Full Version: Real magic vs SR magic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Abrojus
I feel tempted to start a thread named:
"RL vampires vs SR vampires"

biggrin.gif grinbig.gif rotfl.gif

moosegod
It'd be about the same level of discussion.

WAIT TILL 2011 YOU FOOLS!
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (moosegod)
WAIT TILL 2011 YOU FOOLS!

Due to the low population of spike baby elves on this forum, most posters don't have the patience to wait until 2005.
Ceres
...I have but one thing to say, and I'm not sure if it's been stated already, but... Magus is the feminine... And I do believe the person claiming to be a magus was said to be a guy...
enough from me.
*goes into hiding*
Kagetenshi
Erm... I sincerely doubt that. There are a few second-declension feminine words, but not many, and I'm pretty damn certain magus isn't one of them.

~J
Ceres
You are speaking to someone who at one point was quite interested in practising magick... The source I used stated clearly that magus was the feminine. Mage is either masculine or indefinate. Of course, magus/mage are terms that aren't even really used. Unless you're thinking back to Chrono Trigger or other RPGs. Either that or my information's wrong. And has been wrong for several years.
Kagetenshi
Probably. I'm pretty sure magus comes from Latin, in which case it's a second declension and almost certainly masculine.

~J
Fortune
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I'm pretty sure magus comes from Latin, in which case it's a second declension and almost certainly masculine.

That's what I learned in Latin class.
GunnerJ
Me too. [/MBposterstereotype]
Skeptical Clown
I made a hamster disappear then reappear once. No drain. Also predicted what card someone drew out of a deck of cards once. Also no drain. So yeah, SR magic is silly.
Siege
QUOTE (Skeptical Clown)
I made a hamster disappear then reappear once. No drain. Also predicted what card someone drew out of a deck of cards once. Also no drain. So yeah, SR magic is silly.

Watching the hamster scrabble against the flood of water as you flushed the toilet doesn't count.

-Siege
mfb
neither does your secret weekend getaway with Richard Gere!
Shadow
I way 285 pounds and am 6'4. One time I ran a five minute mile with 75 pounds of gear on plus a fully loaded M-16.
Siege
QUOTE (Shadow)
I way 285 pounds and am 6'4. One time I ran a five minute mile with 75 pounds of gear on plus a fully loaded M-16.

Not that I'm doubting you, but...what the frag does that have to do with this topic thread?

-Siege
Tzeentch
I dunno, maybe he thinks he's a real life physad or he used Improved Attribute?
Zazen
I once shook exactly two aspirin out of the bottle. No drain there either.
Siege
QUOTE (Zazen @ Mar 4 2004, 09:22 AM)
I once shook exactly two aspirin out of the bottle. No drain there either.

No drain? Now we're plumbing the depths of comparisons.

-Siege

Edit: Yes! I'm flushed with heady excitement!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012