Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aiming through Cameras?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
PresentPresence
This is good rollplaying, for sure, but is it good roleplaying? I see the potential, but their are a few problems.
Balance Tail (You will look like a cyberchimp.)
Severe Allergy to Gold (Watch out for Mr. T.)
Incompetence with Bows and Clubs (Sure, he's a master sniper, but he just can't figure out how to pull a string or swing a plank of wood for the life of him!)
Skilled wetwork operative eating out of the dumpster (Might not be living a life of Luxury, but they probably have to keep in shape with a healthy diet, as seen in your Agility (or really Body) attributes.)
TickTalk
QUOTE (PresentPresence @ Nov 16 2010, 09:31 PM) *
This is good rollplaying, for sure, but is it good roleplaying? I see the potential, but their are a few problems.
Balance Tail (You will look like a cyberchimp.)
Severe Allergy to Gold (Watch out for Mr. T.)
Incompetence with Bows and Clubs (Sure, he's a master sniper, but he just can't figure out how to pull a string or swing a plank of wood for the life of him!)
Skilled wetwork operative eating out of the dumpster (Might not be living a life of Luxury, but they probably have to keep in shape with a healthy diet, as seen in your Agility (or really Body) attributes.)

Did I mention he's minorly addicted to long haul? I tweaked it a lot more since then. For roleplaying purposes. First of all he's a cyberware junkie. He does a hit and buys himself the newest cyberware that he can get his little hands on. Always looking to improve his body although now he's hit the point of 0.01 essence. He just CAN'T anymore. After each hit he get's surgery and blows his money on nightclubs and other such luxuries along with being able to stay up for 4 days no problem. Then he returns to the other character whom he lives with to crash out for his 8 hours in safety before trying to resume a normal life. He literally eats out of dumpsters because he loves cyberware so much. Ignoring his basic needs. Along with redoing the flaws he's severely allergic to gold as a birth thing (In real life I'm actually allergic to most metals gold being one of the worst where I can break out into a nasty rash so I decided I'd just add this to my character xD)

That and he's got a weak immune system from all the cyberware he's put on himself. And the reason he's inept at using clubs is because even the idea of hitting someone with his sniper rifle rather than shooting them just freezes him up. He can't swing it around it's his baby! This has followed over to any weapon of the type (Ok that ones a stretch. nyahnyah.gif)

Basically a club addicted super sniper. I even took knowledge club music and gave him an addiction to what would seem like an ideal club drug.

The weak immune system you could also say is a result of a nasty diet. His agility doesn't suffer but he sure does get sick easily thanks to his destructive lifestyle. I also intend to get him living by normal standards now that he can't risk losing anymore flesh to cyberware as he's almost not even alive. So he can afford to eat right and still party hard.

As for the tail you pick the look of it. Devil's tail! Hell yeah!
PresentPresence
Do you only have access to the core rulebook? Because you are missing out on some cool qualities for this guy. Lemme give you some...
[Note: Copying out of a .pdf is hell to edit. I'm posting them as a picture of the descriptions. Mods smack me if this is against the TOS.]
Augmentation Qualities
Also look for the Hawkeye quality from the Runner's Companion (I don't feel like editing that nyahnyah.gif )
Basically, I would suggest Addiction - Party Drug of choice, Mild Allergy - Precious Metals (Less munchkiny, munchkinny, munchkin-y, munchkinesque?) I-IID, Augmentation Addict, and at least 3-4 Essence to save for Augmentation binges, and it saves you money. You might also consider taking Reduced Hearing/Deaf for 5/10 BP because a Sniper is mostly focused on Visual Perception, and micro-drones with micro-phones are cheap as hell. You can even give them an Emotitoy autosoft so they can give you a deeper understanding of the tone of the speaker (And the Lip Reading knowledge skill helps too). Munchkiny? Maybe, but at least you can roleplay it more easily. I would suggest taking a Middle Lifestyle (more starting cash, but not much) and a safehouse or equivalent knowledge skill of safehouses.
A lot of your wares seem irrelevant, and you seem to be forcing roleplay on them. Get a car, man. A cheap, ubiquitous car with no mods save a morphing license plate (Y1,000) and a spoof chip (Y500) and of course a fake license R4 to go with it. I'm bad with guns and hacking though; I'm sure the others can help you more in that department.
TickTalk
And on one last note. One more question. Where do you find tiny spider drones that I can load up with fancy cameras for really high sensor tests?
PresentPresence
It's all about the BBB, baby.
QUOTE (SR4A pg 350 & 351)
Shiawase Kanmushi (Microdrone)
This quad-leg micro-drone "bug" crawler is ideal for penetrating closely confined areas and is capable of crawling on walls and ceilings.

Handling: +1
Acceleration: 2/10
Speed: 10
Pilot: 3
Body: 0
Armor: 0
Sensor: 1
Availability: 8
Cost: ¥1,000

Super cheap fun time! Buts let's slap on these modifications:
Chameleon Coating: 2 slots, ¥1,000
Fuzzy Logic: 1 slot, ¥2,500

Microdrones only get one sensor capacity. Let's fix that.
Improved Sensor Array: 1 slot, ¥1,000

This gives us a minidrone's sensor array, or three capacity for sensors. Yay!
Microphone R6: 1 slot, ¥300 (Enhancements bring Availability to 10)
+Audio Enhancement R3: ¥300
+Select Sound Filter R3: ¥600
Camera R6: 1 slot, ¥600 (Enhancements bring Availability to 12)
+Vision Enhancement R3: ¥300
+Vision Magnification: ¥100
+Low-light Vision: ¥100
+Flare Compensation: ¥50
Radio Signal Scanner R6: 1 slot, ¥150

This gives our drone a Sensor rating of 6. That's basically it's skill in Perception.

Good, the hardware's done, let's give her some software.
Adaptability, Covert Ops, Maneuver, and Clearsight Autosofts R3: ¥6,000 (Total)
Empathy Software R3: ¥600 (Or take it at R6 for ¥3,000)

In total, that's ¥14,600. Not so super cheap fun time anymore. But for 3 BP you can have yourself a useful little spotter buddy and +3 to your Social dice pool. Can costs be shaved down? Of course! But when you're lying prone with one eye squeezed shut and the other focused on your target, wouldn't it be nice to have a more autonomous little buddy hiding in the hallway listening for footsteps and looking for goons/witnesses? I know I would.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012