Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pathetic Gaming/Life Moments
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
moosegod
Other Guy: ok, this computer is demon possesed
moosegod: Impossible.
moosegod: Possession only works on metahumans.
moosegod: And other concious beings at the GM's discretion.
Other Guy: this computer is alive
moosegod: SMASH IT!
moosegod: DEUS MUST NOT GET FREE!
Raptor1033
::squints hard at moosegod:: you've lost your right to interact with the normals ::smacks moosegod on the back of the head::
k1tsune
...I've done stuff like that before.

Actually, "AGGGH! IT'S DEUS!" has been said before, by me, when my computer was acting weird online.
Kagetenshi
Well, my computer continually says it's "gathering children from disk for local host" or somesuch.

Zombie children floating in pipes!

~J
Frag-o Delux
My PC is named Deus on my network and I sware it is torturing me. My network is named Matrix. biggrin.gif
Ancient History
I once had to answer a question about the sex lives of blood elves. That's a sad, sad thing.
Siege
QUOTE (Ancient History)
I once had to answer a question about the sex lives of blood elves. That's a sad, sad thing.

Eek, a thorny subject at best. eek.gif

-Siege
Jason Farlander
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
My PC is named Deus on my network and I sware it is torturing me. My network is named Matrix. biggrin.gif

Interesting. My computer is named Megaera. Obviously they must battle.
Frag-o Delux
He says he is busy right now making the operations of my other computer impossible and really screwing with me. He refuses to share bandwidth with the rest of the network to get on the net.
Kagetenshi
My next computer will be named Manus Celer Dei. Points to the first person to get the reference.

~J
Siege
"Swift Hand of God" -- from the Marathon series of games.

Sorry, I cheated.

-Siege
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
My next computer will be named Manus Celer Dei. Points to the first person to get the reference.

~J

My sources say Marathon 2 story, latin for "The Swift Hand of God."
moosegod
QUOTE (Raptor1033)
::squints hard at moosegod:: you've lost your right to interact with the normals ::smacks moosegod on the back of the head::

Norms?

Who?

AHH! MITSUHAMA HIT TEAM!
k1tsune
My old computer was named Atropos.
This one never really got a name.
Kagetenshi
Currently I'm working on Prometheus, with Mainframe running the Grid Overwatch Division Public Access Server. Kate is in her state of semi-disassembly as she has been ever since I cannibalized her for her hard drive.

~J
maergrethe
One of my non-gaming friends started quoting Jake Blues during the church scene, and my GM and I started laughing. . .only we weren't laughing for the same reasons as everyone else at the table. No, we started thinking of DUMPSHOCK of all things, where "when the troll preacher asks if you've seen the light, you say yes!"

And that only made us laugh harder. . . .
Kagetenshi
I just remembered perhaps my most amusing pathetic gaming/life moment. Once, late at night, my girlfriend and I were cuddling. We were talking about stuff, and she asks about the Renraku Arcology. I start to tell her the story. Midway through, well... we get distracted, if you know what I mean. Sidetracked, if you will.

After that's finished and a few minutes pass, I finish relating the story of the Arcology.

Beat that.

~J
Lindt
You sick sad little man.
Frag-o Delux
After listening to a blonde in a programming class I wished I had a cranial bomb and the trigger. smile.gif How this girl got into a programming class I don't know. The prerequsite should be she at least be able to turn the damn thing on.
Kagetenshi
Well yes. That goes without saying smile.gif

~J
moosegod
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I just remembered perhaps my most amusing pathetic gaming/life moment. Once, late at night, my girlfriend and I were cuddling.

My believing stopped there. ohplease.gif

Good story though.

[ Spoiler ]
Diesel
So much for my happy clean bubble world.
Solstice
heh, I actually defended People Watcher against slander by one of my real life friends.

*sob* I've hit rock bottom.
toturi
My computer's name used to be Otaku and the password was Deep Resonance.

Now, it's Shadowrun and password is canonrules.
Grimtooth
i was driving into work the other day and noticed that the Ford Excursion is the right size to be made into a ford canada bison. With the right body work, and engine you could have a sweet little ops vehicle.

I related this to one of the guys in my group and he agreed that is was in fact the right type of vehicle and that it would be cool to try....

he also informed me that we are both pathetic geeks for thinking it and that by creating one we would be showing the magnitude of our geekiness
Nikoli
I just want an MK 6 drone so I can telecommute and still change tapes. wavey.gif
Grimtooth
QUOTE (Nikoli)
I just want an MK 6 drone so I can telecommute and still change tapes. wavey.gif

LOL that is cool.

i never thought of that.
Nikoli
Well, my co-workers always ask me why I don't telecommute more often, and my only answer is because I haven't built my robot yet, since on any given day I might need to build, rebuild, cannabalize, percussion engineer a server....
Grimtooth
Percussion engineer a server?

Me thinks this involves violently hot swapping drives?
Nikoli
No, some of the older hard drives need a little 'encouragement' to come back on-line. Just a little tappy-tap-tap-tapity-tap.
Reaver
QUOTE (Nikoli)
No, some of the older hard drives need a little 'encouragement' to come back on-line. Just a little tappy-tap-tap-tapity-tap.

Yeah. With a sledgehammer. wink.gif biggrin.gif
boodah
Computer name:
tekn0mage

Character:
Atma, technomancer.
Fahr
At my cube at work, where I troublehoot Police systems, i have:
Mindcrime,
Nakazato,
Bebop,
Arcadia,
Outlaw Star,
Gundam,
Treuno.

high fives to whoever can name all the sources!

I also set up 3 AIX servers, named Central(dogma - they wouldn't actually let me name it the whole thing), Ronin, And Dragoon.

A Computer for everything and everything for a computer...

-Mike R.
Jason Farlander
Does it count as a pathetic life moment for each of us that have contributed to making this thread a list of what we've named our computers?
Req
After that's finished and a few minutes pass, I finish relating the story of the Arcology.

You know, Deus frowns on nookie. Code must be pure. nyahnyah.gif
Kagetenshi
Code is pure. Errors are eliminated. Bugs are shot. Are you doing your duty, citizen?

And I only know some of the references, but yay for the Queensr˙che reference. Mindcrime it is.

~J
Fahr
correct!

-mike R.
Req
"mary, my laaaaady of paaaaiiin!"

That album ruled, in a really humiliating manner. smile.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Well my computer is name Semi-Autonomous KnowBot and the home net is named "The SCIRE matrix"

I'll go get my coat.....
Kagetenshi
Hmm... my home network is named "Shadownet", but I host the Grid Overwatch Division. Conflict of interest much?

Edit: Hm. Something's wrong with the site, and I don't have time to troubleshoot it right now. Ah well, don't run too rampant while GOD is away.

Edit2: seems to be back up. Wonder what the problem was?

~J
Shockwave_IIc
I've allways wanted my E-mail as Shockwave@skprime

*still trying to find anorak*
Shadow
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Just a little tappy-tap-tap-tapity-tap.

Go home ball, are you to good for your home!

My computers are names after Great dragons, but hey, I like dragons. My network is, *drum roll* Dagonslair.

A friend and I were really into EQ when it first came out. One night, real late we unplugged to get a couple of milkshakes. As were driving back we spot a cop car on the side of the road, my friend says, "look out for that mob".

The sad thing was, we didn't realize it till about ten minutes later. When we did, we couldn't stop laughing.
Nikoli
My computer's name is Pelor... Do you have any idea the look on my wife's face when I explained where that came from?
k1tsune
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I just remembered perhaps my most amusing pathetic gaming/life moment. Once, late at night, my girlfriend and I were cuddling. We were talking about stuff, and she asks about the Renraku Arcology. I start to tell her the story. Midway through, well... we get distracted, if you know what I mean. Sidetracked, if you will.

Beat that.

~J

Knowing you (pl) I can see that happening so easily.

I think that disturbs me even more.
Solstice
QUOTE (Nikoli)
My computer's name is Pelor... Do you have any idea the look on my wife's face when I explained where that came from?

lol from the AD&D original pantheon?
Nikoli
Basically, though I kyped it from 3rd ed.

Though, I just thought of another one...
Since joining a game here onthe boards, I spend all 8 hours at work connected to the board, waiting for somone to post in the threads...
wobble.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Fahr @ Feb 20 2004, 05:43 PM)
At my cube at work, where I troublehoot Police systems, i have:
Mindcrime,
Nakazato,
Bebop,
Arcadia,
Outlaw Star,
Gundam,
Treuno.

high fives to whoever can name all the sources!

I also set up 3 AIX servers, named Central(dogma - they wouldn't actually let me name it the whole thing), Ronin, And Dragoon.

A Computer for everything and everything for a computer...

-Mike R.
Bebop as in
Cowboy Bebop?
Siege
Probably -- Arcadia, Outlaw Star and Gundam are anime as well.

-Siege
Gordon
Back in the days of Shadowrun I, I used to see Damage Codes in license plates...all the time.

Look, there's the damage code of an HK 227! biggrin.gif
Frag-o Delux
There is a tanker company down the street from my house, it's name BTL. Nothing wierd but the first time I saw it I started wondering how many BTLs it would take to fill a tanker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012