Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadows of Latin America?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Snow_Fox
Just bringing up something that small is called a reson to celebrate? They'll never get the hull up. The Spee was a warship meaning it had redunadnate and reinforced bulkheads. It suffered relatively little damage from the battle and the scuttling charges took out the bottom so the bulk of the frame is in good condition.

I don't know about smugglers, I was thinking more paranormal. The captain Langsdorf committed suicide after the ship went down. blaming himself for the men he lost in the battle. there is a photo of him at the state funeral for the dead, Everyone around him is giving the Nazi Salute, he's giving a military one, he sounds out in the crowd.

Langsdorf spent 3 months raiding British and French ships in the South Atlantic and Indian oceans. Suppose there was something that he took form a ship that was never recovered, and now lingering on a ship that might or might not be haunted, but the ghosts of crew, of victims, of some lost pirate from the older ages who see's this as a modern pirate...
JongWK
Just bringing up something that small is called a reson to celebrate? They'll never get the hull up.

One of the reasons they went for the telemeter is that it was SOTA technology for its time.

The bronze eagle has been controversial since it was salvaged, understandably.

Photo gallery here, including one of the sunken ship.
Snow_Fox
oh thank you. I'd seen the pic of the smoking ruin but had never seen the one of her on the bottom. That gives so many ideas. Breaking it up would be a stone bitch. I mean it's an armored warship. it was desgined not to be easily broken and scraping ship like that takes place in specially designed yards where they can exploit weaknesses, sitting on the bottom of the sea is gonig to resist a lot of that.

Ironic it's a hazard to navigation- I mena that's why the British attacked it in 1939-it was a hazard to shipping then too. Now it's just less mobile. It's probably one of the few WW2 ship wrecks that can't be declared a war grave site.

I suppose "iron bottom sound" in the solomons is much the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012