Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should Attention Coprocessor cost more Essence?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Karoline
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Sep 21 2010, 11:52 AM) *
Weird. It really shouldn't be. It's processing sensory data.

Or it is training your eyes to look at thing more closely, to focus in on individual details. I think there might be some slight argument that it helps with your eye movements, which are in fact very important to seeing stuff properly. As for hearing and smelling, that is a bit harder to reason.
Yerameyahu
The fluff is that it helps you maintain attention, actually. Either way, not Physical; once again, the rules are a little wonky. Surprise!
sabs
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 21 2010, 08:25 PM) *
The fluff is that it helps you maintain attention, actually. Either way, not Physical; once again, the rules are a little wonky. Surprise!

I, for one, am totally shocked!
StealthSigma
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Sep 21 2010, 11:44 AM) *
Except you can't get a Reflex Recorder (Perception). Combat or physical skills only.

I guess you could make the argument that it's supposed to apply to skills linked to physical attributes but I believe the wording in Reflex Recorder as well as the criteria of Enhanced Articulation sink that fairly easily. Enhanced Articulation states "Physical skills linked to Physical attributes" while Reflex Recorder states "Combat and Physical skills only". It could have been an oversight, but I would expect Reflex Recorder to say "skills linked to Physical attributes" if it was not meant to apply to perception.
Yerameyahu
Well, it's dangerous assumption that the rules are in any way coherent. biggrin.gif But yes, that logic would normally be correct, and we have to pretend there's coherence.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 21 2010, 04:08 PM) *
Well, it's dangerous assumption that the rules are in any way coherent. biggrin.gif But yes, that logic would normally be correct, and we have to pretend there's coherence.

Of course, but specifying just Combat and Physical skills should be enough to dismiss skills linked to physical attributes and allow Reflex Recorders only for skills in the Combat Active Skills and Physical Active Skills section.
Yerameyahu
I agree. The question is, did they intend for Perception to be a 'Physical Skill'? Who knows. In this context, it probably shouldn't be. It's not exactly a reflex to be recorded. One more for the house rule list. smile.gif
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 21 2010, 04:19 PM) *
I agree. The question is, did they intend for Perception to be a 'Physical Skill'? Who knows. In this context, it probably shouldn't be. It's not exactly a reflex to be recorded. One more for the house rule list. smile.gif

The same can be said for Navigation or pretty much any other Physical Active Skill that is not linked to a Physical attribute.

Disguise (Intuition), Navigation (Intuition), Perception (Intuition), Shadowing (Intuition), Survival (Willpower), and Tracking (Intuition)
sabs
They have it listed as a physical active skill.
They did not say, physical attribute linked skills and combat skills, and piloting skills
StealthSigma
QUOTE (sabs @ Sep 21 2010, 04:28 PM) *
They have it listed as a physical active skill.
They did not say, physical attribute linked skills and combat skills, and piloting skills

The latter two (combat skills and piloting skills) would be redundant with the former since all Piloting skills and combat skills use physical attributes.
Yerameyahu
I don't think that Perception is in the same category as all of those, StealthSigma. *shrug* I made it very clear that I'm only commenting, not stating the RAW.
sabs
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 21 2010, 09:30 PM) *
The latter two (combat skills and piloting skills) would be redundant with the former since all Piloting skills and combat skills use physical attributes.

True..
I couldn't remember if Reaction was a Physical or Mental attribute.

StealthSigma
QUOTE (sabs @ Sep 21 2010, 04:32 PM) *
True..
I couldn't remember if Reaction was a Physical or Mental attribute.

Physical: Strength, Agility, Body, Reaction
Mental: Intuition, Logic, Willpower, Charisma
Udoshi
QUOTE (sabs @ Sep 20 2010, 01:11 PM) *
If I have cyber eyes can I use TacNet bonuses to cast spells?

Actually, yes and no. If you qualify for a tacnet, and are using an Indirect Combat Spell(which says its treated like a ranged attack, but also gets soaked by armor instead of just exploding people), then yes, a tacnet does help. Don't necessarily need cybereyes, either.

If you -were- to go down such a route, you could get both a smartlink and a smartgun system in your eyes through rules trickery, which would also help with a ranged combat attack with your eyes, since it has both necessary halves for the +2 (eye tool laser w/ internal smartgun mod, cybereye smartlink system. Sadly, you can't put cyberguns in your eye.)
Yerameyahu
Indirect Combat spells still require a real LOS to the target for a 'mystical targeting connection'.
Indirect Combat spells gen- erate a spell construct at the point of origin (the caster) which travels down the mystic link to the chosen target (see Choose a Target, p. 183), whereupon it discharges and the effect defined in the spell description manifests.

And you certainly don't get smartgun bonuses without using a smartgun. smile.gif Even letting the *tool* laser qualify is a stretch; can you Personalized Grip the non-weapon chainsaw?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012