Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What’s your Characters’ Favorite Weapons?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
TheOneRonin
Some of my favs:

AK Variants
-7.62x39mm flavors

Masada/ACR
-6.8mm SPC or 7.62x39mm flavors

Suppressed Bizon SMG
-9x19mm

Neraph
QUOTE (Patrick the Gnome @ Jan 15 2010, 08:58 PM) *
Freya Swanson: As a legitimate berserker magician, Freya walks around in Miltary-Grade Armor inhabited by a force 4 ally spirit with a blast elemental aura who wields a claymore inhabited by a force 5 Air Spirit with a lightning element aura, making all of her strikes knockback her opponents and leave them twitching in electricity-induced convulsions. In addition she has a Storm Wall spell with the same 2 elemental effects which she has yet to use because of the rather severe drain but which promises to be rather epic when used in the right situation.

1) Both of those spirits would have to be Ally Spirits or Free Spirits.
2) The aura on your armor is restricted to your armor. An attack with a melee weapon (read: not fists) would not contribute your armor's aura onto it.

EDIT: One of my newest favorite weapons:

The Murdercycle
Harley Davidson Scorpion [-, 12,000]
[1 Slot] Armor 16 [6R, 3,200]
[2 Slots] Personal Protection 6 [12, 12,000]
[1 Slot] Ram Plate [6R, 2,500]
[1 Slot] Rigger Adaptation [4, 2,500]
[1 Slot] Rigger Coccoon (Basic) [8, 1,500]
Av: 12R
Cost: 33,700
Notes: +29 dice to resist ramming damage. As long as you have at least a 4 Body or a 3 Body with 2 points of Impact armor on your own, you can buy all the successes required to soak the damage you will receive on a ram (at max speed). The target, on the other hand, needs to figure out how to deal with 24P, -1/2 Impact.
crash2029
I enjoy using the customization rules to create sometimes over the top weaponry. Sometimes the weapons I create don't exactly follow RAW, but what the hell. Some examples:

Fully automatic drum-loading crossbow -check
Telescoping stun-staff -check
Trick Arrows (ala Green Arrow) -check
Streetline Special sticky grenade -check
Fully-automatic Tiffani Needler -check
Beretta SMG modified into a 207x version of a Thompson -check
Batarangs -check
Exploding shuriken -check
Taser-bolos -check
Lightsabre (magical, but useable by mundanes) -check
Fully-automatic pistol-sized grenade launcher -check
Machine Pistol from Hell (heavily modified Fichetti Executive Action) -check
Silenced nearly recoilless assault rifle -check
The Oh, Hell No! (heavily modified Enfield AS-7) -check
Ophis
Most of these are for major NPCs as I never get to play...

Zero (Gothic lolita gene-samurai)- Pair pistols usually Ares Pred IV. Looking out for some Ruger Thunderbolts.

Calico (sex kitten wiccan) - If I need to use a weapon it's all gone wrong. Okay the Orgasm spell.

Jungle Girl (mexican merc/gun runner) - Gauss Gun for heavy stuff, hand modded LMG for crowd control.

Broken Tusk (Ork Rigger) - Jungle Girl's Gauss Gun.

McCummhail
Melee + any elemental effect!
Shoryuken! Flash Kick! Psycho Crusher! Lightning Kick!

Hakka: Ingram Smartgun X - easy enough to acquire, packs a punch, features already included.

Ignatius: Super Squirt w/ Holy Water for special occasions (which never came up) and a Fubuki with all 4 barrels loaded with SnS for when he was really cross.
Khyron
Kal: AK-98. Because every shot he's ever fired has been a guaranteed killshot. Can't say the same for those Ares Alphas. (Just weird dice luck with AK's)
Lugburz
Nano-forged clear glass throwing knives. They're dirt cheap, nigh-invisible on your person and in the air, completely silent, have no muzzle flash, and I can use my palming to draw them surreptitiously.

Airfoil grenades are handy as well. Also- once I also threw a Cougar Fineblade into a limousine, and lost it. Some mechanic probably found it later, lodged in the engine block. Good times!

But standard throwing knives are still my favourite. I may eventually try frangible explosive throwing knives, although the mere thought of it makes me cringe.
Lindt
Lindt: SuperMach 100s. With the big clip. And some kind of loud ammo. And preferably 2 of them.

Beyond that, I seem to have most of my PCs who use guns either with Savalette Guardians. Fairly inexpensive, middle of the range conceal, and can hit like a mule (12S) on a complex action. Though the Styer AUG-CSL carbine rifle is amazingly badass. 7S SA/BF rifle? Any gun that can toss off 2 10D shots per round is a player killer.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Lugbûrz @ Feb 3 2010, 12:18 AM) *
Nano-forged clear glass throwing knives. They're dirt cheap, nigh-invisible on your person and in the air, completely silent, have no muzzle flash, and I can use my palming to draw them surreptitiously.

Airfoil grenades are handy as well. Also- once I also threw a Cougar Fineblade into a limousine, and lost it. Some mechanic probably found it later, lodged in the engine block. Good times!

But standard throwing knives are still my favourite. I may eventually try frangible explosive throwing knives, although the mere thought of it makes me cringe.

Use explosive throwing knives with a timer that activates upon hitting something with the blade.
Have it say:"I'm a 10 second bomb!" and have it explode after 3 seconds
Frosty Medic
Frosty always preferred his Colt Manhunter. Reliable, good power, not too difficult to conceal, and easy to find. Sometimes he'd put a laser sight on it, sometimes not. When things got heavy, there was the Remington 990.
Neraph
Super Squirt with Pepper Punch. Cheap, street legal, 7 stun damage, and street legal. Alternatively, a Super Squirt with KE IV. Also cheap, street legal, 8P Acid damage, street legal, lethal, and street legal.

Also, both Pepper Punch and KE IV can be put into gas grenades, and remain street legal.
Blackb1rd
The HK PSG Enforcer. One of the Sniper's listed in arsenal. The ability too switch between two preloaded clips with a free action, money. Also it comes with an imaging scope and a bipod, best deal for the money and packs a powerful punch.
crizh
Double Barrel

FN P93 Praetor x2

[ Spoiler ]

The Smartlink, Chameleon Coating and Target Designators are all unnecessary icing. With a gyro in each cyberarm and Str 14 he can put a massive amount of lead down-range and engage many more targets per combat turn than is possible with just one normal weapon.

His back-up weapon is

Enfield GL-67 Grenade Launcher

[ Spoiler ]

That's filled with Thermal Smoke, Flashbangs and Splash Grenades. The Splash Grenades are filled with DMSO and Slab for added lulz.
Quint
I just started playing (I'll try to search for my answers before I clog your forums with newbie questions wink.gif ), and I'm the only weapons-man on the team, but the drone rigger brings plenty of firepower.

Quint, my dwarven gun-nut packs:

x2 Savalette Guardians in concealed holsters in his armored vest

a SPAS-22

and a Desert Strike sniper rifle with added smartlink for distance.

He also took the Restricted Gear quality that allows an availability 20 item to start, so he has a shotgun in his cyberarm in case Johnson gets twitchy.

Having a lot of fun!
Daylen
wet noodle
bottle of astroglide
rubber glove
Udoshi
I've developed a healthy respect for a FN 5-7C with a Gas-Vent 3, Personalized Grip, modded to FA, and loaded with stick and shocks. Its fairly inexpensive for what it does - punking spirits with Ap-Half long bursts with RC5. And everyone else, too.
Faraday
Favorite gun for *very* discrete work: Ares Viper with chameleon coating, easy breakdown (manual), electronic firing, ceramic components III (no metal to be found), top-mounted smartgun system, and an underbarrel foregrip.
Quiet, incredibly easy to hide, completely invisible to MAD when combined with Hi-c ammo, and absolutely DEADLY on unarmored targets, which is the whole idea. 24k:nuyen: and availability 20 though.

Favorite pedestrian gun: Yamaha Pulsar. 0 availability and a price tag of 150:nuyen: means I use these like derringers. Keep half a dozen or so under your coat and you can take down a lot of unpleasant folks no sweat.

Favorite heavy duty bullet spammer: Ingram White Knight, it's all about the gas-vent 5. This is great for putting on just about any drone with more than 1 body (my GM has drones deal with recoil, they get RC=bod). 3-4 body allows for an under-barrel grenade launcher. This really shines when combined with an ammo bin, allowing for up to THIRTY FIVE initiative passes of uninterrupted full-auto bursts.
Space Ghost
Gyro: Two Steyr TMPs loaded with stick-and-shock. So far, this "spirit repellent" has the most reliable way for my mundane character to deal with spirits.
kjones
It's interesting that nobody here has listed any kind of assault cannon. I mean, it makes sense - how many jobs really require that much firepower? - but I would think that there would be someone out there of the "more dakka" philosophy.
Draco18s
QUOTE (kjones @ Feb 16 2010, 09:56 AM) *
It's interesting that nobody here has listed any kind of assault cannon. I mean, it makes sense - how many jobs really require that much firepower? - but I would think that there would be someone out there of the "more dakka" philosophy.

I've always gone with "as much dakka as I can reliably control." I suspect most players/characters are like that.

No point in filling the room with lead if you're not hitting anything.
Neraph
I absolutely love the Ares Thunderstruck Gauss Cannon. The only thing is that I've never had the opportunity to own it, let alone use it.
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 16 2010, 12:43 PM) *
I absolutely love the Ares Thunderstruck Gauss Cannon. The only thing is that I've never had the opportunity to own it, let alone use it.

My group recently.... drew out a heavy response team just to get ahold of one, it makes the rigger quite happy to have the thing mounted on his favorite drone...
Neraph
Chimeric critter:
[ Spoiler ]

This critter does not naturally have combat training or an unarmed skill, but due to its super-low cost, both of those problems can be easily rectified.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012