Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Denver Missions Team 1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Isinghar
Tony "Cruiser" Santa Cruz
[Monday, April 4th 2072 | Evening | Thirsty's Tavern, Denver, UCAS Sector]
PAN = Passive| Fake SiN = Marcos del Campo | UCAS Citizen

Cruiser will place an order for ammo with Ghost, "Ghost thanks for the offer. I will need a few clips of regular ammo for my HK, also maybe some stick-n-shocks and Ex-ex if available. 30 rounds of each will do. Should be around 600 nuyen.gif , but here's 750 nuyen.gif just in case."

He will enjoy the evening and the company, and will start heading out by 10:30pm if folks have not left earlier. He will let Warden crash on the floor of his one room doss.
Thanee
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 6:48pm | Thirsty's Tavern, Denver, UCAS Sector]
Ghost; PAN = Passive, Fake SIN: Elayne Allister

<< [Ghost] No problem, but you need to be a bit more specific than that. If I ask for ‘shot rounds for Jessie’ I might get some strange looks. >>
Faraday
Andre "Warden" Bure
[Monday, April 4th 2072| Thirsty's Tavern, Denver, UCAS Sector]
PAN = Passive| Fake SiN = Thomas Mylekovich | UCAS Citizen

<<@Ghost. Oh, right, I forget about that. Jessie takes a 12 gauge round, make sure to ask for buckshot, fancy types might call it "flechette".>>

Warden finishes up with his drink quickly but stops binging at that point. The night goes well, if too swiftly, and he heads out with Cruiser. When they get to Cruiser's place, Warden is kinda quiet, probably just the booze getting to him. With the craziness of the day and all the alcohol in his bloodstream, he doesn't really seem to mind the funk or the lack of padding on the floor. He sets his smartpack in a corner and uses it to rest his head on.
Von
Pedro "Padre" Alonzo Medina
[Wednesday, April 6th 2072| Midnight | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]
PAN = Passive | Fake SiN = Juan Gonzales

Pedro's eyes are wide open, staring at the underside of the canopy of the circus-top tent in Cheeseman Park, as he keeps wide awake, laying in a makeshift cot with his hands cradling the back of his head, his arms forming wings. He can't sleep, convinced that the special agents of the Templars, perhaps mages from the Order of St. Sylvester, even the descendants of the Bavarian Illuminati may be out on the prowl to hunt him down, after divulging to an acolyte of the Sylvestrians the lurid details of the secret ritual of the Black Mass. However will I survive in this strange new city?

A watcher spirit in the form of an angel keeps flying in and out of the tent, assuring Pedro over and over again that for the nonce he is keeping watch and is safe.
sabs
Rick Noland
[Tuesday, April 5th 2072 | 9:00 am - 9:00 PM | Denver, CAS Sector]
PAN = Active | Fake SiN = Lyle Emmet | CAS Citizen

Rick woke up, like he did every morning, wide eyed and bushy tailed. He made his way to Eric's apartment, from where he had been and let himself in, buzzing up so Eric would know he was coming in.

"Rick, my man.. how's it going.. how did it go?" Eric asked, as he opened the door. Rick waited until he was inside and the door was closed before answering. "It went well, I made some good solid Nuyen. Hey, can you point me in the right place to find a place to live.. that won't ask too many questions about my SiN? I'm gonna have to get a better quality one for my day to day stuff." Rick flopped down on the chair. "Mind if I work from here? I gotta do some research on some stuff, and edit some stuff."

Eric answered, "Nah.. if you're getting your own place soon, you can chill here. I gotta go to a meeting anyways. Don't mess the place up."

Rick went and took a much needed shower, shave. After breakfast he settled down for some serious matrix searching. He needed to find a place that would have the kind of software he needed to do this work. It took him the better part of a day to find it, but find it he did. After exchanging some pleasantries with other Icons at Digital Freedom, he came away with a much lighter bank account, and a commlink with some new hot drek software.

"Man, I need to go get some dinner, relax." That said, he went out and got himself some green chili at this local spot in the CAS Sector.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Noland
[Wednesday, April 6th 2072 | 12:00PM | Denver, CAS Sector]

He'd spent most of the morning working on editing the mapsoft and going through and only keeping the important parts of the video that he'd collected. His personelle files now all in order, and properly edited, he set his encryption software to lock the whole thing down. It would take until tonight to be done, but he knew it would last a while.

[ Spoiler ]

<<@gang: Here's that mapsoft I told you guys about. I'll give you guys the password when I see you guys next. [LINK] >>
J. Packer
[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 12:20am | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

The spirit reports back again to Pedro. "There are unquiet spirits in the park, but they seem intent only on haunting the places where they perished. The tent city is a place of wholesomeness, and you may rest here unmolested. The dawn may bring other counsel, but for now you must rest."

[Tuesday, April 5th 2072 | 9:00 am - 9:00 PM | Denver, CAS Sector]

The software at the Digital Freedom haven is a mix of hand-coded stuff by the folks that run the place, and some no longer quite cutting edge warez that had been pirated. Nothing military grade, but better than the average joe on the street is going to lay hands on, and Rick breathes a little easier knowing he has those tools in his kit.

There are more than a few small apartments - old houses that have been converted into four, six, eight apartments each - where the landlord is the guy who lives in the nicest of the apartments. The prices vary, as do the locations, some in the UCAS part of old downtown, more in the CAS sector.

[ Spoiler ]

[Tuesday, April 5th 2072 | 9:33am| Cruiser's Doss, Denver, UCAS Sector]

Morning comes early, and with no curtains on the windows, the light streams into the room unimpeded. Warden and Cruiser wake up groggy, but feeling better than they have any business being, after a cocktail of beer and stimulants the day before. The shop that Cruiser's chummer told you about doesn't open until 10, so there's time to get cleaned up and fed before you go shopping for bikes and mods.
Isinghar
[Tuesday, April 5th 2072 | 9:33am | Cruiser's Doss, Denver, UCAS Sector]

What the frag! Oh... that's just Warden's snoring coming from the floor... Cruiser rubs his eyes and slowly gets out of bed, the throbbing headache a painful reminder of the effects of mixing cram with beer. He let's Warden sleep while he cleans up in the shared bathroom used by all the residents of the floor.

After freshing up a bit, Cruiser sends Ghost and Lyle a text message,

<< @Ghost; @Lyle [Crusier]: Hey chummers! Hope you slept well. Ghost if I recall correctly you were interested in finding some wheels. Is that still the case? Warden and I are on the way to an Auto Shop of a friend's friend... thought you may want to join. I could really use someone to help grease the transactions... you know... help sweeten the negotiations so that the shop manager expedites the order for my Gyro Stabilizer. I fear if I work it myself, the parts will be here for Christmas! Anyway the shop is located in the UCAS, it's called Derby Auto Mechanics, up at 76th and Hwy 2. I'll buy lunch! >>

Cruiser will wake up Warden and will head out to the local Stuffer Shack for breakfast. He hopes Lyle and/or Ghost will call offering their help...
Thanee
[Tuesday April 5th, 2072 | 9:35am | Home sweet home, Denver, PCC Sector]

Elayne had been up for a while already, going through her daily routines and checking the news for any coverage of the last day. She didn't drink nearly as much as the others did, as she doesn't like to lose control over herself like she did on a few occasions in the past.

<< [Ghost] Hey Cruiser, you're up early considering the amount of beer you guys had. Yeah, sure, I can come and see that he will give you a fair deal. As for some wheels for me, I guess I need to save some more before I can really look into that. Maybe they have some good deals on used bikes, though; doesn't hurt to ask. I'll call you, when I'm in the area. >>
Isinghar
[Tuesday, April 5th 2072 | 9:35am | Cruiser's Doss, Denver, UCAS Sector]

<< @Ghost[Cruiser]: Awesome chica! Thank you. I'll wait for your call. We will be heading towards the shop a little after 10:00 am. Warden wants to see if they have any Thunderclouds available. We might be already there by the time you cross the borders and make it through the traffic. Ciao! >>

===============================================

[Tuesday, April 5th 2072 | 10:15am | Derby Auto Mechanics, Denver, UCAS Sector]
PAN = Active| Fake SiN = Marcos del Campo | UCAS Citizen

Cruiser and Warden walk into the Auto Shop and start browsing at the bikes they have on display. A young kid behind the counter looks up from the Popular Mechanics magazine he was reading, and is immediately apprehensive... I would be nervous too if two mean looking, cybered orks walk into my store...

Cruiser grins at the kid, "Hey chummer, I'm friends with Carlos Ruiz. You heard of him? We're here looking for bike for my friend and some upgrades for mine. Can you help us?" he says in his friendliest voice.

The kid smiles at the name Cruiser throws his way, "Yeah I know Carlos. I'm Junior, and may Dad's Big Lou. He owns the place. Let me show you around..."

Junior shows them around the shop, it is modest but seems well equipped, and they have a few bikes that have been cleaned up and available for sale. While Warden plays around with the bikes, Cruiser asks Junior, "I'm looking for a Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization system for a Thundercloud Contrail. Would you happen to have that in inventory? I'm not really in a hurry, so if we have to order the parts..."

As Cruiser bullshits with the Auto Shop guys, he is hoping Ghost will arrive soon to take over negotiations.
Faraday
Andre "Warden" Bure
[Monday, April 5th 2072| 9:45am| Cruiser's Doss, UCAS Sector]

After a suprisingly restful sleep, Warden wakes up to Cruiser poking at him. "Hmm, oh! Mornin' bud." Whoa, feelin' pretty good. That trauma damper was so worth it. He gets up and after getting directions from Cruiser to the bathroom, cleans up a little mostly to get the smell of stale beer off him. He is somewhat successful. Onward to the bike shop, feeling a little odd riding in tandem, Warden has his hopes up. This will be his first bike, and a new vehicle is always fun.

========================================

[Monday, April 5th 2072| 10:15am| Derby Auto Mechanics, UCAS Sector]

Warden lets Cruiser do the introductions and walks with him to the shop. Ooh, shiny. He tries a few different bikes and gets a feel for the seats and position. After maybe a half hour's playing around, he finally settles on one. "I think this is it. Feels good, feels fast." Junior pipes up at that point. "The Katana-11? Yeah, they're pretty good, about on par with the Thundercloud your buddy here has. Lemme check the price." Junior checks the bike with his commlink. It only takes a moment. "Yeah, 5 thousand for that ride, a real bargain." Warden ponders... and gives in pretty quickly. He really wants a ride and has the five grand right there. "I'll take it. There any way to get the RFID tags out?"
J. Packer
[Tuesday, April 5th 2072| 10:15am| Derby Auto Mechanics, UCAS Sector]

"I love a man who knows what he wants, and gets it!" says Junior. He starts entering the info for Warden to take possession, all legal like, of the bike. He doesn't even blink when the cred comes in certified credsticks. "I could arrange to wipe the tags for you, if my service has been worthy of a gratuity..." he says, with a cheesy sly look.

[ Spoiler ]

He talks to Cruiser while he types. "Gyro stabe, huh. Yeah, that could be handy on these roads, when you have to make some crazy maneuvers to avoid going ass of helmet. We don't typically stock the parts - it's custom for each kind of bike, after all, but I could put out some feelers for you..."
Faraday
PAN = Passive| Fake SiN = James Roland | UCAS Citizen

Warden gives Junior a similarly cheesy look.
"How's a cool 250 nuyen.gif sound?"

[ Spoiler ]
J. Packer
[Tuesday, April 5th 2072| 10:15am| Derby Auto Mechanics, UCAS Sector]

"A pleasure to do business with you Mr. Roland. Here are the passcodes. They're set at the factory, so make sure you change them yourself, preferably before you leave the shop. Seems like everybody knows those factory codes..."
Faraday
PAN = Passive| Fake SiN = James Roland | UCAS Citizen

"Thanks, will do." Warden lets Junior wipe the RFIDs on his bike and then sets up the bike's account code. Once that's done, he waits with Cruiser to get the Ammo from Ghost.
Thanee
[Tuesday April 5th, 2072 | 11:00am | Derby Auto Mechanics, Denver, UCAS Sector]

<< [Ghost] Hey! Should be there in a few. >>

Ghost has taken the bus to be there as quickly as she could make it, but she still had to cross the two borders, so it was taking some time.

Eventually, she arrives at the garage.

"Good Morning!"

Once she has figured out what they are up to, Elayne will assist Cruiser in the negotiations about his gyro stabilizer, hoping to keep the cost reasonable and speeding up the time for him to get his mods done.

Afterwards, she will take a look around the bikes offered and ask for some used bikes as well.

"There are some nice bikes here, do you also sell used ones? I don't think I can afford a shiny new one, yet."
J. Packer
[Tuesday April 4th, 2072 | 11:00am | Derby Auto Mechanics, Denver, UCAS Sector]

Ghost's arrival changes the mood in the room, and Cruiser is let off the hook for any further negotiations. By the time she's done, Junior has put in the order for the part, which will arrive on Monday, and agreed to a price of 2000Y, installed.

"It's a pretty intricate job - can you drop the bike off on Tuesday morning? We ought to have it done by lunchtime, but no later than the end of the day barring any explosions."

With that out of the way, he takes Ghost out back to a penned in area where the used rides are located. Half a dozen scooters are arrayed along one side, with pricetags between 1800 and 3000, a Gaz-Niki Wolverine, with it's treads in place of tires, priced to move at 7,999, and a Daiatsu Horseman, that looks nearly new, for 12000. An arrow nearby shows how the Horseman can turn from tiny motorbike into walker mode at need. Along the other side, a variety of choppers, all priced around 10,000, two Suzuki Mirages for 5K a piece, and an Evo Pegasus, in an outrageous hot pink paintjob, for 3,999.
Thanee
[Tuesday April 5th, 2072 | 11:00am | Derby Auto Mechanics, Denver, UCAS Sector]

Looking through the offerings, Elayne thinks the Mirage looks pretty good, but it's outside of her range right now. The scooters, while cheap are not considered, since she wants a real bike, if anything. That only leaves the quite lurid Pegasus.

"Wow! A true girly bike, huh?"

Smirking slightly, she goes on.

"This one would be the only one I could handle right now, financially. How much would it be for getting the paint job redone completely? Pink isn't exactly my favorite color," she says with a wink. "I mean, I could live with some pink applications, but this is a bit much, even though it makes the bike stand out and easy to find in the parking lot, I guess."
J. Packer
[Tuesday April 4th, 2072 | 11:05am | Derby Auto Mechanics, Denver, UCAS Sector]

Junior looks a little sheepish. "Yeah, the guys here have been calling it the G4 - the Go Ganger Gag Gift. Seems a guy bought it for his daughter, and she proved to be utterly inept at driving it - scared to death to try, and all that. If we go 4250, I can have the paint job done in time to pick it up on Thursday."
Von
Pedro "Padre" Alonzo Medina
[Thursday, April 6th 2072 | 6:30am | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

After the spirit assuages his fears, Pedro gradually drifts to sleep. He wakes before anyone in his tent, as the sun rises through a misty dawn, and says a rosary contemplating the luminous mysteries as a he takes an early morning stroll through Cheeseman park.
Thanee
[Tuesday April 5th, 2072 | 11:05am | Derby Auto Mechanics, Denver, UCAS Sector]

"Yeah, I guess it would raise some eyebrows. Not sure I need that kind of attention. Especially not from Go-Gangers."

Elayne pauses for a moment, before she continues.

"I can pay no more than 4,100¥. That's it. If that's fine, I will take it. Otherwise I will have to pass for now."
J. Packer
[Tuesday April 5th, 2072 | 11:05pm | Derby Auto Mechanics, Denver, UCAS Sector]

Ghost waves the credstick under Junior's nose and he snatches it out of her hand. "Yes ma'am. Now what name shall I put this one under?"

You can all tell that he's jazzed as heck to have made two sales and arranged for additional work for the mechanics. It's been a good morning for Junior.

[Thursday, April 6th 2072 | 6:39am | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

It's a beautiful morning in the park - the light is pale and the air crisp this early in the day. The trees are old and well rooted, and look to have been here for ever, a couple hundred years or so.

It's refreshing and the padre feels well at home in this place - no signs of any lingering malignance from the night before.

His reverie is broke up by a ping on his commlink. Fumbling with it, he see that it's an incoming message.

<<[Martingale]@Pedro - Come on back and have some breakfast, Pedro. I've got a line on how we can introduce you to some new friends.>>
Thanee
[Tuesday April 5th, 2072 | 11:10am | Derby Auto Mechanics, Denver, UCAS Sector]

"Name's Elayne Allister."

Elayne gives him the necessary details for the transaction and explains to him how she expects the bike to look like. She settles with white as the main color.

"Thanks. I will fetch it on thursday then."

When everything is taken care of, she heads back to the guys.

"Alright, I guess that's all for now. I got some work lined up still, so I will give you a call, when I have everything. Cya around!"
Isinghar
[Tuesday, April 5th 2072 | 11:05am | Derby Auto Mechanics, Denver, UCAS Sector]

Cruiser marvels at how smoothly Ghost handled the negotiations and made arrangements for the motorcycle gyro stabilization system. He listens to Junior's quote for timing and price, "You got a deal. I will bring the bike in next week on Tuesday. You have to thank Carlos for all this business. Two bikes and some custom work... a little over 11,000 nuyen.gif ! Not bad for a morning. I know you are going to do good work for me, right? I'm sure we will be coming here again soon with more business."

Content with the morning activities, Cruiser will relax the rest of the day and invites Carlos for dinner. He will treat him to a nice restaurant and good liquor. He spends just over 200 nuyen.gif on the meal, but feels it is a small amount to show his gratitude for hooking him up with the Koshari job and the Auto shop. During dinner and drinks Cruiser will keep the conversation light, but as the evening rolls on he will ask Carlos, "So what's with the Yaks and the Triads. Why would they be interested in stopping the delivery? What was that all about? And should I be worried that they will be coming after us in retaliation?"
J. Packer
[Tuesday, April 5th 2072 | 7:35pm | DiCicco's Restaurant, Denver, UCAS Sector]

Carlos looks a bit askance at Cruiser. "Once you figured out where you were taking this package, didn't you do any digging into this for yourself? It's a public secret, so I have no doubt you'd have found something on it..." Seeing that you didn't find anything, he continues. "The Chavez family has a long-term contract to run the casino down at the Lakeside Amusement Park, in the PCC. The Koshari allow them to continue to run the operations for a cut of the profits, is how I understand it. Your team acted as the go-betweens for those two otherwise hostile organizations, ensuring a smooth and orderly continuation of the status quo. Again, it was an open secret that the contracts were being renewed - somebody leaked it somewhere i the chain - and practically everyone else wanted to see to it that the contracts were not signed, allowing themselves to pursue the action, or at least weakening the Chavez family."

He takes another sip of the real whiskey you ordered. "So that's why the Mafia and the Koshari are so pleased with you. And the Yaks and the Triads - especially the Triads - are gunning for you now."
Thanee
[Tuesday April 5th, 2072 | 12:37pm | Denver, PCC Sector]

Elayne had her shopping list handy, when she went to see a few shops and suppliers. Mr. Gray had given her a few directions where she could get the items she was looking for in exchange for a small favor. He was looking for some items himself, and while she was at it, she could as well get those back to him. Sure, why not. Some of the parts were easy to locate, for others she had to wait until thursday. But eventually she managed to find everything that was needed.

[Wednesday April 6th, 2072 | 9:53am | Denver, PCC Sector]

The next day meant back to work for Elayne. More packages, most of them legal, but some not so much, had to find their destination. It was just routine work, nothing major, and Elayne was thinking about the bike she bought the day before and how it would make getting around town so much easier in the future.

Later, she called up Warden to ask for his help with the gun modifications she had in mind and the parts for now, and she delivered the ammo he and Cruiser had asked her to get for them.
J. Packer
[Thursday April 7th, 2072 | 9:22am | Denver, CAS Sector]

Martingale stands in front of Pedro, a look of concern on his face. "Padre, I know you're new to these parts, and to the darker parts of the world in general. I pray to God that I'm doing the right thing here. I have spoken to an associate of mine who knows the people I mentioned before. If they decide that they want to have your particular skills on-board, they'll be meeting here very near two o'clock. They have a job offer pending that is being arranged by another associate of mine, and you will get to meet her at around the same time. What does your heart tell you, father? Is this still the course you wish to take?"

[Thursday April 7th, 2072 | 1:27pm | Denver, CAS Sector]

Rick gets a ping on his comm from his friend and erstwhile roommate, Erik.

<<[Shadow]@Rick: I have two things for you - a line on some work, and a line on a spellslinger that's looking for an active team to join. You interested? If so, here's the initial point of contact. {{file attachment}} It's a quick one. You'll need to get your team there as close to 2pm as possible, she says.>>

The file includes a map that points to Cheeseman Park - specifically to the unofficial tent city that's sprung up in the old parking lot there - and two names. One, Tabby, is listed as the fixer for the gig. The other, Martingale, is the contact with the magical asset.

Von
[Thursday April 7th, 2072 | 9:23am | Denver, CAS Sector]

Pedro focuses his eyes on Martingale's, squinting as he faces the morning sun cowboy-like, his jaw clenched with the determination of a cabellero.

"Si, Señor. I would be more than happy to meet these runners of the shadows you speak of. I am confident my training with the Templars has prepared me for the times where I will need to protect myself and my associates."
J. Packer
[Thursday April 7th, 2072 | 9:23am | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

"If anyone can keep their soul intact during these times, father, I suspect it'll be you." Martingale claps Pedro on the shoulder in a friendly manner. "You've got some time to kill before they start to arrive. Why don't you come help me teach a bunch of kids who can't keep their noses out of their commlinks, and think that facial nanotats are 'business casual', about parts of speech?"
sabs
Rick Noland
[Thursday April 7th, 2072 | 1:27pm | Denver, CAS Sector]
PAN=Active | Fake SiN = Lyle Emmet | CAS Citizen

<<@Erik: Thanks, I think we're definitely interested.>>

Rick takes about 4 minutes to change into his working suite, pinging the team as he does so.

<<[Lyle]
Text: To Ghost, Warden and Cruiser
We got a gig. Need you guys at Cheeseman Park in the next 20 minutes.
Anyone need a ride?

--- Lyle

>>

Rick gets his gear together, and moves quickly down to the car.

Faraday
[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 1:27pm| Warden's Place, Soiux Sector]
PAN = Passive| SiN = Andre Bure | UCAS Citizen

Warden hasn't done much after heading back home from the bike shop. No really any money to go out or anything... He jerks up from his cheap trid show and opens the message.

<<[Warden]
Text: To Rick
Sweet, I could really use the cred. Meet ya there.>>

He suits up quickly and leaves Jessie at home for now, opting to take just his baton. He then mounts the Yamaha and cruises off to the meet.
Isinghar
[Thursday, April 7th 2072 | 1:27pm | Cruiser's Doss, Denver, UCAS Sector]

Cruiser wakes up from his afternoon nap when he hears his commlink beaping at him to pay attention. He quickly reads Lyle's text and grins in eager anticipation, Good! Another mission. I need to alert the others about the Triads when I meet up with them.

He plays back in his mind the conversation with Carlos over dinner and drinks the other night, and decides to carry his SMG to the meet just in case he happens to bump into Triad mooks on his way.

<< @Team[Cruiser]: I'll get to the park. No need for a ride. >>

He will put on his "run suit" and straps on his Ares Predator and the HK 227X; checks his permits and SIN, and heads on to the park.
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 1:27pm | Denver, PCC Sector]

Elayne has been at the bike shop during the morning, to fetch her new bike, and then spend most of the time making herself familiar with it.
Not having much experience led to a rather careful driving style, but better than crashing the new bike into the next wall, she thought.

<< [Ghost] 20 Minutes!? You couldn't say that a wee bit earlier, huh? Well, I hope I can make it in time... >>

Elayne immediately checks the map to see how far it is to said park. She then heads out, taking her light pistol with her, just in case.
J. Packer
[Variable]

As you approach the parking lot alongside Cheeseman park, you see the many colorful tents that make up the tent city there. A small stretch of concrete is set aside for vehicles, but there aren't any parked there. The vast majority of the folks there - squatters, the SINless and those with tainted SINs - are too poor to own vehicles.

Standing by one of the larger tents, you see the woman you've been sent to meet. Tabby is an athletic looking woman, and one who has obviously been touched by the comet. Her ears poke out from under her hair, catlike, and she's covered in a light down of fur where her clothes don't cover it up.

Standing nearby are two men, one a tall fellow, the other shorter, and dressed in dark clothes, wearing a serious and somber expression.
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 1:53pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

The border crossing was just routine. She had been going back and forth between the sectors quite a bit lately and usually had little problems getting through.

Ghost slowly drives into the parking lot, looking around for familiar faces.

<< [Ghost] I'm there... where are you guys? And where is the meeting? Here!? >>
sabs
Rick Noland
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 1:46pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

While Rick is driving to Cheeseman Park, he'll use his time to good use, doing background searches on both the Fixer, and the Magical support guy.
[ Spoiler ]

Rick pulls his car up into a parking spot. Computer, place car in idle mode.

<<[Lyle] @Warden/Cruiser/Ghost: At meet, waiting for you guys. Making initial contact with the fixer.>>

Rick approaches Tabby, and introduces himself. "I'm Lyle, the rest of my team is on it's way." He'll then patiently wait for the others to arrive.

<<@Pedro: I hear you're looking to join a crew. You anywhere near Cheeseman Park?>>
Von
[Thursday April 7th, 2072 | 1:46pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

Pedro responds to Martingale with great enthusiasm. "Certainly, I would be more than happy to assist you with your youth ministry. Lead me to your flock of lost sheep." Just as Pedro finishes, he receives a text. He hunts and pecks as he sends Lyle a comm.

<<@Lyle: Ah, yes, Martingale mentioned this. Yes, I am with him teaching the children now.>>

J. Packer

Lyle's search comes up with nothing on Pedro, but Martingale has a bit more information. He's the scion of a wealthy family, who had a very public spat with them and has moved on to philanthropic work in the Denver area. Searches on Tabby turns up that she's a former runner with good credentials, who has moved into a role as a fixer.

Tabby greets Lyle. "Thanks for meeting on such short notice. I wanted to get an eyeball on your team, as the Johnson's a close friend of mine. I hope it's okay that we meet here - Erik told me you'd be in the neighborhood."

Nearby, Lyle sees the man, Martingale, looking his way. The smaller man is slowly, deliberately pecking away on his commlink. As he finishes, the message comes through from Pedro.
sabs
Rick Noland

<<[Lyle]@Pedro: Ah, there you are. Excellent, why don't you make your way to Miss Tabby and I when the rest of my team arrives. You can't possibly miss them.>>

"No, of course, I understand. You don't want to send us to your friend, sight unseen, as it were. Yes, I was nearby, although some of my team is a bit.. farther away."

Von
Fr. Pedro Alonzo Medina
PAN = Active | Fake SiN = Juan Gonzales

Pedro walks up to what appears to be a woman and man standing together. His intuition tells him it may be the group of runners meeting up. "The owls are not what they seem. Is there a password to get into this club?" Pedro chuckles. "Are you the runners interested in an aging spellslinger? I'm not ready for the retirement home, yet!"
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 1:53pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

Since she doesn't know exactly where the meet is going to take place, Ghost looks around for Lyle and/or his Jackrabbit.
Faraday
[Thursday, April 7th 2072| 1:55pm| Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]
PAN = Passive| SiN = Andre Bure | UCAS Citizen

The trip through sectors had been fairly quick and simple, since Warden had went through with his legal SIN and license for his baton. Riding the bike was *so* much nicer than taking the bus, even if it meant going almost broke.
As Warden approaches Cheeseman park, he sees Lyle's car and pulls up next to it. Noticing Ghost looking around, he walks up to her. "Ey there, you see our buddy Lyle around?"
Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 1:55pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

Seeing the car in the parking lot, Ghost quickly finds Lyle standing next to some people near one of the tents and heads over to them.

"Hi! Yeah, that looks like him..." she says to Warden and signals him to follow her.
J. Packer
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:05pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

Warden and Ghost approach the group with Lyle, and shortly thereafter Cruiser rolls in and joins them. Introductions are made, and the taller man introduces Pedro around. "I have a lot of friends in town, and the fixer that put Tabby in touch with you, Erik, suggested you might find a use for Pedro on the team."

Tabby looks the group over before she begins to speak.

"I have a friend who went legit, but needs to get back into the biz for a bit. He's good people - heck, he was my fixer back when I ran the shadows. I wanted to see who I was dealing with - Erik's a chummer, but you folks are new in town, and I didn't want to send a friend people I didn't think could help him out. It's a bit time sensitive, so assuming you're interested, here's the contact info that I have."

Your comms beep with an incoming note - it's an address up in the Sioux sector, and a pair of pictures.

"The first guy here is the Johnson, man named Jaron Falcone. The second picture is of his assistant, Hafiz. I'm guessing you'll be dealing with Hafiz initially, so keep an eye out for him when you arrive. He wants you there no later than 6pm. You game?"
Isinghar
Cruiser; PAN = Passive, Fake SIN: Marcos del Campo | UCAS Citizen

Cruiser stands behind Lyle and listens to the female fixer describe the job. When he hears the meet is in Sioux territory, Fraggin' Drek!! Frag! Another fraggin' border crossing!, he scowls and looks down at his feet, trying to control his anger.

"What sort of compensation are we talking about?" he blurts out before giving Lyle time to jump in and make a better impression for the team...
J. Packer
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:06pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

Tabby laughs at Cruiser's outburst. "Easy, tiger. I've been on the other side of the table, too, and you don't want to show your hand quite that quickly. I can't say for sure, but it'll be appropriate for the job. Falcone never stiffed me back when he was my fixer."
sabs
Rick Noland
[Thursday, April 8th 2072 | 2:06pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

Rick smiles, as he laughs along with Tabby. "My friend does not lack in the eagerness department."

He pauses for a second to consider, giving everyone a once over. "We are, as you say, game. I appreciate the opportunity to do this favor for you... "

<<[Lyle]Everyone able to do a border crossing? Or should we call Striker or Peaches?>>

If Tabby does not add anything....

"Pedro, we'll take you on for this job. If things go well, we'll talk about future business afterwards? If that's alright with you."

<<[Lyle] I see everyone brought their own rides. We gonna go-ganger it? Or we consolidating?>>

Thanee
[Thursday April 8th, 2072 | 2:06pm | Cheeseman Park, Denver, CAS Sector]

"I'm definitely interested," Ghost adds.

<< [Ghost] Yep, border's no problem usually. >>
Von
Fr. Pedro Alonzo Medina
PAN = Active | Fake SiN = Juan Gonzales

When it's Pedro's turn to speak, he steps up, clasping his hand. "I will be happy to assist you in these matters."

<<[Pedro] I do not have my own transportation. If one of you would be so gracious as to take me in one of your vehicles, I would be grateful. I have the appropriate ID's for crossing the border.>>
sabs
Rick Noland

<<[Lyle]@Pedro: You can ride with me. I have the jackrabbit. It's easier than trying to squeeze onto the back of Cruisers bike.>>

Rick does a sort of double take as he finally realizes that /everyone/ is riding a Motorcycle, but him. <<@Cruiser/Ghost/Warden/Pedro: Really? you all got bikes?>>

Isinghar
Cruiser; PAN = Passive, Fake SIN: Marcos del Campo | UCAS Citizen

Cruiser just continues to scowl at everyone.

<< @Team[Cruiser]: What?!? Fraggin' border crossings are not a fraggin' problem?!? I'm already down 300 nuyen.gif and the job hasn't even started! And I have to cross another fraggin' border just to meet the Johnson?!? This is bullshit! If I ride with one of you smooth-talkers maybe I'll get by without having to pay another drekking bribe... Where can I leave my bike? I'm sure not leaving it here, it will get jacked before we ride out. >>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012