Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC Northern Gateway
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
pbangarth
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 12 2010, 02:24 PM) *
New Liskeard Air Dock 08:05

[OOC: all PCs make a visual Perception Test, Awakened get +2]

This means Chase, too. And Longshot, and Old Wolf.
pbangarth
What I might do soon is move things along. get everyone on the plane and flying. Hope this doesn't bother anyone.
Foxx
no bother to me.
ravensoracle
No bother here. I was just passing time.
ravensoracle
Do we need to make another or is this the same perception test?
pbangarth
New roll.
pbangarth
Holy crap! 7 and 8 dice, and you guys are getting 4 and 5 hits! Get those rolls out of the way, now!
ravensoracle
Just wait till you seee me hunt something nasty with my bug-killer ammunition. devil.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (ravensoracle @ Mar 14 2010, 02:30 PM) *
Just wait till you seee me hunt something nasty with my bug-killer ammunition. devil.gif

Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Well, you just wait!
Critias
Sorry about that delay, I didn't expect the connection to be that miserable at my sister-in-law's place -- it was seriously taking two and three minutes to get a single page to load.

We visited some grad schools, dropped off a few applications and had an interview or do, did some house hunting (and bought our first!), but we're back home now and I'll be on line quite a bit more often.
pbangarth
OK, ravensoracle, proceed from the results of your Perception Test.
ravensoracle
I'll have a post up tonight, I'm still trying to figure out how to handle it.
ravensoracle
Sorry got distracted by issues in RL, If your part of my game I posted what's going on there. I'll get a post up.
Critias
pbangarth -- not sure what I can do, here. I'm still pretty new to SR4, but even flipping through my rulebook I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I be rolling initiative, skipping straight to piloting actions, or what?

QUOTE (ravensoracle @ Mar 18 2010, 11:20 PM) *
Sorry got distracted by issues in RL, If your part of my game I posted what's going on there. I'll get a post up.

Sorry to hear/read about your buddy. Best of luck with all that.
pbangarth
Critias, don't worry about initiative, you are not in that mode... yet... because Chase was alert enough to see something funny going on. You may have Chase do whatever you think is appropriate, given that he has seen a potential problem below the plane. Realize that the plane is way faster than the birds.
ravensoracle
Quick note, I'll be out of town for the next two days. I'll try to catch up Sunday.
pbangarth
OK, where's everybody else?
pbangarth
Well, I'm having a great time playing with myself. Wait .... uhhh... by ... BY myself!
Foxx
we've been making the rolls only to have nothing result from them, what else do you want us to do?
pbangarth
OK, I should have been more specific, as I have been waiting for the entire team to do the rolls. Some of you are on top of things. Sorry Foxx.

EDIT: Earlier rolls to which I did not reply did not garner any information. Those who learned something got a PM. That way they could share whatever they wanted to share.
Critias
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 22 2010, 05:46 PM) *
Well, I'm having a great time playing with myself. Wait .... uhhh... by ... BY myself!

If there's something else I'm supposed to be doing, just lemme know.
pbangarth
No, Critias, you're fine, just as Foxx is. I'm waiting for others to catch up. If nothing comes today from the others, then I will carry on with you two.
ravensoracle
I'm back sorry the last few days have been hard on me. I'll have a post up tonight.
pbangarth
I hope things are better for you now, ravensoracle. I've been in that boat myself.

Let's say that whoever between Vixen and JD is available to act first, acts first. If that action resolves the issue I have in mind, we will move along.
pbangarth
OK, so everybody is in Attawapiskat. You are free to follow your noses/instructions, whatever. Chase can point you to the mining company offices in town, where your contact, James Billman, has an office.
Critias
No real point to my posts -- Chase's work is (momentarily) done -- but I wanted to give the threads a little bump, just for fun.
pbangarth
I'm assuming Easter is sucking away all the players. Hmm.... there's a premise for a movie!
Critias
I'm around...just a little superfluous, is all. wink.gif
pbangarth
I know Foxx is floating around. I don't know about the others. This may turn into a two person run!
Foxx
Don't know what happen to them, they all pretty much stop posting the first two weeks or so of march.
pbangarth
If it's OK with you two, Foxx and Critias, we can continue with the two of you, and if the rest show up, we can assume they were along for the ride. I'd like to get the ball rolling again.
Critias
Do whatever you wanna do, boss. I'm just along for the ride. Or, well, along to gives rides, technically, but that's not how the saying goes. wink.gif
pbangarth
Well, you may get promoted, if there is only the two of you.
pbangarth
Alright, the two of you, Foxx (Vixen) and Critias (Chase), carry the game forward for now. I don't know what else to do. The rest will catch up later, I hope.
Foxx
alright, let me think of what I want to do.
pbangarth
Alright.

I have a dissertation to finish and a conference paper to present at the end of April. So let's take a hiatus till May 3rd when I return, and we can start afresh. Maybe by then whatever is drawing some players away will be dealt with. Here's hoping.
Critias
Good luck with your dissertation, buddy. I'm just starting grad school next semester, myself -- best of luck!
Foxx
Alright, be looking for ya. frown.gif
Karoline
Hey all, just wanted to finally pop on and announce that I do still live. Expect to see this post right here alot as I'll be putting it on the various games I was in.

First I want to apologize for my absence. I vanished without warning, and I really could have given at least some warning. The problem was that I was spending way too much time on DS and reading SR4 books and such when I should have been doing school work. I hadn't originally intended to be gone for long, planning to just skip out for a couple days so I could get caught up on school work. Then all the snow storms hit and I couldn't get on at all, and then when the storms finally passed, all the teachers doubled work loads (and I was already taking 17 hours, 4 of which were lab hours). Anyway, it wasn't long before my couple days had turned into more like a month, and at that point I figured everyone had counted me dropped, and I didn't want to temp myself by getting on again.

So now, after I don't even remember how many months, I'm finally plucking up the courage to show my face again (No really, I have a problem with that. My brain says everyone will forgive, but I still feel like everyone will hate me for having vanished). Finals are just around the corner, so don't expect to see me around too much just yet, but after that I'm hoping that I'll finally settle into something that actually has a regular pattern and doesn't require me to do a ton of work outside of work.

Okay, hope I didn't ramble too much. Good to see everyone again.
Foxx
alls forgiven, welcome back. Hope you do good on finals.
pbangarth
Just heard from ravensoracle. He is ill, but healing and hopes to back with us soon. He says take over his character and play him as an NPC till he returns. So, next week when I return, let's dive into the wilds of James Bay.
Critias
I'm still around, but availability will ebb and flow over the next few weeks. This week's my last week of undergraduate courses, next week is finals, and the week after that my wife and I are moving to Texas (about a thousand miles away), so we're...a little hectic right now.

That said, when things are hectic, I do my very best to make time to blow off steam, by making sure I can sneak in a video game, some time on the forums, or whatever. So it shouldn't be too horrible an issue. Raven, Karoline, good to see y'all back.
Foxx
*Kills time by making time with the pilot.* wink.gif
Dr.Rockso
*poke* This thing dead? I was enjoying seeing where the story was going frown.gif
pbangarth
Illness and change of address are holding a couple of players up. Hopefully things will return to normal soon.
Critias
I'm still around, for the record. There's just not a lot for my character to do (since he's a half-NPC, anyhow). Sorry I can't be more help.
Foxx
I also kinda find myself at a lost being the only full time player in play. Twas expecting to be playing on a team and not going solo that kinda changes perspective on things immensely.
pbangarth
I do believe folks will join back in sometime soon. If not, I may have to advertise for a couple of new players.
pbangarth
Internet access spotty for next two days.
Critias
If it'd help any, it wouldn't take HUGE tweaks to Chase (personality and description wise, at least) to make him a little more of a gunslinger and a little less of a pure driver/rigger, to maybe be a bit handier all-around (and made more of a "full time" team member).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012