroin, you should be able to come up with a number. Since there's that much money involved in the project, pretty much every appointed municipal authority and every state congressman or city council member will be HIGHLY interested (if without expertise).
Don't forget the conference's, and the delegates' security, in the meeting plan. The Hilton is official enough it won't be much trouble, and the event planner can do a bit, but keep it in your head.

Red-ROM
Ok, not only am I a bad speller, But I don't know a lot about time shares. I thought you just bought a membership and then picked from available locations/dates....

anyway, here's that etiquette roll:
Charisma 5 + etiquette 4 + Nova coke 1 + kinesics 1
[2,5,6,3,2,2,4,1,1,5,2] = (3)

ok, after I wrote the IC post, I decided I should add a con roll:
Charisma 5 + con 5 + Nova coke 1 + kinesics 1
[6,6,1,5,4,6,1,2,2,5,1,3] = (5)
rob
@Red-ROM - 1. I don't know much about them either. I know there are some cooperative types, like you're talking about, and some that are devoted to shared ownership of a single high-value property, like a private jet. Both will come up in your search, and I'm assuming that by 2072 all you need to know is: 1. They give you a lot more flexibility than something like a hotel; 2. They are damn near automated, and 3. They require a pretty good credit validation.

2. Kinesics ain't gonna work over the phone, and you're going to get a -1 suspicion penalty given the sensitive nature of the Black Star vis a vis politics. However, that's still a good con roll.
Red-ROM
good call on Kinesics, I just copied it over from the character sheet without thinking. As far as the modifiers, I had been wondering how that would work. Should we check with you for the modifiers before we roll?
rob
Nah, modifiers are easy. Just roll base or any modifiers you know about, and I'll rip the dice off or roll the rest.
Red-ROM
cool
BlackHat
QUOTE (rob @ Oct 17 2009, 06:16 PM) *
@Blackhat - Lot of stuff, but enough to manage:

I will be getting that IC together shortly, but I'm in the process of buying a house in the next week, so things have been pretty hectic around here and at work. Sorry for any hold up, but things seem to be moving along nicely without me.
BlackHat
Got the ball rolling, at least. I'll probably post more IC about planning the party, soon, but this will allow rob to jump in, as he has time, with the Kym interaction.
Red-ROM
I'm worried this game is tanking.
it's been 5 days since Rob's last post(not bad, might be waiting on others to post)

it's been 16 days for crizh

36 days for digital heroin

37 for mickle5125 (IC)

I only mention it because there's a lot of other games going right now, but I don't want to take on another game right now if this one is still viable. any thoughts?
crizh
Hey, I is still here.

Been on holiday with no intertubes but back now.

I probably won't have a chance for a big post tonight but I am working up to it.

There's lots to do and I'm liking the free-form approach.
rob
I'm reassured that folks like the free form approach; it feels right to me.

I'll admit the posting pace has hit a hiccup compared to what we started with, but that's all-in-all a good thing. I will be around for a while, but due to my jobs I have a habit of disappearing randomly for 2-3 weekends per month. This weekend was an unexpected trip to Arizona (yay!)

Red-ROM, I don't see how hitting up another game would be a problem, if you feel like it. This game, in order to work, will have to last a long time, which means that it will get delayed in stages by things like jobs, vacations, sicks, and college. I am cool with whatever pace yall want to sustain, as long as yall keep putting out well formed and well-thought-out posts like yall been doing.

Once I get my week cleaned up from the business I missed this weekend, I'll be back up.
Red-ROM
sounds awesome, I just wanted to take a pulse, and see if we were still alive
rob
I'll be out of town all next week for some work stuff... I will have some internet access, but I will also be busy out of my rear. I'll move stuff that gets osted up along, to account for the background work, and then next week (week of 10 Nov) we'll bump up to some new action...
rob
I'll have a post up tomorrow for Blackhat and RedROM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012