Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sympathy for the Devil.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
milk ducks
[ CLOSED ] Sympathy for the Devil. (ooc)

Baby, this town rips the bones from your back;
it's a death trap, it's a suicide rap.
We gotta get out while we're young,
'cause tramps like us, baby, we were born to run.

System / Version: SR4 / SR4a, all official source books.
Build System: 300BP with additional limitations; see recruitment thread.
Min-Max # of Players: 4-8
# of Current Players: 7

cndblank: Rev APPROVED
DigitalOYABUN: Ernesto 'NestO' Fernandez APPROVED
Karoline: Gwen APPROVED
Method: Uriah 'Kid Hollywood' Hawkins APPROVED
Marwynn: Samson 'Shotgun Sam' Bahaghari APPROVED
OperationSpirt: Sophie Mcallister APPROVED
Thanee: Raven APPROVED

Note: I'm not a huge fan of the colour-by-context posting structure, but I'm including it.
Posts begin with location, time, and date stamped in orange.
"Speech: Cyan #00FFFF, enclosed in quotations."
<Coms (Text): Yellow #FFFF00, enclosed in brackets.>
<Coms (Subvocal): Violet #9932CC, enclosed in brackets.>
Thoughts: Italicized dark khaki #808000.
Memories, flashbacks, and dreams: italicized green #006400.

We'll be using Invisible Castle for dice tests. Please link your rolls.

Karma Drip: Any player who posts at least 3 times a week will be awarded 1 Karma point via PM.

Welcome to the Sympathy for the Devil OOC thread. The IC thread should be posted tomorrow; Thursday, October the 15th. Please use this space for all game-related out of character discussion, including strategy and general chat. If possible, I'd like to ask everyone to please re-post their final, approved character sheets below, so they're that much easier to locate.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone again for showing interest in this project. The CharGen phase of this game went surprisingly quickly, and the submissions were impressive across the board. If there's any one thing I can ask of you as the GM, it would be to please be patient with me; Shadowrun is a new game for me, and while I believe I have a pretty firm grasp on both the setting thematic and the rules, only time will tell. I will always be open to your suggestions and criticisms, so don't be afraid to be vocal. My primary goal here is to help facilitate the creation of something memorable; something worth reading even for people who aren't involved in the story.

And, parallel to that, I want everyone to enjoy themselves. If anyone decides, after we've started, that they're just not having any fun with my game world, I want you to know you're free to leave at any time; no hard feelings. It would be silly of me to expect every player who signs up to share or even accept my vision of the Sixth World. Thankfully, we've got enough skill overlap in most areas to allow for some player churn. So don't sweat it if it's just not your style.

So, with that said, I'm heading off to bed for the night. See you guys in game tomorrow.
Marwynn
Samson "Shotgun Sam" Bahaghari

"Because you're mine, I walk the line."

[ Spoiler ]

Modified: Oct 17, 10:02
Thanee
Raven, Street Shaman

[ Spoiler ]
Karoline
Gwen, Mundane Uncybered Rigger
[ Spoiler ]
OperationSpirit
Sophie Mcallister

Background Information:
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

"With the Lights out it's less dangerous, here we are now entertain us"
DigitalOYABUN

Ernesto 'Nest-O' Fernandez
[ Spoiler ]
Method
Kid Hollywood
[ Spoiler ]
cndblank
Rev (Elvish Go Ganger Face)

Rev

[ Spoiler ]

You better turn and run away because you're the evil.
We will keep on hunting you.
killing.
So what more do you want from me?
We will carry the weight that you can't carry.
Talk your sh*t about us.
We don't give a f*ck anyway.
You'll be the one to cry.
You'll be the one to fade.

Artist: Bleeding Through
Song: City of the condemned
Album: This Is Love, This Is Murderous
cndblank
So how are we going to communicate during our meet?

I think Rev will be our best negotiator (and maybe this time she will get the better of Matsu Hideki).

I guess we want some one there early to check it out.
And someone (or some thing) on the outside to keep an eye on things.

Other than not packing heat (cause of the frisking) on the way to his table what is the dress code of Bad JuJu Lounge?

Edit: Hey I'm first (OK I cheated but that is just getting in to character)
And we will need someone to hold our heat while we talk to him.

Perhaps send 3 up and hold 4 back to cover.

I'm assuming that the 35K is split 7 ways.
Marwynn
I'm up for scouting the place early, Samson's really not the type to walk into a place without seeing exits (natural and potential) for himself. If you guys would prefer he hang outside, that's cool too.

Did we determine how well we knew each other? Are we already a group? 7 Dice to throw for Social tests, so he may be able to bluff his way past some nosy people outside.

milk ducks
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 15 2009, 01:31 PM) *
also can I request that we disable signatures when posting in the game threads? It makes these threads so much easier to read and it helps with suspension of disbelief.

Sure thing, we can do that.
QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 15 2009, 02:26 PM) *
Other than not packing heat (cause of the frisking) on the way to his table what is the dress code of Bad JuJu Lounge?

Here's an official description of the Bad JuJu Lounge:

Once a standalone bar, the Bad Juju Lounge has moved into Neumo's, one of Seattle's premier music venues, and the marriage is a happy one. Separated from the live sounds of the club, this full bar offers a comfortable spot to chill out before, during and after the show. Nightly DJs serve up music in varying degrees & flavors of rock, and a plethora of plush sofas make weary show-watching feet happy. Keeping with the original location, the surroundings are embellished with New Orleans voodoo art and complemented by local artisans' glasswork and iron sculptures.

So, you could wear just about anything to this place, I think.

And here's a link to that same page. It includes some pictures from inside the club, and a pretty bad ass T-shirt bearing their logo.
QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 15 2009, 02:26 PM) *
I'm assuming that the 35K is split 7 ways.

Yeah, it's an intentionally low figure. I'm assuming some negotiation will go down at the meet.

-milk.
Karoline
Not that 5k each is that horrid considering this is a low powered game.
DigitalOYABUN
To finally answering Method's question (just saw it), if I were to steal from a teammate it would be inconsequental things like lighters, but as he is quite a good pickpocket and most in the barrens use only credsticks....he'll not need to rely on his mates for practice. But, if your lighters missing its a good bet its him lol
Thanee
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 15 2009, 09:02 PM) *
Not that 5k each is that horrid considering this is a low powered game.

Yep, and considering what some think is appropriate for this kind of work. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

P.S.
49°F (9°C)

Thanks for this, BTW! So I don't have to look it up to know the temperature. Yay! biggrin.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 15 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Did we determine how well we knew each other? Are we already a group?

That's the most important thing to figure out at this point, I think. smile.gif

- Do we know each other? I suppose so.
- How long do we know each other? Could be varying a bit, some might have been acquainted even before the first job together.
- How many jobs did we do already? Considering we are pretty new, no more than a handful, obviously.

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
Depends on the risk involved.

But it is a month or two of living expenses and a way to keep Four Fingers happy.

We need to be clear on the ground rules such as they are. Good ground rules make good teams.

I'll throw out a few suggestions and you guys tear them apart wink.gif

How do we handle medical bills and lost gear?

I mean I'd rather the rigger being more worried about covering my hoop on the way out than on how she is going to pay for a replacement drone. Same goes for the hacker.

Say top 50% of a run's payoff goes to cover damages (up to replacement cost)? Does that count ammo?

Second

Also everyone gets paid living or dead (if you are not there to collect your share of cred goes in to a predetermined blind account you've previously setup)?

Third

No on the side paydata give aways or transactions. No on the side looting.

Anything connected to a run is potentially dangerous and we should all know if and when the drek will hit the rotatory cooling unit.
Any thing connected to a run could be valuable and we all deserve a share and we all should know the level of risk involved.

Fourth Disposing of stuff

Personally I'd rather get less and know it wouldn't come back to haunt us.

Speaking of anyone get a good fence that can make hot stuff disappear without ratting us out?

DigitalOYABUN
I have a fence at loyalty 2, not the greatest, but hey.

Also, I dont mind all the rules except......you guessed it number 3. Now, I wont hold out on anyone...rats run in packs, but looting will be done on my part. Its in my characters nature (not to mention totem) to loot,steal, hiest, jack or otherwise pillage his filthy black heart out (oh sorry for the Captain Sparrow monologue) Not saying he's a klepto and its compulsive, but you might need to remind him it isnt the proper time for that. Of course he'll always have a cousin who needs/wants/interested in getting one of those [insert item name]
cndblank
QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Oct 15 2009, 01:41 PM) *
To finally answering Method's question (just saw it), if I were to steal from a teammate it would be inconsequental things like lighters, but as he is quite a good pickpocket and most in the barrens use only credsticks....he'll not need to rely on his mates for practice. But, if your lighters missing its a good bet its him lol

Gets too bad and we can stick an old fashion mouse trap in our pockets just to keep him honest (around us).

Reminds me of my aunt who was a cancer ward nurse.

She died last year, but when we were talking to her coworkers, we found out that she was quite the pickpocket and practical joker.

Like to take her coworkers pens (right out of their pockets), take the pen mechanism out, and put the empty shell back in to her victims pockets.
Thanee
BTW, ¥ is typed by having NumLock active and holding ALT while typing 0165 on the number block. No need to use a Y for the 'yen. smile.gif

There is also a Nuyen-Smilie: nuyen.gif (though it's not the prettiest)

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Oct 15 2009, 02:16 PM) *
I have a fence at loyalty 2, not the greatest, but hey.

Also, I dont mind all the rules except......you guessed it number 3. Now, I wont hold out on anyone...rats run in packs, but looting will be done on my part. Its in my characters nature (not to mention totem) to loot,steal, hiest, jack or otherwise pillage his filthy black heart out (oh sorry for the Captain Sparrow monologue) Not saying he's a klepto and its compulsive, but you might need to remind him it isnt the proper time for that. Of course he'll always have a cousin who needs/wants/interested in getting one of those [insert item name]

Looting is fine as long as we all know that it is going on and he avoids the easy to trace stuff.

It was more a reaction to one game where the rigger unbeknown to the rest of the team, informed a pirate network of what the evil experiments the big bad corp had paid them to clean up betraying their employer, her team mates, and leaving them hanging in the wind with a AAA corp known for making heart felt examples despite a low ROI.

Given that, can we agree that there will be times and places where we don't want to take anything but what we came for?
milk ducks
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 15 2009, 03:57 PM) *
BTW, ¥ is typed by having NumLock active and holding ALT while typing 0165 on the number block. No need to use a Y for the 'yen. smile.gif

Thank you! love.gif

-milk.
Thanee
QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 15 2009, 10:58 PM) *
Given that, can we agree that there will be times and places where we don't want to take anything but what we came for?

Well, we are not perfect... *rolls will+cha*

Yeah, everything fine. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
DigitalOYABUN
"Chum. Ramone, my cousin has been lookin' all over for one of these."

Like I said, I might need reminded
Thanee
QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 15 2009, 10:58 PM) *
It was more a reaction to one game where the rigger unbeknown to the rest of the team, informed a pirate network of what the evil experiments the big bad corp had paid them to clean up betraying their employer, her team mates, ...

Stuff like that surely won't happen. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 15 2009, 08:26 PM) *
So how are we going to communicate during our meet?

Typing text into commlink for me (no datajack). wink.gif

I think Rev will be our best negotiator.

I think she is. smile.gif

I guess we want some one there early to check it out.
And someone (or some thing) on the outside to keep an eye on things.

See below.

And we will need someone to hold our heat while we talk to him.
Perhaps send 3 up and hold 4 back to cover.

As I understand, we will all need to be there.

I also don't really see why we would need cover? Maybe on the (potential) meet after the run. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 15 2009, 04:05 PM) *
Stuff like that surely won't happen. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

Hey a PC has a crisis of conscious that fine. Good roleplaying opportunity.

Just after you Share and get it off your conscious, the next call you should make is to your team mates so they can get a head start on the Triple A assets sent to clean up.

It is only fair. wink.gif
Marwynn
I'm alright with expenses being covered by the pay as long as the expenses were incurred keeping our bacons from going into the fryer.

We'll keep an eye on the ratty one, sounds like fun. Plus, some of us can steal and have it be blamed on him...

I got a loyalty 2, conn 2 fixer that can sell stuff we pick-up, but I wouldn't suggest wanton stealing unless for sure we can get away with it. Also, when are we stealing the van?

I'm cool with anyone knowing Sam beforehand. He'll be making a visit to the club in the afternoon. It does sound like we all hafta be there.
Karoline
Well, I think that milk was talking about how we had basically been running together for a while before this run. Mostly smuggling runs and stuff from what I understood. I suppose this likely amounts to a professional relationship, maybe even knowing each other somewhat well and 'liking each other well enough'.
cndblank
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 15 2009, 04:27 PM) *
As I understand, we will all need to be there.

I also don't really see why we would need cover? Maybe on the (potential) meet after the run. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

Unless he is doing the "have dinner on me" thang, then if we have worked for him in the past, all he needs to know is that our representative is there with the power to negotiate.

It is not like we have to look tough to convince the Johnson we can pull it off.

If he ask if it will be the usual crews and I say they are all in then we are good. If I lie to him about and he finds out then I'm in trouble.

We need everyone there so that we can cover all aspects of the run as we consider it and negotiate the price. Rev don't know beans about magical security or Matrix resources, but we don't need them physically there.

But we want to expose as few of us as possible to anyone watching him. It could be a Lonestar snitch with a cyber eye camera (or is it Knight Errant now), a rival, or another team of runners?

The more of us and the more distinctive we are the better the chance word will get out.

Put we need to know we can communicate securely before we start talking about committing a felony over our comms.

But if I'm being too professional too soon, then lets all go together. wink.gif
cndblank
QUOTE (Marwynn @ Oct 15 2009, 04:40 PM) *
We'll keep an eye on the ratty one, sounds like fun. Plus, some of us can steal and have it be blamed on him...

We can put the riggers in charge. Perhaps a rat shaped drone that can ride on his shoulder and keep an eye on him.
Perhaps it will be able to administer negative reinforcement.

Zapp! Don't tough that.
milk ducks
Yeah, I wanted the exact nature and extent of everyone's relationships to one another to be entirely up to them. But I think it's fair to say that everyone is at least passingly familiar with the entire crew. Also, since Hideki's message in my opening post was a reminder, I'm assuming that he's already communicated with each of you about it at some point. For the sake of everyone's sanity, let's assume that he provided each of you with a list of the runner's he wanted involved. So everyone will know who's going to the meet, and probably have ways to get ahold of them.

QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 15 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Unless he is doing the "have dinner on me" thang, then if we have worked for him in the past, all he needs to know is that our representative is there with the power to negotiate.

It is not like we have to look tough to convince the Johnson we can pull it off.

Yeah, the whole team doesn't have to be present if you've elected a face to deal with Hideki. He won't mind at all. In fact, the fewer shadowrunners he has gathered around him at any given point, the more comfortable he is.

QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 15 2009, 06:10 PM) *
The more of us and the more distinctive we are the better the chance word will get out.

Bingo! I like the way this guy thinks. cool.gif

-milk.
DigitalOYABUN
Other than a van, a key card copier should be high on our list of things to acquire.

Nest-O will get along with anyone pretty much that isnt uptight all the time.
cndblank
Two vans
Karoline
QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 15 2009, 05:51 PM) *
Two vans

Why not just one for each of us? wink.gif

Edit: Oh, and who's character is good looking?
cndblank
Rev is used to being the distraction.

Just let me get my microdress and high heels.
DigitalOYABUN
Nest-O has Cha 4 and an Elf.....so reasonably okay looking I'd suppose.
Marwynn
Sam has Cha 4 but is an Ork... so not very? Hehehe.

DigitalOYABUN
I'll go inside if needed, besides I want to see how good they can frisk an adept palmist. Call it a challenge I suppose to see what I can slip by them lol
Karoline
Hehe, well we'll see. I know my opening post in IC is kinda long, but since I didn't do a vignette, I figured it would be a good chance to let people get to know her. In case I didn't get everything across properly, she is generally very playful with people, especially those she considers 'cute' (Male or Female), often seems absent minded because she gets sidetracked with her own thoughts, is vaguely exhibitionistic, and is generally playfully looking for someone to help keep her warm, but she is usually so playful about it that she doesn't come across as serious (Especially since it is hard to tell if she is really interested in guys, gals, or both).

Hope there aren't too many sexual overtones in the posts and her general personality. If so, please tell me (Here or in private) and I'll try and tone it down if it offends or anything.

Oh, also, I totally love the idea of making a rat version of a fly-spy or something to hang out on the rat totem guy's shoulder (Or was it gal? I think guy but I don't remember for certain off hand).

Edit: Oh, and hope the first person doesn't throw anyone off, I find it so much easier to write in first.
milk ducks
As far as the content goes, let me just make one thing clear; you really can't offend me, lol. I've been hanging out on 4chan long enough that I'm pretty much immune to being put off by explicit shit. Obviously, I don't speak for everyone. So if anyone has an issue with content going "too far", you'll need to bring it up on this thread or PM me about it. Having said that, I can't foresee any real reason for posts to be like, overtly sexual. You know what I mean?

-milk.
Karoline
QUOTE (milk ducks @ Oct 15 2009, 08:14 PM) *
As far as the content goes, let me just make one thing clear; you really can't offend me, lol. I've been hanging out on 4chan long enough that I'm pretty much immune to being put off by explicit shit. Obviously, I don't speak for everyone. So if anyone has an issue with content going "too far", you'll need to bring it up on this thread or PM me about it. Having said that, I can't foresee any real reason for posts to be like, overtly sexual. You know what I mean?

-milk.

So no posting on the specifics of sexual encounters then? nyahnyah.gif Don't think it'll be an issue. I don't think my post will really offend anyone as is, but I want to check to make sure that no one has an issue with the post or the fact that I'll be throwing some sexuality, innuendo, seduction of varying subtly, and various other certainly PG-13 things and a few things that might make an R rating possible. Not going to be trying for an R rating, but just want to throw that out there.
cndblank
Nesto or Sam will work fine.

One can be Rev's "date" and the other one can hold our pieces while we are at the meet.

DigitalOYABUN
I spent 14 years as a Marine, so not easily offended.

I'll be trying to post last, or my time at posting will be later. My character lives in a network bottleneck area, so he'll recieve the message later.
DigitalOYABUN
QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 15 2009, 11:02 PM) *
Nesto or Sam will work fine.

One can be Rev's "date" and the other one can hold our pieces while we are at the meet.

Well, Nesto doesnt use guns much, so not much good if 'holding onto them' incase it hits the fan. Infact he'll have to make a composure test to stay and fight...unless cornered. On the upside his throwing knives do 5P.
Method
Hey folks. Just catching up. Long day at work.

QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Oct 15 2009, 12:41 PM) *
To finally answering Method's question (just saw it), if I were to steal from a teammate it would be inconsequental things like lighters...
Thats cool. Hollywood won't shoot him in the face over a lighter... probably. wink.gif

cndblank's Rules: I agree on all points except that 50% off the top for expenses seems excessive. I'd agree to maybe 10% to pick up things we need pre-run, then see what loses are incurred. After the run we could talk amongst the group about replacing damaged drones or what not and split whats left.

Backstory: Seems reasonable to just say that we all have worked with 2-3 of the other PCs before. I could see Hollywood and Shotgun Sam doing some dirty work, for example.

Communication: Hollywood is rocking a trode net, so he can communicate in AR via text. Thats usually easiest in PbP anyway. Anybody have an Encryption program?

The Meet: Man I love Neumo's. The last time I was there IRL I saw the band I quoted in the recruiting thread- Rodger Clyne and the Peacemakers. Anyway, Hollywood will gladly stay armed and run overwatch for the meet. He ain't no good at negotiations, no how.

Offensive Content: I don't like excessively detailed descriptions of violence or sex just because they bore me- it doesn't take any writing talent or creativity to be graphic. Otherwise I say if you're easily offended you should loosen the fuck up. smokin.gif

And since I've updated my place holder, I'll restate my request to disable signatures in these threads. Trust me- in a few months when you are rummaging back through the IC and OOC threads you will definitely appreciate not having to figure out what is signature and what is story... Just a suggestion of course.
cndblank
Sorry Sam, but two elves will attract less attention.

Can you hold my piece?

Nesto can you clean up nice?

I figure we want to wear some thing casual but not cheap.

As for the rest as long as it is germane to the story it is fine with me.

Sam, how hot are you packing?

Trying to determine if I should pack a pistol or bring the Machine Pistol.

Marwynn
Depends on the area, think Sam can get away with his paired Gunblades? He'll be concealing his Colt Manhunter.

He can go fully loaded if the area's that bad. No worries, he knows he's there for the muscle and not his charms.
Method
Oh yeah: I still have a 2/3 contact to flesh out. Anybody have ideas about what we still need as far as contacts?

milk- is SR's Bad Juju Lounge the kind of place where you can wear guns/armor openly? If not, Hollywood will pack his Predators in hidden arm slides and his Warhawk in a small-of-the-back concealed holster all under his leather jacket with FFBA shirt underneath.
cndblank
We could use a good fence. I think the best we have is a 2/2.

I also have an arms dealer at L1 and C3.

I have a Street doc at Loyalty 5 and connection 3.
Thanee
I have a 3/4 Fixer contact. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012