Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap ways to annoy the Horrors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Stormdrake
Couple ideas on the metaplain of metal. The first is that the named Horror "Artifacer" is in fact a twisted elemental from said plain of metal. His return to that plain may have tainted the whole place which means mages that made it to that plain have been eaten. The other idea is that it could be a sub-plain of the elemental plain of Earth and simply undiscovered as of yet.
Christian Lafay
As much as Mages have tried to quantify magic is hasn't seemed to happen yet. It's like being at a console written in another language. Eventually you will learn what some of the buttons are for so but we haven't been able to translate it yet. So anything is possible. Yea for no concrete answers.....
Rackenspear
Hmmm, lets see what I can throw at you (and please let me know if I go wrong, my SR4 needs working on)

Aztechnology whilst summoning spirits for Cybermancy get something 'interesting' and bind it into their cyberzombie(oh, wonder when Ares are going to get around to fusing bugs into their cyberzombies). through some highly improbable chain of events, the techs realise that the processing equirements to keep this spirit in their cyberzombie are way too excessive, and take a data dump to analyse the results. Every time they try to load up the data, their systems crash due to massive overload. Deciding that the best way to hide this data until they can handle the required processing power, they hide the data behind the best security they can devise with a view that once processing power is available to crack the code, there will be a good chance of the programme working.

The file gets labelled JackBNimble, Jormangand shreds the security and a horror (sort of) finds itself in the matrix. It takes some trail rations and starts to torment them with the living death that is being a horrors i-phone app in the sixth world is, while it studies them and learns about it's new home.
Sengir
QUOTE (sabs @ Nov 19 2010, 08:58 PM) *
I've been thinking.
What if Technomancers are Adepts (this explains alot of their physical echo abilities) with the very first instance of a thread weaving talent/power.

They are able to weave a thread to the Pattern of the Matrix, and through that be able to do all sorts of weird stuff.

Complex Forms are just special threads smile.gif

*Waves his GloWand*

Hm, nothing.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (sabs @ Nov 17 2010, 12:50 PM) *
That would have been fine.. if they'd not included Sprites, and Deep Resonance Realms.

Or Echos

and threading of software in your brain? REALLY?

Or modifying your nervous system so you can move faster
or take a skillsoft and convert it into a "brain program'"

All perfectly logical extrapolations of the Matrix in my opinion... I have to agree that they used the mechanics to synchronize them, not to imply that they would eventually form some kind of fusion between magic and technology... If the mechanics are similar, it will speed up the learning curve. This is the reason, and nothing else. smokin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012