pbangarth
Let's get the ball rolling!

DATE, TIME AND LOCATION

speech

<<digital communication>>

thoughts

commlink verbal
ravensoracle
I'll get my post up first thing in the morning. It's been a very long day. I'll also have a small shopping list to send to Twist for stuff I couldn't afford.
Karoline
QUOTE (ravensoracle @ Jan 29 2010, 12:26 AM) *
I'll get my post up first thing in the morning. It's been a very long day. I'll also have a small shopping list to send to Twist for stuff I couldn't afford.

Same, minus Twist and times three wink.gif

12 hours of strait classes followed by sleep followed by 10 hours of strait classes hurts. Physically.
ravensoracle
Here is the shopping list I am sending to Twist.

Ares Crusader
W/ Extreme Environment Mod (Polar)
W/ Smartgun
3 Clips Regular Ammo (120 Rds)
3 Clips Stick-n-Shock (120 Rds)
Concealable Holster

Contacts R3
w/ Image Link
w/ Smartlink
w/ Thermographic
ravensoracle
OK since the game has taken a short pause I figured I'll ask.

How much are the PCs allowed to move forward the plot? Are you waiting for us to the to the meet?
pbangarth
Sorry, my fault, I've been away from my computer a lot the last few days. I do appreciate players moving the plot along when it seems appropriate. I will get something up today.
pbangarth
I will try to keep posts in line chronologically by the date/time stamp. If I answer someone's post at time X, and you still have something to do at time X-1, as long as you stamp it correctly, I should be able to handle it. Once the team has moved on, we can't go back and add/fix/retract etc.
pbangarth
Once Vixen gets the full name, Félix Monague, she realizes she has heard of him through the community. He doesn't live all that far from her, actually, though they have never dealt or met. Yeah, he's a big man in the community. Fair, but don't mess with him. There have been 'disappearances'.
ravensoracle
OK I know I posted a couple hours earlier but I was suppose to be there at 1800 and between me checking for pbangarth's reply last night and this morning there were several posts.
pbangarth
No problem, ravensoracle. Yet again the GM is confused. The job call said 18:00 for JD, and 20:00 (as in 8pm.) for everybody else. I meant 20:00. Nobody is late. Continue, and have fun.
pbangarth
I've started a Northern Gateway campaign on InvisibleCastle. Any time a roll needs to be recorded, let's use that.
ravensoracle
I'll edit my time stamp.
pbangarth
Don't worry, ravensoracle, I built some fun into the day with the time difference.
ravensoracle
It's been 3 days since any posts here so I hate to ask but is this game already on deaths door. I would hate to see that. I really am interested in seeing a game get going. This one in particular. I have seen both Karoline and Trigger on here posting so I am curious if we're still on. This is the third game I've gotten in on here where people start it and then move on to other projects on this site. Sorry for the rant but it gets really annoying to put work in on something and then have someone say they are wanting to participate only to blow it off after it just gets started.

Sorry for the rant but it is getting to be a staple of some of the people playing here.
Trigger
Sorry, I should have an IC post up sometime today. The weekend was busy and hectic, Superbowl and all that.
ravensoracle
I am sorry about that post. After reading it I see that it looks like I am calling people out when I have no intention of doing that. I should not have posted when I was angry at something else RL. The fact that the last few games I have been in dying have just annoyed me and I vented other anger through it. Sorry
pbangarth
I certainly don't want this game to die, either!

My posts will come in bursts. It sometimes will take a day or two for me to respond. Many GMs promise a major post every week. I will aim for that plus whatever more I can fit in.
Karoline
Sorry, but Longshot isn't going to enter till 20 minutes before the meet is supposed to happen, and I didn't want to create a time warp by entering before the little scene is done (Or did I miss it wrapping up?)
pbangarth
Nope, not wrapped yet, but it is a preliminary scene that is coincidental to the meet. Had you all come in 5 minutes before 8 pm., no 'foreplay' would have happened at the bar.
ravensoracle
Like I said earlier sorry for that post. You guys had to here my rant during a really bad manic episode. It was uncalled for and I was being unduly impatient. Don't take my post seriously, I was a little off at the time to put it mildly.
pbangarth
ravensoracle, if you weren't 'a little off', you wouldn't be playing this game. Don't fret about it.
pbangarth
So, when all four get through the back door, I'll carry on with the description of what is on the other side.
Karoline
So, takes a long time to get through that door it seems....

Sorry about the delay, but getting hit with constant snow storms and blizzards has messed up my schedule. I've been spending alot of nights at a friends so that I could get to school when it wasn't canceled (Which it was rather often, which was annoying after I went through all the trouble to make sure I could get there), and so haven't had as much free time to check up on the forums and such lately. It looks like we're finally getting done with the winter weather, but we'll see. I'll be able to post regularly this weekend at least.

P.S.

I finally sent my laptop in to get fixed (Another part of the reason I haven't been on since I didn't have my own computer) and forgot to transfer over my SR stuff before I sent it. On the bright side I still have my books because I back things like that up in about 4 places, but don't have several of my character sheets. I couldn't find the thread where we posted our final sheets, did it get deleted or something already? Note, this is why I said 'mix of her native tongue' because I forgot how to spell her native language.
Karoline
Hmm... totally thought I was the one holding everything up, but Trigger doesn't seem to have done anything for 11 days. How long before we declare him MIA?

Could we perhaps do a bit of a time warp and start the meeting and if he shows back up we just pretend that he was always there, and if he never does then he never showed up at the bar maybe?
pbangarth
If Trigger doesn't show up soon, we might just do as you suggest and go ahead. If circumstances held him back and he shows up, then I can work him in.

I'll wait a day or so more, though. Old Wolf's magic input could be useful in the upcoming job. wink.gif
pbangarth
OK, later today I will advance the story. There will be opportunity for Trigger to catch up with Old Wolf. I will play the job meet as if there is nothing wrong, no one missing. Whatever financial negotiations transpire, I will try to do it by individuals, do Old Wolf's reentry won't cost the PCs already present.
ravensoracle
I am not finding the Northern Gateway Campaign on Invisible Castle. I am rolling with that as the campaign name.
pbangarth
That's the name. Anyway, I am seeing everyone's rolls, and the three of you who have rolled are all listed when I search for "Northern Gateway", so everything is fine.

I find it ominous that when I followed all three of your links to see the rolls, the ad at the right side was for crushing and grinding equipment.
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 24 2010, 12:08 PM) *
That's the name. Anyway, I am seeing everyone's rolls, and the three of you who have rolled are all listed when I search for "Northern Gateway", so everything is fine.

I find it ominous that when I followed all three of your links to see the rolls, the ad at the right side was for crushing and grinding equipment.

Well, Given that I got only 3 hits on 16 dice and Foxx glitched and Raven didn't really do that spectacularly on his roll... It really isn't the best of starts.

On the other hand, we're getting our bad rolls out of the way early when our lives (hopefully) don't depend on them.
Trigger
Sorry I have been away for so long guys, I had emergency work and family issues that pulled me away from home and the internet. But I am back now smile.gif sorry for any problems.
Karoline
QUOTE (Trigger @ Feb 24 2010, 06:11 PM) *

Psst! Visual perception test, not audio. Guessing you have the visual equivalent too though.
ravensoracle
I'm think we need to give Foxx a chance to post before we accept. She is the Face after all, maybe she can negotiate a better deal.
Foxx
i work nights, so I sleep during the day time hours, but I can still post a little at work. Will be posting very soon.
ravensoracle
I'm wanting to make a couple knowledge rolls about the geography of the region and if I have any idea what may be responisble critter-wise but I don't have my sheet handy. I'm away from my normal comp. I will post them later tonight.
pbangarth
Forest, lakes, forest, rivers, forest, swamp... and forest. Next to non-existent road net. Anything too heavy for air traffic is moved by water, or winter ice roads. Any northern creature or paracreature is possible. Most likely are ungulate prey and canid predators. Bears too. And beavers.
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 25 2010, 07:39 PM) *
And beavers.

Most likely culprit. Fish are tricky.
ravensoracle
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 25 2010, 06:39 PM) *
And beavers.

Well we are at a bar called the Randy Beaver. Foreshadowing maybe? rotfl.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (ravensoracle @ Feb 25 2010, 08:06 PM) *
Well we are at a bar called the Randy Beaver. Foreshadowing maybe? rotfl.gif
For centuries, beaver has never been far from a Canadian boy's mind.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 26 2010, 12:26 AM) *
For centuries, beaver has never been far from a Canadian boy's mind.

Too true. Speaking of Canadian beaver...
pbangarth
Unless more prep stuff / role play happens, I will advance the story to the next morning by Friday.
pbangarth
Just to clear up a point, the plane is a Toyota TX13 float plane, and will be at the air dock, not the airport.
ravensoracle
I'm ready to head to the plane. I can't wait to get the get into the action.
Karoline
Should get an IC post up tonight (less likely) or tomorrow (more likely) Studying for two tests, writing a report, and have a game tonight.
ravensoracle
Looks like we got ourselves a new recruit. Welcome.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Karoline @ Mar 5 2010, 05:11 AM) *
Should get an IC post up tonight (less likely) or tomorrow (more likely) Studying for two tests, writing a report, and have a game tonight.
Get your priorities straight, lady!
Karoline
So, while I had a bit of free time I was looking around for a picture for Longshot, because I had one so firmly in my mind that I'm fairly sure I've seen it before, but the best I could find was this which doesn't look like her, but the gear is a very good idea of what she has. Throw on a backpack, cover the face, more feminine figure (As well as can be told under such bulky clothing) and there you have it.
pbangarth
Once Old Wolf shows up at the dock we can progress the story.
Critias
Gonna be out of town until Monday, but my wife assures me we'll have internet access (staying with family, not in a hotel or anything), so it shouldn't disrupt posting at all.
pbangarth
Always believe your wife.
pbangarth
I understand Trigger's work keeps him away during the week, so his posts will come mostly on the weekends. If I can move things along during the week in a way that doesn't step on Old Wolf's toes, I will do so. I will try to post major action events in such a way as to minimize wait times. We'll see how that works.

There will be times that I am called away too, and I hope I will be able to give folks warning ahead of time so you don't think I am dumping you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012