Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why I Love Dumpshock
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MindandPen
Here's the rules (yeah, this will last about 5 posts).

Start your post with:

Dumpshock is:

and then summarize it in one (humorous) sentence.

-M&P
MindandPen
Dumpshock is:

A party of shadowrunners that include a Lone Star Cop riding a Unicorn, a werewolf with questionable sexual preferences, a drop bear and the ADAM AI on a mission to see the Tiger Eyes Magic Belly Button Jewel.
Ancient History
Dumpshock is:

Seattle at 3 AM in a cold November rain after six straight hours of planning, in anticipation of six minutes of mayhem and chaos.
crash2029
Dumpshock is:

Ancient History's sig.

(Face it you fraggers, Dumpshock is a sub-divided, pain-wracked, schizophrenic, self-serving, epileptic, sado-masochist haven for the divinely warped.)
crash2029
Dumpshock is:

A sanity-blasting horror in text format.
Khyron
Dumpshock Is:

a black background with grey boxes and bright green highlights everywhere.
Ascalaphus
Dumpshock is:

Storming into a building, littering it with grenades, getting 15 hits on an Intimidation test, and then finding out your enemies haven't been there in half a year.
Draco18s
Dumpshock is a dude in a black trenchcoat sporting a pink Mohawk and mirrorshades.
Belvidere
Dumpshock Is:

A haven for those outcast from everyday life who delve into the depths of astral space and the matrix to perceive the world of the future owned by the AAA Corporations, and when the future gets fragged, it'll be the people of dumpshock who will know what to do.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Belvidere @ Apr 13 2010, 07:37 PM) *
and when the future gets fragged, it'll be the people of dumpshock who will know what to do.

Reminds me of a quote I heard on the radio, something to the effect of:

"When people hear about your book* they're either going to stick their fingers in their ears and go 'Lalalalala' or go down into their basement and oil their guns because the apocalypse is upon us."

*As I was leaving work, so I missed the title of the book, it was about the economy though.
tagz
Dumpshock is:
Really painful for your brain and you should really try to log out properly in the future.

Silly thing is, I think that bad pun works on a couple levels.
Saint Sithney
Dumpshock is a whirlwind of teeth that just wants to be friends.
Sticks
Nebis..... soreeee twirl.gif
Warlordtheft
Dumpshock is:

A bunch of threads that never stay on topic, explain everything, and describes nothing.
wind_in_the_stones
Dumpshock is:

A bunch of magicians arguing about whose tradition is best.
toturi
Dumpshock is:

My home on the internet and where I get my Shadowrun fix.
nemafow
Dumpshock is:

My home away from home! spin.gif
augmentin
Where Trollmen go to die.

OR

The world's largest online gathering of people who hate Loren L Coleman and yet will continue to make him richer because, hey, the product is that good.

OR

18,450 rabid, maladjusted Shadowrun fans with 55,350 opinions on any given subject.

OR

QUOTE (MindandPen @ Apr 13 2010, 05:44 PM) *
Dumpshock is:

A party of shadowrunners that include a Lone Star Cop riding a Unicorn, a werewolf with questionable sexual preferences, a drop bear and the ADAM AI on a mission to see the Tiger Eyes Magic Belly Button Jewel.

LOL - I'm not sure what could top that one.
Draco18s
QUOTE (augmentin @ Apr 13 2010, 10:12 PM) *
18,450 rabid, maladjusted Shadowrun fans with 55,350 opinions on any given subject.

"Ask 100 people for an opinion and receive 101 different answers."
Red-ROM
Dumpshock is:

The longest, slowest argument you will ever find yourself in
Draco18s
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Apr 13 2010, 10:15 PM) *
Dumpshock is:

The longest, slowest argument you will ever find yourself in

Nah. Only the second most painful.

The most was some religious nut who was claiming that he met a dragon in the Iraq desert who was a direct agent of the Christian god who's job was to eat sinners.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 13 2010, 09:23 PM) *

The most was some religious nut who was claiming that he met a dragon in the Iraq desert who was a direct agent of the Christian god who's job was to eat sinners.

Getting off topic a bit, as i feel obligated to do, I once talked to a guy who said he was a christian scientist and that the world used to be completely covered with trees surrounded by an ice shield. (No offense to Christian scientists) It took me an hour to slowly crawl out of that conversation.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Apr 13 2010, 10:30 PM) *
Getting off topic a bit, as i feel obligated to do, I once talked to a guy who said he was a christian scientist and that the world used to be completely covered with trees surrounded by an ice shield. (No offense to Christian scientists) It took me an hour to slowly crawl out of that conversation.

That's pretty bad, but I still think mine was worse, but attempting to explain would make me look like a nut job too.

Lets just say that he directly stated that all of the personal beliefs I have were blatantly wrong and that I would be on this Iraq dragon's "most wanted dishes" list because of them.* And the reason I held such beliefs were because I was trying to hide from the dragon.

Also, the guy is (supposedly) writing the dragon's memoir.

Took me a week or more to claw my way out of that flamewar.

*I'm (already) going to hell in a handbasket, but for different reasons.
The Monk
Dumpshock is:

Poets, scholars, and monkeys

Flinging poo.
MatrixJargon
Dumpshock Is: A list of ways to make newer more munchkiny characters
KnightIII
Dumpshock is: A 20 page thread where your players pick one reply and use it as gospel to defend their munchkin-ness.
Emy
Dumpshock is: a bunch of posters that deride 'munchkins', not realizing that optimization and roleplay are not mutually exclusive.
Fabe
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 13 2010, 10:23 PM) *

Sounds like a idea for a high level run.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Fabe @ Apr 13 2010, 11:56 PM) *
Sounds like a idea for a high level run.

Except the dragon doesn't eat you because you have a "Historian" badge on your shoulder.

Instead of, you know, eating sinners, and writing its own memoirs (it is immortal,* so what's it care about how long it takes?)

*Speaking of which, why doesn't it just rampage around the middle east eating everyone left right and center? It is immortal.
kjones
Dumpshock is:

The feeling you get when your twin Ares Crusaders modded for full-auto and loaded with APDS slide out of your twin cyberarm slides and everything is right with the world.
Draco18s
QUOTE (kjones @ Apr 14 2010, 12:11 AM) *
everything is right with the world.

I keep hitting the shift key...
wind_in_the_stones
Dumpshock is:

The feeling you get when your twin Ares Crusaders modded for full-auto and loaded with APDS slide out of your twin cyberarm slides and the clips accidentally eject.

wink.gif
Dwight
Dumpshock is swordfish mustardball.
Bull
QUOTE (Dwight @ Apr 13 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Dumpshock is swordfish mustardball.

Indeed.
augmentin
Dumpshock is:

The place Tom Dowd makes a cameo!
knasser

Dumpshock, is us.
Red_Cap
Dumpshock is the insanity that keeps me sane in an insane world.
Dread Moores
QUOTE (Red_Cap @ Apr 14 2010, 01:55 AM) *
Dumpshock is the insanity that keeps me sane in an insane world.

Dumpshock is: the place where I'm really worried what qualifies as insanity for Red_Cap, if this place is keeping him/her sane. wink.gif
Red_Cap
QUOTE (Dread Moores @ Apr 14 2010, 12:10 AM) *
Dumpshock is: the place where I'm really worried what qualifies as insanity for Red_Cap, if this place is keeping him/her sane. wink.gif

At the moment, Iraq. Rockets and mortars and AKs, oh my!
wusselpompf
Dumbshock is... the place where you can forget to watch your back, miss a target, waste ammo and cut deals with the occasional dragon and still live to see how others carefully elaborate what you've done wrong.
Aaron
Dumpshock is:

... the measuring stick I use to see how well I'm writing for Shadowrun: the less my work is discussed, the better I'm doing.
Brazilian_Shinobi
I'm stunned no one said it yet:

Dumpshock is:

Better than NERPS.
darthmord
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Apr 14 2010, 09:00 AM) *
I'm stunned no one said it yet:

Dumpshock is:

Better than NERPS.

No no no...

Dumpshock IS NERPS!
augmentin
QUOTE (Red_Cap @ Apr 14 2010, 03:19 AM) *
At the moment, Iraq. Rockets and mortars and AKs, oh my!

Thank you for your service.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 13 2010, 05:48 PM) *
Dumpshock is:

Seattle at 3 AM in a cold November rain after six straight hours of planning, in anticipation of six minutes of mayhem and chaos.

Dumpshock is the 6 hour heated discussion the team has before finally just settling on 6 minutes of chaos.

Alternate Dumpshock is at the top of my history list due to obsessive visits.
KnightRunner
Dumpshock is People!
Angelone
Dumpshock is:

the reason we all are on a government watch list.

a place where everybody knows your (street)name.

my homepage.

where a PAC, napalm, and a nerve agent are viable druggie deterent methods.
Wandering One
QUOTE (Aaron @ Apr 14 2010, 03:51 AM) *
Dumpshock is:

... the measuring stick I use to see how well I'm writing for Shadowrun: the less my work is discussed, the better I'm doing.

You know, that's kinda sad...

Dumpshock is: a place where the thin skinned run away crying and you're left with people who can actually have a discussion without constantly worrying about PC landmines.
crash2029
QUOTE (Wandering One @ Apr 14 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Dumpshock is: a place where the thin skinned run away crying and you're left with people who can actually have a discussion without constantly worrying about PC landmines.

That's why I use a Mac!
(I don't actually)

Dumpshock is:
a hydra with severe dissociative identity disorder and moderate Tourettes. On acid.
Xahn Borealis
Dumpshock is:
Burning not only all YOUR edge, but the edge of everyone in the party, just to hear the other poster say, "You're right, I guess I read the rules wrong."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012