Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle 2072
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Megu
There's a section on Tamanous in Vice, albeit not a huge one. Still, might be more what you're looking for.
Bull
Tamanous showed up in one of the Threats books, I think. Threats 2, likely.

I heard through the freelancer grapevine that the idea for them originally stemmed from the Urban Legend about the guy waking up in a bathtub full of ice, missing a kidney. I can't verify that though.

There's not a whole lot of info on them in 4th edition. They're just one of many, many minor groups in Shadowrun that do bad things. It's just one of those "Too many elements that have been introduced over the years" to fit easily into a new edition.

Bull
Buio
Aha, thanks for the info. Just that I saw them mentioned several times in the Seattle book, so I got curios. Minor groups that aren't detailed a lot can be useful for the GM too. Gives a bit more freedom to play with, even though "organ legging ghoul connected" sort of puts a label on them.
Nath
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 7 2010, 01:09 AM) *
Tamanous showed up in one of the Threats books, I think. Threats 2, likely.

Not Threats 2, nor Threats. You're probably thinking of Tamanous story in Loose Alliances.
Adam
Tamanous wasn't covered in Seattle 2072 for exactly that reason -- Vice was going to cover them in more detail in the same timeframe.
Grinder
Vice portrays them in a strange way compared with the entry in Loose Alliances, so I suggest to check both entries and see which one better suits your view of the organization.
Buio
I don't own Vice, and the local shop don't have it. But I'll get it when possible.

I'll just wing it so Tamanous fits my evil needs.
Megu
QUOTE (Buio @ Jul 8 2010, 11:17 AM) *
I don't own Vice, and the local shop don't have it. But I'll get it when possible.

I'll just wing it so Tamanous fits my evil needs.

Usually the way to go in my experience anyways.
Bull
QUOTE (Nath @ Jul 7 2010, 07:06 PM) *
Not Threats 2, nor Threats. You're probably thinking of Tamanous story in Loose Alliances.

That'd be it. I thought they were a bit older that LA... It's been a while since I've cracked any of those books. THough I think I need to go peek into THreats and Threats 2 a bit for Missions Season 4... See if there's anything fun in there that's not been used in a while.

smile.gif

Bull
CanRay
Slowly getting through Seattle 2072. It's making me want to write in the universe again. And very much want to play!

Still wishing I had a Shadowrun GM...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012