Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC Northern Gateway
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
pbangarth
I'm making the stories up as I go, Critias. It's my job to fit the game to the players I have. If you like Chase the way he is, leave him that way and I will accommodate. And as Karma flows, you can tweak him then.
pbangarth
If you can get a hold of it, read "Through Black Spruce", by Joseph Boyden. Not only is it an amazing story, but it gives a great feel for life in the bush in the James Bay area.
Karoline
Hey, okay, so, as I said a while ago, I'm back on the forums and such, but have been staying away from this part of it as I know this is where I tend to over stretch myself. After all, I can always not worry about stuff in the main section for the most part if I want.

Anyway, what I'm saying, is I think I'm ready to jump back in here if the game hasn't gone totally past me being able to work myself back in. On the bright side Longshot isn't very sociable, so some stuff could likely be explained by her just being kind of in the background. I'll take some time tomorrow to catch back up and see if I can jump in, maybe I we'll get a bit of momentum.
pbangarth
Welcome back, and dive right in!
Karoline
Alright, all nice and caught up. Heading out for lunch at the moment, and will finally get a post up when I get back.
pbangarth
So, is anyone looking for lodging, or do you want to go to the contact first?
Karoline
I vote contact first.
Dr.Rockso
You still accepting applications? I'm coming into some free time and would like to try my hand at a PbP game.
pbangarth
Dr. Rockso, two of the four main players have kept contact, the other two have disappeared, and the one peripheral player is willing to step in, so I think one 'new blood' is needed. Have a look at the campaign description and character directives at the start of the thread, and give me a character concept.
Karoline
Might want to mention which ones are the people missing so he knows what kind of character would be most helpful.

I'm still here, and I'm running mostly on sniping and wilderness survival.
pbangarth
Alright, actually, HERE is the thread in which the campaign is described and in which you can find the character descriptions for Vixen played by Foxx, and Longshot played by Karoline. Chase played by Critias is a bit of an unknown to the rest team, but he is a pilot for sure.
Critias
Still available, for the record. smile.gif
Karoline
Want to do a perception check to see if I notice anything odd about them (particularly if they have weapons), but I can't find my character sheet anywhere.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jul 20 2010, 03:14 PM) *
Want to do a perception check to see if I notice anything odd about them (particularly if they have weapons), but I can't find my character sheet anywhere.

Didn't you post it in the other thread? Or is that way out of date?
Karoline
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Jul 20 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Didn't you post it in the other thread? Or is that way out of date?

Don't remember which thread the other thread is. Shouldn't be out of date.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jul 20 2010, 03:44 PM) *
Don't remember which thread the other thread is. Shouldn't be out of date.

Ironically you posted in it earlier today nyahnyah.gif Page 5
Karoline
Ah, see, that was the problem, I was thinking that was this, so was going back through the older posts looking for it.
pbangarth
Just a note: this is 10:00 in the morning on Saturday, 1 October 2072.
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 20 2010, 05:02 PM) *
Just a note: this is 10:00 in the morning on Saturday, 1 October 2072.

Oh nyahnyah.gif
ravensoracle
Give me a few days and I'm back if you'll have me that is. Sorry for the long stint away. I was kinda denied computer access.
pbangarth
Yup, JD has been going along for the ride. Glad to have you take him back.
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 21 2010, 04:41 PM) *
Yup, JD has been going along for the ride. Glad to have you take him back.

Oh good, I thought I'd been going crazy with JD being your character.
pbangarth
Inside the box... outside the box... hell, right outside the asylum. Gimme thoughts on how to save this dying game. Am I doing something wrong?
Karoline
Provide nukes nyahnyah.gif

Not sure. Send PMs to the people in the games, post here. You could try recruiting new people. There isn't a ton you can do really. I've posted, you've posted. I suppose you could move us to the office and see if anyone bites.
Karoline
Hope there isn't a metal detector or anything on the front door smile.gif
pbangarth
Just because, I would like one of the players (rather than me playing JD) to actually address the receptionist, asking for the name of the contact, which I believe I gave to you way back.
Dr.Rockso
Hey Karoline, sent you a PM with my char sheet a couple days ago( re your offer to streamline it, etc). Had a chance to look at it? Or was my formatting illegible nyahnyah.gif
pbangarth
Dr. Rockso, I'd be kind of interested, too. smile.gif
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 18 2010, 12:06 PM) *
Dr. Rockso, I'd be kind of interested, too. smile.gif

But of course nyahnyah.gif Was going to post for all to see when I thought it was complete.
Karoline
Oh, sorry, was likely right before my long stretch of not being able to be on the forums and I forgot about it. Let me go through my PMs and pull it up.
pbangarth
OK, my computer died last night. Don't know when it will be back, as I am in need of a job right now. ONly access will be through places like the library. So, I am calling a hiatus on this thread for now. When I can be reliably on again, I will try one more time to get this thing alive again.
Karoline
Good luck with the job and fixing your computer.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 6 2010, 12:31 PM) *
OK, my computer died last night. Don't know when it will be back, as I am in need of a job right now. ONly access will be through places like the library. So, I am calling a hiatus on this thread for now. When I can be reliably on again, I will try one more time to get this thing alive again.

Sorry to hear that, hope you're up and running again soon.
Critias
Sorry, last I knew Chase was just kind of left behind with the plane (to be a semi-NPC wheelman), and wasn't with the group. I figured I'd get a PM or something when the GM needed him to play cab driver again. wink.gif

Do I need to go check the IC thread? On my way! smile.gif

EDIT: Shit, man, sorry about that. I'm always up for posting, I just thought I was back in semi-NPC limbo, so hadn't been in the habit of checking for blue.
pbangarth
At this point, every warm body is needed.
pbangarth
So Chase and JD are going up the stairs. Can I have a post from those still around whose PCs are also going in?
pbangarth
So, computer is back up and running, but guess who didn't backup his notes on the Northern Gateway Campaign. Sorry. Give me some time to redraw maps and regenerate NPCs.

Yes, the security in this establishment is a joke. People are missing yet you will get up the stairs and to the client's office no problem. You have to wonder.
Dr.Rockso
So is this thing off hiatus? If so I'll dust of the character I was working on and submit it.
pbangarth
Please do, Dr. Rockso, we are missing a few players. We are actually in a location where introducing a new PC is relatively easy. Submit your PC by PM, as I may want to talk with you about background to make the insertion of your character sensible to the team. Look at the missing persons as described early in the IC thread for some ideas for such a background.
pbangarth
OK, so I have two campaigns on the go… well, on the hobble. Each has lost a couple of players and one player is just starting a major campaign herself. These are the Northern Gateway Campaign and the Trans-global Ghost Cartels Campaign. Two campaigns with very different original directions and feel.

I propose to blend the two into one campaign in order to bring together enduring players in each so that we can actually play! The blend would have story elements from each, and the progression in each plot line may be stretched as we flip from one to the other. So, unless the players unanimously lobby for one or the other stream, we would have runs both in the wilds and in the urban jungle.

The players I believe are still active enough to carry on are:

Karoline (both)
Knight Saber (Trans-global)
Critias (Northern Gateway)

Potentials who indicated interest recently:
Dr. Rockso
kxU

I am cross-posting this in both DS threads. Let me know what you think.
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 3 2010, 10:00 AM) *
OK, so I have two campaigns on the go… well, on the hobble. Each has lost a couple of players and one player is just starting a major campaign herself. These are the Northern Gateway Campaign and the Trans-global Ghost Cartels Campaign. Two campaigns with very different original directions and feel.

I propose to blend the two into one campaign in order to bring together enduring players in each so that we can actually play! The blend would have story elements from each, and the progression in each plot line may be stretched as we flip from one to the other. So, unless the players unanimously lobby for one or the other stream, we would have runs both in the wilds and in the urban jungle.

The players I believe are still active enough to carry on are:

Karoline (both)
Knight Saber (Trans-global)
Critias (Northern Gateway)

Potentials who indicated interest recently:
Dr. Rockso
kxU

I am cross-posting this in both DS threads. Let me know what you think.

What's the Northern Gateway like, in short? Trans-Global has the runners run across a new drug hitting the streets and get caught up in jobs relating to the turmoil it causes among organized crime groups.
Karoline
Group of smugglers and survivalists gets hired to investigate the disappearance of higher ups from a mining company in northern Canada.
pbangarth
Yes, that's it in a nutshell for each. Trans-global has started out very urban, and Northern Gateway very woodsy. I see a potential synergy between the two that could take the players to some very freaky places.
Karoline
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 7 2010, 09:49 AM) *
Yes, that's it in a nutshell for each. Trans-global has started out very urban, and Northern Gateway very woodsy. I see a potential synergy between the two that could take the players to some very freaky places.

Central park in NYC? biggrin.gif
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 7 2010, 11:17 AM) *
Central park in NYC? biggrin.gif

Awakened hobos hunting awakened squirrels? This I gotta see!

pbangarth:I'm still interested. I'll have a complete character for you by the end of the week. For real, this time nyahnyah.gif Finally getting a handle on all this school-work and work-work.
Dr.Rockso
Also, some questions:

-I noticed Trans global started with 450 bp. Should we rebuild to reflect this?

-For total disclosure: I own and have read Ghost Cartels. I'm confident I won't mix player and GM knowledge but thought you should know.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Oct 7 2010, 11:48 AM) *
-I noticed Trans global started with 450 bp. Should we rebuild to reflect this?
Good point. Let me think. OK, I've thought. Those who built 400 BP characters for Northern Gateway may add 50 BP as per the standard chargen and then add 15 karma some or all of which may be saved or spent as per SR4A improvement guidelines. No Initiations at this time.

-For total disclosure: I own and have read Ghost Cartels. I'm confident I won't mix player and GM knowledge but thought you should know.
No problem. I trust you, and I'll throw in some Canadian Content to screw things up. grinbig.gif

I'm going to start a new thread so I don't have to keep cross-posting. I'm thinking, "Trans-global Gateway to the Northern Ghost Cartels."
Dr.Rockso
Couple more questions: is everyone playing the same character? Knight's Lamia and Karoline's Puppeteer pretty makes the char I came up with obsolete so I'd like to fill in gaps in the team. Karoline, will you be playing Puppeteer or Longshot? Or both?
pbangarth
I would prefer each player concentrate on one PC. The initial run will be a continuation of the Northern Gateway situation, as that team is in the middle of a run, whereas the Trans-global team is in between jobs. Karoline, if you have your heart set on Puppeteer, maybe we could switch after this run and apply the karma Longshot earned to Puppeteer.

I will GM-magi-mystically introduce Lamia at an appropriate point. (Not quite *pop* and there she is.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012