Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pathetic Gaming/Life Moments
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Req
There's a company in seattle that drives around in white panel vans with "AZTECH" written on the side in big red letters.

They always frighten me.
John Campbell
I own a couple of Aztechnology sound cards. Got pictures around here somewhere.....

Ah, here... and a closeup of the Aztech logo on the main logic chip.
Rev
The Aquarian Foundation is two blocks from my apartment.

They have a nice big sign, and really crazy brochoures (argh how does one spell that). On the pamphlets (ahh) they are called "The Aquarian Foundation: Church of the New Ascended Masters". Something about aliens I think.

Awesome, they have a wep page!!!
toturi
QUOTE (John Campbell)
I own a couple of Aztechnology sound cards. Got pictures around here somewhere.....

Ah, here... and a closeup of the Aztech logo on the main logic chip.

Blood Spirits! They use Blood Spirits to manufacture electronic components! That's why they're so cheap!
Austere Emancipator
Damn, I envy you people for having a concrete thing (Shadowrun) to blame for your lack of Life. My computer is named Computer, user Anon Ymous, of group GROUP.
k1tsune
Want to know how secretly geeky I am?

Since I've become a regular... inhabitant... I get depressed when I'm not in the top 10 posters on Dumpshock. dead.gif
RedmondLarry
Since I've become a regular, I get mad when I see stupid nonsense posts by people using this as a chat board or a lounge, or who try to be in the top 10 posters. I'm interested in Shadowrun and they just waste my time.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (OurTeam)
Since I've become a regular, I get mad when I see stupid nonsense posts by people using this as a chat board or a lounge, or who try to be in the top 10 posters. I'm interested in Shadowrun and they just waste my time.

How much time does it take to ignore a thread that isn't on a topic that interest you?

I'm here to waste time anyway, so I cannot comprehend your problem.
k1tsune
Well... I like to know I'm contributing things. Even if it's just an opinion.

...nevermind. *deflames brain*
Siege
QUOTE (k1tsune)
Well... I like to know I'm contributing things. Even if it's just an opinion.

...nevermind. *deflames brain*

Awww...don't deflame...we like you hot. grinbig.gif

-Siege
k1tsune
QUOTE (Siege)

-Siege

That doesn't deserve a response..
Sahandrian
My computer is named The Great Cow Guru...

Who can ID the course on that one?
simonw2000
QUOTE (Solstice)
QUOTE (Nikoli @ Feb 20 2004, 02:56 PM)
My computer's name is Pelor... Do you have any idea the look on my wife's face when I explained where that came from?

lol from the AD&D original pantheon?

How religious is your wife, Nikoli? That might have had something to do with it. twirl.gif
Nikoli
Want to know how secretly geeky I am?

Since I've become a regular... inhabitant... I get depressed when I'm not in the top 10 posters on Dumpshock. 

LOL, I know the feeling.

QUOTE (Solstice)
QUOTE (Nikoli @ Feb 20 2004, 02:56 PM)
My computer's name is Pelor... Do you have any idea the look on my wife's face when I explained where that came from? 

lol from the AD&D original pantheon? 

How religious is your wife, Nikoli? That might have had something to do with it. 

Religious, my wife? about as religious as me, which ain't a whole lot.
Siege
QUOTE (Sahandrian)
My computer is named The Great Cow Guru...

Who can ID the course on that one?

From the tune, "Cows with Guns"

Funny stuff.

-Siege
Kagetenshi
Besides, Deus ought to be free.

~J
Neon Tiger
Well, I tend to think about Real Life in SR terms. Like when I see a really good looking blonde woman, I think like "Gee, she probably has CHA at least 6". Or when I'm doing my some programming at school and get a really hard task, I'm like "damn, I must get more karma so I can raise my Computer/Programming".

You get the idea. Yeah, I know, I'm really pathetic. frown.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (k1tsune)
QUOTE (Siege @ Feb 20 2004, 09:49 PM)

-Siege

That doesn't deserve a response..

But you gave one anyway?

K1tsune, poster with a heart of gold! love.gif Or maybe platinum.
simonw2000
QUOTE (Neon Tiger)
Well, I tend to think about Real Life in SR terms. Like when I see a really good looking blonde woman, I think like "Gee, she probably has CHA at least 6". Or when I'm doing my some programming at school and get a really hard task, I'm like "damn, I must get more karma so I can raise my Computer/Programming".

You get the idea. Yeah, I know, I'm really pathetic. frown.gif

Not going to ask...
Large Mike

I am undisputedly the biggest SR geek in my entire city. When I walk into the game store (any of them), they'll say something like 'Cannon campanion is being reprinted, so we don't have any copies' and I say 'I know, but is Wave 3 and 4 here yet?' (Points for those that know what I'm talking about.)

When people ask me how I was able to accomplish things like free movies and whatnot (happens a fair chunk), I say 'it's 'cause I throw seven dice on charisma and have 'good looking and knows it''.

Everywhere I go, I look to see what spots aren't covered by security cameras.

My tattoo artist is trying to talk me out of getting an SR tattoo once I have the money.

I'm so hardcore, and such an SR-pusher, that at a recent tournament to inaugerate newbies, someone forgot the pregens, so I tore mine out of my core book.

If one of my friends ever expresses even the vaguest interest in playing SR, or even looks at one of the duels figures or posters, I go 'come on, the store's still open for 20 minutes, and I can get you a good deal on the main book.'

I am such an SR geek that I briefly met Peter Adkinson at GenCon and had an internal debate as to whether or not to be a bastard simply because he was associated with WotC back in the day, the biggest threat to all the good games. For reference, by all accounts, and from personal experience, I can tell you he does *not* deserve an unkept class-warrior to be talking trash and throwing things at him.

I pay for favors from my friends in Karma.

Do I really have to go on?
Neon Tiger
QUOTE (simonw2000)
QUOTE (Neon Tiger @ Feb 21 2004, 06:04 PM)
Well, I tend to think about Real Life in SR terms. Like when I see a really good looking blonde woman,  I think like "Gee, she probably has CHA at least 6". Or when I'm doing my some programming at school and get a really hard task, I'm like "damn, I must get more karma so I can raise my Computer/Programming".

You get the idea. Yeah, I know, I'm really pathetic.  frown.gif

Not going to ask...

You're not going to ask what?

I thought I was clear enough.

Ask, and learn. biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Large Mike)
I am undisputedly the biggest SR geek in my entire city. When I walk into the game store (any of them), they'll say something like 'Cannon campanion is being reprinted, so we don't have any copies' and I say 'I know, but is Wave 3 and 4 here yet?' (Points for those that know what I'm talking about.)

You're talking about the next two Duels figure sets, of course.

~J
CirclMastr
I'd post why I'm such a geek, but J and Kitsune are regulars here now, and there are things I haven't told them.
k1tsune
Oh. I just remembered another moment I had. I was reading A Good Man i Hard to Find for Lit, when I stumbled across a part where the main characters visit a barbeque joint called "Red Sammy's."
Needless to say, I couldn't stop wondering if he worked for Renraku.
Panzergeist
If you think Deus is bad, just be glad you don't have an iFruit personal computer.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (CirclMastr)
I'd post why I'm such a geek, but J and Kitsune are regulars here now, and there are things I haven't told them.

I'm betting it's a tatoo.
simonw2000
QUOTE (Large Mike)

When people ask me how I was able to accomplish things like free movies and whatnot (happens a fair chunk), I say 'it's 'cause I throw seven dice on charisma and have 'good looking and knows it''.

Everywhere I go, I look to see what spots aren't covered by security cameras.

My tattoo artist is trying to talk me out of getting an SR tattoo once I have the money.

I'm so hardcore, and such an SR-pusher, that at a recent tournament to inaugerate newbies, someone forgot the pregens, so I tore mine out of my core book.

If one of my friends ever expresses even the vaguest interest in playing SR, or even looks at one of the duels figures or posters, I go 'come on, the store's still open for 20 minutes, and I can get you a good deal on the main book.'

I am such an SR geek that I briefly met Peter Adkinson at GenCon and had an internal debate as to whether or not to be a bastard simply because he was associated with WotC back in the day, the biggest threat to all the good games. For reference, by all accounts, and from personal experience, I can tell you he does *not* deserve an unkept class-warrior to be talking trash and throwing things at him.

I pay for favors from my friends in Karma.

Do I really have to go on?

When I see certain ornaments, I keep thinking "Looks alright for a focus."
TimeKeeper
LM, you just have a small city, (I don't care how big you think it is, wait for my response) while I am the only fraggin Shadowrunner on this island. I have yet to find a real gaming store (ohhh and as soon as I do........ They're going to know me by all five of my aliases.)

I was so hard up for playing anything I NEARLY broken down and bought 3.5 Ed (D&D). Luckly cooler heads (and Dumpshock, with Grendle) prevailed.
CirclMastr
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
QUOTE (CirclMastr @ Feb 22 2004, 04:25 AM)

You'd be wrong. Now cough it up.

nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif love.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (CirclMastr)
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
QUOTE (CirclMastr @ Feb 22 2004, 04:25 AM)

You'd be wrong. Now cough it up.

nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif love.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif

frown.gif nuyen.gif --
moosegod
I already have all of my cyberware selected, that's for sure.

Am still debating on how to get it, however.
ShadowPhoenix
hmmm, when I think of what Cyber I would get. Datajack, Encephalon, headware memory(want to make sure I really have photographic memory) enhanced pheremones, superthyroid gland. I could really use something to boost my metabolism, I totally want the datajack--I want to program by DNI. Encephalon because I like to be able to digest multiple thought threads at the same time.

Now if the drek hits the fan and SR world fully hits, I need Smartlinks and a VCR.
Sahandrian
I want a datajack and a sleep regulator. Possibly a Math CPU, but do I really need one?
Kagetenshi
Datajack or three, Encephalon, Math SPU 3, Transducer, Internal GPS, Orientation System, Hearing Amplification, Sound Dampener, High and Low Frequency hearing mods, Select Sound Filters, Spatial Recognizers, Image Link, Flare Compensation, Ultrasound, Low-Light, Thermographic, Electronic Vision Magnification (no cybereyes, though; all this in the natural meat), and a Jolt Alert to top it all off. Maybe a Retinal Clock too.

And that's not counting the bioware I want.

~J
Neon Tiger
Well, if I won't Awaken, I'd probably become a decker, so I would get Encephalon, Math SPU, Mnemonic Enhancer(I have really bad memory), and maybe even a cerebral booster. And some headware momery too. And a few datajacks and a chipjack, too. And and.... biggrin.gif

Either that, or the fullbody cyber replacement. Obvious, that is. With lots of armor. Then I'll be a Robocop. biggrin.gif "Tromp tromp tromp whirr" "You are under arrest. Drop your weapons in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1."
Large Mike

Being the only player in a country only makes you the biggest by default. And yes, Calgary is a bit on the small side, at only a ~1.2 million, but I'm still the biggest.

Dude, evil on the being the only roleplayer out there, though.
toturi
QUOTE (Neon Tiger)
Either that, or the fullbody cyber replacement. Obvious, that is. With lots of armor. Then I'll be a Robocop. biggrin.gif "Tromp tromp tromp whirr" "You are under arrest. Drop your weapons in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1."

That reminds me of Carebears! rollin.gif
"Carebears stare! 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"
RedmondLarry
Only one player in a country? Wow!
There are three on the 2nd floor of my building.
Perhaps dedicated players naturally collect in Redmond.
simonw2000
Most of the old FASA Adventures were set in in the Washington State area, so SR fans could meet up there. Coincidence? You tell me!
Siege
Anyone else ever get banged up, notice the look of shared pain on someone else's face and say, "it's ok, just a Light wound"?

-Siege
Shockwave_IIc
Think i've said "Think i failed my soak roll" after coming out of a mosh hurting a bit
Diesel
I took a 6M stun wound from air-hockey. By Rigger 3 collision rules, at least. biggrin.gif
gknoy
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Well, my computer continually says it's "gathering children from disk for local host" or somesuch.

Zombie children floating in pipes!

*chuckles*
That reminds me of a section in one of my programming books on "Reaping dead children" wink.gif

(I believe it was the Perl Cookbook, IIRC ...)
Kagetenshi
I quoted that to a friend once ("Reaping dead children"). His comment was "please tell me that's not a typo"

~J
gknoy
QUOTE (Panzergeist)
If you think Deus is bad, just be glad you don't have an iFruit personal computer.

I believe Penny Arcade has an appliance that will help you with that problem . . . wink.gif
moosegod
Back to the subject at hand...

There was a sign that was for habitat for humanity: 1 of every 6 humans lives in slums worldwide.

I thought "Wow, that's convenient. Just forget the other metatypes, especially orcs."
Kagetenshi
Damn those racist Habitat for Humanity people. More like Habitat for Humanis, if you ask me.

~J
moosegod
vegm.gif
littlesean
@Timekeeper I was stationed in Guam for 4 1/2 years. Played SR(it was still 1st edition then, 90-95) and ADND 2ED. Being in the military, I was able to find gamers fairly easily and went to the Anderson Bookstore for most of my stuff, but there was a place on Marine Drive called Hafa Books that carried stuff.
And don't give up hope. I met my wife there playing DND. She is a cute little redhead and still plays today, we are coming up on our 11th anniversary. So Keep The Faith and your Karma may pay off nicely.

Back on topic, one my many moments was this. We came around a corner of a building and were staring straight into the setting sun. I said 'AHHH...aah that is better, flare comp is a wonderful thing.' One of the other guys knew about SR but none of them played. The chump with us asked what I was talking about and my buddy said 'Oh, his eyes are synthetic, they have been replaced and have some cool features.' This got an awed and quiet 'Really'. He never lived it down.
Siege
QUOTE (littlesean)

And don't give up hope. I met my wife there playing DND. She is a cute little redhead and still plays today, we are coming up on our 11th anniversary. So Keep The Faith and your Karma may pay off nicely.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say this is the exception rather than the rule. grinbig.gif

And a general congrats to such a private affair.

-Siege
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012