Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What’s your Characters’ Favorite Weapons?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Kovu Muphasa
Kovu Muphasa:
-First is his .600 Nitro Express loaded with APDS, its part of his fluff and when it comes out the fight ends quickly.
-Second: His Ruger Thunderbolt, he picked one up when we went to Boston for a run and had to buy gear there [Airport Security]. The fixer had either a Colt Manhunter or the Ruger Thunderbolt, so I chose the Ruger. In a fight with Zombies, not only did I never miss I continually Critical Succeeded [Rolled more 6’s than ½ my dice total], so I look at it as Karma told me this was my gun. When we got back to Seattle I picked one up and had it modified to use the same clips as my Predator. For silent work I use my Predator with it’s silencer and in normal fire fights I use the Thunderbolt.

Scrounger:
-First: I carry 3 Ruger Super Warhawks, one in a Concealed holster and the other 2 in a Quickdraw western rig. When I go into situations where they want my guns I give them the western rig without question and normally they don’t even look to see if I have any more weapons. The funny part is that I have never fired them in a game.
-Second: This is a new one, Grenades. It started when a new team member gave her some grenades. She thanked him and then put them in her lined coat. Latter during the run we were ambushed by a gang and the Ork Gang Leader was using a LMG. Scrounger Called over her Force-6 Air Spirit, pulled the pin on one of the grenades and told it to give it to the gang leader. It took it over to the gang leader and went I have gift for you, the gang leader turned around saw the spirit and fed it a full auto burst into the spirit. The scared the spirit with dropped the grenade and ran away unharmed. The grenade landed on the ground and the we all learned some Orkish Curse Words.

Devon:
-First: His $19.95 HSN Ninja-To. Being a rich kid form Japan he had Kendo Training and when he started running he needed a blade. Therefore, he went to Joe’s Blade Shop and got a cheep Pakistani Ninja-To with all the bells and whistles. He has not got to use it in combat yet, but all of the other stuff has proven useful.
Second: His Streetline Special [With APDS]. He started to carry this because his father is a Renraku Executive it was reasonable for him to have a self-defense weapon. Normally he does not start a run the normal way, it hits the fan around him and this is all he has. His kill total with it is a half dozen gangers, 2 Ice Drakes and a Griffin.
otakusensei
My technomancer carries a heavily modified FN 5-7c. So far it has only been used for suppressive fire once. He also has several drones with White Knights. Those guys get used all the time.
Platinum
Platinum:
3rd edition: Viper Slivergun: Although it was ineffective against armour, the concealability and coolness factor was high. Tucked away in a concealable holster under an armoured bomber jacket.

I carried a Savelette Guardian with gel rounds for a while when I went through a passive change the world phase. Had a spare clip of APDS for when things got rough, but all in all I didn't think that a corp security slag was worth killing. No corporate goon earning minimum wage deserves to die on the job.
Critias
My long-running Sammie became the Ingram SuperMach guy. 6L base damage, yeah, but big fat magazines, more-than-respectable burst damage, and he had enough skill dice (SMG's 8, Supermach 10 or 11 or so, by campaign's end) that he made it work for him without the low base damage mattering much. He shot down a Hughes Stallion with one once, with a single shot, packing AV ammo. That was, well, pretty close to retirement time.

For quieter work, he used a silenced pistol. Never really had a favorite there, rotated from Savalette Guardians to Predators, just whatever was handy. By career's end he liked 'em disposable, and got more and more into Predators for just that reason. Easy as pie to find on the street, common as dirt, and he wasn't breaking the bank if he just popped someone a few times and tossed the gun down right next to 'em before leaving. I never succumbed to the temptation of just getting a Viper, because his tendency to already call headshots would've just made a slivergun pretty obscene.

A big chunk of his killing came hand to hand, too, though. Bone lacing and muscle augmentation gave him respectable base damage, and a high Wildcat skill (and wise CP expenditures) did the rest. He and a friend once -- while handcuffed -- kicked and headbutted to death a gang of eight Troll gangers. Ah, good times. Good times.
Draco18s
Kingfisher favored his dual clip P93 Praetor.

My current character, Slinky, uses a katar.
Warlordtheft
Der Nacht (NPC-human-Mage)--Monofilament whip---good for pizza cutting, and other cutting. Current combat usage in campaign-0.

Gunslinger (NPC-human-gunbunnie)--Pair of Ruger Warhawks that are specially modded (Ceremic materials 3, SA, Smartgun, Ammoselector). He got these as a retirement present from his former employer and caries these concealed in his cyberarms w/cyber slides (dual weilding). Has not been involved in the campaign for a while, but does do bodyguard work.

Raid (PC-Human-Mage)---Ares monosword. Other than the Ares Predator, it is all he carries.

Chrome Demon aka CD (PC-Troll-Gunbunnie): His pari of pimpedout Ruger thunderbolts that are nickle plated to match him, with gold inlay and a demonhead at the end. Note that the demon's eyes light up bright red when being fired.

Twitch (NPC-human-Techno): His collection of collapsble staffs. Why, cause his favorite pin-up (Subuki (SP?) Redflower has one.

Machiavelli
Baal, Troll-Adept:
- Ingram Smartgun: still the best cost-effectiveness and in SR4 it looks even better than in all previous edition.
- Ares Viper Slivergun: incredible devastating to unarmored enemies (most critters don´t wear or possess one) and even agains armored grunts is is better than any other heavy pistol (if you can handle the recoil). It has a high base damage, burst-fire option and even with the bad armor piercing capability (+5) you deal more damage than with any heavy pistol because of the fact that impact armor is usually lower than ballistic.
Daylen
.600 Nitro Express... thats a caliber not a gun. If I'm wrong please site the book its from.

-Ug: Ingram valiant

-my hobo char: remington 900
Stahlseele
Franchi SPAS-22 or Franchi SPAS-12.
Nothing says GO AWAY like a 10S/13D BF capable Shotgun.
For up close and personal, my favourite can opener is a Pole-Arm with Dikote.
STR+4 Deadly Damage with a reach bonus of 2. Combine with STR16 Troll Arms for 20D Damage and a reach bonus of 3
Daylen
Future char
British troll/shapeshifter/otherbig game hunter: custom build(cannon companion) H&H side by side rifle chambered in 338 Lapua. When hunting dangerous game in the shadows 16S with a vast followup serves well.
Sixgun_Sage
Zero, Dwarf Ninja Mystic Adept: His ninja-to is his favorite weapon but he rarely gets to use it, usually if it needs killing we wax it at range and if it needs capturing Zero goes invisible and nails the bastards with a nerve strike (he has yet to fail to paralyze an enemy with the first hit), at range he has a sav. guardian modified with a heavy barrell, internal suppressor and a few other widgets. That isn't his favorite ranged weapon, just his most efficient one, his favorite is his MAD defeating material shuriken.
etherial
My (player's) favorite weapon is the Guide Lamp Liberator. It's the derringer made by General Motors that was manufactured faster than it could be fired.
etherial
My (player's) favorite weapon is the Guide Lamp Liberator. It's the derringer made by General Motors that was manufactured faster than it could be fired.
DireRadiant
Dire Radiant's favorite weapon are her team mates.
Draco18s
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jan 14 2010, 02:42 PM) *
Dire Radiant's favorite weapon are her team mates.

Those were Kingfisher's favorite shields. They had this habit of running around without cover, which was just fine by him, as it kept the opposition from seeing him as a threat.
Kovu Muphasa
QUOTE (Daylen @ Jan 14 2010, 02:04 PM) *
.600 Nitro Express... thats a caliber not a gun. If I'm wrong please site the book its from.

Holland & Holland .600 Nitro Express = PJSS Elephant Rilfe smile.gif
crash2029
John, my grizzled old ork merc, is rather notorious for carrying a concealed armory. His typical "out-n-about" loadout includes twin Ingrams, a pair of Predators, and a Narcojet Supersquirt. If he is going into a heavy situation he brings his custom Ares Alpha, and doubles the grenades and DEXS he normally carries. Interestingly enough, a great majority of the time the only weapons he actually uses are his fists and spurs.

Car, my decker/face/jack-of-all-trades turned fixer, used to carry a suppressed Manhunter. Later in his career he started using a manriki-gusari.
The Jake
EDIT: Back at my books now.

Pistol:
Historically Ares Viper. I liked the ability to do silenced headshots with burst against unarmed target. This was stupidly simple in SR3. Now it isn't... so in SR4, probably the Ares Light Fire 70 - a worthy spiritual successor. It strikes me as the ultimate weapon of a professional killer. I do like the Ruger however for raw stopping firepower - coupled with increased cylinder and SA modification but I've never used it. I also like the FN 5-7C simply because of how much recoil compensation one can cram into it.

SMG:
Ingram Smartgun hands down. It just has every mod you could possibly want in an SMG. In previous editions I dug the MP5-TX and Colt Cobra but that was for style.

Assault Rifle:
Ares Alpha. As above. The compensation rules now make it stupidly simple to mod the hell out of. I also like the fact it comes with a grenade launcher for those times when you absolutely positively have to kill every motherf*cker in the room!

Shotgun:
Franchi SPAS-22. Personal choice. Very flavorful.

Heavy Weapons:
GE Vindicator. What can I say - I love throwing up lots of lead a target. Load these suckers up with AV rounds and just go to town. I also like the Enfield GL-67 Grenade Launcher.

- J.
Starmage21
Mr. Ares, a gun bunny fanatic of all toys carrying the Ares brand carried 2 Ares Predators. 1 silenced with S&S ammo, and the other vented with EX-EX. When the situation called for it, an Ares Alpha assault rifle, with all the recoil reducing mods and regular ammo.

Typhoid, a noserfatu hermetic magician never carried a weapon at all, but rather relied on incredibly high drain stats to be able to cast pretty much any direct combat spell he desired. Still playing this one at Magic 4, Logic 7, Willpower 7.
Doc Byte
Streetsam's best friend:

Ingram Mac X

Build in
- Smartlink
- Gas-vent 2
- Sound Suppressor
- Folding Stock

Mods
- Heavy Barrel
- Electronic Firing
- Trigger Removal
- Skinlink

Accessories
- Underbarrel Weight
kanislatrans
Silly putty, my dwarf coyote shaman's main load-out is a salad fork and a smoked herring...but then he's a little touched.. grinbig.gif
Starmage21
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Jan 14 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Streetsam's best friend:

Ingram Mac X

Build in
- Smartlink
- Gas-vent 2
- Sound Suppressor
- Folding Stock

Mods
- Heavy Barrel
- Electronic Firing
- Trigger Removal
- Skinlink

Accessories
- Underbarrel Weight

*tries to imagine the Mac-10 with an underbarrel weight and is boggled as to how it would fit on there*
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Jan 14 2010, 06:59 PM) *
*tries to imagine the Mac-10 with an underbarrel weight and is boggled as to how it would fit on there*

It is so obvious... The weight attaches to the Suppressor when it is attached... *grin*

Yeah, right...

keep the Faith
Squinky
Peligro Pete:

Ak-97, right off the shelf. Cheap and easy to replace when broken or to keep his trail clean.

Pete has gyro mounts and foot anchors to help on the recoil, so he's fine with the base gun.
Saint Sithney
Joseph K. "Killdozer" - (CybOrk soldier turned SURGED-out sewer-dwelling runaway medical experiment)-- His favorite weapon is an Ares Alpha which he grabbed off a guard during his escape from a Tir Blacksite research facility. The gun had an Advanced Safety linked to an RFID chip in the guard's hand, so K just bit the guys hand off and hoofed it all the way back to the Metroplex. The gun has since been modded, but it still retains the same Advanced Safety, even though it's pretty much useless since the RFID chip is in the magically preserved hand hanging from the gun's front end as an Underbarrel Weight.
Thanee
Fichetti Security 600 (never run out of ammo again... smile.gif)
HK-227X (integral sound suppressor FTW biggrin.gif)
Ares Alpha (well... there was no other choice... wink.gif)

Bye
Thanee
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Jan 15 2010, 02:59 AM) *

There's no extra weight but a huge sound supressor. wink.gif

Btw, there's a new pic of the Mac X in SR4A.
Silverback
Silverback, now-retired decker, used a MP-5 TX. Mainly because of the looks from the Street Sam Catalogue and a Browning Ultra-Power because of the great conceability.
Wuerfelwerfer
Farmboy, my cybertroll, usually just needs to hit people with his fell hands to make them stop moving. Fer shootin' he uses his Pa's critter-gun, which is just a troll-sized old shotgun.
StealthSigma
My character's favorite weapon that he owns is one the GM cooked up. We really weren't satisfied with any of the assault rifles or sporting rifles to serve as a precision weapon in short range engagements.

So we came up with the H&K 516P.

It's classified as a Longarm(Sporting Rifle) for most purposes.
7P, -1AP, SA, 30©, RC 2

It also has a smartlink and imaging scope.

However, the major difference is what range table it uses. Instead of using the sporting rifle range table (0-100, 101-250, 251-500, 501-750) it uses the assault rifle range table (0-50, 51-150, 151-350, 351-550).

I'm also assuming the GM would have a H&K 516 that was classed as an assault rifle, but used 6P damage instead. I'm guessing that the major difference between the two is that the 516P is just designed to chamber a larger caliber round, like the .308/7.62 rather than a 5.56 (yes I know that by internal ballistics, if the barrel length is the same, the 7.62 should have a longer distance, but this is all balance).
Draco18s
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jan 15 2010, 05:27 AM) *
The gun has since been modded, but it still retains the same Advanced Safety, even though it's pretty much useless since the RFID chip is in the magically preserved hand hanging from the gun's front end as an Underbarrel Weight.

Epic win.
Neraph
I usually play mages. My favorite weapon is multi-casting Stunbolts, although he does have a sword that he uses. That same mage is a nosferatu, and his favorite weapon would have been Slab splash grenades infected with the Ghoul strain, but we retired just before I could get those working...

I have the character concept of a Mystic Adept using Shapechange to shift into a wolf/great cat and use unarmed combat.

My AI character (with Piloting Origins) is housed inside a drone body, and enjoys using his cyber-spurs (using the optional rule that mechanical arms have the same capacity of cyber-arms and can load the same mods). With Turbocharging and Chameleon Coating, they don't see me until I'm on them (I move something between the speed of a human and a troll).

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Sakura Fubuki and the Ruger 100. I plan on making a character soon who's so confident that he uses the Ruger 100 unmodded and the Cavalier Deputy, reloading in combat (no speed-loaders).

Also I'd love to use the following:
Heavy Crossbow
[2 Slots] Extended Clip (Drum)
[4 Slots] Firing Selection Change (Large Mod [Full Auto])

There's just something about being able to Suppressive Fire with a crossbow that's appealing to me...

EDIT: I was going to post the Super Squirt with Pepper Punch and gas grenades of the same as they are street legal and effective, however someone on this board revealed to me KE IV, which is just as cheap and legal, but deals one more point of damage and is acid.
Mongoose
Mongoose was a SR2 gunbunny who tried to own and use at least one of every gun the "firearms" class allowed use of. One of my favorites was the large netgun- its so huge, its like a freaking anime weapon. No collatoral damage to worry about, and it seems custom designed to make non-combatants dive for cover. Quite effective for the intended use as well, assuming you had the skill and pool to use it (he did, in spades). Not that I used it often; his standard combat weapon was the Franchi Spaz / Mosberg CMDT. Quite amusing was the time I tried loading gell scattershot; the effect was much like using a firehose that sprayed snot. Not much damage, but everybody in the room fell down.

Probably the most USEFUL weapon was the collapsable staff (AKA Mimbari fighting pike) the GM let me get. Due to how spirit combat worked in SR2, a reach 2+ weapon and Willpower of 6 was pretty much the best way a mundane had of dealing with a manifest spirit. Especially if that mundane had 3-4 actions per round.
Patrick the Gnome
Patrick: Cyberarm shotgun and Cyberarm grenade launcher, who says you can't sneak a grenade launcher into a AAA corp through the front door?

David Moreau: 3 heavily modded weapons named after his dead twin siblings and his dog. 2 dual-wielded Ares Crusaders named "Tim&Tess" with integrated sound-suppressors and chameleon coating as well as a firing selection change for full auto. These are the crowd killers and the stealth guns (they're usually held in cyberarm slides). His 3rd gun is named "Big Bessy" and is an Ares Alpha modified for pretty much the sole purpose of firing High Velocity Full Auto bursts with no recoil. The gun for when things have gone horribly right.

Freya Swanson: As a legitimate berserker magician, Freya walks around in Miltary-Grade Armor inhabited by a force 4 ally spirit with a blast elemental aura who wields a claymore inhabited by a force 5 Air Spirit with a lightning element aura, making all of her strikes knockback her opponents and leave them twitching in electricity-induced convulsions. In addition she has a Storm Wall spell with the same 2 elemental effects which she has yet to use because of the rather severe drain but which promises to be rather epic when used in the right situation.
Platinum
The real question everyone is dying to ask Patrick, is: Are you spirits dikoted as well?
Wolfshade
"John Smith"( Ork Mob hitman) His two regular old Pred IV's. "Tom" (yes, a street sammie troll) His mele hardened Ruger SW. "Bess" (dwarf face) her Pulsar
Critias
QUOTE (Patrick the Gnome @ Jan 15 2010, 09:58 PM) *
Patrick: Cyberarm shotgun and Cyberarm grenade launcher, who says you can't sneak a grenade launcher into a AAA corp through the front door?

David Moreau: 3 heavily modded weapons named after his dead twin siblings and his dog. 2 dual-wielded Ares Crusaders named "Tim&Tess" with integrated sound-suppressors and chameleon coating as well as a firing selection change for full auto. These are the crowd killers and the stealth guns (they're usually held in cyberarm slides). His 3rd gun is named "Big Bessy" and is an Ares Alpha modified for pretty much the sole purpose of firing High Velocity Full Auto bursts with no recoil. The gun for when things have gone horribly right.

Freya Swanson: As a legitimate berserker magician, Freya walks around in Miltary-Grade Armor inhabited by a force 4 ally spirit with a blast elemental aura who wields a claymore inhabited by a force 5 Air Spirit with a lightning element aura, making all of her strikes knockback her opponents and leave them twitching in electricity-induced convulsions. In addition she has a Storm Wall spell with the same 2 elemental effects which she has yet to use because of the rather severe drain but which promises to be rather epic when used in the right situation.

Wow. You're certainly not playing the same Shadowrun I'm playing.
Patrick the Gnome
QUOTE (Critias @ Jan 15 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Wow. You're certainly not playing the same Shadowrun I'm playing.

What? Small dwarves with huge, electric swords are awesome grinbig.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Patrick the Gnome @ Jan 16 2010, 12:08 AM) *
What? Small dwarves with huge, electric swords are awesome grinbig.gif

I think the "not blatantly being thrown in jail (or SR equivalent)" for all that over the top weaponry is what he's referring to.
Patrick the Gnome
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jan 16 2010, 12:25 AM) *
I think the "not blatantly being thrown in jail (or SR equivalent)" for all that over the top weaponry is what he's referring to.

Well yeah. Most of the illegal stuff isn't on the characters most of the time. But there are times when it's possible to use it, and as long as the character's careful about avoiding the law and covering his tracks, I don't see what's wrong with it.
Whipstitch
Nothing says serious business like some hardliner gloves and a pair of Warhawks on a guy who looks like he might actually know how to use them.
wind_in_the_stones
Ingram White Knight (recoil fully covered) with underbarrel grenade launcher for ranged combat. Hooves, for up close and personal. And with a running rate of 52, he can make it up close and personal.
KarmaInferno
Lassiter Elias Jones - Grumpy Old Merc - Favorite Weapon: His mind.

He has no preferred firearms. Believes that over-reliance on one is a weakness that can be exploited. Is known for buying bags of cheap-ass crap guns as well as top of the line units, training regularly with all of them.

QUOTE (Patrick the Gnome @ Jan 16 2010, 03:58 AM) *

The cyberware scanner. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
KarmaInferno
Yeah, having items of dubious legality permanently attached to you can cause problems on occasion.

-np
The Jake
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jan 16 2010, 05:25 AM) *

Its the classic "pink mowhawk vs ice cold pro" argument. smile.gif

- J.
Summerstorm
Sign of a pro: "Dual Hämmerli's with silencers in hidden armslides" , APDS-Ammo
The "oh GOD, please don't shoot me": Trollsized Eichiro Hatamoto II, loaded with Ex-Ex (And cool reload time)
Or the "uncontrolled supressive fire deluxe" Two Steyr-TMP's

Also the Mossberg AM-CMDT is just awesome. 10 Bullets in the clip... and full-auto capability.

Well, no one of my character has ever got one, or intended to use one but the Thunderstruck... Everytime you shoot someone with it, your Comlink should blast out AC/DC and scream... just because.
The Jake
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Jan 16 2010, 12:37 PM) *
Sign of a pro: "Dual Hämmerli's with silencers in hidden armslides" , APDS-Ammo

Agent 47?

QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Jan 16 2010, 12:37 PM) *
Well, no one of my character has ever got one, or intended to use one but the Thunderstruck... Everytime you shoot someone with it, your Comlink should blast out AC/DC and scream... just because.

Agreed 100%.

- J.
Draco18s
QUOTE (The Jake @ Jan 16 2010, 07:11 AM) *
Its the classic "pink mowhawk vs ice cold pro" argument. smile.gif

My group's game typically fall somewhere in between. The obviously magical flying military armor is going to get shot at, pulled over, arrested, and blown up. But getting shot at the scene of a crime isn't going to get a cabal of mages ritually casting fireballs on your blood.
Snow_Fox
Colt Manhunter- big hand gun.

Beretta 200- I RL like Beretta's.

FN PS-90. assault carbine, got the particulars from Raygun's old site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012