Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Angelone
HOORAH!
Tyro
One last time! HIP HIP...
Brazilian_Shinobi
HOORAH!
JongWK
Peru in 2064, written by José "Pepe" Barbe (Philomitus) and Hugo Medina (Heianpe). Thank you guys!

Feel free to use for non-commercial purposes.
Angelone
love.gif Think we should give JongWK three cheers as well.

Hip hip...
fexes
HOORAH!
fexes
http://www.fexes.de/downloads/SoLA_raw-layout_v1-03.pdf

Did some graphic art and the chapter of Peru. I hope you like the header (I'm not an illustrator). The cover art is just for fun. smile.gif
Tyro
QUOTE (Angelone @ May 24 2010, 02:34 AM) *

Hip hip...

HUZZAH!
Ryu
QUOTE (Angelone @ May 24 2010, 11:34 AM) *

Hip hip...

HORRAH!
Angelone
<3 you guys I wasn't paying attention most of the day (was watching a Venture Bros. marathon) and you picked up the slack. Thank you.
MJBurrage
Shadows of Latin America 2072 (originally written for the Sixth World Almanac):
    Note that none of this material may be used for any commercial purpose without permission from the authors.
  • Amazonia – written and posted by Robert Derie, based in part on work by Antonio Pucci & Peter Taylor.
  • Aztlan – written and posted by Robert Derie, based in part on work by Jason Levine.
  • Caribbean League – written and posted by Robert Derie, based in part on work by Jason Levine.
  • Peru – written and posted by Robert Derie, based in part on work by José Fernando Barbe & Hugo Medina.
Many, many, many thanks smile.gif
Wish it was under happier circumstances.

Edit: changed crediting at 21:15, 3 June 2010
Ancient History
For clarification: it was more than just ideas. I primarily based those drafts on the final SOLA drafts for those countries, adapted for the timeline, the needs of the project and my own little touches. At the time it was another effort to tie SoLA into the current material and keep it relevant, in the hope that SOLA might eventually get released. (My own contributions to SOLA were extremely modest compared to Jay, Syn, and JW.)
MJBurrage
AH, thanks again. I updated the credit in my posts to use the wording from the drafts.
Snow_Fox
in other words this stuff WAS cannonical until AH withdrew themadd to that AH's attention to detail and, well. connect the dots.
Nath
Nothing is really canonical until printed for good. Shadowrun publishing history is full of working drafts, cut and edited contents, thought most of it was dropped in less conflictive situation than the current one.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Synner @ May 23 2010, 07:31 PM) *
As lead developer on SoLA before it was pulled by FanPro I have all the final drafts in my possession. I even have edited drafts. However, I will not be releasing any drafts without the approval of the original authors (and in the case of edited drafts, the editor involved). We're almost there though, so expect more soon.

Any news?
JongWK
Crime in Latin America available for download now. Like the previous files, feel free to use for non-commercial purposes.

Merry Christmas, and don't forget the fruitcake. cyber.gif
CanRay
Hey, you have to hire Shadowrunners to deliver Fruitcake in the mid-21st century.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (CanRay @ Dec 15 2010, 11:19 PM) *
Hey, you have to hire Shadowrunners to deliver Fruitcake in the mid-21st century.

Only when you are a Great Dragon playing a game of tag with another Great Dragon.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Dec 15 2010, 10:08 PM) *
Only when you are a Great Dragon playing a game of tag with another Great Dragon.
I played that module way back in 1st or 2nd edition. I think it was an RPGA thing.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Dec 16 2010, 04:08 AM) *

That thing must be fossilized by now. Btw, did lofwyr keep it?
hermit
Of course he did. Dragons are messies. That's why their lairs smell so bad.

Also: thanks for the file. Another piece of SoLA finally sees the light.
JongWK
QUOTE (hermit @ Dec 16 2010, 11:27 AM) *
Also: thanks for the file. Another piece of SoLA finally sees the light.

You are welcome.

I'd forgotten about releasing my Crime section. It's part of a bigger chapter that also includes corporations and surviving in the green hell, but those two were written by other people. Never say never, though...
MJBurrage
JongWK

Thank you again for posting this, I have updated my links to include it.
JongWK
Great. I'll see what can be done about the other files.
fexes
Map of Amazonia 2064
hermit
Useful map is useful. Many thanks! Mind if we use it as reference material for our War! supplement?
fexes
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 11 2011, 10:41 AM) *
Useful map is useful. Many thanks! Mind if we use it as reference material for our War! supplement?

if you need maps for your War! supplement, just let me know. I could modify my maps.
hermit
Awesome. Yes, we totally need maps. War!'s lack of maps is almost worse than anything else about it. We'll be getting our own subforum soon (fingers crossed), untiel then, you can find the relevant discussions here.

Also, do you have a detail map of Maracaibo? If not, has it been decided for SoLA whether or not Aztlan also kept the parts of the city on the eastern shore of the Maracaibo Lake's shore?
fexes
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 11 2011, 11:44 AM) *
Awesome. Yes, we totally need maps. War!'s lack of maps is almost worse than anything else about it. We'll be getting our own subforum soon (fingers crossed), untiel then, you can find the relevant discussions here.

Also, do you have a detail map of Maracaibo? If not, has it been decided for SoLA whether or not Aztlan also kept the parts of the city on the eastern shore of the Maracaibo Lake's shore?

I don't have a detail map of Maracaibo, but if you send me a scribble i could try to construct one. As far as i know, Maracaibo is part of Aztlan. But I can't find any information about Maracaibo in SoLa.
hermit
I made a (rather big) map of it from googlemaps and edited it some (it's still WIP). I find it doesn't really make sense for the purpose of Maracaibo to be a staging area of the war if they don't, but that's up for debate. My map is here.

The Aztech compound west of the airport (including air base) might see expansion, you can just draw up a bit of stuff there. Also, there's another teocalli downtown. Other than that, the eastern side is pretty vanilla. The western side is mostly amazonian uber jungle.
fexes
Update:

Map of Amazonia 2064
Map of Argentina 2064
Map of Aztlan 2064
fexes
The next one:

The Caribbean League
Demonseed Elite
That's awesome, fexes. Thanks!
fexes
And Bolivia.
Stahlseele
Maps. One of the things sorely missing from WAR! . . and pretty good ones too O.o
fexes
Map of Amazonia 2064
Map of Argentina 2064
Map of Aztlan 2064
Map of Bolivia
Map of The Caribbean League
Mag of Chile

To do:
Map of Ecuador
Map of Peru
Overview Latin America
Maybe some sepcial places
* Caracas
* The Dominican Territories
* Easter Islands
* French Guiana
* Nicaragua Canal
* Panama
* Uruguay
* Yucatan
* Paraguay
Stahlseele
did you post these in the alt.war parts too? O.o
or over on the gaming den alt.war thread? ^^
fexes
Map of Amazonia
Map of Argentina
Map of Aztlan
Map of Bolivia
Mag of Chile
Map of Peru

To do:
Map of Ecuador
Overview Latin America
* Caracas
* Easter Islands
* French Guiana
* Nicaragua Canal
* Panama
* Uruguay
* Yucatan
* Paraguay
Tyro
QUOTE (fexes @ Apr 14 2011, 01:40 PM) *
Map of Amazonia
Map of Argentina
Map of Aztlan
Map of Bolivia
Mag of Chile
Map of Peru

To do:
Map of Ecuador
Overview Latin America
* Caracas
* Easter Islands
* French Guiana
* Nicaragua Canal
* Panama
* Uruguay
* Yucatan
* Paraguay

Thank you!

Maybe there should be an alt.SOLA Community Projects thread.
Brazilian_Shinobi
Nice work!
Stahlseele
QUOTE (fexes @ Apr 14 2011, 10:40 PM) *
Map of Amazonia
Map of Argentina
Map of Aztlan
Map of Bolivia
Mag of Chile
Map of Peru

To do:
Map of Ecuador
Overview Latin America
* Caracas
* Easter Islands
* French Guiana
* Nicaragua Canal
* Panama
* Uruguay
* Yucatan
* Paraguay

looking good there ^^
fexes
Map of Ecuador

in progress:
Nicaragua Canal facelick.gif
Wesley Street
QUOTE (fexes @ Apr 14 2011, 03:40 PM) *

*cough* Umm... you misspelled CONFEDERATION of American States. Otherwise, nice work. biggrin.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Apr 15 2011, 04:14 PM) *
*cough* Umm... you misspelled CONFEDERATION of American States. Otherwise, nice work. biggrin.gif

Say-es yew!!! *Cocks Shotgun*
fexes
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Apr 15 2011, 11:14 PM) *

eek.gif aw.... thanx. Will be corrected today. Any other errors?
MJBurrage
There are some common mistakes on almost all the official maps published to date (Missouri line, North Virginia, South Florida) where the maps do not quite match the written details. Given the resolution the maps were originally drawn at, and that recent maps are clearly based more on the old maps than the written descriptions, the mistakes persist.

See Shadowrun Maps for detail. (the page is crude, since I just threw it together for this message. I had a better version on the Sixth World Wiki, but neglected to back it up.
lokii
Very nice maps. Lovely Flecktarn colours. Ah, what is it with South America and guerrilleros? wink.gif

QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 16 2011, 07:39 PM) *
There are some common mistakes on almost all the official maps published to date (Missouri line, North Virginia, South Florida) where the maps do not quite match the written details. Given the resolution the maps were originally drawn at, and that recent maps are clearly based more on the old maps than the written descriptions, the mistakes persist.
I have the key quotes (in English) on my Shadowhelix construction page for the UCAS. I wasn't aware of the problem with South Florida though, can you give a reference or the quote that describes the border?
MJBurrage
  • Tallahassee dropped South Florida and essentially built an "orange curtain" across West Palm Beach to the Keys. (Cyberpirates! p.30)
  • Miami's the real life of Florida, but there are other ports like Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Hialeah and Boca Raton. When South Florida joined joined the Carib. it tried to take the governments of a couple of counties, paste them together and call it a legislature so it could spread the wealth around, but with half of its million residents crowded into Miami and Hialeah, they got the power and have been "revitalizing" ever since. (Cyberpirates! p.36)
  • The Atlantean Foundation in Boca Raton, South Florida. (Cyberpirates! p.44)
  • North American maps show the city of West Palm Beach still in CAS.
From the above I drew a line dividing coastal Palm Beach County, with West Palm Beach north of the line and Boca Raton south of it. Once the line hits the western edge of the metroplex, it turns south until it gets to the northern edge of Miami-Dade County. It then turns west again as shown on most maps.

P.S. I retrieved a copy of the related Sixth World Wiki entry on South Florida from the Internet archive, and recreated it as South Florida at the Shadowrun Wikia.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 17 2011, 10:42 PM) *
  • Tallahassee dropped South Florida and essentially built an "orange curtain" across West Palm Beach to the Keys. (Cyberpirates! p.30)
  • Miami's the real life of Florida, but there are other ports like Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Hialeah and Boca Raton. When South Florida joined joined the Carib. it tried to take the governments of a couple of counties, paste them together and call it a legislature so it could spread the wealth around, but with half of its million residents crowded into Miami and Hialeah, they got the power and have been "revitalizing" ever since. (Cyberpirates! p.36)
  • The Atlantean Foundation in Boca Raton, South Florida. (Cyberpirates! p.44)
  • North American maps show the city of West Palm Beach still in CAS.
From the above I drew a line dividing coastal Palm Beach County, with West Palm Beach north of the line and Boca Raton south of it. Once the line hits the western edge of the metroplex, it turns south until it gets to the northern edge of Miami-Dade County. It then turns west again as shown on most maps.

P.S. I retrieved a copy of the related Sixth World Wiki entry on South Florida from the Internet archive, and recreated it as South Florida at the Shadowrun Wikia.

Nice to know. Especially since I do not have Cyberpirates. Thanks... wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012