Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some alternate weapons rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Yerameyahu
Um. Platelet Factories only apply to Physical damage, and Trauma Damper is applied before Platelet Factories anyway.
maeel
Hey guys, i am back, so i have been thinking a lot about the arguments i heard over my last proposal, so i have come up with this:

CODE
COMPLEX ACTIONS
A Complex Action requires concentration and/or finesse and subsequently time.
Only one Complex Action is possible per Combat turn. A character who takes a Complex Action has to take it in his first initiative pass and cannot take any Simple Action till the next Initiative Pass. He may take mental free actions though.

Firing modes:

SS: remains the same
SA: remains the same
BF: short bursts increase the base damage of a weapon by 50% (multiply base damage by 1.5 round up)
long bursts: removed

Full auto: firing a weapon in full auto is a complex action and uses up to 40 rounds, every 10 rounds fired equal a bonus score of +1 minus the unmodified range modifier. Up to 4 targets can be engaged at the same time if they are within 1 meter of each other, but the successes of the test have to be split up evenly among the targets(round down).  A full burst generates a recoil of -1 per 10 rounds.
The bonus score acts as a multiplier for the skill. The recoil is subtracted from the entire dice pool as usual.

So what do you think of this?
sabs
Other than you just completely destroyed all melee characters?

maeel
QUOTE (sabs @ Sep 8 2010, 09:17 AM) *
Other than you just completely destroyed all melee characters?

I assume you say that because melee is a complex action, well i would turn it into a simple action, that would make it more realistic.
Yerameyahu
I wouldn't say 'realistic' when describing anything. smile.gif Supposedly, Melee is a complex action because it's slower than pulling a trigger, and because a single Melee attack consists of more than 'a punch'.
maeel
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 8 2010, 09:50 AM) *
I wouldn't say 'realistic' when describing anything. smile.gif Supposedly, Melee is a complex action because it's slower than pulling a trigger, and because a single Melee attack consists of more than 'a punch'.

ok, realistic was a ill term. its ok that melee is a complex action in order to steamline the process, however what i suggested gives melee character an edge.

Yerameyahu
Yup, that's the way to describe it. smile.gif I'm not sure what sabs meant, though, so vague.
Doc Chase
I believe what the issue may be is that you're saying that a melee character can only make one melee attack, and then spends the next 1-2 initiative passes with his thumb up his keister.

I could have read that wrong, but that was the gist I got from the rule.
maeel
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Sep 8 2010, 10:12 AM) *
I believe what the issue may be is that you're saying that a melee character can only make one melee attack, and then spends the next 1-2 initiative passes with his thumb up his keister.

I could have read that wrong, but that was the gist I got from the rule.

Well yeah thats why i suggested to make melee a simple action, as an alternative full auto could be an exclusive complex action (3rd edition iirc) that would take the entire combat turn, while normal complex action remain the way they are.
Doc Chase
In which case things may be workable, though that caveat isn't in your ruleset. nyahnyah.gif
maeel
which solution do like more, the exclusive complex action variant, or the "melee is a simple action" version?
Doc Chase
The latter, I think. Melee characters will like being able to make more attacks in a round.
sabs
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 26 2010, 08:52 PM) *
Um. Platelet Factories only apply to Physical damage, and Trauma Damper is applied before Platelet Factories anyway.

I double checked the reading on those.

Trauma Dampener turns 1 p into 1 s unless it's S then it removes 1 S entirely
Platelet Factory turns 2 damage into 1 damage. But it neither says physical or stun damage, it just says damage.

So with both, you should be able to turn 3 stun into 1 stun, or 3 P into 1p 1s
Yerameyahu
You're not even trying, sabs. biggrin.gif
Platelet Factories: Platelet factories increase the body’s ability to handle Physical damage by accelerating the production of platelets within bone marrow, thus lessening the trauma from large wounds and quickly stopping bleeding. Any time the user suffers 2 or more points of damage, the damage is instantly reduced by one point.

3 Physical >(Trauma Damper)> 2 Phys + 1 Stun >(Platelets)> 1P/1S
3 Stun >(Trauma Damper)> 2 Stun

Note: Yes, Trauma Dampers and Platelet Factories are fish-shaped. >()> biggrin.gif
sabs
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 8 2010, 06:05 PM) *
You're not even trying, sabs. biggrin.gif
3 Physical >(Trauma Damper)> 2 Phys + 1 Stun >(Platelets)> 1P/1S
3 Stun >(Trauma Damper)> 2 Stun

to be fair, I read it at 3am this weekend, and didn't go back and check it before i posted it.
stupid stun damage, making my troll cry.
Yerameyahu
It's okay, have a fish. biggrin.gif Besides, he wants a Pain Editor anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012